Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

So, in the Top247

Started by Prestworthy, October 27, 2016, 06:55:14 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Prestworthy

The Hogs have a commitment from 1 player.  Please tell me they are actively recruiting (and have a decent shot at)  more.  This is getting kinda ridiculous. 

onebadrubi

Quote from: Prestworthy on October 27, 2016, 06:55:14 am
The Hogs have a commitment from 1 player.  Please tell me they are actively recruiting (and have a decent shot at)  more.  This is getting kinda ridiculous.

No where near as ridiculous as your post.

Prestworthy

Quote from: onebadrubi on October 27, 2016, 07:33:23 am
You've been added to my ignore list. I hope I'm added to yours.

SemperFi

Quote from: onebadrubi on October 27, 2016, 07:33:23 am

I concur

The OP is turning over every rock looking for ways to qualify his opinion of the current state of the Arkansas Razorback football team.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

Prestworthy

Quote from: SemperFi on October 27, 2016, 07:39:26 am
I concur

The OP is turning over every rock looking for ways to qualify his opinion of the current state of the Arkansas Razorback football team.
Just curious - if I have an agenda, what is it?

RME

Quote from: Prestworthy on October 27, 2016, 06:55:14 am

Here's a serious question:

What the [CENSORED] do you propose they do to force kids to commit here?

If a kid doesn't wanna play here, he won't. Why can you people not understand that?

SemperFi

Quote from: Prestworthy on October 27, 2016, 07:48:05 am

To discredit Coach B and the program. Tell me (us) how you're not.

Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

Hawgar The Horrible

Apparently you do know how to read, so allow me to direct you to a couple of more pages within 247 that should answer your question.

The following link shows some of the players the Arkansas coaching staff have knowingly pursued this recruiting cycle. It is not a complete list. It is simply comprised of what the recruiting "guru's" are aware of.

http://arkansas.247sports.com/Season/2017-Football/Targets

This second link provides the list of offers out there the "guru's" are aware of. Guess what? It's not complete either.

http://arkansas.247sports.com/Season/2017-Football/Offers

I hope this helps answer your question so you can go about your daily routine without worry or further delay.
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

Prestworthy

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on October 27, 2016, 08:49:46 am
Apparently you do know how to read, so allow me to direct you to a couple of more pages within 247 that should answer your question.

The following link shows some of the players the Arkansas coaching staff have knowingly pursued this recruiting cycle. It is not a complete list. It is simply comprised of what the recruiting "guru's" are aware of.

http://arkansas.247sports.com/Season/2017-Football/Targets

This second link provides the list of offers out there the "guru's" are aware of. Guess what? It's not complete either.

http://arkansas.247sports.com/Season/2017-Football/Offers

I hope this helps answer your question so you can go about your daily routine without worry or further delay.
Honestly this doesn't help much. I was asking more about kids that have shown interest or visited and put the hogs in their top 3. Maybe some in the know can help.

Prestworthy

Quote from: SemperFi on October 27, 2016, 08:31:41 am
So you wouldn't say it's CBB's fault that the team was embarrassed on Saturday?

Prestworthy

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on October 27, 2016, 08:31:38 am

If a kid doesn't wanna play here, he won't. Why can you people not understand that?
Convincing a kid to play at school X is way more involved than that.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Prestworthy on October 27, 2016, 07:38:42 am
You've been added to my ignore list. I hope I'm added to yours.

Nah, I like seeing just how dumb some people are. 

You're agenda by the way is the agenda of a troll, a pot stirrer.  You don't have the capabilities to see a bigger picture or a grand scheme, let's say the overall landscape. You tell on yourself with every post you type, yet to continue to look for another reason to pile on this staff and their decision making. All the while our head coach is making more in one year than odds tell me you will make in your lifetime.  Why?  Because he's built up a resume and experience that the fair market in his industry will pay it. He's also shown every year he's been here to progressively get better, and each team has improved as the year goes on.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Prestworthy on October 27, 2016, 09:00:32 am

You are damn right it is.  No one, not anyone here, has said he isn't at fault for that game. But in the real world, one deal, one game, one transaction is not indicative of the overall performance evaluation.

Seebs

I enjoy the majority of your posts Prestworthy - but this is tantamount to crying.  We have deficiencies, but CBB is not one of them.  He gets six years - we are on year four. I will be with you year six if this is similar.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

SemperFi

So, you answer a question with a question. Answer mine "honestly" and I'll answer yours "honestly".

RME

Quote from: Prestworthy on October 27, 2016, 09:02:16 am
Convincing a kid to play at school X is way more involved than that.

Hey, no kidding?

Pig in the Pokey

of course it was.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: Prestworthy on October 27, 2016, 08:59:33 am
Honestly this doesn't help much. I was asking more about kids that have shown interest or visited and put the hogs in their top 3. Maybe some in the know can help.

Okay. Turn your attention to the far right column next to each players name. You will see words like "None", "Cool", "Warm" and "Warmer". That is the interest level each kid presently has in playing for the Hogs.

Sometimes there are icons in the far right column. See the little red piggies? Those indicate a player has verbally committed to play for Arkansas. Verbal commitments are non-binding, however. A player is not actually committed until he signs and faxes his LOI to the university of his choice. Oh, I'm sorry, LOI stands for Letter of Intent. These are not faxed until the first Signing Day which takes place in February of each calendar year.

Now, if you want to delve even deeper, click on a players name. There you will see that kid's list of favorites among all of his offers.

Practice these tips on the links provided earlier. Let me know when you have mastered them and we will move on to other exciting information provided on 247Sports.
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

onebadrubi

Quote from: SemperFi on October 27, 2016, 09:06:25 am
So, you answer a question with a question. Answer mine "honestly" and I'll answer yours "honestly".

You won't get one.  It's prestworthy being prestworthy. 

SemperFi

Quote from: onebadrubi on October 27, 2016, 09:42:38 am
You won't get one.  It's prestworthy being prestworthy. 

Figured so much. I've either been placed on the "ignore" list or he/she is actually afraid of coming right out and stating his/her position on the subject. It's gone long enough now without a response that a response now would mean absolutely nothing, so I'll not play this game.

onebadrubi

Quote from: SemperFi on October 27, 2016, 10:02:35 am
Figured so much. I've either been placed on the "ignore" list or he/she is actually afraid of coming right out and stating his/her position on the subject. It's gone long enough now without a response that a response now would mean absolutely nothing, so I'll not play this game.

It's been his MO for a few years now, all the way back to last year calling for BA to be sat for Ty storey.  That turned out well for him too. 

ricepig

Quote from: onebadrubi on October 27, 2016, 11:05:56 am
It's been his MO for a few years now, all the way back to last year calling for BA to be sat for Ty storey.  That turned out well for him too. 

Don't forget Korliss!!!

onebadrubi

Quote from: ricepig on October 27, 2016, 11:08:46 am
Don't forget Korliss!!!

Ahh yes, Korlis over Collins!!!!!!  Coach B was playing favorites and just didn't know what he was doing though.  Collins has more NFL TD's than korlis has NCAA ones I believe.

RazorPiggie

Can we please keep this crap out of the recruiting forum. My God.

PorkRinds

SemperFi

It was a shame that Korliss Marshall could not keep things together at the UA. Kid had talent, but he was no Alex Collins. He ended up at Eastern Illinois, but not sure what happened after that. Any idea?

Prestworthy

Quote from: SemperFi on October 27, 2016, 08:31:41 am
I'm absolutely discrediting CBB and the staff - for lots of reasons. I had high hopes for the season after seeing AA play so well, but after (3) 3+ touchdown losses in year 4, I'm very disappointed and don't see things shaping up well, especially in recruiting.

hollywood hog

Don't give a man a 15 million dollar buyout.  He might fight harder to get recruits and be willing to roll around in the dirt a little if he knew he wasn't getting paid regardless. 

RME

Quote from: hollywood hog on October 27, 2016, 11:54:07 am
Don't give a man a 15 million dollar buyout.  He might fight harder to get recruits and be willing to roll around in the dirt a little if he knew he wasn't getting paid regardless.

How do you propose he fight harder? Any specific actions?

How do you know he doesn't "roll around in the dirt"? Any proof he's a lazy recruiter?

Call me crazy, but a $15 million dollar buyout should be appealing to recruits who want to play for Bielema because that shows he's not easily going anywhere anytime soon.

ricepig

Quote from: hollywood hog on October 27, 2016, 11:54:07 am

Yeah, that's it, lol. So, I assume you work, or have in your life? Anyway, when you've been well paid, did you continue to do the work so that you would be well paid in the future? You figure he plans on retiring after this contract?

Prestworthy

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on October 27, 2016, 12:01:27 pm
How do you propose he fight harder? Any specific actions?

How do you know he doesn't "roll around in the dirt"? Any proof he's a lazy recruiter?

Call me crazy, but a $15 million dollar buyout should be appealing to recruits who want to play for Bielema because that shows he's not easily going anywhere anytime soon.
It's not just on him. He needs a staff of recruiters. It's clear the staff either can't recruit well, or they are missing big time on evaluations.

Seebs

Quote from: SemperFi on October 27, 2016, 11:34:48 am
It was a shame that Korliss Marshall could not keep things together at the UA. Kid had talent, but he was no Alex Collins. He ended up at Eastern Illinois, but not sure what happened after that. Any idea?
The Interwebs is a crazy thing

College Football
Scoreboard   |   Standings   |   Teams   |   Leaders   |   Polls
Korliss Marshall   
Carries   Yards   TD
39   177   2
Team: Eastern Illinois Panthers   Height: 6-0   Born: 8/16/1994
Position: RB   Weight: 205   Hometown: Osceola, Arkansas
Class-Eligibility: Sr-Jr

Career Rushing/Receiving Stats
Year   Team   G   Rush   Yds   Yd/Rush   TDs   Rec   Yds   Yd/Rec   TDs
2013   Ark    8   17   146   8.6   0   0   0   -   0
2014   Ark    6   25   119   4.8   1   6   37   6.2   0
2015   EastIl    3   0   0   -   0   0   0   -   0
2016   EastIl    5   39   177   4.5   2   10   160   16.0   2
Career       22   81   442   5.5   3   16   197   12.3   2

Career Returning Stats
Year   Team   G   Punt Returns   Yds   Avg   TDs   Kick Returns   Yds   Avg   TDs
2013   Ark    8   0   0   -   0   19   422   22.2   0
2014   Ark    6   0   0   -   0   9   271   30.1   1
2016   EastIl    5   0   0   -   0   9   219   24.3   0
Career       22   0   0   -   0   37   912   24.6   1

Offensive Logs
   Passing   Rushing   Receiving
Date   Opp   Cmp   Att   Yds   Pct   TDs   Int   Long   Car   Yds   Avg   TDs   Long   Rec   Yds   Avg   TDs   Long
9/1/2016   WestIl   0   0   0   -   0   0   -   10   37   3.7   0   18   4   111   27.8   1   79
9/10/2016   @ Mia-O   0   0   0   -   0   0   -   4   27   6.8   0   18   2   9   4.5   0   12
9/24/2016   APSU   0   0   0   -   0   0   -   6   29   4.8   1   10   1   11   11.0   1   11
10/1/2016   @ SEMO   0   0   0   -   0   0   -   8   18   2.3   0   12   2   19   9.5   0   14
10/8/2016   TennSt   0   0   0   -   0   0   -   11   66   6.0   1   17   1   10   10.0   0   10

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/cfb/players.asp?id=228236
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

colbs

Quote from: Prestworthy on October 27, 2016, 12:07:30 pm
It's not just on him. He needs a staff of recruiters. It's clear the staff either can't recruit well, or they are missing big time on evaluations.
Without cheating I am not sure Arkansas is going to start pulling in top 15 classes.  It's going to take a deep instate class along with the staff doing really good job at evaluating players.  Honestly no matter the coach the best teams Arkansas has had came from a deep instate class.  The 2008 class had 15, the next closest instate class I can think is 2014.  I think there was 10 instate players that signed with Arkansas that year.

LJHOG

Not force, entice $$$$$$$

Prestworthy

Quote from: colbs on October 27, 2016, 12:52:15 pm
Without cheating I am not sure Arkansas is going to start pulling in top 15 classes.  It's going to take a deep instate class along with the staff doing really good job at evaluating players.  Honestly no matter the coach the best teams Arkansas has had came from a deep instate class.  The 2008 class had 15, the next closest instate class I can think is 2014.  I think there was 10 instate players that signed with Arkansas that year.
I don't think I'm sold on the "the state of Arkansas must be deep to have a great class" argument.  If you look at the top 3 players on the 2014 team (bermuda triangle), 2 came from Alabama and one from JUCO.  On offense, the lineman were from FL, JUCO, CO, MN (one from AR), and skill players were from TX, LA, FL, (QB from AR).  So, the best players were mostly from out of state.

ricepig

Quote from: Prestworthy on October 27, 2016, 04:02:10 pm
I don't think I'm sold on the "the state of Arkansas must be deep to have a great class" argument.  If you look at the top 3 players on the 2014 team (bermuda triangle), 2 came from Alabama and one from JUCO.  On offense, the lineman were from FL, JUCO, CO, MN (one from AR), and skill players were from TX, LA, FL, (QB from AR).  So, the best players were mostly from out of state.
The JUCO on defense was from Arkansas, and Ragnow didn't start a game in 2014. Smothers and Cook started on the O-line, so two from Arkansas.

Prestworthy

Quote from: ricepig on October 27, 2016, 04:39:54 pm
The JUCO on defense was from Arkansas, and Ragnow didn't start a game in 2014. Smothers and Cook started on the O-line, so two from Arkansas.
But the JUCO was still recruited from Kansas...

ricepig

Quote from: Prestworthy on October 27, 2016, 05:24:52 pm
But the JUCO was still recruited from Kansas...

But he played high school ball in Arkansas...

onebadrubi

Quote from: ricepig on October 27, 2016, 05:26:19 pm
But he played high school ball in Arkansas...

And his parents own a prominent BBQ joint in NLR...

Prestworthy

Quote from: ricepig on October 27, 2016, 04:39:54 pm
Also, I wouldn't consider Smothers and Cook 2 of our best OL that year.

ricepig

Quote from: Prestworthy on October 27, 2016, 06:24:58 pm
Also, I wouldn't consider Smothers and Cook 2 of our best OL that year.
Of course you wouldn't, it didn't fit your agenda.

Prestworthy

Quote from: ricepig on October 27, 2016, 06:31:23 pm
Of course you wouldn't, it didn't fit your agenda.
Anyway - the best OL were from out of state. That was my point. Don't need a big crop of instate talent to field a good team.

Did you leave the others out bc they didn't fit yours?

ricepig

Quote from: Prestworthy on October 27, 2016, 06:36:40 pm
Anyway - the best OL were from out of state. That was my point. Don't need a big crop of instate talent to field a good team.

Did you leave the others out bc they didn't fit yours?

First, I didn't realize 2014 and it's 6-6 regular season record was considered the high water mark of Arkansas football. Second, I was pointing out your omissions on players. And lastly, they evidently were the best players for their positions, showing we need a nice balance of in-state and out of state players.

lumphog

Quote from: Prestworthy on October 27, 2016, 07:48:05 am
The undeniable PROOF of stupidity

Prestworthy

Quote from: ricepig on October 27, 2016, 06:56:32 pm
First, I didn't realize 2014 and it's 6-6 regular season record was considered the high water mark of Arkansas football. Second, I was pointing out your omissions on players. And lastly, they evidently were the best players for their positions, showing we need a nice balance of in-state and out of state players.
But you're missing my point - on that team, that fielded a better defense and OL than the hogs currently have, they didn't rely on a strong crop of in-state talent. Most were out of state, and we'd take them back in a heartbeat. Both RB's were out of state, and are playing in the NFL.

So my point - the in-state crop doesn't have to be awesome for great players to play at AR. Just gotta convince them to sign up.

Prestworthy

Another point to be made - if CBP were coaching the current WR's, they would look a lot like Adams, Wright, and Childs. He just makes WR's look great. Adams and Childs are free agents btw.

ricepig

Quote from: Prestworthy on October 27, 2016, 07:42:20 pm
But you're missing my point - on that team, that fielded a better defense and OL than the hogs currently have, they didn't rely on a strong crop of in-state talent. Most were out of state, and we'd take them back in a heartbeat. Both RB's were out of state, and are playing in the NFL.

So my point - the in-state crop doesn't have to be awesome for great players to play at AR. Just gotta convince them to sign up.

Uh, you're missing the point, when we've had  a good team, it's happened when we had strong in-state classes. Now, can we have a good one without one, possible, but it's yet to happen,

Prestworthy

Quote from: ricepig on October 27, 2016, 07:47:16 pm
Uh, you're missing the point, when we've had  a good team, it's happened when we had strong in-state classes. Now, can we have a good one without one, possible, but it's yet to happen,
We had a good team bc CBP was the coach and made the most out of them. Heck, he turned Tyler Wilson into an All-SEC QB!! Lol

ricepig

Quote from: Prestworthy on October 27, 2016, 07:48:48 pm
We had a good team bc CBP was the coach and made the most out of them. Heck, he turned Tyler Wilson into an All-SEC QB!! Lol

Arkansas kid, with Arkansas WR's, lol.

Prestworthy

Quote from: ricepig on October 27, 2016, 07:50:16 pm
Arkansas kid, with Arkansas WR's, lol.
If they were so great, why is only 1/4 on an NFL roster?