Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogs ranked 16 in recruiting

Started by Music City Hog, August 22, 2016, 07:14:49 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Music City Hog

Seebs

Lots of two stars there still - can only go up once Rivals gets its one of its four reporters to assess them.

Still nauseous from clicking a Rivals link ... Pepto time
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

At least half of our class will be bumped up to 4*'s before the season is over. Could be our highest ranked class yet!
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Music City Hog

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on August 22, 2016, 08:22:25 am
At least half of our class will be bumped up to 4*'s before the season is over. Could be our highest ranked class yet!

At least half our class will not be bumped to 4*s.

ricepig

Quote from: Music City Hog on August 22, 2016, 08:34:11 am

I would agree with this, but I also don't care where they get ranked.

The_Boot_stops_here

Won't happen.  Will be a typically Arkansas class.  Ranked somewhere from 22-30

The_Boot_stops_here

Btw, currently ranked 24 in the 24/7 composite and 20 by 24/7

King Kong

This will most likely be CBB's lowest ranked class. But the staff feels great about the guy we got

rzrbk4life

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on August 22, 2016, 10:09:42 am
Won't happen.  Will be a typically Arkansas class.  Ranked somewhere from 22-30

Yep. This is how I see it playing out as well. Keep recruiting quality players, build depth, improve walk-on program, I think we'll be just fine.
Let's call those hogs!!!!

gmarv

colbs

Quote from: King Kong on August 22, 2016, 10:57:15 am
This will most likely be CBB's lowest ranked class. But the staff feels great about the guy we got
Based on what?  I imagine it will be right around where the other classes were ranked.

King Kong

Quote from: colbs on August 22, 2016, 12:33:07 pm
Based on what?  I imagine it will be right around where the other classes were ranked.

Based on us most likely having the lowest number of 4 and 5 star players that CBB has had in any class

Don't get me wrong it will still be in the same 20-33 area. But this will not be one CBB highest based on recruiting rankings

hawginbigd1

I see at least 4 that will, and I believe all of 2s become 3s. I think this is going to be anywhere from 15-25 depending on who we finish with. A Baron Browning, or a Chevin Calloway types to finish off would put us at that top end.

Wildhog

We'll end up ranked around where we usually are.  Don't know why people sweat these rankings.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on August 22, 2016, 01:09:33 pm
I see at least 4 that will, and I believe all of 2s become 3s. I think this is going to be anywhere from 15-25 depending on who we finish with. A Baron Browning, or a Chevin Calloway types to finish off would put us at that top end.

Literally no interest from Browning

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

hawginbigd1

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on August 22, 2016, 01:45:22 pm
Literally no interest from Browning
Long ways to Feb., he was just an example really that was on top of my brain.

Music City Hog

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on August 22, 2016, 03:40:01 pm
15th. currently, per your link.

Someone must have had a decommit today because it was 16. 

Scott7703

We should finish in the top 25. Don't see us staying in the top 15.

longpig

Quote from: Seebs on August 22, 2016, 07:45:59 am
Lots of two stars there still - can only go up once Rivals gets its one of its four reporters to assess them.

They have that many reporters?
Don't be scared, be smart.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Seebs on August 22, 2016, 07:45:59 am

That may happen soon because apparently one of their four reporters has reassessed the ranking of 2017 Razorback basketball commitment Darious Hall and bumped him up from a 3 star to a 4 star.

So now, all of our 2017 basketball commitments are 4 stars, according to ESPN, although I'm sure Darious' skill set remains the same regardless of ESPN's re-evaluation.

Some may be happier after ESPN gave it's blessing, and although I'm glad for the recognition given to one of our recruits, I was more impressed by the recognition Darious earned from our coaching staff in the form of a committable offer. Feel pretty much the same about all of Coach Bielema's recruits as well.

Cole Kelley was a three star and he doesn't seem to be letting that define his play on the field.
Hogs up! Covid down!

Music City Hog

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: FineAsSwine on August 23, 2016, 12:10:15 pm
That may happen soon because apparently one of their four reporters has reassessed the ranking of 2017 Razorback basketball commitment Darious Hall and bumped him up from a 3 star to a 4 star.

So now, all of our 2017 basketball commitments are 4 stars, according to ESPN, although I'm sure Darious' skill set remains the same regardless of ESPN's re-evaluation.

Some may be happier after ESPN gave it's blessing, and although I'm glad for the recognition given to one of our recruits, I was more impressed by the recognition Darious earned from our coaching staff in the form of a committable offer. Feel pretty much the same about all of Coach Bielema's recruits as well.

Cole Kelley was a three star and he doesn't seem to be letting that define his play on the field.
Cole Kelley was a four star. Why pick his lowest rating to quote? Hogville always does that. You mention ESPN but dont give Cole's ESPN ranking (4*). And, they were obviously right- Dude ain't no 3*.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Seebs

I will delight in the daily update of this thread.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

Music City Hog

Quote from: Seebs on August 23, 2016, 04:36:07 pm
I will delight in the daily update of this thread.

There won't be daily updates.  We went from ranked 29 to 15 overnight which was a significant enough jump to be thread worthy.  I just found it funny that we then dropped back to 19 within hours.

We can reexamine around the beginning of the year or so.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Music City Hog on August 23, 2016, 05:23:27 pm
There won't be daily updates.  We went from ranked 29 to 15 overnight which was a significant enough jump to be thread worthy.  I just found it funny that we then dropped back to 19 within hours.

We can reexamine around the beginning of the year or so.
While it's always interesting to follow where various schools sit at this time of the year, it's still kind of useless. We all know that there are plenty of kids who've not yet even committed and we've seen several top kids decommit from Meeccchhheggan just in the last day or so (shocking I know with Harbaugh there, but true). In addition, we'll continue to have players begin reevaluated/rerated over the next several months. Heck, just today we had one of our own commits, Chase Hayden, upgraded on 24/7 from a 3 to 4 star. Sit back and enjoy the slugfest and argument over where each school's class truly ranks.

Wildhog

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on August 23, 2016, 04:35:27 pm
Cole Kelley was a four star. Why pick his lowest rating to quote? Hogville always does that. You mention ESPN but dont give Cole's ESPN ranking (4*). And, they were obviously right- Dude ain't no 3*.

A lot of people just use the service that they normally use.  Everybody's got one.  Don't know why you ALWAYS get so up in arms about it.  What difference does it make?
1909/1964/1965/1977

ricepig

Quote from: Wildhog on August 23, 2016, 06:17:37 pm
A lot of people just use the service that they normally use.  Everybody's got one.  Don't know why you ALWAYS get so up in arms about it.  What difference does it make?

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Wildhog on August 23, 2016, 06:17:37 pm
He literally said he was using ESPN. He said ESPN 3 times. He never said rivals, 247, or scout once. On ESPN Cole is a 4*. He said it to prove a point so he changed it to 3*. I called him on it.

Just sayin.

Seebs

ricepig

jgphillips3

This is shaping up to be another solid and salty class.  when your program is full of great football players, sometimes you only need that one elite class to win a title.  I like where we are headed.

Seebs

Weekend almost here. Anticipation is palpable 

Pig in the Pokey

Wildhog

We'll finish between 20 and 35. 

-Nostradumbass
1909/1964/1965/1977

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Wildhog on August 26, 2016, 06:00:37 pm
We'll finish between 20 and 35. 

-Nostradumbass

Excellent work. 
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Pig in the Pokey

Weekend report.

Ole Miss- #38, 12 total recruits averaging 2.8star.

Petrino's bunch- 1 4*, #36 overall

ha friggin ha, hoz

wildhogman

If half the remaining 3*'s get bumped to go along with the 4*'s we already have, well that's a pretty good class

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on August 27, 2016, 01:36:48 pm
Weekend report.

ha friggin ha, hoz

Except that's pretty typical for BP.  He will still probably outperform that ranking on the field. 

I'm betting not for what's his name at OM.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on August 27, 2016, 01:36:48 pm
Weekend report.

ha friggin ha, hoz
It will be interesting to see where Ole Misery finally ends up. One thing I can't see helping them at least this year are the allegations of various misdeeds by the NCAA. It may take a while for anything to be resolved, however, it AIN'T going to work in their favor in the meantime.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on August 27, 2016, 03:22:24 pm
It will be interesting to see where Ole Misery finally ends up. One thing I can't see helping them at least this year are the allegations of various misdeeds by the NCAA. It may take a while for anything to be resolved, however, it AIN'T going to work in their favor in the meantime.
funny how when they cant openly pay players they drop back to the traditional 30-something Ole Piss ranking.

lefty08

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on August 27, 2016, 05:42:14 pm
funny how when they cant openly pay players they drop back to the traditional 30-something Ole Piss ranking.

And yet arkansas fans expect rankings inside the top 15
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

Pork Twain

Why do we still use Rivals and Scout?  Is it just because they might be giving us the highest ranking at a specific time?
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

3kgthog

Quote from: lefty08 on August 28, 2016, 08:14:22 am
And yet arkansas fans expect rankings inside the top 15

With the facilities, conference we're in, BB's draft results, and solid recent on-field success, I don't think expecting a top 15 class is that far fetched. If classes were broken down by position, we've probably been top 15 at OL, TE, DL, and RB. I keep hoping that someday we'll start having that kind of success with LB, WR, and DB.

East TN HAWG

If we start wining and continue to recruit the exact same players, our recruiting rating will go up 10 spots.  Recruiting ratings are about sales more than they are about evaluation. Wining teams sell more subscriptions. 

jackflash

I think most likely are two stars will move up to three stars. we may I have one or two move  to four stars

Medic821

Wildhog

Quote from: 3kgthog on August 29, 2016, 07:41:46 am
With the facilities, conference we're in, BB's draft results, and solid recent on-field success, I don't think expecting a top 15 class is that far fetched. If classes were broken down by position, we've probably been top 15 at OL, TE, DL, and RB. I keep hoping that someday we'll start having that kind of success with LB, WR, and DB.

Recent on-field success?  Are you talking about '10 and '11?
1909/1964/1965/1977

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: East TN HAWG on August 29, 2016, 09:37:57 am
If we start wining and continue to recruit the exact same players, our recruiting rating will go up 10 spots.  Recruiting ratings are about sales more than they are about evaluation. Wining teams sell more subscriptions. 

Winning teams recruit better players.  It's a big part of why they win.  Arkansas doesn't attract top 15 classes. That won't change based on how many subscriptions are sold