Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mamma Wagner approves of son's decision

Started by Richard Davenport, August 09, 2016, 11:11:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Vantage 8 dude

Not sure why any parent who really an truly cares about the atmosphere, environment, and coaching staff their son would be around for the four to five years of his college career wouldn't give the Hogs a very long and serious look. Not saying that every kid would eventually choose to play on the Hill, however, as far as a genuine and caring environment to develop all types of positive life skills I believe every recruit would be hard pressed to find a better setting.

longpig

I don't know, some parents may judge programs negatively because of the number of run on sentences composed on it's fan boards.
Don't be scared, be smart.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: longpig on August 09, 2016, 02:48:35 pm
I don't know, some parents may judge programs negatively because of the number of run on sentences composed on it's fan boards.
Sound word of advice: Get over it!!

tampahog

Wow !!!  What are the rules regarding moms talking to moms of other recruits ?  She sounds like she could be a great ambassador.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: tampahog on August 09, 2016, 03:22:59 pm
Wow !!!  What are the rules regarding moms talking to moms of other recruits ?  She sounds like she could be a great ambassador.
It certainly couldn't hurt. ;)

Hawgar The Horrible

Who was it claiming few parents give a damn about academic support systems a couple of months ago? I remember who you are.
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

Biggus Piggus

[CENSORED]!

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on August 09, 2016, 07:02:31 pm

...composed on it is fan boards. Like Burger Kings in Salt Lake City when they ask "For to here or go?"
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

SamBuckhart

Welcome to Arkansas, Nancy Wagner! Wooo Pig to you.  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

longpig

August 10, 2016, 07:52:11 pm #10 Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 08:08:14 pm by longpig
Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on August 09, 2016, 07:21:42 pm
...composed on it is fan boards. Like Burger Kings in Salt Lake City when they ask "For to here or go?"

I don't think you fully understand what 's means.

Calling All Hogs

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on August 09, 2016, 07:02:31 pm
it's

Lol. Good catch BP. Nothing like a grammar Nazi not knowing the proper use of apostrophes while criticizing the grammar of others. :)

kodiakisland

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on August 09, 2016, 12:35:18 pm
Not sure why any parent who really an truly cares about the atmosphere, environment, and coaching staff their son would be around for the four to five years of his college career wouldn't give the Hogs a very long and serious look. Not saying that every kid would eventually choose to play on the Hill, however, as far as a genuine and caring environment to develop all types of positive life skills I believe every recruit would be hard pressed to find a better setting.

Unfortunately, some parents are more interested in a paycheck than the well being of their offspring.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

The OTR

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: kodiakisland on August 11, 2016, 05:08:56 am
Unfortunately, some parents are more interested in a paycheck than the well being of their offspring.
Yes, unfortunately in some cases that's true. Truly sad for the young man.

FreshHog

Quote from: longpig on August 10, 2016, 07:52:11 pm
I don't think you fully understand what 's means.

We sure know you don't.  :puke:

http://grammarist.com/spelling/its-its/

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on August 10, 2016, 11:07:39 pm
Lol. Good catch BP. Nothing like a grammar Nazi not knowing the proper use of apostrophes while criticizing the grammar of others. :)

To be fair he didnt make a grammar mistake. He made a spelling mistake. Either way IT'S sad.

longpig

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on August 10, 2016, 11:07:39 pm

It's unfortunate that it's moderators don't fully understand the proper use of it's. ;D

ricepig

Quote from: longpig on August 13, 2016, 11:31:10 am
It's unfortunate that it's moderators don't fully understand the proper use of it's. ;D

who/whom

longpig

Quote from: FreshHog on August 12, 2016, 10:26:50 pm
We sure know you don't.  :puke:

http://grammarist.com/spelling/its-its/

To be fair he didnt make a grammar mistake. He made a spelling mistake. Either way IT'S sad.

Alright you win.  I'm sure there's some place or time that agrees with me though, just not modern mainstream English.

DLUXHOG

"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

oldhawg

Bulletin boards are like conversations.  As long as we get the meaning, we don't normally stop folks in mid-sentence simply to correct a word or sentax ---- at least I don't, maybe some of you do.

DOGALUM

#woopig indeed.

Great answers from Mamma Wagner.   What she said about "no excuses" was awesome.  Awesome that she feels that way, and awesome that things are such on the hill as to make her feel that way.   What a wonderful advocate for this program!
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

Pulled(PP)pork

2 questions....

1. was that someone behind the recruit or is that a permamullet?

2.  if he is 6'9", how tall is momma??

PP

DLUXHOG

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on August 13, 2016, 01:40:13 pm
2 questions....

1. was that someone behind the recruit or is that a permamullet?

2.  if he is 6'9", how tall is momma??

PP

She's gotta be at least 6'-1"
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on August 09, 2016, 12:35:18 pm

Kids have to sign on the dotted line too, and many are attracted to elite programs located reasonably close to home.  I don't live in a vacuum.  I suspect there are a number of programs that offer what you describe...plus win on a high level.  It probably ain't easy discerning among programs that are basically selling, telling, you the same things.  Making the same promises. 

In the end, all things seemingly equal, a kid will likely go to the more winning program closer to home.  That's shown to be true year in and year out.  Unfortunate, we do not reside near high concentrations of talent, and we have not won at a high level.  And I suspect momm's and daddy's, while offering guidance, let their kids ultimately make the call.  We aren't attractive enough to the more talented kids.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

FreshHog

Quote from: oldhawg on August 13, 2016, 12:49:50 pm
Bulletin boards are like conversations.  As long as we get the meaning, we don't normally stop folks in mid-sentence simply to correct a word or sentax ---- at least I don't, maybe some of you do.

I only do it when someone else does it, and then they Frank up in the process.