Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kisean Nixon

Started by jwilliamson67, August 10, 2016, 07:03:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jwilliamson67

Anyone got any scoop on kisean nixon.

Got down to final four. He was gonna announce August 1 then he said he was gonna postpone his decision date. Then crickets.

whoopigLakeCity

For what it's worth his Twitter profile pic has him in a Hogs jersey

secneahog

Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

ADavisTheGOAT

Seems to me like he wants to commit to Arkansas but his offer isn't committable right now.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

GrizzlyRider07

For some reason and I may be over thinking it but I don't think he has a comfortable offer get yet either and I'm just basing that solely on him not saying he had his official off from us like the other ones he did
Dont Talk, Just Act.
Don't Say, Just Show.
Don't Promise, Just Prove!

Dominicanhog

Quote from: GrizzlyRider07 on August 10, 2016, 11:01:02 pm
For some reason and I may be over thinking it but I don't think he has a comfortable offer get yet either and I'm just basing that solely on him not saying he had his official off from us like the other ones he did

what?

ricepig

Hawgar The Horrible

WAKE UP!!! You're not going to spend all day in bed sleeping it off.
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

Vantage 8 dude

For those of us who do not speak political gibberish/double talk could you please interpret in plain English ???

Biggus Piggus

I think he tried to write "committable" and auto-correct turned it into "comfortable."
[CENSORED]!

whoopigLakeCity

Can someone please explain he has a offer. This BS of a committable offer is crap. An offer is a offer correct?

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: whoopigLakeCity on August 11, 2016, 01:53:05 pm
Can someone please explain he has a offer. This BS of a committable offer is crap. An offer is a offer correct?

Not necessarily.  There are cases where there may be a young man who has been offered and would like to commit but the staff may tell him he needs to hold off due to someone else who may be legitimately on the board that they like better or due to commits/de-commits since the offer was extended. 

whoopigLakeCity

That's a slap in the face either an offer is an offer or its not. Being as the talent being what it is with this offer if he wants to commit there is no way coach BB would ever hold off on accepting his commitment.

31to6

Quote from: whoopigLakeCity on August 11, 2016, 03:03:45 pm
That's a slap in the face either an offer is an offer or its not. Being as the talent being what it is with this offer if he wants to commit there is no way coach BB would ever hold off on accepting his commitment.
Almost all offers have some sort of contingency.

You can't just offer exactly 25 guys and then wait for them to say no before you offer someone else.

Take a look at Michigan State's offer list: http://michiganstate.247sports.com/Season/2017-Football/Offers

173 offers for 2017, including 14 WR who are still uncommitted. Now clearly if all 14 of those players tried to commit, MSU would accept enough to fit their needs and have the rest look elsewhere.

What you and I do not see is that the coaching staff is communicating with these athletes regularly (if they are doing their job well) and making sure they understand what their situation is. Some players know that if they commit, it will be accepted at that time. Others know that the staff would like them to wait to see how things shake out.

The recruits know how things work. They know that when they are offered there are sometimes contingencies in place.

As long as the coaches handle it professionally and with respect there is no slap in the face at all.

ricepig

Quote from: whoopigLakeCity on August 11, 2016, 03:03:45 pm

Wrong, Bielema has said offers, out of state, are subject to the first "X number" to commit at a certain position. We may 16 WR offers out, but the first "5" that commit eliminate the rest, if that is our number. They take certain guys, no matter the number of commits at that position, but it's rare. There was a DB from Florida that had an offer, but committed to FAU the other day, we filled up when Brown committed at S. I'm wondering if this isn't the same deal.

RedyorNot

Hopefully this means we're getting an official with Brad Stewart out of NOLA.

jjdlc

Quote from: ricepig on August 11, 2016, 04:33:48 pm

Wrong, Bielema has said offers, out of state, are subject to the first "X number" to commit at a certain position. We may 16 WR offers out, but the first "5" that commit eliminate the rest, if that is our number. They take certain guys, no matter the number of commits at that position, but it's rare. There was a DB from Florida that had an offer, but committed to FAU the other day, we filled up when Brown committed at S. I'm wondering if this isn't the same deal.

I think so, we already have several DBs on board, so the coaches are probably a bit more selective about who can commit.

There are only 25 spots available, it's actually nice to be in this position this early.

whoopigLakeCity

Ok I understand the whole offering to more and take what you can get on board. What I guess I'm questioning is a DB of Nixon caliber why would his offer not be committable? Do we really have the talent to turn away a Lock down DB? If so please enlighten me cause as I feel they will be better this season but we still lack lock down talent we need to win Championships.

ricepig

Quote from: whoopigLakeCity on August 11, 2016, 09:18:46 pm
Ok I understand the whole offering to more and take what you can get on board. What I guess I'm questioning is a DB of Nixon caliber why would his offer not be committable? Do we really have the talent to turn away a Lock down DB? If so please enlighten me cause as I feel they will be better this season but we still lack lock down talent we need to win Championships.

So, is he more of a lockdown corner than others already committed? I leave that judgment up to the coaches, I'm not qualified to make it.

tusksincolorado

I remember the days of Nutt when we called his athletes in waiting "low hanging fruit 2 star players". Now we are complaining about talented players TRYING to get on the bandwagon!

Man, how wonderful it is that the Razorback culture has changed!

GO HAWGS!  :razorback:
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

Arthur pigby sellers.

His junior college rank is good, and his offers are ok but not what you see for elite can't miss talent. I'm sure he's a great CB, but the offer list does not compare to his TE teammate we have committed.

kp72204

Someone in the know tell me this....... Is this guy better than the guy who spurned us for Florida? Who's better...Nixon or Putu?

RedyorNot

August 13, 2016, 10:02:58 pm #22 Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 11:00:58 am by RedyorNot
Quote from: kp72204 on August 13, 2016, 09:24:27 pm
Someone in the know tell me this....... Is this guy better than the guy who spurned us for Florida? Who's better...Nixon or Putu?
[/quote

.842 vs. .835. #4 juco CB vs. #11.

JackJohnson

If Nixon was as good as you say he is coupled with the fact he is a JC which in theory would mean immediate impact he would have more then just Ark and Kentucky SEC offers

Oklahawg

Quote from: JackJohnson on August 14, 2016, 05:39:24 pm
If Nixon was as good as you say he is coupled with the fact he is a JC which in theory would mean immediate impact he would have more then just Ark and Kentucky SEC offers

JUCOs have increased value if you can get them on campus in January. If there is any worry about the transcript, or they are having to take a bunch of classes to graduate early, the "conditional" part of the offer may be that he graduates in December. After that, they might prefer a true freshman who can come in at the same time as a May JUCO graduate.

EDIT: Need to add, when you only get two years with a player, and they miss out on the spring before year one, you are really only getting one year of development. That type of player needs to be fully "ready to go." UA fans are well aware of JUCOs who are great as seniors but spin their tires for half of their junior year. Dominique Reed, Jeremiah Ledbetter, and Martrell Spaight are all three prime examples.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Richard Davenport

Anything can change, but Arkansas has four DBs on board. If they add another DB, I think they're looking more towards the high school level now.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: Richard Davenport on August 18, 2016, 09:50:04 am
Anything can change, but Arkansas has four DBs on board. If they add another DB, I think they're looking more towards the high school level now.

RD, nice when you clarify these lingering questions... ;D

The_Boot_stops_here

Not surprised.  Thanks RD

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol