Grad transfer David Williams commits to the Hogs

Started by ADavisTheGOAT, June 16, 2017, 07:19:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ADavisTheGOAT

Former South Carolina RB David Williams
[tweet]875868707242815490[/tweet]
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

HoggusMaximus

Getting a grad transfer is awesome, having that maturity in the backfield can only help.

TheRazorback500

Good to hear! Badly needed depth at a critical position.

Do you wanna get Rocked?

rljjr

I don't know much about his rushing stats, but I imagine with his maturity he knows how to pass block, which is critical (this is not sarcastic).

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

PorkRinds

Sivad

HogWildBison2011

I like it! Kinda odd with the last name tho. First Jonathan Williams, R Williams, Maleek Williams, and now David Williams... and thats just RB. We also had a Joshua Williams at LB

factchecker

https://www.reddit.com/r/razorbacks/comments/6hqh4d/scar_grad_transfer_rb_david_williams_announces/

QuoteDavid Williams

All Purpose Back, Class of 2013

6-0.5, 204 lbs — From Philadelphia, PA (Imhotep Institute)

Rankings

SERVICE   RATING   POSITION   STATE   OVERALL
247           ★★★★☆   #8 APB   #7 in PA   #145 overall
Rivals   ★★★★☆   #21 RB   #8 in PA   -
Scout   ★★★★☆   #23 RB   #2 RB in PA   #192 overall
ESPN   ★★★★☆   #13 RB   #6 in PA   #131 overall
Composite   ★★★★☆   #8 APB   #7 in PA   #160 overall

Recruiting Offers:
- Arizona
- Arizona State
- Auburn
- Boston College
- California
- Connecticut
- Maryland
- Miami (FL)
- Michigan State
- NC State
- Nebraska
- Notre Dame
- Ohio State
- Penn State
- Pittsburgh
- Purdue
- Rutgers
- South Carolina
- Temple
- Tennessee
- UCF
- USC
- Villanova
- Virginia
- West Virginia
- Wisconsin
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

HardingHog

Welcome to the Hogs, Mr. Williams!

Nice addition to a backfield without much experience. This help in depth will possibly help keep us from having to put someone on the field who isn't completely ready for SEC level of play

King Kong

Apparently, he ran a Sub 4.4 one spring at South Carolina

yraciv

You know whats funny? My girlfriend actually talked to him on a flight to Philly last week, and he told her that he was heading to AR.  She said Williams something from SC and had dno idea his position, so I wish I could have said I knew this was coming, but I had no idea.

Arkamedes

Welcome to the Razorback Family, Mr. Williams! Here's hoping you're one of our next 1,000 yard rushers! Woo Pig!!
"The time is always right to do what is right." ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Rise above oneself and grasp the world." ~ Archimedes

Mike_e

I'd feel just turrable if he brought his playbook with him.  ;)
The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

NoogaHog

Quote from: Mike_e on June 17, 2017, 08:31:33 am
I'd feel just turrable if he brought his playbook with him.  ;)

I envision Coach Muschamp's playbook with about 300 defensive schemes and the offense section says "Hand it to the fast guy behind you" or Throw when one of the little guys gets open"

And BTW, welcome Mr. Williams
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

Paul

Porked Tongue

lumphog

I hope he SHOWS OUT here & we can use his stats to recruit elite RBs & show them what they're missing

hawgmasta

Quote from: NoogaHog on June 17, 2017, 10:50:18 am

I envision Coach Muschamp's playbook with about 300 defensive schemes and the offense section says "Hand it to the fast guy behind you" or Throw when one of the little guys gets open"

And BTW, welcome Mr. Williams

Coach Muschamp?

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

BigSexyHog

Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

rzrbk4life

Let's call those hogs!!!!

Bubba's Bruisers

Looks like a great addition.  One year of eligibility, right?
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

King Kong

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: sevenof400 on June 17, 2017, 01:10:15 pm
At the least, if he shows other grad transfers that Arkansas is a viable option this opens another avenue by which to acquire talent.
Win - win here.

I'm pretty certain that CBB is already using his success with a certain QB at Wisconsin as a selling point...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

longpig

What does our offense have that SC's doesn't that will allow him to be more productive?
Don't be scared, be smart.

southeasthog

Quote from: longpig on June 18, 2017, 04:57:59 am
What does our offense have that SC's doesn't that will allow him to be more productive?

Enos.

ricepig

Opportunity. We basically traded Juan Day for him, I love in-state guys, but the knee injuries killed his career here.

onebadrubi

A chance to win? 

King Kong

Other than a better OC, QB, and better players run blockers. I guess nothing

longpig

Quote from: King Kong on June 18, 2017, 07:39:56 am
Other than a better OC, QB, and better players run blockers. I guess nothing

You sure about all that?  Willard has some big names on his staff (Kurt Roper) and had a very respectable rebuilding year at SC.  Hopefully Coach Mitchell can get this kids light turned on in short order.
Don't be scared, be smart.

King Kong

Quote from: longpig on June 18, 2017, 02:29:02 pm
You sure about all that?  Willard has some big names on his staff (Kurt Roper) and had a very respectable rebuilding year at SC.  Hopefully Coach Mitchell can get this kids light turned on in short order.

Yes I'm sure about that. SC was dead last in Total yards last season and in points per game. Second to last in rushing yards.

In 2014 at FL Roper's O was next to last in Total yards 8th in scoring and 8th in rushing yards

I'm not giving him credit for Duke when Offensive guru Cutliffle is there. IMO that would be like giving Paul Petrino credit for Bobby's offense

hawganatic

Our head coach has a proven track record of producing good to great running backs.  SC's head coach not so much.

Say what you want about Beliema's game management or prep, but this area of his coaching speaks for itself.

HogsonHicks

Good grief, some have inferiority complexes with Bama, but South Carolina? 

CBB's resume and sustained success dwarfs Muschump's.  Not even close.

The_Boot_stops_here

This is neither a "huge get" nor anything worth being negative about. There is no risk, he adds depth and maybe he'll even contribute a little something for a year. Sounds like a win to me considering the depth situation

rzrbkman

Like, I stated in another thread, the Hogs needed another RB on the roster that was ready to carry the ball and to be able to spread the carries around in a blowout game.

daBoar

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on June 25, 2017, 05:44:56 am
This is neither a "huge get" nor anything worth being negative about. There is no risk, he adds depth and maybe he'll even contribute a little something for a year. Sounds like a win to me considering the depth situation
I'd say getting a starting QB from ND with stunning wheels is "huge", so I agree with part of the above.  On the other hand, if the team's biggest need was to have another RB with SEC experience, then his transfer is a great get at near the last hour.   Much more than just "depth" in my opinion.

Vantage 8 dude

Very simple truth: "Big names on staff" mean absolutely zilch, nada, nothing if they can't/don't produce. Ultimately the name means nothing in that respect.

Kevin

Why can some of you not be happy we added a rb with experience to an otherwise inexperienced unit
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Kevin on June 25, 2017, 04:36:53 pm
Why can some of you not be happy we added a rb with experience to an otherwise inexperienced unit
Because.............it's Hogville. Anything else need be said ???

The_Boot_stops_here

Having big names on the staff is literally the most important thing a program can do. It's the difference in most wins and losses

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on June 25, 2017, 07:55:05 pm
Having big names on the staff is literally the most important thing a program can do. It's the difference in most wins and losses

I agree for the most part. I also in no way would included Kurt Roper as a big name. Despite his Razorback connections

Vantage 8 dude

No, having guys that can effectively COACH and RECRUIT, big name or not, are far more important. 

Wildhog

I tend to agree.  Paul Rhoads is the latest example.  We hire him as DB coach, and lo and behold- we start landing big time DB's.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on June 26, 2017, 09:32:09 am
No, having guys that can effectively COACH and RECRUIT, big name or not, are far more important. 

That's typically how end up with a big name

SamBuckhart

BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

Hoggish1

Quote from: HogWildBison2011 on June 16, 2017, 09:35:48 pm
I like it! Kinda odd with the last name tho. First Jonathan Williams, R Williams, Maleek Williams, and now David Williams... and thats just RB. We also had a Joshua Williams at LB

TEU and now Williams U...

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: yraciv on June 16, 2017, 11:09:49 pm
You know whats funny? My girlfriend actually talked to him on a flight to Philly last week, and he told her that he was heading to AR.  She said Williams something from SC and had dno idea his position, so I wish I could have said I knew this was coming, but I had no idea.

Annnnnnddddduh... That's the kind of off season speculation thread that would have turned this place into a frenzy...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.