Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Flanagan flips to OSU

Started by ADavisTheGOAT, December 18, 2017, 05:45:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pudgepork

Quote from: Wooderson on December 18, 2017, 07:27:53 pm

No.  I go back to the Pigpen days and have never been banned.

Maybe a 6 month ban would give you time to grow to love Morris

IronMountainHog

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: Three and Snout on December 18, 2017, 07:44:42 pm
He liked Paul Rhoads and didn't like the delay in the new staff contacting him.

Seriously do you know him? Where did you get that info?

Free country so get on out! If he committed to the train wreck we had on defense last year and now want's to go to OSU he was looking for a reason.

NO matter who Coach Morris hires they will be a lot better than any of the defensive coaches we had last year. I don't feel the same on offense. We had some good assistants unfortunately BB is a terrible coach.

Hogtimes

Quote from: Oklahawg on December 18, 2017, 07:17:27 pm
I'm not the one all twisted over a recruit who is likely the bottom of the list of CBB's commits. I would rather have McAlister back than Flanigan. If Flanigan comes to UA I'll root like all get out for him. I just don't see him as a "must have" recruit.

Agree....I do not see it as a big loss.     

Farmer Hogget

Quote from: Wooderson on December 18, 2017, 06:28:19 pm
First, do I care what you think?  No, I do not.  Secondly, they failed to keep a good recruit who was committed.  It's a failure on their part no matter how you shake it.  You can follow blindly if you want, but I won't.

Then hopefully we won't have to hear from you any longer.  Bye!

Farmer Hogget

Quote from: Wooderson on December 18, 2017, 07:22:00 pm
1.  Didn't stop Bret
2.  This team has plenty of talent and an easy schedule
3.  Maybe.  Maybe a good recruiter keeps them.
4.  Lack of a full staff is only on Coach Morris
5.  Last I heard he is done stealing recruits from a poor AAC team to play in the SEC

I'm not trying to stir things up.  I just don't believe in turning a blind eye when we haven't won a conference championship in 29 years.  Some are cool with the status of the Razorback football team.  Some are not.  You want results?  Have high standards and be accountable.

I thought you were done!  Why the heck are you still here?  Don't throw out promises you don't intend to keep.  You got my hopes up and now you're staying!  Go away!

opineonswine

rude1

Someone explain this kid to me: Four star recruit but his P5 offer sheet was extremely shallow, what gives? OSU was actually the best offer he had on the table.

AirWarren

RaisinHog

HOGS82

Quote from: rude1 on December 18, 2017, 08:29:05 pm
Someone explain this kid to me: Four star recruit but his P5 offer sheet was extremely shallow, what gives? OSU was actually the best offer he had on the table.

Was wondering this as well... highly rated 3-star composite on 247, Rivals even has him as a 4-star and #1 player in the state, yet his two best offers are Arkansas & OSU. Only other P5 offers are Kansas & Mizzou, rest are G5 or lower.
Quote from: mindemon on November 24, 2023, 06:58:31 pmThe 'Fire Sam Pittman' crowd are going to be eating their words next year. Trust me.

311Hog

maybe nothing but when I saw his announcement to commit to the hogs there was a girl all over his Instagram pictures that I believe is a UofA student, I do not see her there now /shrug

I expect the roller coaster to continue.

farmhawg

Quote from: Wooderson on December 18, 2017, 07:27:53 pm

No.  I go back to the Pigpen days and have never been banned. 

You should be.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Wooderson on December 18, 2017, 07:22:00 pm
1.  Didn't stop Bret
2.  This team has plenty of talent and an easy schedule
3.  Maybe.  Maybe a good recruiter keeps them.
4.  Lack of a full staff is only on Coach Morris
5.  Last I heard he is done stealing recruits from a poor AAC team to play in the SEC

I'm not trying to stir things up.  I just don't believe in turning a blind eye when we haven't won a conference championship in 29 years.  Some are cool with the status of the Razorback football team.  Some are not.  You want results?  Have high standards and be accountable.
So because we haven't won a CC in almost three decades AND we are apparently losing a recruit or two is the exclusive fault of CCM ??? I remind you that the guy has been our HC for not quite two weeks. It's also a very sad but plain fact that virtually any new HC coach is likely going to lose a commit or two. Do I like it-no, not in the least. Am I happy that we haven't been particularly relative in the league over the past five or six years, again not in the least. However, before the new HC has signed his first complete recruiting class, hired his entire new staff and obviously even coached his first spring practice I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. Unlike YOU I prefer to actually see what the guy and his staff can do with the kids before judging or assessing his abilities and success (or lack thereof). So there you go: accountability, high standards and actual PATIENCE in the process. 'Cause unlike you I don't expect the man to walk on water, levitate, perform magic tricks or even raise folks from the dead. I just expect him to coach our football team to the best of his ability. Then and only then will I be able to assess his performance as a HC; not based on a couple of recruits we might have missed on.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Wooderson on December 18, 2017, 06:28:19 pm
First, do I care what you think?  No, I do not.  Secondly, they failed to keep a good recruit who was committed.  It's a failure on their part no matter how you shake it.  You can follow blindly if you want, but I won't. 

You've never followed anyone your entire life. You've always drifted and wandered
while thinking yourself to be overly criticized by others. Ironically it has made you synical and overly critical.
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

hogmolar

Quote from: Three and Snout on December 18, 2017, 07:44:42 pm
He liked Paul Rhoads and didn't like the delay in the new staff contacting him.
Wasnt CCM and CBL in Charleston the day he was announced as coach? Guess that is too much of a delay.

RaisinHog

Guys y'all can take up for them all you want but loosing these instate recruits that have been committed to one of the worse staffs we have had in decades is definitely not a good look .. no need in sugar coating it

searkhogfan

Quote from: RaisinHog on December 18, 2017, 08:47:05 pm
Guys y'all can take up for them all you want but loosing these instate recruits that have been committed to one of the worse staffs we have had in decades is definitely not a good look .. no need in sugar coating it

Some of you guys are just miserable.  As if we haven't lost recruits every time we've had a coaching change. 

RaisinHog

Um not in state ones too freaking okie lite

RME

Quote from: opineonswine on December 18, 2017, 08:21:09 pm
Imbecile.

A 17/18-year-old kid making the biggest decision of his life thus far is an imbecile because he chooses not to come here?

ADavisTheGOAT

Quote from: RaisinHog on December 18, 2017, 08:51:25 pm
They tried to get Montaric Brown from us last year. But they got us this year.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

RockyMtnHog

He'll be buried in the depth chart his whole time at Okie State.
"On the Eighth Day, God created the Razorbacks!"

searkhogfan

We lose an in state commit.  But pick up 2 in staters we had no shot at before.  I'll take those odds.

farmhawg

Quote from: RaisinHog on December 18, 2017, 08:47:05 pm
Just stupid. Loosing just proves it.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

RaisinHog

Quote from: RockyMtnHog on December 18, 2017, 08:53:04 pm
He'll be buried in the depth chart his whole time at Okie State.

Idk about that there defense isn't exactly what I would call great. . I really don't know how good the kid is I never watched his film I just hate too loose instate guys

farmhawg

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on December 18, 2017, 08:51:56 pm
A 17/18-year-old kid making the biggest decision of his life thus far is an imbecile because he chooses not to come here?
Pretty sure he's talking about woodisen.
From theflyinghog

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Can't be mad at the kid. We don't have a DC, so I can't be mad at any defensive player that goes elsewhere
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

RME

Quote from: farmhawg on December 18, 2017, 08:56:58 pm
Pretty sure he's talking about woodisen.

I was assuming so, hah.

But there was nothing quoted so...

RaisinHog

Quote from: searkhogfan on December 18, 2017, 08:55:14 pm
We lose an in state commit.  But pick up 2 in staters we had no shot at before.  I'll take those odds.

Umm if you think we are getting Gerry .. not exactly looking good there either .. now I am glad we got ferrel

JaketheSnake

Loose like McFadden?  How old are all his kids now?

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: RaisinHog on December 18, 2017, 08:59:02 pm
Umm if you think we are getting Gerry .. not exactly looking good there either .. now I am glad we got ferrel

Bishop.  He's referring to Bishop.  And Ferrell.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

HOGS82

Talking about Ferrell and Bishop, I believe.
Quote from: mindemon on November 24, 2023, 06:58:31 pmThe 'Fire Sam Pittman' crowd are going to be eating their words next year. Trust me.

searkhogfan

Wasn't talking about GB. He flipped Bishop from MSU too

RaisinHog

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on December 18, 2017, 08:59:50 pm
Bishop.  He's referring to Bishop.

Gotcha yeah I forgot about that he had a better offer sheet as well I guess I'm just a lil frustrated ...

MushroomCloudHog

losing Flanagan definitely stings.

RockyMtnHog

Quote from: RaisinHog on December 18, 2017, 08:56:28 pm
Idk about that there defense isn't exactly what I would call great. . I really don't know how good the kid is I never watched his film I just hate too loose instate guys

These instate kids need to take some advise from DMAC.  He never waivered from his commitment.
"On the Eighth Day, God created the Razorbacks!"

HogBreath

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on December 18, 2017, 08:57:17 pm
Can't be mad at the kid. We don't have a DC, so I can't be mad at any defensive player that goes elsewhere
Then wait and sign in Febuary, and what does it matter who's the DC? 

Whoever it is will be telling the players to tackle the guy with the ball as soon as possible. Always better to be a Razorback.  Period.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

Three and Snout

Quote from: hogmolar on December 18, 2017, 08:45:49 pm
Wasnt CCM and CBL in Charleston the day he was announced as coach? Guess that is too much of a delay.

It was the next day, but yes, not much of a delay.  I didn't say it was a rational response!  A day is too long for these social media raised kids...

RaisinHog

If I was a hog commit and we got a new coach when he called me I would say .. don't worry about me coach I'll be here .. go get me some stud team mates.. much like I figure bumper pool told coach Morris

Philip Seaton

Who cares? Hope he enjoys life in Oklahoma after college.

Wooderson

Does this open things up for us to go after Drake Stoops?
Give me liberty, or give me death!

Granny fan

I personally know this young man.  I know CCM made a home visit to him the next day after he was hired.  If Sean Michael has chosen OSU, it has been his decision, totally.  No fault on our new staff.

TulsaHawg

Quote from: RaisinHog on December 18, 2017, 09:16:34 pm
If I was a hog commit and we got a new coach when he called me I would say .. don't worry about me coach I'll be here .. go get me some stud team mates.. much like I figure bumper pool told coach Morris

I have some friends going to Bumper's announcement tomorrow. 

Bumper is all in on CCM.

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: rude1 on December 18, 2017, 08:29:05 pm

The kid has talent but he's not a difference maker for us or Okie State.

RideTillIDieHawg

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 18, 2017, 07:29:33 pm
why would that be creepy? the search function is promoted by the site. quit negging other posters just b/c you are an old farm person.

You are a guy that spent every waking moment for over a week bombing every thread about your inside knowledge on Norvell to Arkansas to not surprised you think it's normal for 50 year old men to stalk high school kids on social media to see where they might go to school.

theFlyingHog

I ain't messed up about loosing a Bielema croot. He obviously didn't know what he was doing

ADavisTheGOAT

Quote from: RideTillIDieHawg on December 18, 2017, 09:28:21 pm
You are a guy that spent every waking moment for over a week bombing every thread about your inside knowledge on Norvell to Arkansas to not surprised you think it's normal for 50 year old men to stalk high school kids on social media to see where they might go to school.
Oh sthu.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

HogBreath

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on December 18, 2017, 09:26:48 pm
The kid has talent but he's not a difference maker for us or Okie State.
Yeah, I had kinda wondered that very thing all along, still, wish he'd been a Hog, kinda dirty pool by the Cowpokes, but it's his choice.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?