Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

On 'going after an opponents weak points'...

Started by Sir Oinksalot, September 03, 2014, 08:52:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Oinksalot

Just thought this was an interesting take from Coach, and, I put it here in "Vents" because it seemed Coach was venting a little bit...

From the ADG -
Coach Bret Bielema stressed he wants his players reacting to any physical weaknesses they see from opponents during games.
Bielema said that when he was a defensive coordinator, he talked to his players about being like a boxer who goes after a cut
bleeding over the other guy's eye.  If an opposing player looks to be favoring something physically, Bielema said the Razorbacks
need to exploit that to their advantage.

"If he's holding his knee or he's holding his wrist, or he's bent over, he's holding his leg or he's working his ankle out, go after that baby," Bielema said Monday at his weekly news conference. "When I was a wrestler and you've got a brace on, I'm going after your ass, you know?

"That's the mentality I think that we have to establish."

Opinions, was he just "venting" or seriously truthful about this, and, how do you feel about this philosophy
from our "Head Hog" ?

Be ye therefore like the grasses and yield
to the inevitable forces of Nature,
and in so yielding survive...

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.