Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

RWIII's brother is looking like a future stud

Started by Airforcehawg, May 19, 2016, 12:42:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Airforcehawg

RD mentioned him today in his recruiting bits. 2019 Safety Prospect (6', 185lbs) w/9 offers...USC, Aurbun, and A&M among others

http://247sports.com/Player/Brian-Williams-91902

trphog

It's pretty impressive for a Sophomore to amass that kind of offer list. Hopefully he gives us a shot.

scooby21322

Any reason why we haven't offered?  Maybe that'll come at the camp this summer?

FraggleHog

Rawleigh Williams Jr! Can't wait to see his big brother tear it up this season
Calling the Hogs from DFW

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: scooby21322 on May 19, 2016, 03:14:30 pm
Any reason why we haven't offered?  Maybe that'll come at the camp this summer?

CBB is slow playing him almost 3 years out.  ;)
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

HogBreath

Quote from: Airforcehawg on May 19, 2016, 12:42:58 pm
RD mentioned him today in his recruiting bits. 2019 Safety Prospect (6', 185lbs) w/9 offers...USC, Aurbun, and A&M among others

http://247sports.com/Player/Brian-Williams-91902
It will set A&M and Auburn back when they replace their coaches.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

VirginiaHog

I would bet he gets an offer at camp. Hopefully he loves him some hogs.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: FraggleHog on May 19, 2016, 04:25:33 pm
Rawleigh Williams Jr! Can't wait to see his big brother tear it up this season
Dad is playing ?  :D
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

factchecker

Quote from: VirginiaHog on May 19, 2016, 10:27:16 pm
I would bet he gets an offer at camp. Hopefully he loves him some hogs.

I've read that he'll be at the Dallas camp.  Coach Bielema will most likely offer him there.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

FraggleHog

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on May 19, 2016, 10:31:12 pm
Dad is playing ?  :D

Haha! Just saying he looks like a carbon copy of his big bro...

HoneyNuttPetrinoos

Yes just waiting until camp..  I am pretty sure his has already been told that.  We have been on him longer than any other coach just b/c of his brother.  We will make it hard for him to turn us down. 

Smalltownhog95

After a certain Razorback brother *cough Malik Monk cough cough* I don't automatically assume we're going to get someone simply because a relative is on the team. But I remain hopeful that we already have an advantage with him.
Wait a minute this isn't chinese checkers.. This isn't even regular checkers!

FraggleHog

Quote from: Smalltownhog95 on May 24, 2016, 06:42:37 pm
After a certain Razorback brother *cough Malik Monk cough cough* I don't automatically assume we're going to get someone simply because a relative is on the team. But I remain hopeful that we already have an advantage with him.

Basketball and Football - Apples and Oranges IMO

scooby21322

Wingo's little brother also went elsewhere...

King Kong

Quote from: scooby21322 on May 26, 2016, 01:45:02 pm
Wingo's little brother also went elsewhere...

Different coaching staff recruited the 2

JackJohnson

ZERO reason we shouldn't have been the first to offer this kid given all we should already know about him since we are so big on extensive background work we have already got those checked off

Run_DMC

The 247 ranking for the 2019 class were just released. Brian Williams is the #1 overall safety and #3 overall prospect in the nation. We need to offer this kid immediately and hopefully RJ is doing his best to recruit his little brother. If these ranking continue to hold up and Brian likes what the Hogs have to offer like his older brother did then we could be looking at the highest touted commit in program history.

razorbacker3

Quote from: Run_DMC on August 04, 2016, 04:00:59 pm
The 247 ranking for the 2019 class were just released. Brian Williams is the #1 overall safety and #3 overall prospect in the nation. We need to offer this kid immediately and hopefully RJ is doing his best to recruit his little brother. If these ranking continue to hold up and Brian likes what the Hogs have to offer like his older brother did then we could be looking at the highest touted commit in program history.
I might be wrong ,but I think that Joe Ferguson was regarded as the no.1 player in his  H.S. class.

trashcan maN

Maudrecus Humphrey's little bro was a bigtime DB and went to Bama. Something tells me the Williams are cut from a different cloth though...

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on May 19, 2016, 04:26:52 pm
CBB is slow playing him almost 3 years out.  ;)

Looking at his offer list and his obvious tie to the program, I'm not sure I understand the "wink".

ADavisTheGOAT

Quote from: trashcan maN on August 04, 2016, 05:53:50 pm
Maudrecus Humphrey's little bro was a bigtime DB and went to Bama. Something tells me the Williams are cut from a different cloth though...
Hopefully Rawleigh doesn't transfer and their dad didn't play at Bama.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

Amityvillehogger

Sounds like Coach B and RW Sr. have a good relationship. That helps. The bond over the neck injury and that entire process surely brought the family and our coaches closer together.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

longpig

August 04, 2016, 09:23:28 pm #22 Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 09:51:20 pm by longpig
Quote from: JackJohnson on May 26, 2016, 03:47:11 pm
ZERO reason we shouldn't have been the first to offer this kid given all we should already know about him since we are so big on extensive background work we have already got those checked off

OMG he's class of 2019, all that matters right now is that we're developing a rapport with the kid.  I'm thankful that Coach B doesn't try to be the firstest with the mostest regarding offers.
Don't be scared, be smart.

greenie

Quote from: Amityvillehogger on August 04, 2016, 08:29:19 pm
Sounds like Coach B and RW Sr. have a good relationship. That helps. The bond over the neck injury and that entire process surely brought the family and our coaches closer together.

This is correct. CBB has developed a great relationship with this family. They raised their kids in a very disciplined environment and like how CBB runs a program based on discipline and accountability. No guarantees in recruiting, but we are in very good shape right now with Brian Williams.

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: greenie on August 04, 2016, 09:59:44 pm
This is correct. CBB has developed a great relationship with this family. They raised their kids in a very disciplined environment and like how CBB runs a program based on discipline and accountability. No guarantees in recruiting, but we are in very good shape right now with Brian Williams.

How do you know where we stand with Brian Williams?  No sarcasm, I just haven't seen much concerning him and the Hogs other than the obvious connection

AugustaHog

Quote from: greenie on August 04, 2016, 09:59:44 pm
Just reading comments from Mom regarding RWIII's injury, it seemed that she was appreciative of how CBB handled the whole situation.  I think he has shown that he truly cares about the kid and not just from a football standpoint.  It's a big deal knowing that someone is practicing what they preach.  There's a lot of telling people what they want to hear on the recruiting trail.  Brian may choose elsewhere, but it won't be because our staff didn't have a great relationship with the family.  They sound like really high quality people as well so you know Brian likely fits the mold of what CBB is looking for character-wise too.  He would be a big addition to our program.

greenie

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on August 05, 2016, 09:00:39 am
How do you know where we stand with Brian Williams?  No sarcasm, I just haven't seen much concerning him and the Hogs other than the obvious connection

No problem, and I understand the question.
I don't know how we stand in any way that is 100% verifiable, but I have friends in Dallas that have kids that go to school at Bishop Dunne.  They are the source of my *information*.  Take it for what its worth...maybe I'm overly optimistic, but Brian has 3 more years of high school football to play.  It's early.

onebadrubi

Consider this...  By the time this kid is ready to commit it will be Bielema's 7th recruiting class here.

East TN HAWG

I think it was RD that wrote a column, where Brian said something to the effect that he appreciated how CBB was handling RWIII through the spring.  He said that it shows CBB cares about his players.  Sounded real positive with Brian. 

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: greenie on August 05, 2016, 09:45:50 am
No problem, and I understand the question.
I don't know how we stand in any way that is 100% verifiable, but I have friends in Dallas that have kids that go to school at Bishop Dunne.  They are the source of my *information*.  Take it for what its worth...maybe I'm overly optimistic, but Brian has 3 more years of high school football to play.  It's early.

Great, thanks