Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SEC Now

Started by Lady Razorback, October 08, 2017, 10:38:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Razorback

Just heard Booger McFarland saying there is need for concern in Fayetteville.  That Bielema was not getting it done.  That is embarassing.   

my3boneheads

It's on CBS Sports also.

Redhogs

Quote from: Lady Razorback on October 08, 2017, 10:38:13 am
Just heard Booger McFarland saying there is need for concern in Fayetteville.  That Bielema was not getting it done.  That is embarassing.
Duhhh....
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

TheEnemy

Quote from: Lady Razorback on October 08, 2017, 10:38:13 am

Boardon Hamsay

This is live, local, and late-breaking news. Fcj and Guv should be working on the banners for the auburn game as we speak.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

WorfHog

If Booger is saying it then it must be true.

Ex-Trumpet

It's insight like this that gives me faith in the main stream media...
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Lady Razorback

Yeah, I know this is not "breaking news" for us, but my point was really that this opinion has now spread so far and is being repeated at national level.  This is damaging to our program on so many levels. 

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Lady Razorback on October 08, 2017, 11:18:30 am
Yeah, I know this is not "breaking news" for us, but my point was really that this opinion has now spread so far and is being repeated at national level.  This is damaging to our program on so many levels. 

Yeah, it's sad.  And, I will probably spend more time away from family as I will golf, fish, and hunt more on Saturdays for the remainder of the year!
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Lady Razorback

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on October 08, 2017, 11:22:05 am
Yeah, it's sad.  And, I will probably spend more time away from family as I will golf, fish, and hunt more on Saturdays for the remainder of the year!

I understand this completely.  Ready to move on to my other interests on Saturdays.  And wait for basketball and baseball.

Buff

Booger is a genius, just late to the party.

Tusks

Did these guys just notice that the hogs are in the SEC.  It's been this way for 5 years.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

The NewEra

Quote from: tusked on October 08, 2017, 11:30:47 am
Did these guys just notice that the hogs are in the SEC.  It's been this way for 5 years.

Bielema is well liked in the media circles.  Things are so bad at Arkansas now that even his friends know they can no longer defend what is Razorback Football under Bielema.  There comes a point in time when your results outweigh any good will you have built up.  That's now the case with sports media regarding Bret.

RebHog

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on October 08, 2017, 11:22:05 am

I will unfortunately watch every minute of this dumpster fire and wallow in sorrow. As much as I want to walk away at this point I cant help myself :(

Tusks

Quote from: The NewEra on October 08, 2017, 11:36:21 am
Bielema is well liked in the media circles.  Things are so bad at Arkansas now that even his friends know they can no longer defend what is Razorback Football under Bielema.  There comes a point in time when your results outweigh any good will you have built up.  That's now the case with sports media regarding Bret.

This isn't a knock on you but I don't get the 'JL is respected by the media so the UA must keep him' or the 'BB is respected but he media, the UA must keep him'

I really don't care what ANYONE other than hog fans think of the UA.  If the coach is winning and not committing NCAA or FBI violations, then who gives a rip what others think.

This need to be loved doesn't do ANYTHING for the UA.  It doesn't help with wins or money or attendance or anything.

F' the outside world and win.

hawgmasta

Quote from: The NewEra on October 08, 2017, 11:36:21 am

The radio guys here in Nashville love Bielema and always talked about how he was slowly building it the right way. Now, they have noticed he's not gonna get it done. CBB is so popular with the media it is pretty telling when they turn on him.

Lady Razorback

Quote from: hawgmasta on October 08, 2017, 11:45:09 am
The radio guys here in Nashville love Bielema and always talked about how he was slowly building it the right way. Now, they have noticed he's not gonna get it done. CBB is so popular with the media it is pretty telling when they turn on him.

Exactly.

The NewEra

Quote from: tusked on October 08, 2017, 11:43:08 am
This isn't a knock on you but I don't get the 'JL is respected by the media so the UA must keep him' or the 'BB is respected but he media, the UA must keep him'

I really don't care what ANYONE other than hog fans think of the UA.  If the coach is winning and not committing NCAA or FBI violations, then who gives a rip what others think.

This need to be loved doesn't do ANYTHING for the UA.  It doesn't help with wins or money or attendance or anything.

I understand what you are saying, but I think you misunderstood me, or I didn't explain myself effectively.  BB won respect because of his record at Wisconsin and by the way he engaged the media warmly.  That gained him some cover from them for a while as they actually believed he would be successful at Arkansas.  Over time the end result on the field has changed their opinion of him as a football coach and their personal opinion of him is no longer affecting their commentary.  Since they are the media and what they say many people take as the gospel, what they say does matter as to how the program is perceived.  Agreed that what you and I see shouldn't be influenced one way or another by their commentary or feelings. 

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: RebHog on October 08, 2017, 11:41:30 am
I will unfortunately watch every minute of this dumpster fire and wallow in sorrow. As much as I want to walk away at this point I cant help myself :(

Yeah, when it comes down to it I will too.  It's like a wreck on the side of the road...you can't help but look.

Lady Razorback

Quote from: tusked on October 08, 2017, 11:43:08 am

Completely agree with the win!  But the outside world includes pollsters, recruits and their families.  I don't think we want negative press about our program, and certainly not in the tone they are taking now. 

Lady Razorback

Quote from: The NewEra on October 08, 2017, 11:50:53 am
I understand what you are saying, but I think you misunderstood me, or I didn't explain myself effectively.  BB won respect because of his record at Wisconsin and by the way he engaged the media warmly.  That gained him some cover from them for a while as they actually believed he would be successful at Arkansas.  Over time the end result on the field has changed their opinion of him as a football coach and their personal opinion of him is no longer affecting their commentary.  Since they are the media and what they say many people take as the gospel, what they say does matter as to how the program is perceived.  Agreed that what you and I see shouldn't be influenced one way or another by their commentary or feelings.

Yes, completely agree. 

Tusks

Quote from: Lady Razorback on October 08, 2017, 11:51:05 am
Completely agree with the win!  But the outside world includes pollsters, recruits and their families.  I don't think we want negative press about our program, and certainly not in the tone they are taking now. 

But if you're winning then you have recruited well, right?  If you're winning how is polling going to help you?  You're winning you'll be ranked.

How is being a losing program not by FAR the worst negative press one can have?

If you're not cheating the NCAA or FBI or allowing an Art Briles environment then who cares what everyone else thinks.

Saban is a complete [CENSORED] but everyone puts up with him because he wins.  Meyer is a complete [CENSORED] but everyone puts up with them because he wins.

I'm not saying you HAVE to have this to win, but most great coaches aren't touchy feely guys, they are results oriented guys and you either go with them or go home.  It's the fricken nature of football.

Lady Razorback

Quote from: tusked on October 08, 2017, 12:13:40 pm
But if you're winning then you have recruited well, right?  If you're winning how is polling going to help you?  You're winning you'll be ranked.

How is being a losing program not by FAR the worst negative press one can have?

If you're not cheating the NCAA or FBI or allowing an Art Briles environment then who cares what everyone else thinks.

Saban is a complete [CENSORED] but everyone puts up with him because he wins.  Meyer is a complete [CENSORED] but everyone puts up with them because he wins.

I'm not saying you HAVE to have this to win, but most great coaches aren't touchy feely guys, they are results oriented guys and you either go with them or go home.  It's the fricken nature of football.

I'm not arguing with you at all.  I agree that I want a winning program very much.  However, today, due to the current state of our program we are not helped at all by negative press.  It pains me to see what our program has become-the laughingstock of college football.  That does matter NOW.  Back when we were winning program under any coach,  I too did not care at all what the press said about us.  The proof is in the pudding, so to speak.  Winning or losing, I want the respect of press because as a program starts back up with a new coach, you don't want outsiders, which include recruits and their families, to only have a negative view. 

That's all I am saying.