Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I'm a little Giddy

Started by Piggfoot, July 27, 2016, 06:04:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Piggfoot

I've been following the Razorbacks for over 50 years and and since the sixties I've never been more excited about the direction and leadership of this program than I am now.

Of course the reporting is a hundred times more complete than back then and sites like this are constantly reporting about recruits. I honestly I think some of it is accurate.

What amazes me most is we are going head to head with some of the " big boys".
Maybe we did back then but I just didn't know it.

Now don't get me wrong, I appreciate any kid who wants to be a Hog but it's a little more exciting to hear we beat out a Georgia Tech as opposed to a La Tech or Arkansas Tech. Apologies to those kids who were only recruited by the smaller schools and went on to be great Razorbacks.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for another good year. Go Hogs!!!!
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

flagstaffhog

Go HOGS Go!

Cinco de Hogo

There are many many years past when we had good recruits, good kids and good teams. 
The current situation is still fluid and could level out at a respectable level or could finally rise to a consistently exceptional level. 

ThisTeetsTaken

The main thing is that our recruiting classes are balanced with talented kids and they are being well developed and groomed for their chance to contribute.  No more years of not having serviceable kids at an entire position group or signing a class full of kids that end up not being on the team a year later.  Our head Hog knows what he is doing.  He's planning the work and working the plan.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

Huds_HawgTide

"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

HogMantheIntruder

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on July 27, 2016, 08:15:37 pm
There are many many years past when we had good recruits, good kids and good teams. 
The current situation is still fluid and could level out at a respectable level or could finally rise to a consistently exceptional level.
Well said.
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

mhuff

Quote from: Piggfoot on July 27, 2016, 06:04:42 pm
I've been following the Razorbacks for over 50 years and and since the sixties I've never been more excited about the direction and leadership of this program than I am now.

Of course the reporting is a hundred times more complete than back then and sites like this are constantly reporting about recruits. I honestly I think some of it is accurate.

What amazes me most is we are going head to head with some of the " big boys".
Maybe we did back then but I just didn't know it.

Now don't get me wrong, I appreciate any kid who wants to be a Hog but it's a little more exciting to hear we beat out a Georgia Tech as opposed to a La Tech or Arkansas Tech. Apologies to those kids who were only recruited by the smaller schools and went on to be great Razorbacks.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for another good year. Go Hogs!!!!

Ditto

Oklahawg

I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra