Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2010 NFL Draft : Ryan Mallet to be drafted by Buffalo Bills

Started by Lil Wayne, December 27, 2009, 11:28:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Lil Wayne

Anyone else see where he is projected in top ten and to go to Buffalo?   Makes sense to go if your being drafted that high    :razorback:

Pickeledpigfeet

Get off the Gus bus....Get on the Bret Jet !!!!!

Lil Wayne

Ok just google 2010 nfl draft ryan mallet.    or http://newnfldraft.com/ :razorback:  not trying to start rumors just saw that and wondered if anyone else had

3kgthog

That organization no longer cares about winning. That would be terrible for RM.

Oklahawg

Hate to burst bubbles, but if Mallett cares about going to a winning team he'll leave this year when he is less likely to go in the top 4-6 (perennial losers, most likely). If he stays and has a monster 2010 year he'll go that early and have to take his chances on landing with a, gulp, Oakland-ish team.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

clutch

The guaranteed money that you get by going #1 to a team like Oakland is worth it. I'll gladly take $30-50 million and be and a sucky team. If you don't pan out, well you still walk away a very rich man. If you do work out then maybe one day you can get out of there and play for a winner. I catch myself feeling bad for guys that go #1 overall and end up trapped on a bad team, but quickly remember that they made more money for walking up on the stage and putting on a jersey and hat then I will ever see in my life and no longer feel bad.

atekido

lol he hasnt prooven himself in the nfl so he isnt to good for any team there.  and anyone in the right mind will take 15+ million guranteed no matter the team.  why do you think jamarcus russell still smiles while being benched.

Bryan (CHF)

That mock draft made me laugh. I really don't see 3 QBs going in the top 10 this year. Oh and many think Suh will be the #1 now...depending on how the top of the draft shakes out. Clausen might be the first QB taken but I seriously doubt he is #1.
Quote from: Doc Holliday
Why Ed does this mean we're not friends anymore? You know Ed, if I thought you weren't my friend... I just don't think I could bear it!

tiber

From that site -

About

NEW NFL DRAFT is a site for all the people looking for 2010 NFL Mock Drafts. This site was started in college when I took a class on websites and Search engine optimization. At the time I was looking at 10-15 Mock Drafts a day. So I decided to start my own site and do my own research. So now that is Newnfldraft.com. If you have any questions considered the Mock Draft or Advertising please contact me at newnfldraft@gmail.com. Contact me

reds10

hogdiggity

Tebow will end up at Buffalo I believe.  Mock drafts are crap, anyone can just put names with teams and call them mock drafts

oldbear

I want Mallett to come back for another year for all the right reasons: because the Hogs will be a little better with experience at the qb position. However the best reason I have head for him coming back is endorsement money. If he comes back and spends a year being hyped by all the talking heads, he will greatly increase endorsements upon becoming pro. See Sanchez.

Many athletes make more money in endorsements than in salary.

deshahawg

If he can go in the top 10 he won't be back for next year.

code red

Lookin at our favorable schedule next year i will go out on a limb and say that if Ryan stays he may actually be the #1 pick next year.  Becoming a pro is about the money not about winning.  If the players weren't making the jack they wouldn't put their bodies through that kind of abuse.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: deshahawg on December 28, 2009, 08:30:35 am

^^^^^This.^^^^^

I'm hoping that his letdowns (not failures) in our biggest games, coupled with him only showing one season's worth of play cause him to slip to the bottom of the first/top of second.  If this happens, I think he's back for next season.

Sorry Mallett, but I'm a Razorback fan.  It's not that I don't want you to go to the NFL and make us all proud.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

COCHISE

Quote from: Oklahawg on December 28, 2009, 12:13:12 am
Hate to burst bubbles, but if Mallett cares about going to a winning team he'll leave this year when he is less likely to go in the top 4-6 (perennial losers, most likely). If he stays and has a monster 2010 year he'll go that early and have to take his chances on landing with a, gulp, Oakland-ish team.
True, but many of those perennial losers have drafted loads of talent over the past few years, they just need a good QB to come in and turn the program around. (unless it's Oakland of course)  Peyton Manning went to a perennial loser at Indianapolis, Palmer at Cincy, Brees at New Orleans, etc.

OnYourToes

Quote from: 870 RZR on December 28, 2009, 08:48:36 am
True, but many of those perennial losers have drafted loads of talent over the past few years, they just need a good QB to come in and turn the program around. (unless it's Oakland of course)  Peyton Manning went to a perennial loser at Indianapolis, Palmer at Cincy, Brees at New Orleans, etc.

Brees was drafted by San Diego I believe.
Quote from: Fresh Legs on September 22, 2006, 09:56:48 am
Quote from: OnYourToes on September 22, 2006, 09:48:23 am
The wife's b-day was this past Tuesday, I got her a gift certifiacte for a message, she is going to redeem it Saturday, around 2:35ish.  I had it planned all along.  House to myself, game on, free to yell as loud as I can!!!!!

You sir are a genius!

Hoggies

Michael Porkleone

Quote from: deshahawg on December 28, 2009, 08:30:35 am

If he can go in the top 20 he won't be back for next year.
Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

101st Hogborne

Quote from: tiber on December 28, 2009, 03:12:29 am
From that site -

About

NEW NFL DRAFT is a site for all the people looking for 2010 NFL Mock Drafts. This site was started in college when I took a class on websites and Search engine optimization. At the time I was looking at 10-15 Mock Drafts a day. So I decided to start my own site and do my own research. So now that is Newnfldraft.com. If you have any questions considered the Mock Draft or Advertising please contact me at newnfldraft@gmail.com. Contact me

Thanks Tiber.....this is nothing different than if one of us decided to start our own draft site and project who's getting drafted where. It's not based on anything credible. It's JUNK!

COCHISE

Quote from: OnYourToes on December 28, 2009, 09:04:55 am
Brees was drafted by San Diego I believe.
Yes. I was referring in general about teams once considered perennial losers who were loaded with talent but just needed a quality play caller to turn the program around.

BentonvilleJeff

I think the only reason Mallett would stay is to compete for the national championship and only that reason. Does the cash out weigh taking the Hogs somewhere that we've never been? He's going to be filthy rich, just depends on when. I couldn't blame him for making either decision.

deshahawg

He might stay if he's lower than 10 because the money will be tens of millions better in the top ten.

HogIT

Quote from: CHF on December 28, 2009, 01:59:14 am
That mock draft made me laugh. I really don't see 3 QBs going in the top 10 this year. Oh and many think Suh will be the #1 now...depending on how the top of the draft shakes out. Clausen might be the first QB taken but I seriously doubt he is #1.

Honestly, what do people see in Clausen? He is a HORRIBLE leader and will probably get punched in the face many times in the NFL with his trash-talk and superiority complex. Also, he doesn't read defenses well, and that is saying ALOT with the schedule that ND has had in his tenure.

Suh will easily be the first draft pick, IMO. However, I definitely don't see Mallett going in the top 10 as a QB this year. Not many teams are looking for a QB and why would the Bills give up on Trent Edwards after only two years?!

This year is a very defensive-oriented draft.
Follow Hogtrough on twitter: @hogtrough

Tusks

well according to the hair doo.....mel kiper....RM isn't even one of the top 5 JR's that might leave for the draft.

Add the top 5 SR's and he doesn't even see RM going as one of the top 10 QBs much less a top 10 pick.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

LZH

Quote from: CHF on December 28, 2009, 01:59:14 amClausen might be the first QB taken but I seriously doubt he is #1.

I can't even hear this kid's name without thinking about the image of him and his 'sweetie' buddies standing on the dock in G-string Speedos...........that is still hilarious....or disturbing, depending on how you look at it.

Michael Porkleone

Quote from: LedZepHog on December 28, 2009, 01:20:11 pm
I can't even hear this kid's name without thinking about the image of him and his 'sweetie' buddies standing on the dock in G-string Speedos...........that is still hilarious....or disturbing, depending on how you look at it.

or photoshopped. 

Jimmy C is still terrible though.
Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

cbjagman

Too bad that whenever he decides to go NFL couldn't last a little later. I"d really prefer him to be eased into the qb position. A nice (but unrealistic) wish would be for him to be drafted by someone like Indy. After watching the yesterday's second half fiasco the Colts definitely need a backup. Great if Ryan could learn from the best qb in the business, Peyton, and then ease into the position once Manning decides to hang it up.

bubbafromSECF

If this is what it means to have a great qb then I'm sick of it already. Give me a Matt jones, Casey dick, robert Johnson anyday. We get one year out of mallett and he's all of a sudden the biggest distraction we ve ever had. There wnt be any threads for mallett riding the bench in st Louis Oakland or whatever black hole he goes to. If he would have stayed at michigan there would not be any of this circus goin on. Brandon Mitchell will be better than mallett and give us 4 years.

H_K_S

Quote from: bubbafromSECF on December 28, 2009, 03:59:08 pm
If this is what it means to have a great qb then I'm sick of it already. Give me a Matt jones, Casey dick, robert Johnson anyday. We get one year out of mallett and he's all of a sudden the biggest distraction we ve ever had. There wnt be any threads for mallett riding the bench in st Louis Oakland or whatever black hole he goes to. If he would have stayed at michigan there would not be any of this circus goin on. Brandon Mitchell will be better than mallett and give us 4 years.
'sup Houston Dale?  Haven't seen you around here in a while.  How's Danny's brain?  I heard "Sis" is going to be on the next "Biggest Loser: Couples" all by herself.  Any truth to that?  Give my regards to Shibest and Markuson...

LZH

Quote from: Michael Porkleone on December 28, 2009, 01:52:09 pm
or photoshopped. 

Jimmy C is still terrible though.

Was that picture photoshopped?....oh, snap; don't ruin it for me man!

Brass Knob

I would not put much stock in this site.  Just a a guess by some random person.  i cannot believe that JC will be the first pick and I cannot believe that Bradford is the 6th pick with his shoulder questions.  I also do not believe Mallet would be a top 10 pick at this point.  Financially, it would be worth it for Mallet to come back and be a top 10-15 pick.

Lil Wayne

Quote from: Brass Knob on December 28, 2009, 04:35:35 pm
I would not put much stock in this site.  Just a a guess by some random person.  i cannot believe that JC will be the first pick and I cannot believe that Bradford is the 6th pick with his shoulder questions.  I also do not believe Mallet would be a top 10 pick at this point.  Financially, it would be worth it for Mallet to come back and be a top 10-15 pick.

I agree it was just weird to run across a site showing our qb as a top ten pick.   :razorback:

WOODSHOG

With all due respect to Ryan, I'd bet my farm that he doesn't see the top ten. When he does not plant, he is as wild as as a rabbit on his pass attempts. His completion ratio is skewed, and he needs another year with CBP, or he may never reach his potential.

TRUHOG718

Bills Fan :(  Ive been following the Mallett to Buffalo situation for a few months now so I have a pretty good feel for what Marv, Ralph,and Modrak are looking to do.

The Bills do want Mallett. They have 3 qb's on their roster and none could hold Mallets jock strap.  Just not enough to draft him in the 7-9 range when they will pick. With Locker staying in school that leaves Bradford and Clausen. Whoever said three qb's would not go top 10 is wrong because if Locker would have stayed in the draft that is EXACTLY what would have happened this year. Buffalo was not going to get any of the 3 because they would have all been gone by not only by the 10th pick but by the 7th pick.

With that being said both qb's will be gone and Buffalo will not draft any of the other qb's that early because they still need a run stopper, left tackle and middle linebacker and they will draft the best player at any of those positions. So Buffalo has been looking at getting another first rounder (like they did with Dallas to get JP Losman) fearing if Mallett comes out he will be late first early second and they would again not get their quarterback. hope this helps . TRUHOG OUT
http://www.sicollection.com/assets/images/nolan_richardson_300.jpg

One Day. We Will Be Back. I Promise You This.

Hoggish1

Quote from: Lil Wayne on December 27, 2009, 11:28:51 pm
Anyone else see where he is projected in top ten and to go to Buffalo?   Makes sense to go if your being drafted that high    :razorback:

DEE ti dee.  Back in a flash with more fantasy trash...

TRUHOG718

Quote from: Lil Wayne on December 27, 2009, 11:28:51 pm
Anyone else see where he is projected in top ten and to go to Buffalo?   Makes sense to go if your being drafted that high    :razorback:
that mocks been up for a long time. I saw it posted on the buffalo board a while back. Just some guys bad opinion of the 2010 draft.  nothing more
http://www.sicollection.com/assets/images/nolan_richardson_300.jpg

One Day. We Will Be Back. I Promise You This.

HAWG FAN 55

December 29, 2009, 10:27:47 am #37 Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 11:03:42 am by HAWG FAN 55
Oh well, if it works out that way,then so be it, im thankful BP has a league of QB's ready to make a statement. :razorback:

bubbafromSECF

The maturity level of hogvillans has been in a rapid decline. Well, 90% didn't have any to begin with. I'm a nutt hater and a drama hater. Some advice for mallett, " don't let the door hit you on the arse" Brandon mitchell is gonna be the one to take Arkansas to greatness. Not Sunday dreamer mallett. It sure as h e double l won't be Tyler Wilson, lol

justanotherdisappointedfn

Quote from: bubbafromSECF on December 29, 2009, 10:41:11 am
The maturity level of hogvillans has been in a rapid decline. Well, 90% didn't have any to begin with. I'm a nutt hater and a drama hater. Some advice for mallett, " don't let the door hit you on the arse" Brandon mitchell is gonna be the one to take Arkansas to greatness. Not Sunday dreamer mallett. It sure as h e double l won't be Tyler Wilson, lol

relax, beyond some internet rumors , no one has said anything about RM leaving, and oh yeah - he doesn't owe you a damn thing, if you're telling me that if you were in his shoes and someone offered you say $20M to leave Arkansas after 1 season that you would say "oh no, I owe the fans more than that" I'd say you're a freaking liar.

CabotHog87

little pigee

It's not about the money...it's about the amount of money.

reddogjcss

ur

Look who else wants him to go pro. I love the ole piss boards. They are better than the comic section for laughs.

The most important difference between going in the first round vs. going in the second round or  3rd round is guaranteed money. If Jevan had a good to great year next year and Mallett goes pro this year, Jevan will battle Locker for the first overall pick in the draft. If he were to beat out Locker the difference in guaranteed money would be huge vs. coming out now and being in the second or third round. This year Stafford signed with the Lions for a guaranteed $41.7 million which will set himself and his family up for the rest of their lives even if he never lasts in the pros. Even Freeman drafted 17th got over 10 million in guaranteed money. That is a VERY BIG difference between going in the 3rd round and getting probably 300k in guaranteed money. With just a good season Jevan is basically guaranteed to go in the first round. Jevan could be costing himself literally 10 million in guaranteed money and possibly much more.

kenstabler

Quote from: nutted on December 28, 2009, 11:21:18 am
well according to the hair doo.....mel kiper....RM isn't even one of the top 5 JR's that might leave for the draft.

Add the top 5 SR's and he doesn't even see RM going as one of the top 10 QBs much less a top 10 pick.

Heard Kiper on the radio just last week. Said Mallet is the wildcard among QBs and would drastically shake up the order. ... No way he doesn't have him in his top 10 QBs.

Snouty

I just can't see Ryan Mallett shufflin' off to Buffalo.

longtimeHogfan

Jack Kemp, Joe Ferguson and Jim Kelly had pretty long and, presumably, lucrative runs at Buffalo.  He could do worse.  Oakland and Detroit come to mind. 
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

Holy City Hog

The more this current class of QB's is evaluated, the better RM's chances are of leaving.  There is very little consensus on who's at the top of this group. According to Todd McShay (who does actually consult NFL GM's) the only QB in this draft with a certain 1st rd grade is Bradford but the shoulder injury will scare some teams. It's wide-open & RM could easily jump to the front.

Year in & year out NFL teams are so desperate to find the next "franchise" QB that they will reach on a guy based on his physical ability & the perception of "upside", which is why some NFL personnel argued Ryan Leaf would be a better pro than Peyton Manning.

It's basic supply & demand.  If we continue to hear this QB class is "weak" then the perceived value of RM will rise. Combine weak supply with NFL's high demand for potential franchise QB's & suddenly RM's chances of being a top 10 pick this yr are very realistic.

Lil Wayne

There are really strong winds in Buffalo so if I was a G.M. I would draft a very strong armed quarterback.  RM does have a strong arm.  :razorback:

MuskogeeHogFan

Scouts and Analysts have consistently said he should probably come back for another year at Arkansas to develop and grow for another year. Why anyone would wish otherwise is beyond me. Best for him, best for Arkansas.
Go Hogs Go!