Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Raiders name McFadden as starting running back

Started by SuthrnFballer15, September 11, 2009, 11:13:49 am

Previous topic - Next topic

SuthrnFballer15

September 11, 2009, 11:13:49 am Last Edit: September 11, 2009, 12:02:57 pm by SuthrnFballer15
Coach Tom Cable has named Darren McFadden the Raiders' starting running back over Michael Bush and Justin Fargas.

Cable cited the 2008 No. 4 overall pick's consistency and "explosiveness" as reasons for his promotion. This news only ensures that he'll see upwards of 20 touches per game on a regular basis. Yee haw! :razorback:

http://twitter.com/bydavidwhite
Raiders beat writer for the San Francisco Chronicle
"If you're attitude is 'I was good yesterday,' you can't do that at Arkansas. Whoever your opponent is, it's a big game. Everything is up for grabs." - Coach Pelphrey

"I'm not really good at being a shifty kind of guy who likes to make moves -- I like to be a straight-line guy and run over somebody if I can."
-Peyton Hillis

"Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog" - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

Pigdiana Jones

"In the East, college football is a cultural exercise.

On the West Coast, it is a tourist attraction.

In the Midwest, it is cannibalism.

But in the South, college football is a religion, and every Saturday is a holy day."

gohogsgo006

Quote from: SuthrnFballer15 on September 11, 2009, 11:13:49 am
Coach Tom Cable has named Darren McFadden the Raiders' starting running back over Michael Bush and Justin Fargas.

Cable cited the 2008 No. 4 overall pick's consistency and "explosiveness" as reasons for his promotion. This news only ensures that he'll see upwards of 20 touches per game on a regular basis. Yee haw! :razorback:

now if only he could hold onto the football...
Hogville- Where realism somehow equals pessimism

Tuskattack

I was gonna make a really incredible post here...but Salebow's avatar made me completely lose my train of thought. 

FBI

Quote from: Tuskattack on September 11, 2009, 11:39:44 am
I was gonna make a really incredible post here...but Salebow's avatar made me completely lose my train of thought. 
YEAH WHAT HE SAID

Atl_Hog

Wooo Pig Sooie!!!

SuthrnFballer15

Quote from: Atl_Hog on September 11, 2009, 11:54:51 am
My fantasy draft looks better and better!
Ha you aint kidding, yours and mine both :razorback:
"If you're attitude is 'I was good yesterday,' you can't do that at Arkansas. Whoever your opponent is, it's a big game. Everything is up for grabs." - Coach Pelphrey

"I'm not really good at being a shifty kind of guy who likes to make moves -- I like to be a straight-line guy and run over somebody if I can."
-Peyton Hillis

"Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog" - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

TomasPistola

He's gotta stay healthy. Come on Oakland O-Line. Do some freaking blocking for once.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

phadedhawg

hogfanforever

"One of these days its gonna get right and when it does I AM GOING to be scary for a lot of people"

Lando Calrissian

I hope Danny calls and suggests they run the WildRaider!
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

jonesark™

I know that's right!

Blinkhog

hawgsav1

Cable said the same thing about Justin Fargas the last time he named Fargas the starting RB.  I have serious doubts that Tom Cable knows WTH is going on.
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

kimjongsqUeAl

The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
- Thomas Jefferson

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge...
- God

alohawg

:-\

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

MTBrookHog

Makes it rough on me being a Charger fan. I guess when we play the Raiders and Broncos I just have to say hit them but don't hurt them.

tiber

Any minute now, she's going to reposition that left hand all the way off.  I've been watching for 5 minutes now, and I think she moves it a little further every time.

Hawg Balling

It's pretty disconcerting that McFadden is on a team that Richard Seymour would almost rather retire early than play for.  He needs to get out of Oakland....fast.