Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Deer Antler Velvet?

Started by H&D, February 01, 2013, 12:13:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

H&D

Has anyone taken IGF-1 (aka Deer Antler Velvet)?  I saw a report about Vijay Singh and it was reported he spent $9,000.00 on this stuff....  Now since an internet search shows the average price is about $20.00 for a months supply, the report was either wrong or VJ had just bought his own herd of deer. 

This stuff is all over the internet, so how good is it?
\\\"Camp Sather 2003\\\"

Eli Cash Ph.D

http://www.canesdeervelvet.com/

Took this stuff for about two years.  I found it gave me some energy and definitely sped up my metabolism.  I work out 5-6 times/week and was never sore. It generally makes your body feel better.

SixtySecondsOfPitino

Quote from: H&D on February 01, 2013, 12:13:16 pm
Has anyone taken IGF-1 (aka Deer Antler Velvet)?  I saw a report about Vijay Singh and it was reported he spent $9,000.00 on this stuff....  Now since an internet search shows the average price is about $20.00 for a months supply, the report was either wrong or VJ had just bought his own herd of deer. 

This stuff is all over the internet, so how good is it?

I would suspect not very.  Honestly, if forced, I would only go to clinic that does HGH, IGF-1, testosterone, etc. therapy with an actual physician monitoring a routine with regular blood tests.  I'd read everything I could about possible causal links to cancer beforehand too.  Just my two cents though.

H&D

Quote from: SixtySecondsOfPitino on February 01, 2013, 01:39:02 pm
I would suspect not very.  Honestly, if forced, I would only go to clinic that does HGH, IGF-1, testosterone, etc. therapy with an actual physician monitoring a routine with regular blood tests.  I'd read everything I could about possible causal links to cancer beforehand too.  Just my two cents though.

Breathing gives you cancer, so I'm not too worried about "possible" .000001% chance this stuff might increase your chance of cancer twenty years from now.
\\\"Camp Sather 2003\\\"

H&D

Quote from: Eli Cash Ph.D on February 01, 2013, 01:37:25 pm
http://www.canesdeervelvet.com/

Took this stuff for about two years.  I found it gave me some energy and definitely sped up my metabolism.  I work out 5-6 times/week and was never sore. It generally makes your body feel better.

Thanks for the link.  I try to take only liquids (even though they usually taste like arse) or gel caps when possible.  Their website was kind of a pain, how many doses was in their bottle, if you remember.
\\\"Camp Sather 2003\\\"

Eli Cash Ph.D

Quote from: H&D on February 03, 2013, 12:12:31 am
Thanks for the link.  I try to take only liquids (even though they usually taste like arse) or gel caps when possible.  Their website was kind of a pain, how many doses was in their bottle, if you remember.

Big bottle had 80 capsules.  I was taking 3/day.  Dosage depends on your activity level and what you are trying to get out of it.  If you have any questions send them an email and they are always quick to answer questions/concerns. 

CallThemHawgs!

Quote from: Eli Cash Ph.D on February 03, 2013, 10:11:04 am
Big bottle had 80 capsules.  I was taking 3/day.  Dosage depends on your activity level and what you are trying to get out of it.  If you have any questions send them an email and they are always quick to answer questions/concerns. 

Im thinking about giving it a shot just to see what the hype is about. I have nagging tendonitis in my left knee that just wont go away, will be interesting to see if this helps a bit.

Wonder how much is placebo

DeltaBoy

For $56.50 I better feel 25 again!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

hvsupastar

Quote from: John Quincy Poodle on February 15, 2013, 01:03:00 am
Im thinking about giving it a shot just to see what the hype is about. I have nagging tendonitis in my left knee that just wont go away, will be interesting to see if this helps a bit.

Wonder how much is placebo

Id be curious to see if that helps your tendinitis. I had jumpers knee surgery on my last knee 2 years ago and although it feels better it still never got back to normal but now my right knee feels the same as my left did before. I'm 24 and still active so I don't want to have surgery again and go down another 6 months
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

Ragnar Hogbrok

"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

H&D

Quote from: Nate(wocraig)Craig on June 08, 2013, 08:04:02 pm
So, any good results H&D?

Yes.  Sorry I meant to give an update and it just slipped my mind.  So I had a pretty major surgery and started taking this stuff about a month later, I made no other changes to my diet, but I was unable to lift weights for about four months (other than some leg stuff). 

I noticed some minor changes pretty quick with a feeling of overall well being.  I was kind of depressed after surgery because my mobility was so limited, this stuff seemed to clear that right up.  My wife even commented about me getting out of a funk. 

I started noticing in physical therapy that I was weeks ahead of goals (I sure that was partially due to me starting off in overall good health and shape). My doctor made a comment about how quickly my incision had healed and how good the scar tissue looked. 

Now for the crazy part.  I gained twenty five pounds and my body fat only went up about two to three percent (over a four month period). This happened with not working out at all for the most part. I would talk myself into body weight squats and stuff maybe once or twice a week. But no weight training at all.  My physical therapist accused me of weight training several times and my brother even asked me what I was taking.  He was thinking I had got into Steroids or HGH. 

I will continue to research the stuff, but for now this stuff will be part of my routine from now on.  You will never convince me this stuff didn't help cause my muscle gain and help with my surgery recovery. 
\\\"Camp Sather 2003\\\"

Ragnar Hogbrok

Which brand of the stuff did you go with?
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

twistitup

Quote from: H&D on June 09, 2013, 12:13:39 am

Now for the crazy part.  I gained twenty five pounds and my body fat only went up about two to three percent (over a four month period). This happened with not working out at all for the most part. I would talk myself into body weight squats and stuff maybe once or twice a week. But no weight training at all.  My physical therapist accused me of weight training several times and my brother even asked me what I was taking.  He was thinking I had got into Steroids or HGH. 

I will continue to research the stuff, but for now this stuff will be part of my routine from now on.  You will never convince me this stuff didn't help cause my muscle gain and help with my surgery recovery. 

Awesome muscle gain of 40 pounds without working out?

Ok....when it seems to good to be true it IS.

Good luck with your future health, but im afraid there are no miracle solutions
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

H&D

Quote from: twistitup on June 09, 2013, 10:44:33 am
Awesome muscle gain of 40 pounds without working out?

Ok....when it seems to good to be true it IS.

Good luck with your future health, but im afraid there are no miracle solutions

I figured it out, you can't read.  I gained 25lbs, not 40. And only about 20lbs was muscle the rest was fat.  I only changed two things after my surgery, I started taking this stuff and I stopped almost all working out, minus some very minimal lower body (body weight) stuff.   

I never claimed it would work for everyone, I was just giving an update on my results with it.  It worked for Ray Lewis also.
\\\"Camp Sather 2003\\\"