Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wednesday bits

Started by Richard Davenport, August 17, 2016, 09:12:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Richard Davenport

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Huds_HawgTide

"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

The_Boot_stops_here

Anyone else find the wording on the Brian Williams tidbit interesting?

ricepig

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on August 17, 2016, 10:07:08 am
Anyone else find the wording on the Brian Williams tidbit interesting?

No

Huds_HawgTide

He is there to support his brother...he is there many wi see a whole lot of.our passion first hand
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: Huds_HawgTide on August 17, 2016, 12:47:46 pm
He is there to support his brother...he is there many wi see a whole lot of.our passion first hand

This is what I was referring to in the earlier post.  May be nothing at all.  Just thought the wording was interesting

SkeeterHawg

Seebs

Quote from: SkeeterHawg on August 17, 2016, 11:11:40 pm
That board won't let me on, tired of trying.

Me as well. Have a paper subscription and a member here - neither user ID or password work. I figure if something important breaks I will read it in either place
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

ricepig

Quote from: Seebs on August 18, 2016, 06:56:15 am
Me as well. Have a paper subscription and a member here - neither user ID or password work. I figure if something important breaks I will read it in either place

I haven't had any problem, only an ADG subscriber. I think I had to login a time or two recently instead of it "remembering" me. There isn't enough info over there to visit too often, pretty slow.

hawgXi

Quote from: Seebs on August 18, 2016, 06:56:15 am

exactly the same with me.

Peter Porker

I'm not going to join that site. I don't see the point. I really don't want to be bothered by the Dim Gaze asking me for a subscription.

Hey Wally, when your paper starts looking local again, instead of looking like the USA Today, I'll consider a subscription. It's a crying shame local  high school sports don't get covered by the local paper anymore. At least not like the Dim Gaze of NWA where there seems to be a beat writer for each high school.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

ricepig

Quote from: Peter Porker on August 18, 2016, 09:46:21 am
I'm not going to join that site. I don't see the point. I really don't want to be bothered by the Dim Gaze asking me for a subscription.

Hey Wally, when your paper starts looking local again, instead of looking like the USA Today, I'll consider a subscription. It's a crying shame local  high school sports don't get covered by the local paper anymore. At least not like the Dim Gaze of NWA where there seems to be a beat writer for each high school.

That's what the local Cabot papers for, do you know how many high schools are in the state? Maybe you could start a Central Arkansas paper for the area schools?

Peter Porker

Quote from: ricepig on August 18, 2016, 09:53:32 am
That's what the local Cabot papers for, do you know how many high schools are in the state? Maybe you could start a Central Arkansas paper for the area schools?

The Dim Gaze used to cover high schools better than they do now. It's no wonder their subscriptions are dropping.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

ricepig

Quote from: Peter Porker on August 18, 2016, 10:18:26 am
The Dim Gaze used to cover high schools better than they do now. It's no wonder their subscriptions are dropping.

Subscriptions are dropping due to interwebs. Outside of a few investigative articles that takes research, the newspaper is a day old news cycle. I laugh when my 90 year old Mom tells me the weather forecast from the paper, lol.

The_Boot_stops_here

While the message boards at whole hog aren't that busy yet, there is a lot of content on the site that I enjoy so far. Then again, I like the ArkDemGaz to so...

theFlyingHog

Quote from: ricepig on August 18, 2016, 10:53:55 am
Subscriptions are dropping due to interwebs. Outside of a few investigative articles that takes research, the newspaper is a day old news cycle. I laugh when my 90 year old Mom tells me the weather forecast from the paper, lol.
I dropped my subscription bc the paper sucks. It's garbage. And it sounds like I'm not the only one who thinks so.

ricepig

Quote from: theFlyingHog on August 18, 2016, 12:48:24 pm
I dropped my subscription bc the paper sucks. It's garbage. And it sounds like I'm not the only one who thinks so.

Well, where do you go to read the obituaries???

HappyFan

Quote from: Richard Davenport on August 17, 2016, 09:23:24 am
It's working. It's free info.

I'm sorry but If I have to give any of my personal information then it is not free.  I understand that you need to generate advertisement dollars and the subscriptions do that but regardless of whether you charge or not, if you are asking for something in return it is not free.

ricepig

Quote from: HappyFan on August 18, 2016, 02:30:54 pm
I'm sorry but If I have to give any of my personal information then it is not free.  I understand that you need to generate advertisement dollars and the subscriptions do that but regardless of whether you charge or not, if you are asking for something in return it is not free.

It's not free here, either.

ARtillahog

rzrbackramsfan

sshawg

I've registered three separate times.  Still can't get in.