Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bumper Pool: Luke Ford is a jokester, pranked Lunney

Started by Richard Davenport, June 08, 2017, 09:40:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HoneyNuttPetrinoos

Luke just de-committed..  Hope this is one of them jokes but dont fill Luke it

Music City Hog

HogFoo

well, hopefully Ford is just playing a joke.  otherwise the joke is indeed on us.
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

moto625

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/SECCountryHogs/status/873733762215010305

QuoteHe has visited only Arkansas and Illinois to this point. Hogs coach Bret Bielema has a policy against most commits visiting other schools. If they do, they are typically then considered de-committed. Bielema has made rare exceptions for some commits in the past.

"After much thought, I have decided that I have not done my due diligence in visiting/experiencing other schools," Ford wrote. "Many recruits have visited more than 10 schools, I have only visited [two]. I am not saying I will not eventually be a Hogs, but I need to ensure that I have made the best informed decision possible. So, I am de-committing from Arkansas. Will plan to visit other schools."
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

nwahogfan1

I hope we continue recruiting him and eventually sway him back  but for now I know coaches are very disappointed

HogCzar1

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on June 11, 2017, 09:19:39 am
I hope we continue recruiting him and eventually sway him back  but for now I know coaches are very disappointed

Because they know they likely have lost him. Already predicted by a national recruiting guru to Alabama. And visiting Bama, LSU, Georgia, Florida, and Ohio St.

PorkSoda

Quote from: HogCzar1 on June 11, 2017, 10:00:27 am
Because they know they likely have lost him. Already predicted by a national recruiting guru to Alabama. And visiting Bama, LSU, Georgia, Florida, and Ohio St.
Ouch.

but at least he did the right thing and decommitted early if he is planning on looking around.

hope we stay on him.  you never know how these things will work out.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

presidenthog

Quote from: Rock City Razorback on June 11, 2017, 10:34:47 pm
LOLOLOL from what I recall, this young man was "All-Hog" and "haven't seen an out of state prospect this excited in a long time"... What happened?
My guess is urban Meyer got in his ear.

gmarv

LOLOLOL from what I recall, this young man was "All-Hog" and "haven't seen an out of state prospect this excited in a long time"... What happened?
Change young man to kid and you got your answer.You put your hope in them while trying to remember that they are kids. The older I get the easier it gets to not get caught up in verbals.

texas tush hog

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on June 11, 2017, 09:19:39 am

Give it up, he gone, nothing to see here, move along.

woodhog14

Why do you think this is funny? Oh, you're one of those that want to see our program fail.

bkjbearcat

Maybe he just wanted to win. Saw the writing on the wall that BB is gone in two years and thought. Why spend four years here for a 7-5 ceiling?
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

texas tush hog

Quote from: HogCzar1 on June 11, 2017, 10:00:27 am

We don't win many recruiting battles with the likes of the teams on that list. We should have been all over him while we had him. Too late now.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: bkjbearcat on June 12, 2017, 09:47:35 am
Maybe he just wanted to win. Saw the writing on the wall that BB is gone in two years and thought. Why spend four years here for a 7-5 ceiling?
Well that begs the question; why are you still here? I'll gladly refund your membership

onebadrubi

Quote from: texas tush hog on June 12, 2017, 10:01:19 am
We don't win many recruiting battles with the likes of the teams on that list. We should have been all over him while we had him. Too late now.

Some one here posts with an agenda....

RazorBassin

Sad to see him go, especially since 5 or 6 days ago on Twitter he was all Hog.  Hopefully looks around and at least gives us an OV.  Would be an awesome job if they could recruit him and win out over these other programs.

SemperFi

Maybe you shouldn't post...at all. Sometimes it's better to be quiet than to open one's mouth and insert foot.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

PorkRinds

They were.

King Kong

Ignorant much

Oklahawg

A fellow I know in college had dated his first HS girlfriend for years. Her best friend was well put-together and decided that instead of "saving herself" she'd offer up to this guy. Who dropped the girlfriend in nothing flat, banged the friend, and realized it was just a trophy, not love.

The HS GF accepted him back and they've been married damn near 30 years. Procreated little Razorbacks, too (kids at UA).

Moral to the story: sometimes you have to flirt a bit before you realize your first love is your true love.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

HogFoo

Quote from: Oklahawg on June 12, 2017, 12:37:15 pm
A fellow I know in college had dated his first HS girlfriend for years. Her best friend was well put-together and decided that instead of "saving herself" she'd offer up to this guy. Who dropped the girlfriend in nothing flat, banged the friend, and realized it was just a trophy, not love.

The HS GF accepted him back and they've been married damn near 30 years. Procreated little Razorbacks, too (kids at UA).

Moral to the story: sometimes you have to flirt a bit before you realize your first love is your true love.
I hope he realizes it.  I can't blame the kid for wanting to travel. I'm sure he knew Bielema didn't like recruits to visit other schools.  That's why he decommited so that he could visit.  It doesn't mean as some fear that he won't come back.  He just respected Bielema enough to say , I need to decommit first, do some visits, and make sure I've made the right choice. I'm sure someone got in his ear.  Even tho, it seems like , I believe it was him saying how other schools were trying to get him to visit and he kept shutting them down and then all of a sudden he wants to visit another school?  Something is definitely weird about the situation.  Oh well.  Just have to have a good season.  Winnimg cures everything.  Hopefully  that #1 juco TE we got will have an awesome year and hopefully OGrady will too. We saw him breakout last season at the end.  I think he has some awesome potential.  Cantrell is a big bruiser who is more of our big mean blocking TE.  He may not be as agile once he catches the ball, but i would sure hate to tackle him once he got rolling. Dude is a hoss!   Ive been kind of didappointed that we havent heard anything on the field from Will Gragg.  It's like he has disappeared. Anyways.  Whether this kid ends up being a hog.  Who knows. I'm not gonna talk bad about him.  And I hope those of you who talk to recruits leave your negative comments out of any conversation with him or any other recruit.
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

Hog Pharm

If that's the case he never would have committed.

1highhog

Quote from: gmarv on June 12, 2017, 07:40:42 am
Change young man to kid and you got your answer.You put your hope in them while trying to remember that they are kids. The older I get the easier it gets to not get caught up in verbals.

This is the 100% whole truth to what happened with Ford, and when all of the Hogville posters get past their bloom of youth, which happens at different stages of life(age wise), for me I knew that my age group I was in when I was in my teens and early 20's was full of shite and we didn't have a clue what life was really about.  For others that takes decades to figure out and admit.  Most kids are going to jump at the newest and next pretty thing shown to them, that is what has happened to Luke Ford.  Hopefully he has some good people guiding him and not just using him.  If that is the case then good for the young man.

BigSexyHog

His Twitter said he might come back but wants to look and make sure.  Hopefully no bridges were burned
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

Sow Lancelot

Quote from: BigSexyHog on June 12, 2017, 06:24:37 pm
His Twitter said he might come back but wants to look and make sure.  Hopefully no bridges were burned
Only the bridges from here.
"Nec vitia nostra nec remedium tolerare possumus." Livy
Nihil boni sine labore, sic vis pacem, para bellum.

go hogues

Why I never get my hopes up when a blue chip kid signs with us so early. Seems like they always end up decommitting. I'm sure a fantastic 2 star is waiting in the wings somewhere.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

theFlyingHog

Quote from: go hogues on June 13, 2017, 12:00:41 pm
Why I never get my hopes up when a blue chip kid signs with us so early. Seems like they always end up decommitting. I'm sure a fantastic 2 star is waiting in the wings somewhere.
If only we had Petrino still coaching

Mike_e

I suppose the story will come out eventually on why he changed his mind.

I have to admit that there is a line from the movie BULL DURHAM running through my head on this one.
The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

ricepig

Quote from: Mike_e on June 14, 2017, 06:01:58 am
I suppose the story will come out eventually on why he changed his mind.

I have to admit that there is a line from the movie BULL DURHAM running through my head on this one.

He wasn't as committed as he appeared, or Dad wasn't.

The real Hogules

Quote from: go hogues on June 13, 2017, 12:00:41 pm

First, the kid didn't sign anything, he gave our coaching staff a verbal commitment/his word that he was all Hog. And secondly, while I'm just as disappointed as you appear to be, the difference in us is that I refuse to show my ignorance and my ass, by allowing a 17-18 year old kid to control my emotions.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

LRHawg

Quote from: The real Hogules on June 14, 2017, 07:34:27 am
First, the kid didn't sign anything, he gave our coaching staff a verbal commitment/his word that he was all Hog. And secondly, while I'm just as disappointed as you appear to be, the difference in us is that I refuse to show my ignorance and my ass, by allowing a 17-18 year old kid to control my emotions.

Vantage 8 dude

While Mr. Ford may have only pranked Lunney, the joke is ultimately on all Hog fans everywhere.

searkhogfan

Quote from: The real Hogules on June 14, 2017, 07:34:27 am

👆🏻 This

OneTuskOverTheLine™

You should go with him...  I, for one, would not want someone who thought they couldn't win here. It has been done, and it will be done again. Maybe this guy will get what he deserves and have a 0-3 career against Arkansas.
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Sow Lancelot

"Nec vitia nostra nec remedium tolerare possumus." Livy
Nihil boni sine labore, sic vis pacem, para bellum.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: presidenthog on June 12, 2017, 02:59:26 am
My guess is urban Meyer got in his ear.

Probably correct. That dude has a way of communicating like a teenage society skank and putting the "Eww" on the competition in an as disdainful way as possible. I wouldn't discount his inference of thuggery vs sainthood in the Heisman vote Tebow's soph year. I have also seen him giving that smartalec smirk of degradation and aire of superiority when he was coaching at Florida. Even using the ESPN halftime interview to pull an "I don't know why any player would want to go to anywhere other than Florida" in the middle of a game... He's a freaking genius that turns me into a blithering H8R..!
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.