Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Angry, but the honest evaluation

Started by hogsgolfpro, September 23, 2017, 03:11:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogsgolfpro

Is that this team should have won by 17+ today. The offense, overall, was dynamic with creative play calling. A couple big drops by TE's but also some good catches. We got lucky on the long run by A&M QB called dead and our defense gave up horrid plays of 40+ (4-5 of them?)...CBB is absolutely to blame by his sissy play calling to end first half and that pooch kick at the nlend that gave up great field position. Players played hard and mostly solid. D Williams is our best overall back, but CBB set them up to lose.

007 License To Squeal

It should have ended at the end of regulation......Aggies win by 4
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

HogNiner12

Quote from: hogsgolfpro on September 23, 2017, 03:11:43 pm
Is that this team should have won by 17+ today. The offense, overall, was dynamic with creative play calling. A couple big drops by TE's but also some good catches. We got lucky on the long run by A&M QB called dead and our defense gave up horrid plays of 40+ (4-5 of them?)...CBB is absolutely to blame by his sissy play calling to end first half and that pooch kick at the nlend that gave up great field position. Players played hard and mostly solid. D Williams is our best overall back, but CBB set them up to lose.
I really wish people would quit with the should have beens, we lost, 5 straight matter of fact. A change in something needs to be made somewhere.....period

Dominicanhog

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on September 23, 2017, 03:13:24 pm
It should have ended at the end of regulation......Aggies win by 4

Looks to me as though the refs tried to even it out in the 2nd half... saw numerous missed holding calls, hands to the face and a blatant off sides that wasn't called....  seemed the refs were trying to do a makeup... not that that was the reason we lost, but the 2nd half was a piss poor job and one sided.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: HogNiner12 on September 23, 2017, 03:15:32 pm
I really wish people would quit with the should have beens, we lost, 5 straight matter of fact. A change in something needs to be made somewhere.....period

Agree.  As if A$M didn't make their own mistakes.  It goes both ways.

We lost because they were better.  Even with all the freshmen they played.  Talent was the difference.  We aren't close.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

LRHawg

This one hurts worse losing the way we did. Would rather we have just gotten blown out.

Redhogs

Quote from: LRHawg on September 23, 2017, 03:20:39 pm
This one hurts worse losing the way we did. Would rather we have just gotten blown out.
Don't worry..that's coming..
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

zebradynasty

Overall a much better performance than against TCU. BUT we make too many mistakes both on the field and in coaching. Been 5 years and nearly every year BB team start off slow. I see nothing that we are doing that should take so long for the players to grasp. At least this game we appeared ready to play for the first time this season!

RazorbackAlways

johnny cash

orvillesghost

The only positive thing I can find is that the players gave a huge effort, by far their best of the year so far.

Frustrating to say but A & M still has better talent than we do

Time to make a change regardless

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: HogNiner12 on September 23, 2017, 03:15:32 pm

Actually it's 6 straight to the aggs...5 for Beliema.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

DoctorSusscrofa

Don't watch any more games and send any tickets to BB.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

TheRazorback500

We had chances to extend the lead to 28-7 and then 28-10 in the first half. Wasted offensive opportunities killed us again.
Do you wanna get Rocked?

hogpc

Quote from: Dominicanhog on September 23, 2017, 03:17:30 pm
Looks to me as though the refs tried to even it out in the 2nd half... saw numerous missed holding calls, hands to the face and a blatant off sides that wasn't called....  seemed the refs were trying to do a makeup... not that that was the reason we lost, but the 2nd half was a piss poor job and one sided.
Just stop it! Are you seriously complaining about the refs after this game?!

East Clintwood

Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

respirback

hogsgolfpro

All I know is that if we don't beat USCe and Ole Miss, you can kiss 6 wins goodbye..assuming we beat 2 cupcakes and Mizzou

jgphillips3

Hoggie17

Jimbob111

It's quite telling that the players with the least Beliema staff coaching, grad transfer, true freshmen, and JUCO transfers, are the best players.
"DO NOT POST IN THE GAME THREAD ANYMORE TODAY OR YOU WILL RECIEVE A 30 BAN!"--

Multiple play-by-play posters followed by "Good job, D" and "Way to go, Offense" is so interesting to read over and over as the team gets blown out and the coaches flounder. I can't figure out why game threads don't have 60 to 80 pages now.

Am I the only one that misses the old, interesting game threads?

DallasHogFan

I disagree with the "dynamic play calling." I think enos got cute pretty much the entire first half. We seemed to be able to line up in the I and run for 4/5 yards at will. Then we'd go shot gun incomplete 3 yard out on 1st downs. BB said "we'll line up with a full back and kick your Ass." Is like to see that more..... a whole lot more. Oh... and don't kick the football to Christian Freakin Kirk over and over. That would be cool too.
Let me tell you what Melba Toast is packin' right here, all right. We got 4:11 Positrac outback, 750 double pumper, Edelbrock intake, bored over 30, 11 to 1 pop-up pistons, turbo-jet 390 horsepower. We're talkin' some "Hogville Censored" muscle. -Wooderson

Pigsfeat

Quote from: zebradynasty on September 23, 2017, 03:25:00 pm
Overall a much better performance than against TCU. BUT we make too many mistakes both on the field and in coaching. Been 5 years and nearly every year BB team start off slow. I see nothing that we are doing that should take so long for the players to grasp. At least this game we appeared ready to play for the first time this season!
BB teams always start out slow because they are always out of shape. In lifting shape but not running shape. He might have been able to get away with this in the B10 because they play so many cupcakes but every year it takes our players 3-4 games to get in enough running shape to compete. JMO
"You don't eat mayonnaise to be healthy!"
E. Neal

MemphisBossHog

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on September 23, 2017, 03:17:54 pm

We lost because they were better.  Even with all the freshmen they played.  Talent was the difference.  We aren't close.
thats it in a nutshell.  Talent kept them in the game and talent won them the game. Keith Ford ran in a TD from like 25-30 yards. Mond had a 79 yard run.  Kirk did what he did.  Their defense loaded up and was stronger and faster than our bad offensive line and they sacked Allen 6 times and forced him into many many mistakes that cause him to get up and pout.

The coach at ARK is either going to have to upgrade the talent level of the overall roster OR he is going to have to be an innovator who is creative and does something different because right now BB wants to be Bama and play like Bama but he has talent equivalent to Bama's 3rd and 4th strings.  It aint working.  Talent and recruiting are the life blood of any program and Ark just doesnt have as much as most other SEC schools.  The proof is in the recruiting rankings.  It points to mediocrity in Fayetteville.

Hoggish1

1. Is that this team should have won by 17+ today.

2. The offense, overall, was dynamic with creative play calling.

3. A couple big drops by TE's but also some good catches.

4.We got lucky on the long run by A&M QB called dead and our defense gave up horrid plays of 40+ (4-5 of them?)...

5. CBB is absolutely to blame by his sissy play calling to end first half

6. and that pooch kick at the nlend that gave up great field position.

7.Players played hard and mostly solid. D Williams is our best overall back,

8.but CBB set them up to lose.

1. True

2. True

3. True

4. True

5. True, but the play calling when Allen got picked was worse

6. It was a good call, we just didn't tackle that big Aggie slime ball who waddled to the 50

7. True, but Hayden is as good or better.  Hayden and Williams need to 1a and 1b

8. Wrong.  See No. 4

Wichihog

I felt like that way against Fl A&M. We do not have the talent or speed.

Iwastherein1969

Name one team in the SEC that we will be favored to beat ?  Maybe Mizzou, maybe.  We are the worst team in the SEC and it's really not that close. We have a 5th year senior starting at QB and Aggie starts a freshman.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Well, I just can't see how things are really going to get better.  This is coach BB's 5th year, & we have lost 4 out of the last 5 games we have played.  Don't believe most fans see that as improvement.
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

farmhawg

Quote from: Dominicanhog on September 23, 2017, 03:17:30 pm
We lost due to Brett, nothing else.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

You folks can talk talent all you wish but we were facing freshmen on offense today.  Let that soak in, freshmen.  And some of those were not starting the first game of the season.    we can always use better talent but right now we are in emergency mode for some decent coaching.  BB is and always has been holding this team back all 4+ years.  When your best players are the ones with the least exposure to this coaching staff, that should tell you where the problem is.

hawgXi

Quote from: Jimbob111 on September 23, 2017, 03:43:12 pm
It's quite telling that the players with the least Beliema staff coaching, grad transfer, true freshmen, and JUCO transfers, are the best players.

Good point

nchogg

Offensive line was pretty bad for the most part. AA running for his life, getting sacked, not enough solid blocking, receivers not on route and sometimes dropping the ball and the special teams play on KO sealed it for A&M. Very disappointed.

HiggiePiggy

The refs even helped us in this game and we still couldn't capitalize. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

bondhue

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on September 23, 2017, 03:33:05 pm
Don't watch any more games and send any tickets to BB.
Am I imagining things or has your tune changed from what it was before the game?
That's a pretty girl.  I caught her twice.  12.5 pounds.  I hope she's still alive.

Dr Carl aka Shorthog

IMO we are a better team, especially offensively. We gave up too many big yardage plays. A real coach would have won by two touchdowns.

atom hog

Someone needs to coach the TEs on where the end line is. Two games in a row where TD opportunities were squandered by poor football IQ and awareness.

Athog

Now that is close to the truth!!

Jek Tono Porkins

Just got back home from the game.

Offensive line looked atrocious. Clary shouldn't be starting at guard, there were numerous times where he just got ragdolled. They gave up big penetration on running plays and AA was sacked numerous times.

Meanwhile, the Defensive line could not get pressure on Mond to save their life. There were multiple times where he just had all day to throw. A lot of those throws ended up being overthrown but that's a problem that is going to bite our ass in the future.

9 penalties. 9 of them. Isn't this supposed to be hard-nosed, disciplined football? The new guy at RT, Ramirez, at one point had a false start and followed it up the next play with a holding call. With this offense those penalties are absolute drive killers.

Year 5 and CBB still hasn't figured out that special teams are often times the difference between a win and a loss. If it wasn't for Dan Skipper I would say Arkansas has had the worst special teams in college football over the past few years. Even with Skipper and his blocked field goals we're still probably one of the worst.
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

kiddhog

when we got any lead , offense played ultra conservative .  Run - run - pass on 3rd and long . we never took advantage when we had the lead .  i was almost pulling for us to have to score at last minute ( to force offense ) to be forced to score . i just think CBB overall conservative (entire game plan) continues to cost us wins.

atom hog

Quote from: Jek Tono Porkins on September 23, 2017, 06:38:36 pm
Just got back home from the game.

Offensive line looked atrocious. Clary shouldn't be starting at guard, there were numerous times where he just got ragdolled. They gave up big penetration on running plays and AA was sacked numerous times.

Meanwhile, the Defensive line could not get pressure on Mond to save their life. There were multiple times where he just had all day to throw. A lot of those throws ended up being overthrown but that's a problem that is going to bite our ass in the future.

9 penalties. 9 of them. Isn't this supposed to be hard-nosed, disciplined football? The new guy at RT, Ramirez, at one point had a false start and followed it up the next play with a holding call. With this offense those penalties are absolute drive killers.

Year 5 and CBB still hasn't figured out that special teams are often times the difference between a win and a loss. If it wasn't for Dan Skipper I would say Arkansas has had the worst special teams in college football over the past few years. Even with Skipper and his blocked field goals we're still probably one of the worst.

Yeah, but didn't Skipper cost us one or two aTm games with undisciplined penalties -- I believe one was a tripping penalty. (My memory isn't great because I am trying to forget this pitiful era if Hog football). Comes down to lack of discipline, lack of fundamentals and ultimately, lack of coaching. Same story year after year....now we get to his this year's Toledo game. Is it actually posible we will get rolled by Aggies two weeks in a row?

farmhawg

Quote from: Hoggish1 on September 23, 2017, 04:06:03 pm
1. True

2. True

3. True

4. True

5. True, but the play calling when Allen got picked was worse

6. It was a good call, we just didn't tackle that big Aggie slime ball who waddled to the 50

7. True, but Hayden is as good or better.  Hayden and Williams need to 1a and 1b

8. Wrong.  See No. 4
Yep, never Brett's fault. Pitiful.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!