Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auburn is going down...

Started by Bogghawg, January 02, 2018, 10:48:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bogghawg

It was the prevailing opinion on this board before tonight that most would be pleased with a split on this opening road swing and that is what is going to happen.  These guys have got to have enough pride that they are going to come out with their hair on fire after the milquetoast effort tonight.  I completely agree that we got screwed over.  And I don't doubt that we committed most of the fouls they called.  It's the ones they didn't call on MSU plus the sketchy travelling and tie balls that got my goat. But I digress.  We still played with very little fire and grit and if we had, we would have won going away IN SPITE of the famous steaming pile of crap that is SEC road refs.  That fire and determination will be present Saturday.  This team is too good to not be ashamed of their effort tonight.  We will win by double digits Saturday.
Never Attempt To Teach a Pig To Sing; It Wastes Your Time and Annoys the Pig

010HogFan

I wouldn't bet on it, still gonna watch though.

40MINSOFHELL

If we lose Saturday, then it might get bad on here.

Willyboy

Quote from: Bogghawg on January 02, 2018, 10:48:33 pm
It was the prevailing opinion on this board before tonight that most would be pleased with a split on this opening road swing and that is what is going to happen.  These guys have got to have enough pride that they are going to come out with their hair on fire after the milquetoast effort tonight.  I completely agree that we got screwed over.  And I don't doubt that we committed most of the fouls they called.  It's the ones they didn't call on MSU plus the sketchy travelling and tie balls that got my goat. But I digress.  We still played with very little fire and grit and if we had, we would have won going away IN SPITE of the famous steaming pile of crap that is SEC road refs.  That fire and determination will be present Saturday.  This team is too good to not be ashamed of their effort tonight.  We will win by double digits Saturday.

Some positivity is great and quite a contrast to all the negative nancy's that only post here when we lose. 

Letsroll1200

Hogcephus

I hope Auburn has a letdown after Pearl having an emotional game at Tenner.

Breems

Stats and signs are pointing to an L, and I'm a little concerned it could get ugly.

We've played pretty well at Auburn recently, though. Maybe Auburn's crowd and pace will play to our advantage. This team needs a lively environment to play at their best, unlike the graveyard that is Stankville.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

hogginbama

My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: Breems on January 02, 2018, 10:54:22 pm
Stats and signs are pointing to an L, and I'm a little concerned it could get ugly.

We've played pretty well at Auburn recently, though. Maybe Auburn's crowd and pace will play to our advantage. This team needs a lively environment to play at their best, unlike the graveyard that is Stankville.

I think things will work out... Auburn is not a 3-0 team.

Kayway2bHawgChamps

I decided long ago that the coach and players hate loses more than I do.
Auburn better watch out...

EastexHawg

Quote from: Breems on January 02, 2018, 10:54:22 pm

That gym didn't look like the home team was 12-1.  Wow, pathetic

checkraiser88

Breems

Quote from: EastexHawg on January 02, 2018, 10:57:30 pm
That gym didn't look like the home team was 12-1.  Wow, pathetic

To their credit, they probably know that 12-1 is a big scam.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

The Hogfather

Quote from: Bogghawg on January 02, 2018, 10:48:33 pm

Nope.  We're going to lose by 10+.  I said earlier I thought we'd lose this one and that Auburn is better than Auburn.  Afraid we're going 0-2 this week.

BassinHawg

I'm thinking Auburn by 20. Barely beating Tennessee in a sold out BWA and a road loss to MSU makes drinking the CMA Kool Aid tough until they can win on the road. RPI dropping fast after this week.
"It is what it is." has replaced "Yesssss Sirrrrr!!!!"

3kgthog

If our seniors want to continue to demand respect, perhaps they should wake up some of their teammates on the bench. Macon and Barford shouldn't have to both go Todd Day on teams every night for us to have a chance.

We've got a lot of empty jerseys just providing extra fouls right now. If that's the best we've got, some kid down at the HPER is getting screwed.

pigbacon

Letsroll1200

BroyledNutts

Quote from: BassinHawg on January 02, 2018, 11:01:34 pm
I'm thinking Auburn by 20. Barely beating Tennessee in a sold out BWA and a road loss to MSU makes drinking the CMA Kool Aid tough until they can win on the road. RPI dropping fast after this week.

After seeing how dead legged we were tonight, combined with almost no help from the bench, I'm afraid I'm with you on this one ... I think we get run out of the building.

Strange things have happened, though ... maybe they'll catch fire.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: BroyledNutts on January 02, 2018, 11:22:13 pm
After seeing how dead legged we were tonight, combined with almost no help from the bench, I'm afraid I'm with you on this one ... I think we get run out of the building.

Strange things have happened, though ... maybe they'll catch fire.

Auburn is flying high about the Tennessee game. Tennessee is the game Pearl wanted to win. Emotions have alot to do with it.

BroyledNutts

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on January 02, 2018, 11:28:29 pm
Auburn is flying high about the Tennessee game. Tennessee is the game Pearl wanted to win. Emotions have alot to do with it.

True, I'll give you that. I hope they're worn out and as dead legged Saturday as we were tonight - we need a make up win for the MSU loss. Splitting this week is really important for the long term picture...

010HogFan

Quote from: BroyledNutts on January 02, 2018, 11:42:19 pm
True, I'll give you that. I hope they're worn out and as dead legged Saturday as we were tonight - we need a make up win for the MSU loss. Splitting this week is really important for the long term picture...

Probably dead legged partly because we spent all weekend partying on Dickson (from what I heard)

BroyledNutts

Quote from: 010HogFan on January 02, 2018, 11:46:06 pm
Probably dead legged partly because we spent all weekend partying on Dickson (from what I heard)

Well, if true, that seems par for the course and not surprising ...