Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2 of the Players Drafted Last Night...

Started by colbs, May 09, 2014, 01:00:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

colbs

I didn't see posted, but 2 players that were drafted last night in the first round were coached by two coaches currently on staff.  Ja'Wuan James (Tennessee) coached by Pittman and Jason Verrett (TCU) coached by Jennings.  The total 1st rounders they have coached combined is now 27.

I am not sure how this compares to other staffs, but It seems like a pretty high number and shows this staff has a history of developing players.  That is one of the reasons I think BB will win here, he has a staff that can develop players.  At Arkansas you have to have a staff that can do this to be successful.

Jek Tono Porkins

I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

nextlevel

I found it more interesting that the number of MAC players selected in the first round was the same amount as the number of Big12 players.

Both of the Big12 players were CBs.

No first round picks for OU, Texas, Penn State, or SC.
Quote from: GUVHOG on March 07, 2011, 11:26:42 am
I'll make a prediction: If BCG were to get the Tennessee job, Calipari will be fired from UK within 2 years because from the 2013-2014 season on, Tennessee will own the SEC East until BCG moves on or retires.

ell oh ell

colbs

Quote from: ReddieHawg on May 09, 2014, 01:03:32 pm
Wait for it...
Oh I know it's about to come. Anything positive that is posted gets blasted by the same posters with the same arguments they use in every thread.

jgphillips3

I don't know what's to get blasted about that.  We all know Pittman is world class because Bama came after him seriously.  Jennings has good credentials.  You don't have to pump sunshine about CBB to think we are good on those two position coaches.  Also, you can think CBB is a buffoon and still say those two can coach.

onebadrubi

Quote from: nextlevel on May 09, 2014, 01:03:52 pm
I found it more interesting that the number of MAC players selected in the first round was the same amount as the number of Big12 players.

Both of the Big12 players were CBs.

No first round picks for OU, Texas, Penn State, or SC.

OU beat bama... Now put your spin on it

PorkRinds

Quote from: jgphillips3 on May 09, 2014, 01:13:37 pm
I don't know what's to get blasted about that.  We all know Pittman is world class because Bama came after him seriously.  Jennings has good credentials.  You don't have to pump sunshine about CBB to think we are good on those two position coaches.  Also, you can think CBB is a buffoon and still say those two can coach.

Would those two coaches work for a guy that's really a buffoon when they could have their picks of elite schools to work for?  Doubtful.

nextlevel

Quote from: onebadrubi on May 09, 2014, 01:26:32 pm
OU beat bama... Now put your spin on it

Bama had multiple first round picks for the 5th straight year, never been done.

When discussing the draft, what does game results have to do with anything? Why not discuss the lack of Florida St. picks thus far?

BTW: The SEC W had more picks (8.) than:

ACC (5)
AAC (4)
Big Ten (4)
Pac-12 (3)
Big 12 (2)
MAC (2)
Independent (1)

The SEC had 11 total first round picks.
Quote from: GUVHOG on March 07, 2011, 11:26:42 am
I'll make a prediction: If BCG were to get the Tennessee job, Calipari will be fired from UK within 2 years because from the 2013-2014 season on, Tennessee will own the SEC East until BCG moves on or retires.

ell oh ell

chitwnhog

And Texas A&M had three go in the first round. No wonder they were good the last few years. I don't know if Sumlin will develop players and have that caliber to replace them but I would lean towards...NO.

cosmodrum

Any positive post is pumping sunshine now. Okay.

Go away, batin'

cmiller01

I believe we have a decent staff. world class? no, but pretty good.  It is a fact that BB puts quite a few players in the NFL from his teams.  But please remember, he also has some ugly stats in his bag.  0-8 comes to mind and losing records against nearly all the elite teams his teams have played.  He builds lines and lines build teams.