Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Flanagan flips to OSU

Started by ADavisTheGOAT, December 18, 2017, 05:45:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ADavisTheGOAT

I searched for Sean Michael Flanagan on instagram, and in his bio is "Oklahoma State commit"
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

jgphillips3

IronMountainHog

grayhawg

Probably true but 247sports shows him as a Hog

RideTillIDieHawg

jackflash

If that's were he  wants to go I am fine with it

ADavisTheGOAT

Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

Wooderson

Give me liberty, or give me death!

247Hog

If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

navyhog24

RockyMtnHog

We want players that want to be Razorbacks!  Good Bye!
"On the Eighth Day, God created the Razorbacks!"

Wooderson

Quote from: 247Hog on December 18, 2017, 06:24:42 pm
You're darn gets old.

First, do I care what you think?  No, I do not.  Secondly, they failed to keep a good recruit who was committed.  It's a failure on their part no matter how you shake it.  You can follow blindly if you want, but I won't. 

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

jackflash

this is not Morris fault. kid wanted to play else where. Morris will get offensive players to me its more important to see who he gets  on the defensive side

Hugo Bezdek

logand02

Quote from: Wooderson on December 18, 2017, 06:28:19 pm
First, do I care what you think?  No, I do not.  Secondly, they failed to keep a good recruit who was committed.  It's a failure on their part no matter how you shake it.  You can follow blindly if you want, but I won't.

Completely disagree

247Hog

Ohh you care. You wouldn't have responded if you didn't. I guarantee you i know more about this situation and you're ignorant. Next...
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

Wooderson

Quote from: logand02 on December 18, 2017, 06:31:01 pm
Completely disagree

How do you disagree?  That he shouldn't be expected to keep recruits?  Or, that Flanigan is not a good player?

WOOPIGDOOIE

Quote from: Wooderson on December 18, 2017, 06:23:03 pm
Good job Morris
Yeah let's blame Morris. Morris has gotten Ferrell and bishop to commit in the short time he has been here. He also has a good chance at getting a few high end recruits to flip to Arkansas. Buthe is such a terrible recruiter for letting Flanagan get away.... SMH

razorpimp

If true best of luck to the kid, thanks for almost being a Hog!  Gotta go where you think you gotta go!  Great program, crappy city 👍

Wooderson

Quote from: WOOPIGDOOIE on December 18, 2017, 06:32:46 pm
Yeah let's blame Morris. Morris has gotten Ferrell and bishop to commit in the short time he has been here. He also has a good chance at getting a few high end recruits to flip to Arkansas. Buthe is such a terrible recruiter for letting Flanagan get away.... SMH

Good job on Ferrell and Bishop.  Bad job on Bohannon and Flanigan.  Do you really think the Moore twins or any of the OU commits will be Hogs?

247Hog

Quote from: razorpimp on December 18, 2017, 06:33:08 pm
If true best of luck to the kid, thanks for almost being a Hog!  Gotta go where you think you gotta go!  Great program, crappy city 👍

Won't be very great if FBI finds more after looking into the Assistant Basketball coach.

WOOPIGDOOIE

Quote from: Wooderson on December 18, 2017, 06:35:07 pm
Good job on Ferrell and Bishop.  Bad job on Bohannon and Flanigan.  Do you really think the Moore twins or any of the OU commits will be Hogs?
It will be difficult to get them here, but we have a far better chance then we did with Bret. Same with GB. Morris at least tried going after him, can't force a kid to come to a school when he doesn't want to compete for starter.

rljjr

"... failure on their part ..."

Ha. You're special.

Bubba's Bruisers

I do not think those kids will be hogs, but not at all surprised with the volatility among our commits. 

Maybe we get Mason and Fulwider, but I'm not expecting many of these TX recruits to come to Fayetteville.  At least not the ones with real options.  Just too late in the game to make enough of a difference with them.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

AirWarren

Wooderson

Quote from: rljjr on December 18, 2017, 06:54:42 pm
"... failure on their part ..."

Ha. You're special.

You don't think it's a failure?

Hawg Life

Yes, we are the first program in history to have a kid decommit, so we should all be distraught. You seriously aren't good @ life. Kid decommitted due to coaching changes, and it happens all over the time. We've had 4 kids flip to us other schools, and I hope they had more intelligent fans than you.

rljjr

Quote from: Wooderson on December 18, 2017, 07:05:20 pm

Nope. I think it's just the normal course when coaching staffs change. You lose some, you get others. It's not a big deal. 

SamBuckhart

Good luck to all recruits until signing day. I will pull for anyone who wants to be a HOG. GHG!
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

Hawg Life

It's not a bad job on Bohannon. He has had offers from LSU, Bama, and Auburn, but has Indiana, Baylor, and Memphis in his top 4.  He either didn't want competition or he was told he was being recruited as an athlete.

Oklahawg

Losing a recruit is not the condemnable critique of Morris (that would be failing to communicate with UA commits and early-signees waiting to hear from UA coaches...and it took days if they got any communication at all).

I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Wooderson

Quote from: Oklahawg on December 18, 2017, 07:13:08 pm
Losing a recruit is not the condemnable critique of Morris (that would be failing to communicate with UA commits and early-signees waiting to hear from UA coaches...and it took days if they got any communication at all).

Good luck to you. 

Steef

Quote from: Wooderson on December 18, 2017, 07:05:20 pm

Youre trying too hard to assert an absolute, when lots of mitigating factors scream otherwise.

Assuming this young fellow has truly flipped...
1. We had a genuinely crappy year. Embarrassing nationally.
2. We probably wont be a lot better next year, with a first year coach & still green QB.
3. We had to expect to lose a few.
4. Morris doesnt have a full staff yet, nor a DC & Flanigan was probably going to be defense.
5. Morris has been further busy contacting SMU recruits he's already spent time with & is comfortable having on his team.

"He failed" is just you trying to stir things up.

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Oklahawg

Quote from: Wooderson on December 18, 2017, 07:15:17 pm
Good luck to you. 

I'm not the one all twisted over a recruit who is likely the bottom of the list of CBB's commits. I would rather have McAlister back than Flanigan. If Flanigan comes to UA I'll root like all get out for him. I just don't see him as a "must have" recruit.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

JusJim

Is there any type of "time stamp" on instagram that shows when he posted this, or when the last time was that he was "online" on instagram?

Squints Pallaboarus

Take it for what it's worth. His profile only has 3 post, but 1100 followers and following 1200.

Wooderson

Quote from: Steef on December 18, 2017, 07:16:59 pm
Youre trying too hard to assert an absolute, when lots of mitigating factors scream otherwise.

Assuming this young fellow has truly flipped...
1. We had a genuinely crappy year. Embarrassing nationally.
2. We probably wont be a lot better next year, with a first year coach & still green QB.
3. We had to expect to lose a few.
4. Morris doesnt have a full staff yet, nor a DC & Flanigan was probably going to be defense.
5. Morris has been further busy contacting SMU recruits he's already spent time with & is comfortable having on his team.

"He failed" is just you trying to stir things up.

1.  Didn't stop Bret
2.  This team has plenty of talent and an easy schedule
3.  Maybe.  Maybe a good recruiter keeps them.
4.  Lack of a full staff is only on Coach Morris
5.  Last I heard he is done stealing recruits from a poor AAC team to play in the SEC

I'm not trying to stir things up.  I just don't believe in turning a blind eye when we haven't won a conference championship in 29 years.  Some are cool with the status of the Razorback football team.  Some are not.  You want results?  Have high standards and be accountable.

farmhawg

Obviously an alternate account of someone deleted.....
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Wooderson

Quote from: farmhawg on December 18, 2017, 07:26:27 pm
Obviously an alternate account of someone deleted.....

No.  I go back to the Pigpen days and have never been banned. 

wpswillriseagain

Putting a lot of blame on a coach who has been here 2 damn weeks. Bret had a little longer to recruit if you don't remember and we were 1 year removed from an 11 win season.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: RideTillIDieHawg on December 18, 2017, 06:08:41 pm
That's not creepy
why would that be creepy? the search function is promoted by the site. quit negging other posters just b/c you are an old farm person.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Pig in the Pokey

it's always you...
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

RME

And they flipped a stud cornerback as well.

They successfully flipped a good recruit who wasn't committed. It's a success on their part no matter how you shake it.

It's recruiting. It's the nature of the beast.

lookawayquick

Coach Mullet has been shopping his services the last couple years.  He may the Poke coach for years to come but...... And, the poor young man will have to live in Stillwater.  Eskimo Joe's can only hold one for so long!

Steef

Quote from: Wooderson on December 18, 2017, 07:22:00 pm
1.  Didn't stop Bret
2.  This team has plenty of talent and an easy schedule
3.  Maybe.  Maybe a good recruiter keeps them.
4.  Lack of a full staff is only on Coach Morris
5.  Last I heard he is done stealing recruits from a poor AAC team to play in the SEC

I'm not trying to stir things up.  I just don't believe in turning a blind eye when we haven't won a conference championship in 29 years.  Some are cool with the status of the Razorback football team.  Some are not.  You want results?  Have high standards and be accountable.

I'm not doing any cheerleading for Morris. Neither am I (as you are) condemning him before I have a reason.

Yes, you are just trying to stir. " he failed" is just not true....yet. Declaring it now, is just throwing gas & striking a match.

If you're gonna troll, be honest about it.

Bubba's Bruisers

I'm an offer sheet guy.  Flanagan's isn't impressive.  Not sure he's a major loss. 

Find a way to flip Mason, and we've more than replaced Flanagan.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Three and Snout

He liked Paul Rhoads and didn't like the delay in the new staff contacting him.

ShadowTheHedgehog

1) Let's see who the coach brings in compared to those that get away.
2) Kind of unfair to judge him according to this year's class. He just came in. next year is another story.