Divisional
Carolina Defeats Seattle
San Francisco Defeats Green Bay

Conference
San Francisco Defeats Carolina

Big Papa Satan

Miami and San Fran in the Super Bowl? 

The Marmot

Pickin Carolina to do well in the NFC, huh? Yeah, they lived up to that hype last year. I'm picking NO and SD in the SB, with NO winning.
I was booooorn to love you... I was booooorn to lick your face... I was booooorn to rub you... but you were born to rub me first - Ty Webb

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 28, 2014, 06:59:50 pm
The fact that you can type the words doesn't stop the thought behind those words from being horseshit.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

Blake Sebo

Yeah Ivan, I am comfortable with SF, I think they will really come together and break through the weak NFC. I am less so with Miami, but I just have one of those feelings about them.

Marmot, the way I see it, Carolina has been good every other season the last five years, and this is the good season. Also, I think you underestimate the effect of loosing Marty, Wade, and Cam in San Diego. I do think New Orleans could make it, but i am still not sold that they are not a one year wonder or a product of a last place schedule (ala what I think of the Jets).

Big Papa Satan

Dallas will do much better than 8-8, and there's no way GB cracks .500.

I do see Cleveland having the worst record in the entire league.

selfexplanatory

I hope Cleveland has the worst record in the league = Dallas first pick next year.
This year's nominee for the Coopy award.
Quote from: majp51 on June 02, 2010, 03:27:42 pm
Err, now I know it's easy to bash Shiloh Christian, but I'm pretty there aren't that many high schools in Arkansas that have a player picked in the 3rd round of the NFL Draft.
Or have you forgotten where Damian Williams played school?

Blake Sebo

Well I just dont think Tony Romo will be the quarterback to lead Dallas. Perhaps they take Brian Brohm with the first pick next year (via Cleveland), but one thing is for sure, if my scenario  comes to pass, Dallas will have a tough time deciding between a running back like DMAC or Brohm.

Green Bay is solely a product of the weak NFC North. Yes, I have them winning a playoff game, but just because of the game being in Lambeau and a little bit of luck.

bigyellowdog

I cannot see Miami beating Denver, Indy, and NE all on the road in the playoffs.  Other than that, I agree with your regular season AFC picks. 

Blake Sebo

I just have one of those feelings about Miami. With that defense, if Trent Green can just around the 15th best Quarterback, Miami will make the playoffs. Remember that two years ago, Miami won nine games with Gus Frerotte an a rookie Ronnie Brown. The same team is in tact with Brown older and a QB that I think we can all agree is better than Frerotte. Their offensive line is better than people think and the only glaring problem is at cornerback.

Lets see some other pre-camp picks.

Richard_white

Cowboys vs Patriots

Cowboys SB Champions

kimjongsqUeAl

The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
- Thomas Jefferson

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge...
- God

King-Tusk

July 05, 2007, 03:09:12 pm #11 Last Edit: July 05, 2007, 08:48:25 pm by King-Tusk
As a Niner fan, I love your prediction! 

As relating to the cowboys though, I don't see them getting to or winning the SB this year.  As for the draft, I'm pulling for Cleveland to NOT finish dead last.  I really would hate to see Dmac wearing the Dallas star.
"You're talkin to my man all wrong.  It's the wrong tone.  Do it again and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron!"

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Arkansas is expected to go 3-0 in the Sun Belt this season. The Hogs had only one other spot to add a Sun Belt team, but filled that nonconference spot with Division I-AA Chattanooga for War Memorial Stadium in October.

Big Papa Satan

Dallas winning the SB isn't a stretch at all.

Might as well get used to it - McFadden's gonna be the next great Dallas Cowboy runningback.

hoggystyle78

NE Patriots vs. NO Saints in superbowl. Patriots win another one.

Blake Sebo

I have a serious problem with the Pats, I think they have taken on too many bad character guys recently. They have always been about team first and the fist of Belicheck the terrible. I still think they will at least they make the AFC Title game again, but after this year I wouldnt be surprised to see the Phins and/or Jets take that top spot in the division.

RebelliousHog

Quote from: Blake Sebo on July 02, 2007, 07:59:33 pm
AFC East
New England 12-4
Miami 10-6
New York 7-9
Buffalo 4-12

AFC North
Cincinnati 10-6
Baltimore 9-7
Pittsburgh 7-9
Cleveland 5-11

AFC South
Indianapolis 12-4
Houston 8-8
Jacksonville 8-8
Tennessee 5-11

AFC West
Denver 11-5
San Diego 10-6
Kansas City 7-9
Oakland 2-14

1.   Indianapolis
2.   New England
3.   Denver
4.   Cincinnati
5.   San Diego
6.   Miami

Wild Card
Miami Defeats Denver
Cincinnati Defeats San Diego

Divisional
Miami Defeats Indianapolis
New England Defeats Cincinnati

Conference
Miami Defeats New England

NFC East
Philadelphia 10-6
Dallas 8-8
Washington 7-9
New York 5-11

NFC North
Green Bay 9-7
Chicago 9-7
Detroit 6-10
Minnesota 4-12

NFC South
Carolina 13-3
New Orleans 10-6
Tampa Bay 6-10
Atlanta 5-11

NFC West
San Francisco 11-5
Seattle 9-7
Saint Louis 8-8
Arizona 6-10

1.   Carolina
2.   San Francisco
3.   Philadelphia
4.   Green Bay
5.   New Orleans
6.   Seattle

Wild Card
Seattle Defeats Philadelphia
Green Bay Defeats New Orleans

Divisional
Carolina Defeats Seattle

Conference

I wouldn't argue with most of this. I'd have to flip Denver and San Diego. Not sure Cutler is full season ready, and the Bolts have some good things going for them (Tomlinson)
As much as I hate to say it I also think the 'girls will be better than 8-8. NFC East will be a dog fight.
Not sure why the UI hate on the Pack. Da Bears are still the team to beat and I don't think the Pack helped themselves in the draft or free agency. Don't see San Fran being better than the Seahawks. No way I predict winners or playoff teams NOW.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

RebelliousHog

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on July 05, 2007, 06:08:51 pm

Might as well get used to it - McFadden's gonna be the next great Dallas Cowboy runningback.

Make up your mind. Are the 'girls gonna win the SB or finish dead last and get DMac?
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

Richard_white

Quote from: HenduHog on July 06, 2007, 02:53:31 pm

Make up your mind. Are the 'girls gonna win the SB or finish dead last and get DMac?

They don't have to finish last to get DMac.  The reason why we traded our pick for Cleveland 08 first round pick.  We have a good chance to get anyone we want in the first round with 2 picks.

gatecrasher

AFC East
New England 12-4
Miami 10-6
New York 7-9
Buffalo 4-12

AFC North
Cincinnati 10-6
Baltimore 9-7
Pittsburgh 7-9
Cleveland 5-11

AFC South
Indianapolis 12-4
Houston 8-8
Jacksonville 8-8
Tennessee 5-11

AFC West
Denver 11-5
San Diego 10-6
Kansas City 7-9
Oakland 2-14

1.   Indianapolis
2.   New England
3.   Denver
4.   Cincinnati
5.   San Diego
6.   Miami

Wild Card
Miami Defeats Denver

Divisional

Conference

NFC East
Philadelphia 10-6
Dallas 8-8
Washington 7-9
New York 5-11

NFC North
Green Bay 9-7
Chicago 9-7
Detroit 6-10
Minnesota 4-12

NFC South
Carolina 13-3
New Orleans 10-6
Tampa Bay 6-10
Atlanta 5-11

NFC West
San Francisco 11-5
Seattle 9-7
Saint Louis 8-8
Arizona 6-10

1.   Carolina
2.   San Francisco
3.   Philadelphia
4.   Green Bay
5.   New Orleans
6.   Seattle

Wild Card

Divisional
Carolina Defeats Seattle

Conference

Put the pipe down, dude....

49ers are at least another year away from contending for a playoff berth.

The Dolphins may be in the playoff hunt...if Trent Green produces.

However, New England is coming out of the AFC.
NFC is wide open, in my opinion.  Any of a number of teams could get to Glendale. 

J. McHog

Quote from: Richard_white on July 06, 2007, 02:59:20 pm
Quote from: HenduHog on July 06, 2007, 02:53:31 pm

They don't have to finish last to get DMac.  The reason why we traded our pick for Cleveland 08 first round pick.  We have a good chance to get anyone we want in the first round with 2 picks.

One can only hope that the Brownies will have that miracle season and win the Super Bowl, thus insuring two things. 1) shocking the entire world and 2) keeping the Cowboys from getting McFadden.

Big Papa Satan

The Browns are gonna suck, obviously. 

McFadden will do well in Dallas.  He'll have a few Landry Trophies before his career is over.

RebelliousHog

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on July 06, 2007, 06:02:32 pm
The Browns are gonna suck, obviously. 

McFadden will do well in Dallas.  He'll have a few Landry Trophies before his career is over.

Prolly right about the Browns. Hopefully a GOOD team will get DMac.

RebelliousHog

Deon Anderson 5-11 249 R Connecticut
Marion Barber III 6-0 220 2 Minnesota
Julius Jones 5-10 211 3   Notre Dame
Lousaka Polite 6-0 248    2 Pittsburgh
Tyson Thompson 6-1 220    2 San Jose State

Looking at the current stable they could use a upgrade at RB. Nice guys, but.................

Problems gonna be where will Clev. finish. Do they, indeed, suck so bad as to be last, or will they pull off an upset or 2 and move the 'girls out of position to get DMac. I would just hate to root against DMac if he went to the 'girls, but would have to.

Big Papa Satan

Thompson's wicked fast, but he's not an every down back.  Neither is Barber, but he has a nose for the endzone.  He's a good redzone back.

Anderson I know nothing about, Polite is a marginal player, and it's becoming obvious that Jones is not a #1 tailback. Although, he's perfect if you want an RB who is fantastic at finding a place on the field to fall down.

Rooka

Boardon Hamsay

July 07, 2007, 10:55:47 am #25 Last Edit: July 08, 2007, 02:40:11 pm by rlh06
AFC East
New England 12-4
Miami 10-6
New York 7-9
Buffalo 4-12

AFC North
Cincinnati 10-6
Baltimore 9-7
Pittsburgh 7-9
Cleveland 5-11

AFC South
Indianapolis 12-4
Houston 8-8
Jacksonville 8-8
Tennessee 5-11

AFC West
Denver 11-5
San Diego 10-6
Kansas City 7-9
Oakland 2-14

1.   Indianapolis
2.   New England
3.   Denver
4.   Cincinnati
5.   San Diego
6.   Miami

Wild Card
Miami Defeats Denver

Divisional

Conference

NFC East
Philadelphia 10-6
Dallas 8-8
Washington 7-9
New York 5-11

NFC North
Green Bay 9-7
Chicago 9-7
Detroit 6-10
Minnesota 4-12

NFC South
Carolina 13-3
New Orleans 10-6
Tampa Bay 6-10
Atlanta 5-11

NFC West
San Francisco 11-5
Seattle 9-7
Saint Louis 8-8
Arizona 6-10

1.   Carolina
2.   San Francisco
3.   Philadelphia
4.   Green Bay
5.   New Orleans
6.   Seattle

Wild Card

Divisional
Carolina Defeats Seattle

Conference

Hhmm, I have to give you props for the bold predictions.  I do think San Fran will snag the west this year.  They made some nice moves on defense.  Seattle and St. Louis will finish 2nd, and 3rd out West, and Arizona, despite great talent, will continue to disappoint.  The NFC should be comparatively weak again and I see the Saints coming out on top to go to the SB over Da Bears.  Dallas grabs the other Div and Philly and Seattle grab the wild cards.

I can't see Miami as a contender, even with Trent Green, just too much talent in the AFC that should be better.  I will say this for Miami, their schedule isn't too tough early, but their last three will be tough when trying to get a wild card spot.  I see New England, Baltimore, San Diego, Indy, getting the Div nods with Cincy and Tennessee getting the wild card spots.  Cincy is a question mark because it seems each arrest equals a loss.  When the dust settles San Diego goes to the SB to play the Saints.  Bolts win 32-24.

Of course, next week I'll probably reconsider all of the above.  ;D Either way, I'm ready for some football.

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

hog_heaven_2000

July 13, 2007, 04:18:50 pm #26 Last Edit: July 13, 2007, 04:21:00 pm by hog_heaven_2000
AFC East
New England
New York
Miami
Buffalo

AFC North
Baltimore
Cincinnati
Pittsburgh
Cleveland

AFC South
Indianapolis
Jacksonville
Tennessee
Houston

AFC West
San Diego
Denver
Kansas City
Oakland

1. Indianapolis
2. San Diego
3. New England
4. Baltimore
5. Denver
6. Cincinnati

Wild Card
Denver Defeats Baltimore

Divisional
New England Defeats San Diego
Indianapolis Defeats Denver

Conference
New England Defeats Indianapolis

NFC East
Philadelphia
Dallas
New York
Washington

NFC North
Chicago
Green Bay
Detroit
Minnesota

NFC South
New Orleans
Carolina
Atlanta
Tampa Bay

NFC West
Seattle
San Francisco
Saint Louis
Arizona

1. Philadelphia
2. New Orleans
3. Seattle
4. Chicago
5. Carolina
6. Dallas

Wild Card
Seattle Defeats Dallas
Carolina Defeats Chicago

Divisional
Philadelphia Defeats Carolina
New Orleans Defeats Seattle

Conference
Philadelphia Defeats New Orleans

Super Bowl XLII
New England 23
Philadelphia  20
"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."