Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SEC Opener at home this year

Started by flippinhogmana, August 22, 2017, 03:21:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

flippinhogmana

It seems like forever since we have had a decent SEC schedule.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

psycHOGlogist

I actually like this schedule. Our home-and-homes are with Bama (improving but not a powerhouse), Mizzou (will be good), and Kentucky (who should have a down year this year after graduating their stars Epps and Akhator and having numerous recruiting defections and transfers the past couple years).

We have a couple unfortunate away dates for games we should have a chance to win, like UGA, Vandy, and Auburn (who should be down this year), but we get Florida, LSU, and Ole Miss at home (again, I think these are competitive games for us).

Probably doesn't matter where we play Tenner, South Carolina, or Mississippi State this year, tbh. TAMU (which is home for us) will be interesting. They lost their PG who was a great distributor, but they return their 6'5" post who killed us last year (Hillsman) and they are getting in a frosh PG who is absolutely outstanding (Carter). I think they are going to be pretty good, though not all that deep.

psycHOGlogist