Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Crazy people you've met in the gym...

Started by Grag T, August 20, 2010, 04:19:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Buck Ocean

I can't even read the detail without coming up from oxygen!
Think like a Jedi

Buff

I still laugh at the screamers every time.  Grunting doesn't bother me at all, but the loud, drawn out, "I-sound-like-I'm-crapping-a-live-grenade" screams.  And then wonder why I'm doubled over laughing.

clutch

There used to be a guy who would come into the Trim Gym in Jonesboro a few years ago and do nothing but work on his dance moves in front of the mirrors. He'd work on them all week long and Thursday nights he would be at the Electric Cowboy dancing his heart out. He would never leave the dance floor, even when songs came on that nobody wanted to dance to. He just kept on dancing by himself. I never could figure out why he didn't just buy a mirror and practice dancing at home. Gym memberships are too expensive for that. Not to mention it always bugged me because I couldn't help buy laugh at him while I was trying to stay focused on my workout.

DeltaBoy

MOTORMOUTH  He in his 60's well build lifts heavy all the time but he will talk you to death.  He takes 5-8 minutes between sets and 10-15 between machines if someone is close enough to talk too.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Hawg Balling

THE BIG-TALKER
You have to love the guy who asks you how much that is that you're benching if you're going heavy one day.  When you reply with something like "300 for 3 reps" he'll automatically go "oh yeah, I can do that."  A little while later, as you're on to a different portion of your workout, you'll see him struggling to hit 145 for a 4th rep.

Kris Bang

I have this gay friend which did exercises with womans but still have a nice body.

Buck Ocean

ZOMBIELAND - Fairly novice Indian guy in the gym.  Thin frame, but manages a big gut.  He wears a hat frequently, pants, short sleeve shirt.  His eye? Bugged out! Wide open.  He walks around without bending his knees, so mysterious.  The arms just hang at the side.  The most intriguiging part, which how the nickname was donned, is the twitching of the head and neck, similar to the walking dead.

MUFFIN - The bodytype says it all.  Shaped like Casper the Ghost, or like a pear.  The legs look thin and hidden beneath the mushroom cloud of midsection.  She has the worst conversation in the world.  Instead of saying I was ripped one day, she said I looked skinny and sick.  I said beat it, scram.

THE GROUCH - This guy has a snarl on his face you can tell from a mile away, accompanied by shaggy eyebrows and the nose of an English bulldog.  He is older, yet is in decent shape.  Honestly, he would be a beast if he ever did a full rep....all he does is load up stuff and half rep it, no matter what.  He will steal weights off your barbell! Flat out rude.  Will never yield in oncoming path, stands his ground.  He goes with a string tank top and Kohls house brand athletic shorts.  He showed up a few days ago wearing hot pink, which seemed inviting but defintely a detractor.
Think like a Jedi

Lando Calrissian

February 29, 2012, 10:03:04 am #108 Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 10:05:08 am by Lando Calrissian
I ran into a couple of new ones this morning.

TRIPLE THREAT:

Typically found in packs of 3, the TRIPLE THREAT specimens are easily spotted as they are the only ones in the weight room still wearing their street clothes.  They tend to gravitate towards the preacher curl station, where they take turns getting in about 20 sets each.   They usually call it quits after this grueling 15 minute bicep workout.  TRIPLE THREAT is what happens when DELTA BRAVO's make friends with each other.

STANDS WITH A FIST:

A former semi-pro long distance runner, STANDS WITH A FIST is generally a middle-aged white man of European descent.   He is still wearing the ultra-revealing track shorts he wore as an all-state cross country star in high school.    You can typically find STANDS WITH A FIST about 4 inches away from your face (as you are lying down doing dumbbell presses) repping out about 40 lunges with 2 1/2 pound pink weights in each hand.

COACH:

As a gray-hair, COACH is one of the few older folks that will wonder into the free weights section of the gym.   COACH will go beast mode on the bench press and you will gaze in wonder as you've never seen someone bench 115lb with such vigor.   COACH is still wearing the same light gray matching Champs sweat suit he wore back in his coaching days.   Speaking of his coaching days, did you know that COACH has in fact (per COACH) coached every D-1 athlete the state has ever produced?   COACH has also spurned water for coffee, which he sips between every set of bench and hammer curls.    COACH also does a weird, as-yet-to-be-determined-what-muscle-it-works exercise (he must have learned from another gray hair) where he picks up a heavy weight and just stands there with it.
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

DeltaBoy

It is called Static Resistance. It is suppost to strenghten you grip , arms and back.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

spe450

Quote from: Kris Bang on February 24, 2012, 12:56:26 pm
I have this gay friend which did exercises with womans but still have a nice body.

?

Buck Ocean

Quote from: Lando Calrissian on February 29, 2012, 10:03:04 am
I ran into a couple of new ones this morning.

TRIPLE THREAT:

Typically found in packs of 3, the TRIPLE THREAT specimens are easily spotted as they are the only ones in the weight room still wearing their street clothes.  They tend to gravitate towards the preacher curl station, where they take turns getting in about 20 sets each.   They usually call it quits after this grueling 15 minute bicep workout.  TRIPLE THREAT is what happens when DELTA BRAVO's make friends with each other.

STANDS WITH A FIST:

A former semi-pro long distance runner, STANDS WITH A FIST is generally a middle-aged white man of European descent.   He is still wearing the ultra-revealing track shorts he wore as an all-state cross country star in high school.    You can typically find STANDS WITH A FIST about 4 inches away from your face (as you are lying down doing dumbbell presses) repping out about 40 lunges with 2 1/2 pound pink weights in each hand.

COACH:

As a gray-hair, COACH is one of the few older folks that will wonder into the free weights section of the gym.   COACH will go beast mode on the bench press and you will gaze in wonder as you've never seen someone bench 115lb with such vigor.   COACH is still wearing the same light gray matching Champs sweat suit he wore back in his coaching days.   Speaking of his coaching days, did you know that COACH has in fact (per COACH) coached every D-1 athlete the state has ever produced?   COACH has also spurned water for coffee, which he sips between every set of bench and hammer curls.    COACH also does a weird, as-yet-to-be-determined-what-muscle-it-works exercise (he must have learned from another gray hair) where he picks up a heavy weight and just stands there with it.

oh Lando.  I'm rollin!
Think like a Jedi

Buck Ocean

BILLY BARBELL - The name alone explodes like dynamite.  He has a 60 inch chest, slightly leans back and lets arms bow out like tree limbs.  His forearms are like stove pipes and wears the semi-competive lifting t-shirts like "Benton County Barbell Club" on the front and some achievement on the back.  Not too ripped, just a big, big boy.  No matter what the exercise, I swear he adds a plate after every set.

Think like a Jedi

Buck Ocean

Quote from: Buck Ocean on January 07, 2011, 04:58:45 pm
THE HITMEN featuring HOT ROD & PORTUGUESE

HOT ROD - An old timer.  50s style greaser.  He's probably 70.  Has white hair, slicks it back, and makes repeated trips to the lockerroom to break the comb out and work the Elvis look.  He loves to shoot the shine.  Loves the drag racing and motor speed t-shirts.  He's got an old camaro and parks it on the lawn at the gym.  We call him HOT ROD.  He always jacks up one foot on a bench, then crosses his arms over said knee when he's in B.S. mode.  We call that the "hot stance". 

PORTUGUESE - Training partner of HOT ROD.  He's from southwest Texas.  Short, but with a barell chest.  He seldom speaks, always keeping the arms straight, but with hands crossed, like an usher or a mafia don.  He will eyeball you from distance, not say a word. 

Alone, they are HOT ROD and PORTUGUESE.  Together, they are the HITMEN.

Got an update on PORTUGUESE.  His name has morphed again.  Its his first name combined with the mechanic tool distributor truck he works and drives. 
The new name is MANNY CORNWELL.
Think like a Jedi

magtownfan

I hardly ever post but i gotta get in on this. We had a guy at the gym i used to go to that didnt have a nickname but was enfamous at the gym and around town in general. He was everything bad mixed into one guy. The screamer/grunter, loudmouth, liar, know-it-all, equipment hog, hit on every gal in the gym, well u get the idea. But he was most famous for wearing the SAME THING most every day. Old school military fatigue pants and spaghetti string tank top. Sometimes he would change up and go with the way too tight under armour shirt but he had a drawer full of skimpy tank tops. We had a masquerade party one halloween and one of my buddies dressed up like this dude in fatigues complete with skimpy tank top and attitude and everybody knew EXACTLY who he was supposed to be for halloween! It was pretty dang funny!! He needs a nickname though...

Silver Hog

clutch

There were 3 white gangsters in the gym last night. It's really hard to concentrate when they are blaring their "new track they just recorded" and dancing between sets. Add in the fact that their music they were so proud of was absolutely horrible and the fact that the whole time they were there they were talking about when they were going to get a record deal, it becomes hard to contain your laughter.

If the bad music and gangster language that was hard to decipher wasn't bad enough, they took up damn near every machine in the gym. It's a small gym with already limited workout space. These guys didn't see any problem using the chest, back, leg, arm, and whatever else machine they could find all at the same time. They would do a set of bench, go do some back work, then work their bi's, then a little leg work, back to bench, grab a few dumbbells, whatever they could get their hands on. They had everything from the 20lb to the 50lb dumbbells occupied, 2 benches, the squat rack, the leg press, the preacher curl station, the cable machine, just a little of everything. I literally stood there for about 10 minutes scratching my head trying to figure out which part of the body they were working the least so I could concentrate on in last night. There constant jumping back and forth between machines made it impossible to get in all your sets before they cut you off.

Like I said, the gym is very small, but it is 24 hour. I usually wait until later to go work out because earlier in the evening it is too packed to do anything. The only problem is, sometimes later in the night you run into the crack head idiots like these. Almost makes me think that it may be better to go during the busier hours. There are more people in there, but at least it is the more serious people who understand gym etiquette and don't hog the whole gym.

Oh, and if that all isn't bad enough. They left everything scattered out when they left. There were dumbbells scattered from one end of the gym to the other, 45lb plates in the middle of the floor, empty gatorade bottles everywhere. Just a mess.

Grag T

Quote from: Buck Ocean on March 02, 2012, 10:33:17 pm
Got an update on PORTUGUESE.  His name has morphed again.  Its his first name combined with the mechanic tool distributor truck he works and drives. 
The new name is MANNY CORNWELL.

Alright Buck, I saw a Cornwell truck on my lunchbreak yesterday and immediately thought of this post, lol
"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live;  it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.  Unselfishness is letting other people's lives alone, not interfering with them.  Selfishness always aims at creating around it an absolute uniformity of type."  - Oscar Wilde

YepItsMe

My favorite was this man and wife combo.  You know they were on roids but my brother and Iw oudl go and work out together.  When we saw them come in we were always like oh no!

Anyways the guy would start lifting stuff and the woman would get in his face and she would be like "COME ON YOU Explicit, explicit, explicit"  Dude woudl be lifting massive weight so he was taking hard breaths after each lift and would just scream like AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH and while all this was going on they were both spraying each other with mouth spit from her yelling and him breathing and screaming all over each others faces.  It was gross but freaking hilarious at the same time because they just both took it like they were tough and weren't showing they were grossed out by it.  Craziest stuff I've seen.

One time there was a woman that was working out and she was wearing very loose clothing.  And she got on the machine that your legs start out spread and then you close them.  Then she had on short shorts and loose ones at that she had on no underwear so I saw all her glory.  Then she bent over to adjust the weights and her shirt was loose and yep you guessed it no bra saw all that to.  Wasn't a bad surgery job either.

DeltaBoy

I like those kind of girl in the gym.

Grag T

That chick definitely qualifies as a RIVER RAT (courtesy of Buck Ocean, see page 2)
"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live;  it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.  Unselfishness is letting other people's lives alone, not interfering with them.  Selfishness always aims at creating around it an absolute uniformity of type."  - Oscar Wilde

10thPlanet

Buck Ocean

WIRELESS - This chick came in the gym there for a summer, couldnt get off the cellphone.  Did cardio: eliptical, stairmill, treadmill, etc.  Cellphone always up to ear.  She was very thin, so much that her metabolism probably didn't require any cardio at all. 

WIRELESS 2 (W2) - "W2" is leaps and bounds ahead of WIRELESS.  She's a hispanic cleaning lady that works at the gym, Monday thru Saturday.  She cleans, takes out trash, wipes windows...all with phone up to ear.  Here's the best part, she vacuums while talking on the freaking phone.  Its nuts.  All spanish too.  Just rambling on.  Its mania.
Think like a Jedi

DeltaBoy

Buck you keep the Instant Classic coming!

urkillnmesmalls

Hot Tub

This guy actually worked at the gym during college, and his big ploy was to impress women by taking them up to the club after hours, like he was a big shot or something.  Then he'd try to close the deal with a drunk dip in the hot tub. 

One morning about 6:15 I'm in there opening up, and I hear a knock on the front door.  There's this girl out there, and I could tell she was distressed.  I opened up the door and asked if I could help her, and she asked if she could go to the Hot Tub room.  Perplexed, I asked why, and she informed me that she had lost her boyfriend's class ring, and she thinks she had taken it off in there the day before.  Sure enough, there it was on the side of the tub with the yarn on it and everything.  I immediately knew exactly which employee it was based on past exploits, and the nickname was born. 

Dumbell

I can't believe no one has mentioned this guy.  He's convinced that using dumbells is the way to go for every exercise possible, and consequently, you can forget using dumbells when he is in there.  He'll have every freakin' one of them starting at 40 lbs.   

I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

xHawgWyldex

This is great. Me and my buddy are regulars during with week at our gym, and gave nicknames to all the other regulars. I've read some of these, and I'd like to add my own, sorry if someone already coined them haha

SHADOW BOXER

Younger guy, decent shape, shaggy hair. Between sets he shadow boxes....and does it horribly. I'm not sure who taught him to shadow box between his set, or if he just wants to feel bad ace, but he stares in the mirrors and throws some punches before moving on to his next set. Really hilarious, especially when you take in to account if he DID get in a fight, he better take it to the ground. Fast.

GYM-HELPER

No matter what kind of exercise you're doing, he's got this "Awesome thing you gotta try" while trying to get you to do it while mid-rep. Usually makes loud noises while lifting his weights, and never talks about anything besides his new-new-new workout he's doing that's giving him great results.

AWKWARD OUT OF SHAPE GYM GUY

You feel bad for him, because he's outlasted all the other January 1sters, but he doesn't really seem to be doing much. Always wanders around awkwardly sets up one station, realizes he really can't do that exercise and then wanders nearby to where you're working out. After you get done he then starts doing the exercise you were doing....but badly.

urkillnmesmalls

I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: xHawgWyldex on March 19, 2012, 02:16:24 am
This is great. Me and my buddy are regulars during with week at our gym, and gave nicknames to all the other regulars. I've read some of these, and I'd like to add my own, sorry if someone already coined them haha

SHADOW BOXER

Younger guy, decent shape, shaggy hair. Between sets he shadow boxes....and does it horribly. I'm not sure who taught him to shadow box between his set, or if he just wants to feel bad ace, but he stares in the mirrors and throws some punches before moving on to his next set. Really hilarious, especially when you take in to account if he DID get in a fight, he better take it to the ground. Fast.

GYM-HELPER

No matter what kind of exercise you're doing, he's got this "Awesome thing you gotta try" while trying to get you to do it while mid-rep. Usually makes loud noises while lifting his weights, and never talks about anything besides his new-new-new workout he's doing that's giving him great results.

AWKWARD OUT OF SHAPE GYM GUY

You feel bad for him, because he's outlasted all the other January 1sters, but he doesn't really seem to be doing much. Always wanders around awkwardly sets up one station, realizes he really can't do that exercise and then wanders nearby to where you're working out. After you get done he then starts doing the exercise you were doing....but badly.

The OUT of shape guy needs someone to give him some direction.

Silver Hog

LIGHT BULB

Humongous guy above the waist, can bench a house and military press a car because that is all he ever does.  He spends the rest of the time chatting with women who laugh at him, since he has a huge gut (that maybe he cannot see below his over-sized pecs?) and tiny legs that never get any workout.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: swisshog on March 20, 2012, 11:08:38 am
LIGHT BULB

Humongous guy above the waist, can bench a house and military press a car because that is all he ever does.  He spends the rest of the time chatting with women who laugh at him, since he has a huge gut (that maybe he cannot see below his over-sized pecs?) and tiny legs that never get any workout.

NICE ^^^

The upside down light bulb

That's the guy who does heavy squats and leg presses all of the time because he has the biggest legs in the gym and is proud of them.  There was a guy in the gym I used to work out in who was like that, and he wanted to get into competitive bodybuilding.  In his first competition they slaughtered him for being out of proportion.  He asked for their feedback, and they told him that he needed to completely neglect his legs in favor of his upper body for at least a year.  Then the next year they said the same thing, and one of the judges told him that he might have to go in a wheelchair to ever get his legs to atrophy down to a size that would allow him to be in balance.   ;D   

urkillnmesmalls

I won't name this person, but this story may be one some people have heard, and it may give him away. 

Years ago I worked out in a gym with a bunch of really successful bodybuilders and power lifters.  Two of the three won Mr. Arkansas, and the third was a competitive powerlifter and ultimately a college football strength coach.

They had a grueling work out about once a month where they did 10 sets of 10 with 405 lbs on squat.  Near the end, said individual went down for a squat and started yelling.  The spotters quickly got the weight off and started asking concerning questions about what he had injured.  Then the smell hit everyone.  He'd pooped in his pants from the strain. 

He was coined Doo Doo.    Although I have to admit that the nickname didn't stick, because he didn't want it to, and that was enough for everyone.   ;) 

DeltaBoy

The Gentleman
He is an old guy who wears a button up shirt, dress shoes , belt and slacks to the gym along with a Flat Cap.
He always looks very stylish even when working out and wipes his face with a cotton hanky when he sweats.

He usually hits the arm machines using 20-30 pounds of weight and then 20 minutes on the bike.  He looks as clean and fresh when he leaves as he does when he comes in and the workers told me he there 5 days a week.

YepItsMe

SLOTH MAN

The guy that comes in and is out of shape.  You feel sorry for him.  He comes in goes to the locker room changes and comes out to work out.  He does some walking on the treadmill to get some sweat.  Then goes to one machine and does it for 3 reps very slowly all while still sitting on the same machine.  Then gets up acted exhausted from it all and showers changes and leaves.

Hogsooey

Sunday Best

He likes to work the heavy bag on Sunday. He's got a good jab and a decent straight right, but he rarely mixes in a right or left hook. He gets in a good workout because he constantly circles the heavy bag with vigorous pace. Amazingly, he doesn't break a sweat. Good thing, because he's decked out in his Sunday Best, a polo shirt tucked into khaki pants finished off with a pair of black boots.

kibster

Can't believe I just now read this thread.  Good stuff.

Let me see if I can add a few.  I work out at a small gym mid mornings on week days in West Little Rock, so I mainly have MILFs and retirees.  I generally have my iPod on so I can avoid awkward conversations, but sometime I forget it at home.

MR. VIAGRA
    New guy at the gym who struck up a conversation and somehow it came up that I have a background in health insurance and health policy.  He then proceeded to tell me how crazy  expensive Viagra is and that it is stupid that his insurance wouldn't cover it.  He had the doctor give him some samples, but he said that he didn't give him enough because he "doesn't like flying without a safety net."  I really wanted to get away, but he was parked right in front of the dumbbell racks just hanging out.  Now when this guy see me he always likes to strike up an awkward conversaition. It doesn't matter if I have my earbuds in or not.

THE EXPERT
   This is a guy who is a "sports therapist" and likes to remind everyone of that fact. I think he got his certification online or by mail.  He knows it all and you are doing it wrong.  Likes to give unsolicited "advice." which is usually bad wrong.  I have ignored him so often that he doesn't even approach me.  He made the mistake of approaching my wife once to give her some advice.  She is too nice just to blow him off like I do, but he was giving her total crap advice.  He then went on to brag about him being a "sports therapist." Just going on and on about what he does making himself sound real important.  He then asked my wife what she did and she replied, "I am a physical therapist and I just spent the last four years completing my doctorate."  He just looked down and  said "oh" and went and grabbed his stuff quickly and fled the gym.

THE NEW TRAINER
   Apparently becoming a "certified trainer" is pretty easy.  There is a new one at the gym and while she is really nice, she is grossly incompetent. She is all the time asking me to show her how to do whatever exercise I am doing and even asking me if her clients are doing exercises right.  What pisses me off more than anything is that she will show her clients how to do something, and then the second they start, she goes and starts working out while they are completing their sets.  She can't even see them so their form goes to crap.  Not real sure what they are paying her for.
Electronic communities build nothing. You wind up with nothing. We are dancing animals. How beautiful it is to get up and go out and do something. We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different. - Kurt Vonnegut

DeltaBoy

LOL

Sweet cheeks   a Hot Mom who wears spandex leggings and no shorts over the top.    That 6 looks like she could crack hickory nuts.

kingofdequeen

Silver Hog

Quote from: DeltaBoy on August 27, 2012, 12:02:10 pm
LOL

Sweet cheeks   a Hot Mom who wears spandex leggings and no shorts over the top.    That 6 looks like she could crack hickory nuts.
Ha, we had one of those at my Gym in Dallas in the late 80's, she come in and do nothing butt these:

Funny how the guys around her would all alter their angles in order to watch her go up and down, up and down , up and down, Yeah I watched it too!

DeltaBoy

Yes ours has an Angel's face and totally rocking body!  And what drives me nuts is she has had 3 kids 2 boys and a girl. 

hawg_heaven

I don't have nicknames but I have a couple of run-ins with a few that kind of irked me.

On a deployment to Kuwait, there was this one guy that would yell everytime he lifted. If it was an exercise that the weights could be dropped, he would drop them everytime as he yelled. I had headphones on and could still hear him. The sad part is that it wasn't like he was lifting a lot of weight, but you would think he was benching 400lbs on bench and 500lbs doing squats with his antics. I hated it when I got to the gym and saw him. One time he was spotting one of his buddies and just yelling in his face. I don't think I ever saw anyone ever lift with him again after that.

Another instance, I had just finished a workout and went into the steam room. This fat naked guy comes in shortly after I went in. He laid down on the floor and preceded to do situps. Everytime he came up, he made a loud farting noise from the suction on the floor. Needless to say, I left the steam room shortly after he started his workout.  :puke:

Silver Hog

STANK BREATH

Went to my small gym about two weeks ago. This guy was a solid beefcake lifting some pretty significant weight.  He even used proper breathing technique and that was the problem. His breath smelled a dead racoon was lodged in his throat.  All of his heavy breathing had contaminated an entire corner of the gym, AND he was moving around so the stank was all over the place.  After half an hour I couldn't stay there any longer and we left. 

GolfNut57

Totally awesome thread. Several stories were hilarious.  :D

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: hawg_heaven on August 31, 2012, 03:58:05 am
I don't have nicknames but I have a couple of run-ins with a few that kind of irked me.

On a deployment to Kuwait, there was this one guy that would yell everytime he lifted. If it was an exercise that the weights could be dropped, he would drop them everytime as he yelled. I had headphones on and could still hear him. The sad part is that it wasn't like he was lifting a lot of weight, but you would think he was benching 400lbs on bench and 500lbs doing squats with his antics. I hated it when I got to the gym and saw him. One time he was spotting one of his buddies and just yelling in his face. I don't think I ever saw anyone ever lift with him again after that.

Another instance, I had just finished a workout and went into the steam room. This fat naked guy comes in shortly after I went in. He laid down on the floor and preceded to do situps. Everytime he came up, he made a loud farting noise from the suction on the floor. Needless to say, I left the steam room shortly after he started his workout.  :puke:

Excellent contributions, but the guy in the second story has a nickname as far as I'm concerned.

Back Fart

DeltaBoy

NWA Hog11

Jacki Chan

I guess I had the same workout schedule as Jacki Chan, who knew? Every day, this skawny asian would come in, patiently wait his turn on the pull up bar, and then start swinging. Once he got enoug momentum, he woul start doing crouching tiger hidden dragon moves all while yelling "hiyahhh" and "oiiiii" and "chakahhh" after every move. Im sure it was a great workout for core and arms, but very unorthadox and strange. Its like he was trying to drop kick/scissor kick/ninja kick the mirrored wall that was directly in front of him.
Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're an Arkansas Razorback fan! GO HOGS!

razorbackfanatic

Lol we got a new about a year ago. He wants to be a body builder.  He's a big Guy about 6'3' or 6'4" and probably about 240 when he started. He has giant nipple rings and always wears a cutoff shirt to show them off or no shirt. Even though we try to assist him he does way too much weight than he should and does nutty reps. I'm in awe that he's never seriously injured himself. He sweats so much that his shirt looks like he jumped in a pool with it on. He lifts such heavy weight that he grunts and his legs shake but its like the most dramatic thing you've ever seen. You would really have to see him, I can't really capture how he is on this lol. He probably weighs about 270 or so now. He's gotten bigger but he's gained a lot of fat as well. He started eating like a body builder right off the bat, and he didn't have the muscle for his calorie intake.  He was also drinking 4 to 5 gallons of water a day lol! He finally listened to us and cut his water down. There's never a dull moment when he's at the gym!

WhenThisHogsARockin

Love the bump on this thread.

I had an experience as a guest at a gym...not even a member.  I was dead lifting away from the racks, all to myself.  After my first set, this gym bro appeared out of no where and watched me for every single set I did.  When I was done after a few sets, he walked up to me and told me he was one of the gym's personal trainers and that I should probably be using a rack to do squats because it's much safer.  He offered to give me some pointers, but I just shook my head and left it at that.

Buff

Is there a name for guys who load up on so many supps that halfway through their workout they have to go to the bathroom and proceed to destroy the toilets and damage the paint on the walls?  Because I think my gym has a few of those.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: Buff on December 15, 2012, 05:29:32 am
Is there a name for guys who load up on so many supps that halfway through their workout they have to go to the bathroom and proceed to destroy the toilets and damage the paint on the walls?  Because I think my gym has a few of those.

Poop Painter  ??

Amino Acid A$$  ?? 

Saw one the other day.  He's in good shape, but he has this focus on lats.  He has no thickness from front to back, and his lat width looks completely out of balance.  His nickname:  The Glider. 

Silver Hog