Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I'm a CBB fan...

Started by PorkRinds, September 23, 2017, 03:03:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hog911

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 23, 2017, 03:20:11 pm
Well, you're entitled to your own opinion. His coaching has nothing to do with his size.
Actually it does! Do you think he's got the energy or stamina, which effect intusiamium  to convince a 18 year old kid to come to Arkansas? I seriously doubt it!

PorkRinds

Quote from: Wildhog on September 23, 2017, 03:46:49 pm
Man, this one was tough.  There's a kitchen sink getting picked up off the field somewhere, because we threw everything at them. 

Bottom line is there's just no way for a Bret Bielema coached team to win many games without a competent offensive line.  And we don't have one.  That, and special teams always seems to cost us.

Indeed.

Wildhog

Quote from: JOKERHOG on September 23, 2017, 03:47:23 pm
Correct, He has recruited on the same level as other AR coaches and done much less with the same level of talent

There's either a problem with our OL evaluations or our OL development.  Or both.  But something is amiss there.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

The players deserve more than what theyve gotten. We have guys who were offered by bama, florida state, etc and they chose Arkansas over bigger names. They chose to dedicate 4 years of their lives to Arkansas. How have they been rewarded? One 8-4 season smh
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

JOKERHOG

Quote from: hog911 on September 23, 2017, 03:48:24 pm
Actually it does! Do you think he's got the energy or stamina, which effect intusiamium  to convince a 18 year old kid to come to Arkansas? I seriously doubt it!

He would make a great cartoon character
BRINGING BALANCE AND PERSPECTIVE TO HOGVILLE

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

5 most hated: 1Auburn 2Auburn 3Auburn 4A&M 5OU

Razorbacks#1

Those Dallas Cowboys Retro/Bio uniforms worked well. Good job UA! At some point, you will give me a win. Please, just a win a week.
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

thebignasty

Quote from: Wildhog on September 23, 2017, 03:48:54 pm
There's either a problem with our OL evaluations or our OL development.  Or both.  But something is amiss there.

It's the worst it has ever been here.

With a guy who puts em' on the cover of the program.

Baffling.  Unacceptable.

PorkRinds

Both evidently.

HamSammich

Quote from: JOKERHOG on September 23, 2017, 03:47:23 pm
Correct, He has recruited on the same level as other AR coaches and done much less with the same level of talent

I didn't get the memo. We already finished blaming Pittman and all the other assistants here?

Wildhog

Really wish the comments on his appearance would stop.  There are very real reasons that Bielema is failing, and the classlessness just distracts from them.
1909/1964/1965/1977

JOKERHOG

Quote from: HamSammich on September 23, 2017, 03:51:52 pm
I didn't get the memo. We already finished blaming Pittman and all the other assistants here?

Anderson was a horrible replacement compared to Pittman but who hired him?

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

hawgdavis

Man, this one was tough.  There's a kitchen sink getting picked up off the field somewhere, because we threw everything at them. 

Bottom line is there's just no way for a Bret Bielema coached team to win many games without a competent offensive line.  And we don't have one.  That, and special teams always seems to cost us.

Well what I don't understand is why a guy with his OL reputation can't seem to get any just decent o linemen to come here and play. I think we have done a decent job in other areas, there is talent on this team everywhere but 2 places OL and LB. I just don't get it.

Wildhog

Quote from: hawgdavis on September 23, 2017, 03:53:47 pm
Well what I don't understand is why a guy with his OL reputation can't seem to get any just decent o linemen to come here and play. I think we have done a decent job in other areas, there is talent on this team everywhere but 2 places OL and LB. I just don't get it.

Assistants do 99% of the recruiting.  Look to the OL coach.

But yes, Bret should be held accountable for his hires.
1909/1964/1965/1977

East Clintwood

Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

JOKERHOG

Quote from: Wildhog on September 23, 2017, 03:54:09 pm
Assistants do 99% of the recruiting.  Look to the OL coach.

THe Pittman OL's were way better than Anderson's

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

I want to know whats going on with brian wallace. The true freshman was getting destroyed in there. They moved gibson to guard and ramirez to tackle, same result. Why are they so against playing wallace? If he did something wrong just say it and stop lying. It makes your decision making look questionable
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

JOKERHOG

hawgmasta

Quote from: thebignasty on September 23, 2017, 03:50:32 pm
It's the worst it has ever been here.

With a guy who puts em' on the cover of the program.

Baffling.  Unacceptable.

It's mind boggling, it's his bread and butter and according to offer sheets we have a bit of great talent on the hill; all those schools couldn't have been wrong.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Wildhog on September 23, 2017, 03:53:06 pm
Really wish the comments on his appearance would stop.  There are very real reasons that Bielema is failing, and the classlessness just distracts from them.

Exactly.

HamSammich

Quote from: JOKERHOG on September 23, 2017, 03:53:30 pm
Anderson was a horrible replacement compared to Pittman but who hired him?

Cbb hired them.  And hogville bought the scapegoats. I cried.

Wildhog

Quote from: HamSammich on September 23, 2017, 03:58:03 pm
Cbb hired them.  And hogville bought the scapegoats. I cried.

It was a very underwhelming hire at the time.  The SEC isn't the place to learn on the job.  Especially when you're replacing Sam Pittman.
1909/1964/1965/1977

ricepig

Quote from: Wildhog on September 23, 2017, 03:53:06 pm

Correct, lots of fat guys are successful! Honestly, it seems childish and automatically takes away any credence to their post. I don't think he's a big X and O's guy, but it's his program, so the axe will fall on his head at the appropriate time. I hate it because I like his style vs the prairie dog system, but he doesn't have the OL or OL coach to be successful here.

HawgWild

When Barry Foster realized he wasn't an NFL running back quality any more he returned his $300,0000 signing bonus to the Cincinnati Bengals and walked away.

hawgdavis

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on September 23, 2017, 03:54:55 pm
I want to know whats going on with brian wallace. The true freshman was getting destroyed in there. They moved gibson to guard and ramirez to tackle, same result. Why are they so against playing wallace? If he did something wrong just say it and stop lying. It makes your decision making look questionable

Apparently BB has a nasty doghouse that's impossible to escape. I think TJ is in it somewhat as well for some reason and Martin is too, I don't believe it's truly a hamstring issue.

ThisTeetsTaken

Bielema was apparently crying at the podium.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

PorkRinds

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on September 23, 2017, 04:01:33 pm

Oh god help us. The memes will be here within an hour.

JOKERHOG

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on September 23, 2017, 04:01:33 pm

With getting paid a lifetime of salary for not working running thru his mind

hawgon

He is embarrassingly fat.  He wore a pajama top today for goodness sakes.  It looked like he woke up and realized nothing fit anymore and sent a GA down to Walmarks and that was all they had.

Wildhog

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 23, 2017, 04:03:21 pm

This is going to get ugly.
1909/1964/1965/1977

hawgmasta

Quote from: Wildhog on September 23, 2017, 04:04:32 pm
This is going to get ugly.

Meme time. That's true immortality.

PorkRinds

Quote from: hawgon on September 23, 2017, 04:04:01 pm
He is embarrassingly fat.  He wore a pajama top today for goodness sakes.  It looked like he woke up and realized nothing fit anymore and sent a GA down to Walmarks and that was all they had.

In the real world most of us call that a sweatshirt. You're smart enough to make good points.  Not sure why you can't just stick to those

gangstaback

1. Ineffective O-line.
2. Distracted special teams.
3. Slow secondary.
4. Moody QB.

That's a lot of issues to have in year 5.

hawgon

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 23, 2017, 03:08:26 pm
It's so frustrating to see us on the cusp of winning the game and give it away every time. Can't keep a lead. Can't come from behind. Can't get an offensice tackle to save our lives.  I'm just done. Eating crow. I was wrong. This sucks.

Bless you son...

PRJ

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 23, 2017, 04:06:23 pm
In the real world most of us call that a sweatshirt. You're smart enough to make good points.  Not sure why you can't just stick to those

In the real world it's actually a tent.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

HamSammich

I'm not an apologist AT ALL. Most of you would call me haters. CBB fat jokes are old though. I have commented about his sideline clothing before only because I wish he would wear a suit or polo or something.

hawgon

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 23, 2017, 04:06:23 pm

Sure it wasn't a pup tent?  Yeah, I know it was a sweatshirt and looked like one you get at Walmarks.  I kept halfway expecting to see meth pipe scorch marks on it.

Wildhog

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on September 23, 2017, 04:08:16 pm
In the real world it's actually a tent.

I feel bad now.  That was hilarious.
1909/1964/1965/1977

ThisGuy

I think whoever the next coach is whenever they come is going to be able to come in and compete because I truly feel we have talent at most positions on the field

HamSammich

Quote from: ThisGuy on September 23, 2017, 04:10:00 pm
I think whoever the next coach is whenever they come is going to be able to come in and compete because I truly feel we have talent at most positions on the field

I agree. This is ford Nutt all over again.

Razorbacks#1

Quote from: hawgon on September 23, 2017, 04:04:01 pm
FAKE NEWS!
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

ronmahony

TCU is handing it Oklahoma State right now, if it wasn't for the game we just blew I would say it might not be so bad. But I saw the UCLA-ATM game I know they are bad. I am like you, when I first heard CBB was coming here I couldn't believe we're lucky enough to have two great coaches fall into our lap. But now I believe Alvarez had a lot to do with Wisconsins success back then. I really wanted him to do good here. I still feel like a lot of the offensive blunders are on Enid but it all falls on CBB, time for a change. I still cuss Petrino every day, and Long, I believe there were a lot of ways he could have handled that without firing Bobby. Just weren't any that would have made Long look as good. Where would we be by now with Petrino?
"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.
     Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.

And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.

JOKERHOG

Pig Worshipper

Quote from: MountieDawg on September 23, 2017, 03:13:28 pm
You have to admit he is starting to make Charlie Weiss look small.
He looks like he could eat Charlie Weiss for breakfast.

Come to think of it...I haven't seen Charlie Weiss in a while.

hehawg

Quote from: Bebop on September 23, 2017, 03:21:19 pm
I hate when people start threads with "I hope we win but...".

We don't need Johnny come lately anti-BB bandwagon guys jumping on showing their lack of support for Bielema.

Prophets like me having been claiming that he wasn't going to work out for quite some time. We could tell through our football acumen when others refused to believe. We wanted to be wrong for the sake of the Hogs but, alas, we were right.

Since I am a forgiving guy, I don't mind if your ilk wants to join to our ever growing wagon that is beating the drum for Bielema's replacement.

Joking aside, I know it sucks that he isnt working out and I wished it would have changed, but I am glad you are coming around.

Prophet??  Get over yourself
#LEFTLANE
#HAMMERDOWN!

ThisGuy

Quote from: HamSammich on September 23, 2017, 04:10:52 pm

I agree. This is ford Nutt all over again.

I was born in 94 don't know much about that situation LOL

VictoryRedChevy

I'm with you.

I rarely complain. Especially, not on here.

I hate to actively want the current head coach and staff gone, but that's where I am now. This one has been exhausted.

livevanguy

Quote from: hobhog on September 23, 2017, 03:11:54 pm
I don't think there are many supporters left after today's fiasco. But nothing will happen for a couple of lame duck years....
I hate to agree on the lame duck years, but you are probably closer to the truth on this. The BB era is going to come down to the economics of the game for us. His buyout is too high and as long as fans continue to buy enough tickets to cover the cost of a stadium expansion AND keep football in the green this situation will not change. It's not going to come from AD Long-BB is his meal ticket as long as he is there and the fans pay for tickets. Maybe a few donors will cough up the $$ for the buyout, but I just don't see enough frustration from them (or the BOT). We can complain all we want on Hogville, but until the fans stop paying for seats (which how many of us have pre-paid for season tickets) it's going to take a lot to change this situation.

This is just a sucky situation to be in. I'll admit, I'm a fan of BB. Off the field, he truly is a wonderful and giving person to the community and has been a positive representative (in most cases) to the University. Yet, the end of last season and the start of this one is making me shift my opinion. He has too much red in his on-the-field ledger to make up for his off-the-field actions. He has had 5 years to take his shot and unfortunately failed. Its time to move on, but the U of A probably won't listen to the fans unless we commit to making it a financial issue for them. Maybe a few games with empty stands will make the point to the right members of the BOT to clean house.
Call'n the hogs from the Pacific Northwest

thebignasty

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 23, 2017, 04:03:21 pm

I will require more booze to prepare my body.

HamSammich

Quote from: ThisGuy on September 23, 2017, 04:18:43 pm
I was born in 94 don't know much about that situation LOL
ford was run out of town but quietly recruited NFL Type players that built nutts resume his first two years. Ford built up our program more than people realized as I think cbb has as well. I want cbb to coach next year for two reasons. 1) I don't want long selecting our new coach 2) no more allens, he will be rolling with his guys.