Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My early game predictions...

Started by Michael_E_Davis, July 17, 2017, 10:43:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael_E_Davis

1. Florida A&M - *Win*  (Stat Game)
2. TCU - *Loss*  (Patterson is pissed about last years loss.  He is going to stick it to us.)
3. Texas A&M *Loss*  (Because we never beat Texas A&M)
4. NM State -  *Win*  (Stat Game)
5. South Carolina - *Win*  (They still haven't really got their problem all together yet.)
6. Alabama - *Loss*  (Obviously)
7. Auburn -  *Loss*  (I expect Auburn to be ridiculous this year, and make a run for the West.)
8. Ole Miss -  *Loss*  (They are sick of losing to us,  and finally get a win.)
9. Coastal - *Win*  (Stat Game)
10. LSU - *Loss*  (I think they will be fired up and ready to prove something with their new coach.)
11. MS. State - *Win*  (Just because I think we are going to.)
12. Missouri -  *Win*   (We seem to go back and forth with Missouri.  I think this is our year to beat them.

So,  I am predicting 6-6  Overall,  and 3-5 in the SEC.  I am not trying to be negative, I just think it will be a tough year.  What does everyone else predict?
"I struggled through many problems in my life, most of which never happened." -Unknown

widespreadsooie

W's: FL A&M, TCU, NMSU, OM, CC, MS ST, MIZ
L's: A&M, SC, Bama, AUB, LSU

7-5 (3-5)

Dwillhog66

Gonzo

Quote from: Michael_E_Davis on July 17, 2017, 10:43:08 pm
1. Florida A&M - *Win*  (Stat Game)
2. TCU - *Loss*  (Patterson is pissed about last years loss.  He is going to stick it to us.)
3. Texas A&M *Loss*  (Because we never beat Texas A&M)
4. NM State -  *Win*  (Stat Game)
5. South Carolina - *Win*  (They still haven't really got their problem all together yet.)
6. Alabama - *Loss*  (Obviously)
7. Auburn -  *Loss*  (I expect Auburn to be ridiculous this year, and make a run for the West.)
8. Ole Miss -  *Loss*  (They are sick of losing to us,  and finally get a win.)
9. Coastal - *Win*  (Stat Game)
10. LSU - *Loss*  (I think they will be fired up and ready to prove something with their new coach.)
11. MS. State - *Win*  (Just because I think we are going to.)
12. Missouri -  *Win*   (We seem to go back and forth with Missouri.  I think this is our year to beat them.

So,  I am predicting 6-6  Overall,  and 3-5 in the SEC.  I am not trying to be negative, I just think it will be a tough year.  What does everyone else predict?

Not unreasonable, but I don't think I'd agree with your reasoning for TCU and A&M. Out of those two along with Auburn and Ole Miss, I think the Hogs manage 2 wins, perhaps 3. I'll go with 8-4 and an outside shot at 9-3. But my wagering record on sports clearly shows I have no idea what to expect, hah

Go Hogs!

HogRealism

Since Frank Broyles first year in 1958 of the 7 coaches at Arkansas who have coached 4+ years Coach B's first 4 years (25-26) rank him barely ahead of Danny Ford (22-23) for last place... In my humble opinion its his 5th year... time to see him finally hit 9 wins and score a strong bowl win or move on... If the U of A and its fans accept anything less it obviously shows expectations have fallen into mediocrity since I moved away 10 years ago

hogcard1964

1. Florida A&M - *Win*
2. TCU - *Win*
3. Texas A&M *Loss*
4. NM State -  *Win*
5. South Carolina - *Win*
6. Alabama - *Loss* 
7. Auburn -  *Loss* 
8. Ole Miss -  *Win*
9. Coastal - *Win* 
10. LSU - *Loss* 
11. MS. State - *Win*
12. Missouri -  *Loss*

7-5

Al Boarland

Quote from: hogcard1964 on July 18, 2017, 07:47:28 am
1. Florida A&M - *Win*
2. TCU - *Win*
3. Texas A&M *Loss*
4. NM State -  *Win*
6. Alabama - *Loss* 
7. Auburn -  *Loss* 
8. Ole Miss -  *Win*
9. Coastal - *Win* 
10. LSU - *Loss* 
11. MS. State - *Win*
12. Missouri -  *Loss*

7-5

I think you hit the number, but I would flip Miss St and MIZZOU. The Ole Miss game is concerning because we will most likely be coming off two pretty devastating losses.

goodguytex

I think a 9 win season is very attainable for this team. 4 big things will determine if we get 9.... How our defense plays in the new system. How our group of receivers come together and become reliable targets for Austin. How our Oline plays. If we see very real improvement and Austin gets some protection, that will help. If he's getting pounded constantly it's going to be a long year.

And how our running game performance... Can Whaley pick up where RW3 left off. And can Maleek Williams be a good, dependable backup. If those 4 things go in our favor, 8-9 wins can happen. Games I see the best chance of winning are Florida A&M, the Aggies, south Carolina, new Mexico state, coastal Carolina, Mississippi State, ole Miss, Missouri. And I'll throw in either auburn, LSU or TCU to get our 9th. 

hogcard1964

Quote from: Al Boarland on July 18, 2017, 07:51:38 am
I think you hit the number, but I would flip Miss St and MIZZOU. The Ole Miss game is concerning because we will most likely be coming off two pretty devastating losses.

The stretch of South Carolina, Alabama, Auburn and Ole Miss is crucial.  If we split those, our season is probably another wash.  If we go 1-3 it's lights out.  If we go 3-1, the sky's the limit.

Kevin

another year football season, another year of winning 7-8 games including bowl games.
welcome to the reality of razorback football
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Andrew Hogfan

1. Florida A&M - *Win*
2. TCU - *Win*
3. Texas A&M *Win*
4. NM State -  *Win*
6. Alabama - *Loss* 
7. Auburn -  *Win*
8. Ole Miss -  *Win*
9. Coastal - *Win* 
10. LSU - *Win*
11. MS. State - *Win*
12. Missouri -  *Win*

WPS!!!

Al Boarland

Quote from: goodguytex on July 18, 2017, 08:31:42 am
I think a 9 win season is very attainable for this team. 4 big things will determine if we get 9.... How our defense plays in the new system. How our group of receivers come together and become reliable targets for Austin. How our Oline plays. If we see very real improvement and Austin gets some protection, that will help. If he's getting pounded constantly it's going to be a long year.

And how our running game performance... Can Whaley pick up where RW3 left off. And can Maleek Williams be a good, dependable backup. If those 4 things go in our favor, 8-9 wins can happen. Games I see the best chance of winning are Florida A&M, the Aggies, south Carolina, new Mexico state, coastal Carolina, Mississippi State, ole Miss, Missouri. And I'll throw in either auburn, LSU or TCU to get our 9th.

I hear you, but is it realistic to expect all those things to fall into place?  Not sure about that. Even if it did it doesn't account for improvement for other programs.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Al Boarland on July 18, 2017, 10:46:59 am
I hear you, but is it realistic to expect all those things to fall into place?  Not sure about that. Even if it did it doesn't account for improvement for other programs.

Or to get worse. Auburn being a classic example. With their top 10 recruiting classes and advantage of being smack dab in the middle of prime recruiting country, with all of the talent that they have, how is it that they don't win at levels like Alabama? They won a NC in 2010, but the valleys and mountain tops the last 10 years are a little unexplainable.

2016    8   5      
2015    7   6      
2014    8   5      
2013   12   2      
2012    3   9      
2011    8   5      
2010   14   0      
2009    8   5      
2008    5   7      
2007    9   4
Go Hogs Go!

Bacons Rebellion

Explain why Ole Miss will beat us because "they are sick of losing to us," but at the same time A&M will beat us because "we never beat Texas A&M."

GuvHog

Quote from: Bacons Rebellion on July 18, 2017, 11:19:45 am
Explain why Ole Miss will beat us because "they are sick of losing to us," but at the same time A&M will beat us because "we never beat Texas A&M."

Ole Miss won't beat Arkansas because the Rebel football program is in shambles, under an intense NCAA investigation, and now they have a lawsuit hanging over their heads. Heck, Freeze might be gone before the season starts.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Großer Kriegschwein

There would have to be a serious change in attitude at Ole Miss for the athletic department to do a 180 and can him.

Maybe they will, but it looks like they'll make him get through this season before they pull the trigger. 
This is my non-signature signature.

Al Boarland

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on July 18, 2017, 11:11:18 am
Or to get worse. Auburn being a classic example. With their top 10 recruiting classes and advantage of being smack dab in the middle of prime recruiting country, with all of the talent that they have, how is it that they don't win at levels like Alabama? They won a NC in 2010, but the valleys and mountain tops the last 10 years are a little unexplainable.

2016    8   5      
2015    7   6      
2014    8   5      
2013   12   2      
2012    3   9      
2011    8   5      
2010   14   0      
2009    8   5      
2008    5   7      
2007    9   4

Auburn could suck this season. If you want to say that QB they picked up will suck you certainly can. However, it would go against what everyone else is saying which is usually a bad move. They still mudholed us with the other QB they have, so I'm not sure how they can be worse. From what I've seen the return a lot of players.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Al Boarland on July 18, 2017, 11:42:54 am
Auburn could suck this season. If you want to say that QB they picked up will suck you certainly can. However, it would go against what everyone else is saying which is usually a bad move. They still mudholed us with the other QB they have, so I'm not sure how they can be worse. From what I've seen the return a lot of players.

I'm not saying that at all. All I'm saying is that most of the time all we seem to take into consideration is that other teams are going to be getting better and that isn't how it always works out. We don't seem to consider (in all fairness) that we might be improved and others may not be improved. It is sometimes a case where someone has a positive attitude about our team and someone else always throws out there, "Yeah, but other teams are improving too, so don't get too excited". Who expected Auburn to win a NC and then digress to 8-5 and 3-9? That's all I'm saying. Other teams are going to get better and some are going to get worse and it is hard to tell when it is going to happen.
Go Hogs Go!

flippinhogmana

I am not saying I have any rational basis for it, but I am looking forward to this season.  I hope we surprise this year.  There seems to always be a surprise team in the SEC, might as well be us in  a good way this year.  A senior quarterback, a more experienced line doesn't hurt.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

hogcard1964

Quote from: Bacons Rebellion on July 18, 2017, 11:19:45 am

Ole Miss won't beat us for awhile.  That, right there is a "dumpster fire".

phadedhawg

1. Florida A&M - Easy win
2. TCU - Win
3. Texas A&M Win (we've been close so many times, it's bound to happen someday)
4. NM State - Win
5. South Carolina - toss up but I will go with a Win
6. Alabama - Loss
7. Auburn -  Loss   I expect they will hang another 50+ on us.  Fans will be livid after starting 5-0 and now have lost 2 straight
8. Ole Miss -  Win
9. Coastal - Win
10. LSU - Loss   LSU will look much better this year
11. MS. State - Loss  Misstake is often a tough game for us
12. Missouri -  Win.  Missouri should have our full attention after dropping the previous two

8-4, 4-4 SEC

That's what I come up with after looking at the schedule but 6-6 wouldn't surprise me

oldhawg

Quote from: flippinhogmana on July 18, 2017, 12:06:41 pm
I am not saying I have any rational basis for it, but I am looking forward to this season.  I hope we surprise this year.  There seems to always be a surprise team in the SEC, might as well be us in  a good way this year.  A senior quarterback, a more experienced line doesn't hurt.

Doesn't have to be anything rational about it.  This time of year I am always looking forward to a ten win season, January bowl game, and top twenty ranking.  Otherwise, why be a fan in July. 

Al Boarland

Quote from: phadedhawg on July 18, 2017, 12:10:17 pm
1. Florida A&M - Easy win
2. TCU - Win
3. Texas A&M Win (we've been close so many times, it's bound to happen someday)
4. NM State - Win
5. South Carolina - toss up but I will go with a Win
6. Alabama - Loss
7. Auburn -  Loss   I expect they will hang another 50+ on us.  Fans will be livid after starting 5-0 and now have lost 2 straight
8. Ole Miss -  Win
9. Coastal - Win
10. LSU - Loss   LSU will look much better this year
11. MS. State - Loss  Misstake is often a tough game for us
12. Missouri -  Win.  Missouri should have our full attention after dropping the previous two

8-4, 4-4 SEC

That's what I come up with after looking at the schedule but 6-6 wouldn't surprise me

Fair prediction. I could see it playing out that way.

GuvHog

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on July 18, 2017, 11:40:35 am
There would have to be a serious change in attitude at Ole Miss for the athletic department to do a 180 and can him.

Maybe they will, but it looks like they'll make him get through this season before they pull the trigger. 

If Ole Miss wants to settle out of court with Hooty and Hooty insists that Freeze's immediate termination as Rebel HC be part of the settlement deal, Ole Miss will either have to agree to immediately terminate Freeze or go to court. My guess is rather than go through with the depositions and have the NCAA use them against the school, they'll agree to Hooty's terms and immediately fire Freeze.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: GuvHog on July 18, 2017, 03:42:05 pm
If Ole Miss wants to settle out of court with Hooty and Hooty insists that Freeze's immediate termination as Rebel HC be part of the settlement deal, Ole Miss will either have to agree to immediately terminate Freeze or go to court. My guess is rather than go through with the depositions and have the NCAA use them against the school, they'll agree to Hooty's terms and immediately fire Freeze.

Dollars to donuts that all HDN wants is the check, and the check (to him) will be the same as a public admission that Ole Miss was wrong. He doesn't care whether Freeze is fired or not. There's nothing in that for him, nothing to gain.
Go Hogs Go!

GuvHog

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on July 18, 2017, 03:54:06 pm
Dollars to donuts that all HDN wants is the check, and the check (to him) will be the same as a public admission that Ole Miss was wrong. He doesn't care whether Freeze is fired or not. There's nothing in that for him, nothing to gain.

I respectfully disagree. I think Hooty wants blood along with the money. I believe he wants Freeze gone.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: GuvHog on July 18, 2017, 04:01:19 pm
I respectfully disagree. I think Hooty wants blood along with the money. I believe he wants Freeze gone.

Just sayin, HDN likes to buddy up with all of the other coaches (former and present) in college football and if he wants to have a steady job in the future making a lot of money on t.v. as an "Analyst" (using that term loosely) and have friendly access to those coaches, he won't push for a firing of Freeze as a part of his settlement.

I think that if he did he would wind up being ostracized and not have the needed access to the coaching community. He would be branded as a turncoat and outsider. His demand of the firing of Freeze doesn't work in his favor at all. The fact that he is bringing suit against his former employer for something that is so meaningless, is enough. Asking for a firing would absolutely isolate him from the coaching community. He isn't going to do that, Guv.
Go Hogs Go!

Großer Kriegschwein

Guv just making stuff up.

The lawsuit may help the administration decide to get rid of Freeze, but that is not the intent of the case.

Good old fashioned southern greed.
This is my non-signature signature.

goodguytex

Yeah, Nutt and freeze have a friendship going back quite a good while going back to when freeze was a HS coach. I doubt Nutt goes after his job.