Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

*Official* "Todd McShay was right" thread

Started by big_ol_meat, April 29, 2011, 08:17:43 am

Previous topic - Next topic

big_ol_meat

You can post your apologies for his expert call on Mallett not being a first rounder in this thread.
To all the virgins, thanks for nothing.

Mr. Barnett (rbarnet424)

when he goes in the 3rd or possibly 4th as they said then im sure we can eat crow.
PanamaHOG
Representing the Razorbacks down in PTY

Stang1970

Quote from: big_ol_meat on April 29, 2011, 08:17:43 am
You can post your apologies for his expert call on Mallett not being a first rounder in this thread.

Just because McShay said he wasnt a first round pick doesnt mean he was right it just shows how stupid some of the owners are to believe false or mis information about a player.

I think Mallett will be the steal of the draft for sure now.

Ftsmithmike

He was a primary propagator of accusations against Mallett. Get yourself some pride man. Unless you are just trolling here this should piss you off. Not so much because of where Mallett is picked but because of who was picked in the first round. Malletts off field issues could not possibly be what Newtons where. Newton has to leave Florida to avoid expulsion.

I hope when Mallett wins a Super Bowl he refuses to talk to these @rsehats.
"Here a question arises: whether it is better to be loved than feared, or the reverse. The answer is, of course, that it would be best to be both loved and feared. But since the two rarely come together, anyone compelled to choose will find greater security in being feared than in being loved."

Mr. Barnett (rbarnet424)

We may yet see an ESPN film in 10 years called the Mallett 5 or 6 (if dalton or kaepernick gets picked ahead of him).

I have a feeling this draft will go down as one of those big Bust QB draft years like the Tom Brady draft year.

PanamaHOG
Representing the Razorbacks down in PTY

The Hogfather

He did his job of getting Gabbert to the top 10 and Mallett out of the 1st round.

HawgPound

Meh. We can argue all we want about where Mallett should have gone but the op is right. The talking heads were correct in saying he wouldn't go in the first round because of off field issues. I'm just going to wish Mallett the best going into the 2nd round and pray he lands someplace that will give him the support and training he needs to be an elite QB in the NFL.

big_ol_meat

Jimmy Smith had almost the same type issues as Mallett.  They talked about it quite a bit.  He still went first round.  I'm not trolling.  I'm trying to make hogville open its eyes.  Not everyone is out to get us.  Maybe sometimes we just aren't what we think we are. ;)

Pigdiana Jones

Yeah he was right that he didn't go in the first round. He is still a dumbass, however.
"In the East, college football is a cultural exercise.

On the West Coast, it is a tourist attraction.

In the Midwest, it is cannibalism.

But in the South, college football is a religion, and every Saturday is a holy day."

The Hogfather

Quote from: salebow on April 29, 2011, 08:38:17 am
Yeah he was right that he didn't go in the first round. He is still a dumbass, however.

Yep.  And I want to know where McShay's final mock draft had Mallett going.

mclyte

Mcshay had Gabbert #1 on his big board = fail!!

nlrd

Quote from: rbarnett424 on April 29, 2011, 08:22:13 am
when he goes in the 3rd or possibly 4th as they said then im sure we can eat crow.

McShay before the draft had him going to Tennessee at #39 and now has him to Oakland at #48.  I'm pretty sure those picks are in the 2nd round.

Sir Oinksalot

My take is this wasn't the drug rumors, it was that film of Mallett getting slammed
by Farley, then leaving the game...

I'm a big Mallett fan and I'm one of those who see him as a big success in the NFL
but the kid doesn't know how to get tackled and appears nonathletic from the waist down...

They see the gun, yes, but instead of a franchise they see a "twig" about to get snapped
by 2 or 3 Farleys on every team, and it's a big risk, jmo...
Be ye therefore like the grasses and yield
to the inevitable forces of Nature,
and in so yielding survive...

The Hogfather

April 29, 2011, 08:43:24 am #13 Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 08:46:21 am by The Hogfather
Quote from: Sir Oinksalot on April 29, 2011, 08:42:29 am
My take is this wasn't the drug rumors, it was that film of Mallett getting slammed

I'm a big Mallett fan and I'm one of those who see him as a big success in the NFL
but the kid doesn't know how to get tackled and appears nonathletic from the waist down...

They see the gun, yes, but instead of a franchise they see a "twig" about to get snapped

Yeah, much more of a risk than these run first QBs taking on LBs with their head down....

The Hogfather

Quote from: nlrd on April 29, 2011, 08:41:15 am
McShay before the draft had him going to Tennessee at #39 and now has him to Oakland at #48.  I'm pretty sure those picks are in the 2nd round.

He might be right about where Mallett gets drafted, but he'll be wrong about how good the QBs in this draft are/will be.

When he ranks the QBs, Mallett has consistently been behind at least 4 of them, usually a lot lower, and that will be proven to be idiotic in a few years.

nlrd

Quote from: The Hogfather on April 29, 2011, 08:45:40 am
He might be right about where Mallett gets drafted, but he'll be wrong about how good the QBs in this draft are/will be.

When he ranks the QBs, Mallett has consistently been behind at least 4 of them, usually a lot lower, and that will be proven to be idiotic in a few years.

You may be right, but that's not what this thread is about, is it?

big_ol_meat

I don't believe his job is to rank them by "ability".  I believe he ranks them in the order they will be picked......
Mallett is no doubt one of the most talented QB's.  NFL ready didn't mean he should be the first player taken.  Some teams could draft a player like Cam (hypothetical) and give him 2 years behind another QB to learn.  Doesn't mean he'll be a success but it's basically the same as Mallett.  Even if he is "ready" he would still most likely sit behind another QB.  So why not take one with the athletic ability of Cam?

Sir Oinksalot

Quote from: The Hogfather on April 29, 2011, 08:43:24 am
Yeah, much more of a risk than these run first QBs taking on LBs with their head down....

but they jumped up afterward...
Be ye therefore like the grasses and yield
to the inevitable forces of Nature,
and in so yielding survive...

Boarcephus

Quote from: The Hogfather on April 29, 2011, 08:26:08 am
He did his job of getting Gabbert to the top 10 and Mallett out of the 1st round.

Just have to wonder how much of Mallett's drop was self inflicted?   There appears to be something everyone in the know is aware of that we aren't.  Mort alluded to the deal in Carolina may run  deeper than anyone here actually knows.   Perhaps this will eventually leak out but there is something that just doesn't smell right.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

JohnWesleyHogdin

Can we revisit this thread in December. Then we will all truley see "how right" he is...or isn't.

superior_wang

Quote from: The Hogfather on April 29, 2011, 08:43:24 am
I agree. I am anxious to see what St Tim Tebow does this year for the broncos (as a run first, run second, pass  3rd type qb). Will he even get on the field? If he does , how long before he gets hurt? Last season he got nailed in the preseason (ribs) and was out 2 or 3 weeks (not they he wouldve played...but i think the whole broncos organization went "o damn" on that one. Please dont interpret that as me being a tebow fan, just interested  in how this new breed of qb will  hold up. And while we are talking broncos, im also curious to see  the status of Kyle Orton...is he traded? or will he be the broncos starting qb. Hed be one hell of a backup to a "real" team.

majp51

I'm not sure I follow. Just because Mallet didn't go in the first round doesn't make McShay right, it just means he accurately predicted that one pieces of the crap he slung at Mallet , and honestly other players too.

Of course that is like apologizing to ESPN when Charles Woodson won the Heisman. In both cases the person/organization that "got it right" also has a little influence in molding perceptions, and when do you ever congratulate someone who can and does do their best to stack the deck?

Cobbler

Quote from: big_ol_meat on April 29, 2011, 08:51:52 am
I don't believe his job is to rank them by "ability".  I believe he ranks them in the order they will be picked......
Mallett is no doubt one of the most talented QB's.  NFL ready didn't mean he should be the first player taken.  Some teams could draft a player like Cam (hypothetical) and give him 2 years behind another QB to learn.  Doesn't mean he'll be a success but it's basically the same as Mallett.  Even if he is "ready" he would still most likely sit behind another QB.  So why not take one with the athletic ability of Cam?

Actually, as ESPN's "Director of College Scouting" his job is to rank players by ability. He and couple other guys grade the prospects based on different factors. He's consistently dropped Mallett every update.

And you don't take a QB first overall to have him sit a couple years. If you're going that high, you're expected to come in and start soon.

Houston h

April 29, 2011, 09:01:39 am #23 Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 09:03:21 am by Houston h
He got the first 4 picks right, of course, everyone knew those picks the day before the draft.

He then didn't hit another pick until Pouncey went to the Dolphins at 15.  He had Locker and Ponder both going in the 2nd round.

He got 6 of 32 right.......  The first 4 were easy, so essentially he got 2 of 28 right.  His average is around 9% correct, he is right on track......

razorbrass

A few things:
1) McShay and Gabbert are represented by the same agency - McShay had nothing nice to say about Gabbert until Gabbert signed with this agency.  He has singlehandedly tried to get Gabbert drafted higher while talking down the competition.  McShay is a punk with no ethics.

2)  NFL types took more stock in what they heard from the Michigan people about Mallett than his 3 year body of work at Arkansas.  Seems Bobby Petrino has been marginalized by the NFL types.

Finally, like it or not the two biggest games we played this past year (Alabama and Ohio State) Mallett had not just the opportunity but a good opportunity to drive us down to tie or win and in both cases made bad decisions that resulted in turnovers.  Had he capitalized on one or both he would have been a top 10 pick.  In some ways this could be the best thing for him.  Being a first round pick means you will get thrown into the fire and learn on the job.  Many can't stand the pressure.  Hopefully Ryan will go to a good team where he can grow into the job.
Ladies and Gentlemen can I please have your attention.  I've just been handed an urgent and horrifying news story and I need all of you to stop what you are doing and listen!

big_ol_meat

You're always going to talk about the one you're most impressed with.  If they thought Gabbert was impressive why wouldn't they talk about him more?  And why would the NFL owners who are dropping 50 million on a kid listen to a person like McShay? Apparently McShay was right on target with what the NFL owners were thinking. 
Again, I saw more negative press about Jimmy Smith than Mallett.  He failed multiple drug test and had alcohol issues as a minor.  He still went first round.  He didn't get NEAR the coverage the QB class had. 

The Hogfather

Quote from: Boarcephus on April 29, 2011, 08:55:58 am
Just have to wonder how much of Mallett's drop was self inflicted?   There appears to be something everyone in the know is aware of that we aren't.  Mort alluded to the deal in Carolina may run  deeper than anyone here actually knows.   Perhaps this will eventually leak out but there is something that just doesn't smell right.

That stuff doesn't matter.  It really doesn't.  They get so wrapped up in the small stuff that they miss the obvious.  Mallett is the most talented QB in the draft and the best QB in the draft.  He does what NFL teams do the best of any QB in the draft.  He played under a known offensive genius, who made him study film all day long.  He learned the nuances of an NFL-style offense and ran it nearly to perfection.  He's a winner (something like 21-8 as a starter in college). 

The same thing happened to Dan Marino that's happening to Mallett.  They'll be mirror images by the time Mallett's career is over.

superior_wang

whoops, meant to post this as well :  while im not on the "great Mallett  conspiracy" here like some, it is hard to congratulate McShay when every  other statement he made was to  how awful RM is off the field. It did seem like he had an agenda. I do wish we could  know what they are talking about as far as off the field issues. I mean, all we truly know here is that he got a MIP  or something a couple years ago right?. Given some of the NFL's past characters ..... seems he'd have to be Pablo Escobar to even raise an eyebrow to NFL teams.

The Hogfather

Quote from: big_ol_meat on April 29, 2011, 09:03:19 am
If they thought Gabbert was impressive why wouldn't they talk about him more?  And why would the NFL owners who are dropping 50 million on a kid listen to a person like McShay? Apparently McShay was right on target with what the NFL owners were thinking. 

They aren't listening to McShay.  It is the other way around.  They are idiots, just like him.  That's why they suck year after year after year.

QuoteAgain, I saw more negative press about Jimmy Smith than Mallett.  He failed multiple drug test and had alcohol issues as a minor.  He still went first round.  He didn't get NEAR the coverage the QB class had. 

And how was his career in the NFL?  Mallett will make these idiots look silly in a few years.

Quote from: Ftsmithmike on April 29, 2011, 08:23:53 am
He was a primary propagator of accusations against Mallett. Get yourself some pride man. Unless you are just trolling here this should piss you off. Not so much because of where Mallett is picked but because of who was picked in the first round. Malletts off field issues could not possibly be what Newtons where. Newton has to leave Florida to avoid expulsion.

I hope when Mallett wins a Super Bowl he refuses to talk to these @rsehats.
NFL teams don't draft based on what McShay reports or believes.  They have their own opinions.  McShay's job is to report that, and sadly he seems to have been on the mark.

cityhog

Wonder what kind of bonus he got from CAA for that?

Boarcephus

Quote from: The Hogfather on April 29, 2011, 09:03:39 am
That stuff doesn't matter.  It really doesn't.  They get so wrapped up in the small stuff that they miss the obvious.  Mallett is the most talented QB in the draft and the best QB in the draft.  He does what NFL teams do the best of any QB in the draft.  He played under a known offensive genius, who made him study film all day long.  He learned the nuances of an NFL-style offense and ran it nearly to perfection.  He's a winner (something like 21-8 as a starter in college). 

The same thing happened to Dan Marino that's happening to Mallett.  They'll be mirror images by the time Mallett's career is over.

What you consider small stuff is apparently not so small to them.   The NFL is hellbent on cleaning up their image since Goodell took over and I have to wonder if Mallett's image and potential problems are not eating him up right now.   In order for the teams to pass on him that have and select less talented, less prepared players just says something and I'm not sure what. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

hogcoots

The talking heads were right about his position in the draft.  He obviously didn't go first round.  McShay and Mayock are informed entertainers that make their living on the draft.  I found it very interesting that after building up Locker for the last several months when he was selected by MN, Mayock laughed. Then they had the film queued up to show all the imperfections in the kid's game.  They were prepared for the old build them up and then tear them down scenario.  It makes for an interesting read in the papers and good TV. 

Mark this down.  When Mallett is selected, he will be designated as a great "value" pick by the talking heads.  They will say that this allows him to develop into a quality NFL quarterback.  They will say that as soon as he reports to the team he will have one of the top 10 arms in the league.  They will show clip after clip of his "great throws" and "great reads".  They will say how he comes from a pro-style offense in college and has a high football IQ.  He will be a tear them down and build them up project for the media. 

farmhawg

I am sure he was well compensated.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

DukeOfPork

Quote from: Stang1970 on April 29, 2011, 08:22:29 am
Just because McShay said he wasnt a first round pick doesnt mean he was right it just shows how stupid some of the owners are to believe false or mis information about a player.

Any of you who believe this need to take a long look in the mirror and realize that you are not a rational person; please do not trust your own judgment regarding anything of importance in your lives.  For your own good, please rely on opinions of your wife and family when making important decisions because you aren't very good at discerning what is reality and what is not. 

I tell you this for your own good.  :)

The Hogfather

April 29, 2011, 09:25:18 am #35 Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 09:28:06 am by The Hogfather
Quote from: Boarcephus on April 29, 2011, 09:17:22 am
What you consider small stuff is apparently not so small to them.

How'd you figure that out?  It should be and that is why someone is going to get a steal.

QuoteThe NFL is hellbent on cleaning up their image since Goodell took over and I have to wonder if Mallett's image and potential problems are not eating him up right now.   In order for the teams to pass on him that have and select less talented, less prepared players just says something and I'm not sure what. 

It says that they're idiots who repeat their mistakes over and over again, expecting a different result.  They're insane.

The Hogfather

Quote from: hogcoots on April 29, 2011, 09:18:46 am
The talking heads were right about his position in the draft.  He obviously didn't go first round.  McShay and Mayock are informed entertainers that make their living on the draft.  I found it very interesting that after building up Locker for the last several months when he was selected by MN, Mayock laughed. Then they had the film queued up to show all the imperfections in the kid's game.  They were prepared for the old build them up and then tear them down scenario.  It makes for an interesting read in the papers and good TV. 

Mark this down.  When Mallett is selected, he will be designated as a great "value" pick by the talking heads.  They will say that this allows him to develop into a quality NFL quarterback.  They will say that as soon as he reports to the team he will have one of the top 10 arms in the league.  They will show clip after clip of his "great throws" and "great reads".  They will say how he comes from a pro-style offense in college and has a high football IQ.  He will be a tear them down and build them up project for the media. 

Especially if it is New England.  You have the process nailed.

Nap

I think it's funny that people believe NFL executives base their draft on what McShay says.
I still can't believe that Fuzzy's is gone...

The Hogfather

Quote from: Nap on April 29, 2011, 09:31:27 am
I think it's funny that people believe NFL executives base their draft on what McShay says.

A lot of them might as well do that.  They'd do just as good (which isn't good at all).

big_ol_meat

Quote from: The Hogfather on April 29, 2011, 09:09:42 am

And how was his career in the NFL? 
Jimmy Smith was drafted by the Ravens.  He has the same amount of games played in the NFL as Mallett.  He had a way worse track record than Mallett.  He also had more coverage about his problems off the field.  The problem is YOU only noticed when they said something negative about Mallett.  The owners care about image to an extent.  But the point is they want to win games.  Winning = revenue.  How many fans have you heard say "I don't care if our team is 10-0, I'm not watching that receiver catch 3 TD passes because he slapped his girlfriend coming out of a night club"?

The Hogfather

Quote from: big_ol_meat on April 29, 2011, 09:37:01 am
Jimmy Smith was drafted by the Ravens.  He has the same amount of games played in the NFL as Mallett.  He had a way worse track record than Mallett.  He also had more coverage about his problems off the field.  The problem is YOU only noticed when they said something negative about Mallett.  The owners care about image to an extent.  But the point is they want to win games.  Winning = revenue.  How many fans have you heard say "I don't care if our team is 10-0, I'm not watching that receiver catch 3 TD passes because he slapped his girlfriend coming out of a night club"?

Sorry, I thought you meant the WR from years ago.

They are all missing the obvious because they are too worried about the small stuff.

Mallett will win more games in the NFL than ANY of the QBs that went in the 1st round.

Nipsey Mussle

LOL @ anyone dumb enough to believe McShay affected Mallett's draft status. Owners are investing tons of money in the draft process and put their faith in the evaluation ability of those in their organization they don't give 2 $hits what McShay has to say about a player. And LOL @ guaranteeing RM will be the Brady of this draft. It's possible but come on now that's just flat out being a homer. Some of you reflect poorly on some of us unbiased, objective Hog fans.

The Hogfather

April 29, 2011, 09:50:15 am #42 Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 09:51:59 am by The Hogfather
Quote from: helmuthjr21 on April 29, 2011, 09:48:00 am
LOL @ anyone dumb enough to believe McShay affected Mallett's draft status. Owners are investing tons of money in the draft process and put their faith in the evaluation ability of those in their organization they don't give 2 $hits what McShay has to say about a player. And LOL @ guaranteeing RM will be the Brady of this draft. It's possible but come on now that's just flat out being a homer. Some of you reflect poorly on some of us unbiased, objective Hog fans.

He'll be the Marino of this draft.

He has a much better chance to be the next Brady than the 4 QBs taken in the 1st round.  That's for damn sure.

And my thoughts have nothing to do with him being a Hog and me being a Hog fan.  Go look at some of the polls of people from around the country on who they think will be the best QB from this draft.  They consistently picked Mallett.

HogSophist

Quote from: Sir Oinksalot on April 29, 2011, 08:42:29 am

sam bradford?
signature removed by Hogville staff. (but Erie's quote revived because I missed it)

In an era where there are over $70 trillion in future obligations, beyond the debt,   taking up practices in budgeting that are tantamount to saying 'And then in 2040, a magic dragon will sh*tpoopy $100 trillion and fix our problems'  simply isn't wise. --ErieHog

Hawg Balling

April 29, 2011, 09:53:57 am #44 Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 09:55:31 am by Hawg Balling
Quote from: Stang1970 on April 29, 2011, 08:22:29 am
Just because McShay said he wasnt a first round pick doesnt mean he was right...

What?

I'm no fan of the guys either, but McShay and Kiper both said Mallett wouldn't be a first round pick and their prognostication turned out to be accurate.  It doesn't mean their batting average is that great, but they got it right on Mallett with regard to the first round when most on this board were way off.

hogsanity

He may turn out to be Starr, Unitas, Namath, Staubach, and Elway all rolled into one, BUT to think that NFL Gm's are basing their choices on Todd Mcshay is absurd.  The NFl Gm's all found reasons not to take him in the 1st round.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

187 MPH Lazers

McGay makes like 100 different mock drafts, so yeah he's gonna get some picks right, but he still doesn't know jack.  He had an agenda against Mallet and was helping Gabbert for sure.  The Ponder and Locker picks both suprised me, wouldn't have taken either nearly that high.

Tejano Jawg

Apologize to McSHay?? For all his rubbish??

Talk to Florida State fans...he was 45 slots off on Ponder.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

havok

Quote from: The Hogfather on April 29, 2011, 09:50:15 am
He'll be the Marino of this draft.

He has a much better chance to be the next Brady than the 4 QBs taken in the 1st round.  That's for damn sure.

I agree...

Cam Newton is a thief and a cheat... (Not to mention about 4 years away in technique and football knowledge just to be where Mallett is right now).  A thief in a locker room??  would have me thinking about my watch, jewelry and wallet while on the field.. and he doesn't appear too bright.  IMO..he could spend half the day counting his own balls, and never get the same number twice.

Locker???  Just shows that Tenn isn't serious about being an NFL team.  I do believe a QB has to at least be able to consistently pass the ball.  Watching Locker throw...I wonder if some days he is so inaccurate he couldn't take his hat off and successfully hit the ground with it..  He would miss by 5 yards.

Ponder (Minn)???   One of the weakest passers (Shoulder and recent Elbow Surgery too), with a slow wind up and throw.  Might be able to work on getting a quicker release.. but unless they are gonna limit their WR Routes excluding deep outs or other Passes requiring a driving throw,well these will be out of the question...  Plus the Safeties will be playing on the line not having to cover certain areas..   Not to mention, what is he going to do when he plays in traditionally Windy places like Chicago??

Gabbert is in a good situation.  He is a System QB, and if he had to start right away, the question would be.. can he get under center and succeed, or be yet another of the dozens of System QBs that can't translate to the Pro's.  A year to learn and grow is a great situation for him. 

BleedsRazorbackRed

I will start off by saying how much I love my Razorbacks!!  I will continue with how much I sometimes hate to read some of the idiotic posts by some of the most biased, unrational, unlogical people I have ever witnessed.  This site is awesome because I am and will always be a Hog fan, but at the same time alot of you folks make it quite embarrassing to admit I am a hogville member/reader.  I read more than I post.  Mostly, because I don't want to feel the wrath of idiot posters!!  Mallet was an awesome Razorback and he helped us to move our program to the next level.  He had an awesome arm and wonderful accuracy when he had the time.  When he didn't have the time, he struggled horribly so.  I screamed and hoolered when he made that wonderful play and I yelled and cussed when he screwed up!  It was a season that sent you on the roller coaster from hell. 

Give it up on wether the experts (or so called experts ) were right or wrong!!!  Who gives a flip on what draft pick he ends up at!  Be a Hog fan and never ever give up on our Hogs!!  Ryan is no longer a Hog and we will continue on without him.  We will now focus on being better next year!  First there was Peyton manning and then guess what ... T Martin won the National Championship the next year.  Look at where Peyton is and look where T Martin is.  Maybe Mallet will be the same!  I will be happy for him, but I will be more estatic to see us do better this year than we did last year. 

Take off the "Hog Colored Glasses" and get real.  Who is the man now ... Darren McFadden, Felix Jones, Ryan Mallett .....  Noooooo   .... it's Peyton Hillis!!!  Imagine that ... I didn't hear all too many talking about how much better he was than Darren or Felix and look where he is now!

Get real guys and wish Ryan the best whereever he lands and lets now focus our attention on the upcoming year and please oh please give me a T Martin year!!!!!!

WPS ... Go Hogs Go!!!!!!