Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Will 'Being Bret Bielema' impact our recruiting?

Started by trashcan maN, September 01, 2016, 08:55:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: HamSammich on September 03, 2016, 10:48:22 pm
Think hard about what that means.... So the most watched show on a channel no one watches... On a Wednesday... Bah forget it. Thisnis hopeless
Well when you take over as president/CEO of Disney (i.e. ESPN) then you can take pleasure in knowing the first thing you get to do is axe the show. After all since virtually NO ONE watches it. However, before you do (at least since your avowed Hog fan) if it only reaches a handful of potential recruits and gets out the program's name then I would think it would be worth it. Heck, most programs are fighting for the "scraps" of recognition because they don't enjoy the success/love fest that schools such as 'Bama, Stanford, tOSU, "Oklahoma, Florida, Clemson, FSU and Meeccchhheggaaann do. Therefore we have to try something a little different and unique. Personally I think the shows have been entertaining, informative and have given a very good insight to CBB's personality, values (both as a person and coach), as well as the overall football program.

A fact you just might share and realize IF you took just a few minutes of your obviously precious and irreplaceable moments to bother to tune in. Ah, but I suppose that's what one has to sacrifice when one's gift to the world.

farmhawg

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on September 05, 2016, 04:48:31 pm
Well when you take over as president/CEO of Disney (i.e. ESPN) then you can take pleasure in knowing the first thing you get to do is axe the show. After all since virtually NO ONE watches it. However, before you do (at least since your avowed Hog fan) if it only reaches a handful of potential recruits and gets out the program's name then I would think it would be worth it. Heck, most programs are fighting for the "scraps" of recognition because they don't enjoy the success/love fest that schools such as 'Bama, Stanford, tOSU, "Oklahoma, Florida, Clemson, FSU and Meeccchhheggaaann do. Therefore we have to try something a little different and unique. Personally I think the shows have been entertaining, informative and have given a very good insight to CBB's personality, values (both as a person and coach), as well as the overall football program.

A fact you just might share and realize IF you took just a few minutes of your obviously precious and irreplaceable moments to bother to tune in. Ah, but I suppose that's what one has to sacrifice when one's gift to the world.
I like the show and think it was a smart move for Cbb. He is a likable guy that most can relate to.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

DeltaBoy

Quote from: trashcan maN on September 01, 2016, 08:55:29 am
Each episode is sort of like a free visit for every kid, of any age, that watches. The fact that it is being shown on ESPNU in marathon format is huge IMO. Ive had friends from all over the country txt me to see if Ive watched it.

Wild to think that The Razorbacks are the first school to have a nationally televised reality show.

What say you?

I hope so.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

hei5manhog

Think hard about what that means.... So the most watched show on a channel no one watches... On a Wednesday... Bah forget it. Thisnis hopeless

That's a lot better than being the lowest rated show on 'a network that no one watches'.
"If I can't practice, I can't practice. It is as simple as that. It ain't about that at all. It's easy to sum it up if you're just talking about practice. We're sitting here, and I'm supposed to be the franchise player, and we're talking about practice. I mean listen, we're sitting here talking about practice, not a game, not a game, not a game, but we're talking about practice. Not the game that I go out there and die for and play every game like it's my last but we're talking about practice man. How silly is that?

Seebs

I do see your point, thin as it may be to your argument. This is not about ratings, it is about an opportunity for a recruit to see behind the curtain of Razorback football and see the quirkiness of CBB at home with his parents.  All recruits have to be dubious when on visits, you see the flash and the luster.  This shows the man that parents will entrust their son to for fiveish years. If the ratings are low, wonderful, I just want the 25 we are signing this year and the 26 we are signing next year to watch it and feel great about their choice to come to Arkansas.

To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

hei5manhog

If any recruit is remotely interested in UA, they will find this show on the internet and check out CBB. Whether it originally aired on ESPNU or youtube doesn't really matter. They can find it now. It's something very few coaches have to offer actually. When the money is basically the same, little things like this can make a difference when you don't have recent national titles to point to.
"If I can't practice, I can't practice. It is as simple as that. It ain't about that at all. It's easy to sum it up if you're just talking about practice. We're sitting here, and I'm supposed to be the franchise player, and we're talking about practice. I mean listen, we're sitting here talking about practice, not a game, not a game, not a game, but we're talking about practice. Not the game that I go out there and die for and play every game like it's my last but we're talking about practice man. How silly is that?

secfan30

secfan30

Shows how little you know. With my job I run into people from all over the nation. Just this week I've ran into some one for California, Michigan, and Florida, who watch the show. One of them has a son in the 10th grade getting interest from some SEC teams. But because some [CENSORED] on Hogville says it's a waste of time, I guess it is... Yet another example of why I stay away from this board.

Seebs

Quote from: secfan30 on September 18, 2016, 08:11:08 pm
Shows how little you know. With my job I run into people from all over the nation. Just this week I've ran into some one for California, Michigan, and Florida, who watch the show. One of them has a son in the 10th grade getting interest from some SEC teams. But because some [CENSORED] on Hogville says it's a waste of time, I guess it is... Yet another example of why I stay away from this board.

Wait ... you do not come to the board because of Hamsammich?  That is as unthinkable as coming TO the board to read Robert Shields.  Grow a pair.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

colbs

Quote from: HamSammich on September 03, 2016, 08:18:55 pm

No.

Im a razorback fan and have better things to do which include patrolling the neighborhood cleaning up random  dog poop. No one absolutely... nooooooo onnnneeee watches this but you guys.
I have seen people all over social media over the country and fans of other teams who watched it.  Nice try though(actually horrible try).

The_Boot_stops_here

Chevin Calloway says he has dvr'd and watched (and loved) every episode

Vantage 8 dude

No.

Im a razorback fan and have better things to do which include patrolling the neighborhood cleaning up random  dog poop. No one absolutely... nooooooo onnnneeee watches this but you guys.
BTW been meaning to "shout out" a major congratulations on your important assignment. Your neighborhood association has obviously entrusted you with a major responsibility for cleaning up something of which your well acquainted. :-X

Pork Twain

No.

You would be incorrect
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Richard Davenport

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on September 23, 2016, 07:16:13 am
Chevin Calloway says he has dvr'd and watched (and loved) every episode

He's a Bielema fan that's for sure.

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: Richard Davenport on September 23, 2016, 01:20:32 pm
He's a Bielema fan that's for sure.

I never did and still don't understand the commitment to Iowa then

OutlawHawg

Unfortunately Bret Bielema impacts our recruiting by sucking at it.

King Kong

Quote from: OutlawHawg on October 23, 2016, 11:15:25 am
Unfortunately Bret Bielema impacts our recruiting by sucking at it.

Bret Bielema himself is an excellent recruiter.