Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mike Irwin

Started by Hog_Swanson, April 27, 2016, 12:15:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Justagp

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on April 27, 2016, 01:06:56 pm
He's one of the last of the old school local sports guys, and I always enjoy reading his posts, especially when he comes down to the level of most of us jackwagons and tells us how the cow ate the cabbage.

Get better Mike.  Hogville needs you.

Jack Rabbit, you sum this up perfectly. Mike, please feel better soon - we really do need you  :razorback:

Lanny

Get well soon Mike!

Thanks for being a friend and part of the Hogville Family
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Pork Twain

Mike is too tough to be out long
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Inhogswetrust

If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

razCzar

This tweeted a few minutes ago:

Mike Irwin ‏@MikeIrwinRazN 52m52 minutes ago

Thanks to those who have sent prayers and wishes for a speedy recovery. Diverticulitis is not for sissies. #ain'tnofun

Get well soon, Mike.  We miss you.

oldbear

Prayers for you and your family, Mike. You are what other sports reporters should aspire to be. Thanks for all you do and all you represent. Get well soon.

riccoar

Prayers, Mike.  Hope your recovery is speedy.  We need your constant truth around here.

ricepig

smb

GeorgiaHOG

BorderPatrol

Praying for you, sir!

bp

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

RazorBassin

Prayers sent for comfort during his pain, dv is not any fun for sure!

jgphillips3

hogcard1964

Pork Twain

"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

longtimeHogfan

Diverticulitis can be a real pain in the butt.... :P  Miss ya' Mike....get on top of this and get back in the fray.  You bring something to NWA sports that's sorely needed.  And missed.
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

Ex-Trumpet

Had a good friend that contracted diverticulitis.  Out of respect, his ex sent a huge tub of popcorn.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

SamBuckhart

Get well soon , Mr. Irwin.
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

pork in the whiskers

ChitownHawg

Quote from: ricepig on April 28, 2016, 08:07:32 am
https://twitter.com/MikeIrwinRazN/status/725650422912839680

I had to read up on what this is and I agree with Mike it isn't for sissies. Of course he now knows first hand.

Get well Mike.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

atekido

Get well soon Mike! 

Doug

There's very few things that'll shut Mike up... and even then, he'll speak up sooner or later.

This is one of those times.

Rest up and get well, Mike!
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

BPsTheMan

get well Mike, God bless sir

Wayne Watson

Best wishes on a speedy recovery.  Connie and I have you in our prayers.
Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

buldozer

Hoping for a fast recovery Mike......

razorbackkid

Get well Mike.

:razorback:
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

Tejano Jawg

Praying for a speedy recovery Mike. Always a great contributor here—and in the newsroom—and a stabilizing force during times of chaos in Arkansas sports. (And there has been far too much of that in the last 10 years.)

Diverticulitis?...calling Mr. Google.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

TheRazorback500

Get well soon. Prayers going up. Woopig.

:razorback: :razorback:
Do you wanna get Rocked?

Dropkick

Mike is one of my favorites. Get well soon.

John (mrchambo) Chamberlain

Prayers sent up, Mike! Get well soon!

DeltaBoy

Continued Prayers sent for Mike Irwin.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

Pig Power

Always love to hear or read his "No BS assessments".. Speedy recovery MI!

JRHoward

Get well soon Mike!  Hope you are feeling better!
Woooo Pig!

oldfart

having gone thru an extremely severe case of diverticulitis all i can say is that im sending up prayers for Mike!!

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: oldfart on April 29, 2016, 04:19:16 pm
having gone thru an extremely severe case of diverticulitis all i can say is that im sending up prayers for Mike!!

Definitely not a cool thing to have.
This is my non-signature signature.

Arkamedes

Praying that you get well soon Mike!
"The time is always right to do what is right." ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Rise above oneself and grasp the world." ~ Archimedes

DeltaBoy

Get Better Mike we need you.

HogInOklahoma

ChitownHawg

Quote from: HogInOklahoma on May 10, 2016, 11:52:23 am
Any news?

AP on Roundtable said Mike was home and they hoped he back on the Roundtable this Sunday.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

The Kig

Quote from: TDHawgs on April 27, 2016, 02:13:44 pm
HIPAA violation!!   :D

Anyway, hope you get to feeling better!   :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

LOL, must be in healthcare too.

I hope <redacted> gets to feeling better soon.  Hogville is better with you in it <redacted>! 
Poker Porker

woodrow hog call

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on April 28, 2016, 10:20:20 am
Had a good friend that contracted diverticulitis.  Out of respect, his ex sent a huge tub of popcorn.

That's cold blooded right there, I ate some last night and today I'm suffering the consequences. I don't wish this on anybody, hate to hear Mike has it.

It takes a while to learn what you can eat and what you can't, and it affects some people differently than others. I was diagnosed several years ago and have learned to live with it, but it's no fun at all. If you are going to travel, you have to get ready 2 or 3 days in advance. Basically eat small amounts of really safe foods, and make sure you have some Imodioum AD handy.

Then you can count being sick for a day two after your trip.

Payers for you Mike, hang in there, it may not be as bad as they make it sound at first.
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

ALLVOL

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on April 27, 2016, 01:06:56 pm
He's one of the last of the old school local sports guys, and I always enjoy reading his posts, especially when he comes down to the level of most of us jackwagons and tells us how the cow ate the cabbage.

Get better Mike.  Hogville needs you.
This.

DeltaBoy

Overtheroadtruckdriver

Quote from: DeltaBoy on May 10, 2016, 02:57:54 pm

Good work in this thread getting your post count up, Delta. 

Hope Mike is back in here cracking skulls and knocking sense into us soon.

HogimusMaximus

CareBear

Get well soon Mike! Were actually neighbors . I don't always agree with your poitics but you have an undeniable passion for what you believe & that proverbial chip on thy shoulder that make for a great journalist.  :)

Mike Irwin

I am out of the hospital and slowly recovering from a medical condition that ran over me like a freight train. I always thought of myself as a tough guy. Actually I'm a wimp. There's nothing like waking up in ICU with tubes down both nostrils, your wrists tied to the bed frame and tubes poking out from your abdomen to make you realize that you are in control of nothing.

Thanks for the support. I'm not sure when I will be back at work. That is up to my doctor.

gmarv

welcome back to the board Mike good to see your getting better .

PonderinHog

Thank God it wasn't anything serious!   ;)

hoglady

Quote from: Mike Irwin on May 12, 2016, 07:24:04 am
I am out of the hospital and slowly recovering from a medical condition that ran over me like a freight train. I always thought of myself as a tough guy. Actually I'm a wimp. There's nothing like waking up in ICU with tubes down both nostrils, your wrists tied to the bed frame and tubes poking out from your abdomen to make you realize that you are in control of nothing.

Thanks for the support. I'm not sure when I will be back at work. That is up to my doctor.

Happy to see you are feeling well enough to post.
Here's hoping for a speedy and lasting recovery.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality