Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tom Lemming has strong words about Bumper Pool

Started by Richard Davenport, July 07, 2017, 12:11:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

theFlyingHog

I wonder why I despise videos/audio as opposed to reading things.

SkeeterHawg

Yeah, I know what you mean. Didn't listen and wouldn't watch. I want to read.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: theFlyingHog on July 07, 2017, 08:11:11 pm

Me too. I'll wait for someone to summarize what was said  :(

biglewhog77

Richard a know respect the guy but he don't know what he's talking about. But I hate to say it but Bumper going to be to slow just like Brooks Elis

870hogfan

Quote from: biglewhog77 on July 07, 2017, 10:36:29 pm
Richard a know respect the guy but he don't know what he's talking about. But I hate to say it but Bumper going to be to slow just like Brooks Elis

You know this how?

presidenthog

sickboy

I'm guessing you haven't even seen a highlight reel of Pool?

sowmonella

Alabama, Arizona, LSU, Southern Cal and others must have been wrong. They all offered him a scholarship. He was also rated ****. I guess you are just smarter than everyone else.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

biglewhog77

July 08, 2017, 07:34:53 am #9 Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 08:05:19 am by biglewhog77
Between the tackles he will be an all American but he has to cover anyone he will be expose. All the schools that you listed just stockpile talent

ImHogginIt

Quote from: biglewhog77 on July 08, 2017, 07:34:53 am
Between the tackles he will be an American but he has to cover anyone he will be expose. All the schools that you listed just stockpile talent

He doesn't have to play between the tackles to be an American. I know for a fact he was borned in this country

biglewhog77

Quote from: ImHogginIt on July 08, 2017, 07:42:16 am
He doesn't have to play between the tackles to be an American. I know for a fact he was borned in this country

Sorry all american

rljjr

Sheryl Crow called. She wondered if you'd ever had a good day in your whole life.

a0ashle

I may be wrong, but even if he was slow, won't the 3-4 allow him to stay between the tackles anyway?

He won't be asked to do what Ellis was asked to do.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Between the tackles he will be an all American but he has to cover anyone he will be expose. All the schools that you listed just stockpile talent

Bumper received praise for his cover skills at every major camp he went to.

But continue to pump your bull

PorkRinds

Bruh can't even make a readable sentence. I think I'll take pretty much anyone else's word over his.

cosmodrum

Allbedam. Spin a bama offer and ar commit negatively. That's serious talent.
Go away, batin'

Oklahawg

Biglewhog77 is probably is trying to figure out how to create a highlight video for the kid next door who plays class A football as a 5-7 x 235 NG.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Oklahawg on July 08, 2017, 02:11:17 pm
Biglewhog77 is probably is trying to figure out how to create a highlight video for the kid next door who plays class A football as a 5-7 x 235 NG.
Nah, nah....he clearly stated that HE has a better highlight reel than does Bumper. As I said earlier this talent has obviously been kept under a rock, or would that be his natural home ???, 'cause I can't remember his name having been mentioned by any of those "phony, baloney" rating services or writers who really know nothing about assessing talent; and even if they did, it would ONLY be done to pump up their followers and hopefully get more subscribers.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: theFlyingHog on July 07, 2017, 08:11:11 pm

I agree, that stuff is just laziness. People are stupid.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

orgkeith

He ran a 5.0 forty at a combine and his rating has been going down on several sites.  Ellis ran a 4.8 at the NFL combine.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: orgkeith on July 08, 2017, 06:47:16 pm
He ran a 5.0 forty at a combine and his rating has been going down on several sites.  Ellis ran a 4.8 at the NFL combine.

Pool was the LB MVP of that combine

Again he received very good praise for his coverage ability. With for a LB is ability to play in space. Not straight line speed

sowmonella

24/7, Rivals and Scout show him as a 4 star. ESPN has him as a 3. What are these several sites you speak of?
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.

zane

Among the better rated LB commits we've had and people are griping

Amazing
RIP LSUfan

LRHawg

Quote from: zane on July 08, 2017, 10:01:21 pm

Amazing

But not at all surprising.

Vantage 8 dude

Well one can measure a kid's potential at success based on a number of things: forty times, vertical jump measurements, etc. However, one thing such things can't measure is a kid's attitude and desire. While I most certainly don't know the young man personally, from what I've read and heard is that he has an incredibly high positive level of both. And for me that's always a very positive sign. Besides, I don't consider myself to be an "expert" or "guru" at judging such talent. I'll leave that up to the folks who have far more experience and knowledge.

ricepig

4.75 was the fastest run that day by ILB, and that guy has zero stars and zero offers. The worse was a 5.25 or something like that. What has his ILB ranking done?

colbs

Quote from: zane on July 08, 2017, 10:01:21 pm

Amazing
Complain if a player doesn't have any big time offers or isn't rated highly.  Then complain if a player is highly rated.  Wins LB but complain he's too slow.  I think some of you would find something to complain about if Arkansas won a NC. 

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: colbs on July 09, 2017, 02:40:37 pm
Complain if a player doesn't have any big time offers or isn't rated highly.  Then complain if a player is highly rated.  Wins LB but complain he's too slow.  I think some of you would find something to complain about if Arkansas won a NC.
I KNOW there would be some who'd still complain even if the Hogs were to win it all. I'm convinced some folks are miserable by nature and just want everyone else around them to be the same.

ImHogginIt

Some folks can't accept that good things can happen to them. An inferiority complex is ingrained in many Arkansans DNA  :'(

theFlyingHog

And there's a lot of trolls around here. Need some Zyklon B showers around here

sowmonella

Quote from: theFlyingHog on July 09, 2017, 07:17:55 pm
And there's a lot of trolls around here. Need some Zyklon B showers around here

If that's some kind of ban the bums rain I'm all for it.

oldfart

from the videos above looked pretty good in coverage......

secneahog

Bumper Pool is a amazing athlete. He goes to the best camps and shows out. DC Chavis was ready to name Bumper the captain of his defense when he was recruiting him.

6'2 220 ILB that can attack AND COVER.  We're blessed to have Mr Pool a Hog. Anyone who downplays Pool is just showing their ignorance.  Don't be ignorant people   
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: secneahog on July 10, 2017, 10:45:22 am
Bumper Pool is a amazing athlete. He goes to the best camps and shows out. DC Chavis was ready to name Bumper the captain of his defense when he was recruiting him.

6'2 220 ILB that can attack AND COVER.  We're blessed to have Mr Pool a Hog. Anyone who downplays Pool is just showing their ignorance.  Don't be ignorant people
Some folks obviously just can't help it.

Youngsta71701

I think some of you would find something to complain about if Arkansas won a NC.
Come on man, of course they will. That's the hogville way. ;)
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Vantage 8 dude

I'm sure those of us who read biglewhog77's claim that his highlight film was better than Bumper's-that is before ole biglew apparently deleted that particular post-are still waiting with great anxiousness to see the promised clips. Then again, with so many choices to parse down to a manageable level I can most certainly see why it's taking him so long to deliver. However, let's not despair 'cause I'm sure it's only a matter of time before he delivers.  :P 8) :) :D ;D

Richard Davenport

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on July 11, 2017, 09:02:27 am
Come on man, of course they will. That's the hogville way. ;)

Every board has the doom and gloom types just like every board has the optimistic types too.

HAWG MAFIA

You could $hit 2lb gold bricks all day long for some people and they'd complain because they aren't big enough

Mike_e

Quote from: HAWG MAFIA on July 15, 2017, 06:34:27 pm
You could $hit 2lb gold bricks all day long for some people and they'd complain because they aren't big enough

Man-O-Man, you got that right.
The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

Tusks

you know there's nothing wrong with having a knock out ILB who needs to work on coverage.  It's nice if the DC schemes so that his ILB isn't having to cover a slot WR or split TE one on one all the way down the field.  as a matter of fact I thought that was kind of a standard way to scheme ones defense in the history of scheming defenses.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit