Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

This is one of many reason why MU hates KU

Started by mizzouman, January 27, 2012, 12:46:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mizzouman

There is this RUMOR going around that the Mizzou student body will be wearing t-shirts with "NoMomTom" on it when KU comes to town.  This is in reference to Thomas Robinson and his mother passing away.  A well documented story.  Of course, the RUMOR was started by a KU fan.

This is as low as it gets not to mention the fact that these people are exploiting something very private and personal.  SAD, SAD, SAD....

http://postgamepresser.com/opening-bell-what-are-no-mom-tom-shirts-craig-james-is-insufferable-fear-factor-contestants-are-drinking/

Amityvillehogger

Quote from: mizzouman on January 27, 2012, 12:46:55 pm
There is this RUMOR going around that the Mizzou student body will be wearing t-shirts with "NoMomTom" on it when KU comes to town.  This is in reference to Thomas Robinson and his mother passing away.  A well documented story.  Of course, the RUMOR was started by a KU fan.

This is as low as it gets not to mention the fact that these people are exploiting something very private and personal.  SAD, SAD, SAD....

http://postgamepresser.com/opening-bell-what-are-no-mom-tom-shirts-craig-james-is-insufferable-fear-factor-contestants-are-drinking/

You think your the only school with this issue? Same thing happen this year with Garrett Uekman on our football team when we played LSU.  Only thing is, their players were saying crap on the field. THE WHOLE GAME.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

cardsNhogs

BJ Rains tweeted this yesterday. He is a writer for Fox sports Midwest. Mizzu fans did deny this and were upset about this rumor. I tend to think nobody can be this low. Im saying false on this one.

Ftsmithmike

I'll be honest with you man. I never thought any thing negative about Mizzou fans and really didn't have anything to go on besides a couple of your backhanded compliments here. But after the recruiting of DGB I have come to see Mizzou fans in a very different light. This is a trashy fan base and I am not saying the average Mizzou fan would participate but you do have a disgusting segment that your school seems to embrace. The behavior has been as bad as any I have ever encountered as a fan.
"Here a question arises: whether it is better to be loved than feared, or the reverse. The answer is, of course, that it would be best to be both loved and feared. But since the two rarely come together, anyone compelled to choose will find greater security in being feared than in being loved."

HogShanks

Man that's sad and low! But if you want some laughs, just scroll down past the article... there's some funny stuff below.

Amityvillehogger

Quote from: Ftsmithmike on January 27, 2012, 12:53:26 pm
I'll be honest with you man. I never thought any thing negative about Mizzou fans and really didn't have anything to go on besides a couple of your backhanded compliments here. But after the recruiting of DGB I have come to see Mizzou fans in a very different light. This is a trashy fan base and I am not saying the average Mizzou fan would participate but you do have a disgusting segment that your school seems to embrace. The behavior has been as bad as any I have ever encountered as a fan.

With the crown jewl being the Misery idiot tweeting Arkansas recruits.  Tells me all I need to know about that fan base.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

AcePigtura

Let's not forget that when Nolan's daughter died, Mizzou fans taunted Nolan to the point that Norm Stewart stopped the game and admonished the fans.

Mizzou is trash. They think they're special. Garbage. I hope KU beats them by 75.

Amityvillehogger

Quote from: AcePigtura on January 27, 2012, 12:58:42 pm
Let's not forget that when Nolan's daughter died, Mizzou fans taunted Nolan to the point that Norm Stewart stopped the game and admonished the fans.

Mizzou is trash. They think they're special. Garbage. I hope KU beats them by 175.

FIFY
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

mizzouman

Quote from: Amityvillehogger on January 27, 2012, 12:56:44 pm
With the crown jewl being the Misery idiot tweeting Arkansas recruits.  Tells me all I need to know about that fan base.
Both ways dude, both ways.  Razorback fans are not angels either.  In fact, well I'll just let it go at that.

But, this isn't about recruiting or the way a kid plays.  This is about exploiting the grief of another player.  No one should stoop that low.  If any Mizzou fans even thought about doing this, I would be very dissappointment and outraged.

AcePigtura

Quote from: mizzouman on January 27, 2012, 01:02:24 pm
Both ways dude, both ways.  Razorback fans are not angels either.  In fact, well I'll just let it go at that.

But, this isn't about recruiting or the way a kid plays.  This is about exploiting the grief of another player.  No one should stoop that low.  If any Mizzou fans even thought about doing this, I would be very dissappointment and outraged.

I don't know how old you are, but do you recall the incident I referenced about Nolan's daughter?

Ftsmithmike

Did you read this thread? Your Antlers have a history of this type of behavior. It is certainly not beyond the pale for that bunch. And your fan base is not getting any sympathy on Hogville after showing their asses throughout DGB recruiting. I actually though Mizzou was a classy school that was on par with Vandy until this year. Now I see that the fan base is overflowing with white trash. And I guess your schools admin has really shown their hand by sweeping Pinkels DUI under the rug. I now put your fan base and school on par with Ole Miss.
"Here a question arises: whether it is better to be loved than feared, or the reverse. The answer is, of course, that it would be best to be both loved and feared. But since the two rarely come together, anyone compelled to choose will find greater security in being feared than in being loved."

Hogeye_Pierce

Ever heard of "The Antlers"? This sort of stuff is right up their alley. Any non-Mizzou fans could TOTALLY see them doing something like that. That's what lends credibility to the rumor.
Cry HAVOC and let slip the Hogs of war!

HF#1

I'm an angel bro. 
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

swinetologist1

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

RAF

Both ways dude, both ways.  Razorback fans are not angels either. In fact, well I'll just let it go at that.

Probably a good move on your part.

Did you really expect sympathy because there's a rumor going around that Missouri fans might be doing something classless, and, according to you, some mean KU fan is the one who started it?  Missouri fans have a reputation for doing worse.

If it's not true, then there won't be any shirts, your fanbase will join the vast majority of people in being decent human beings (for the afternoon, at least), and no one will think twice about the rumor.  If there are shirts, then this wasn't a rumor...

mizzouman

Quote from: AcePigtura on January 27, 2012, 01:04:38 pm
I don't know how old you are, but do you recall the incident I referenced about Nolan's daughter?

Remind me.

mizzouman

Quote from: Ftsmithmike on January 27, 2012, 01:07:11 pm
Did you read this thread? Your Antlers have a history of this type of behavior. It is certainly not beyond the pale for that bunch. And your fan base is not getting any sympathy on Hogville after showing their asses throughout DGB recruiting. I actually though Mizzou was a classy school that was on par with Vandy until this year. Now I see that the fan base is overflowing with white trash. And I guess your schools admin has really shown their hand by sweeping Pinkels DUI under the rug. I now put your fan base and school on par with Ole Miss.

Look, you guys show your asses just like anyone else so don't go all high and mighty with that.  All of the Pinkel and DUI stuff.  That's serious business but I let it go because Pinkel deserves it.  Besides, all that is just fun and games, this is a little different.

You see, the KU fan exposed Thomas Robinson to something he should not be exposed to.  It's not about someone lying and sayng what Mizzou's student body will do, but it's about exposing your own playing to that.  TRob does not need this but the KU fan brought all back for him.  That's the sad part.  I don't care if someone is lying about the Mizzou students.  I don't give a rats ass about that.  It was about TRob and his mother.  Why would any fan put one of their players throught that??

mizzouman

Quote from: Hogeye_Pierce on January 27, 2012, 01:16:46 pm
Ever heard of "The Antlers"? This sort of stuff is right up their alley. Any non-Mizzou fans could TOTALLY see them doing something like that. That's what lends credibility to the rumor.
The Antlers have done some crude things over the years.  But, the AD did disband them and they are no longer part of the student section.  It was only until recently, they have made a comeback but with less "power" and are a lot less crude.

mizzouman

Quote from: dxf04 on January 27, 2012, 01:38:23 pm
Probably a good move on your part.

Did you really expect sympathy because there's a rumor going around that Missouri fans might be doing something classless, and, according to you, some mean KU fan is the one who started it?  Missouri fans have a reputation for doing worse.

If it's not true, then there won't be any shirts, your fanbase will join the vast majority of people in being decent human beings (for the afternoon, at least), and no one will think twice about the rumor.  If there are shirts, then this wasn't a rumor...

READ, READ, READ.......It's not about sympathy for Mizzou.  I don't care.  It's about putting your OWN player through this AGAIN.  Why would you subject a fellow student or a player on a team you root for to this?  It's just bringing out some old wounds that this player does not need.  Who would do that?  I'm not asking for sympathy.  Are you kidding me?  On here?  Please...

RAF

Quote from: mizzouman on January 27, 2012, 02:01:25 pm
READ, READ, READ.......It's not about sympathy for Mizzou.  I don't care.  It's about putting your OWN player through this AGAIN.  Why would you subject a fellow student or a player on a team you root for to this?  It's just bringing out some old wounds that this player does not need.  Who would do that?  I'm not asking for sympathy.  Are you kidding me?  On here?  Please...
Your premise is based on the assertion that "KU fans started this rumor".  I'm certainly not convinced that's the case.  Far more likely that some Mizzou fans joked about doing something along those lines on a message board.

Breems

Very disturbing indeed.

The message board segment of Mizzou fans is probably much worse than ours.  Basketball fans went complete ape-**** after dropping one to OSU... c'mon, you' were #2 in the country and should be enjoying Haith's anomaly as long as possible; the Mike Anderson hangover is soon to end.  We might need to donate some Ole Miss fans over there to explain the rest of the process.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

mizzouman

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2012, 02:16:50 pm
Very disturbing indeed.

The message board segment of Mizzou fans is probably much worse than ours.  Basketball fans went complete ape-**** after dropping one to OSU... c'mon, you' were #2 in the country and should be enjoying Haith's anomaly as long as possible; the Mike Anderson hangover is soon to end.  We might need to donate some Ole Miss fans over there to explain the rest of the process.

What does this have to do with KU fans putting their own players through that?  These threads really tend to off course quickly around here lately. 

josh_sec33

What is it about the Big XII(-1+2-...oh forget it.) North? I mean, KSU, KU, MU all have shown their tail in their fan bases.

How bad are the Iowa State fans? Nebraska fans had their moments, and Colorado's weren't angels either.

Actually, now that I think about it....what is about the BIG(insert number here) fans in general?

Quote from: Hogstocking on February 07, 2008, 11:45:16 am
The 'fence' has been replaced by the Great Wall of China wrapped in barbed wire guarded by snipers. 

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

Breems

Quote from: mizzouman on January 27, 2012, 02:36:03 pm
What does this have to do with KU fans putting their own players through that?  These threads really tend to off course quickly around here lately. 

What does KU and MU have to do with Arkansas basketball?  These threads really tend to start off course quickly around here lately.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Amityvillehogger

Quote from: mizzouman on January 27, 2012, 01:56:52 pm
Look, you guys show your asses just like anyone else so don't go all high and mighty with that.  All of the Pinkel and DUI stuff.  That's serious business but I let it go because Pinkel deserves it.  Besides, all that is just fun and games, this is a little different.

You see, the KU fan exposed Thomas Robinson to something he should not be exposed to.  It's not about someone lying and sayng what Mizzou's student body will do, but it's about exposing your own playing to that.  TRob does not need this but the KU fan brought all back for him.  That's the sad part.  I don't care if someone is lying about the Mizzou students.  I don't give a rats ass about that.  It was about TRob and his mother.  Why would any fan put one of their players throught that??

Dude, you chose to be here.  Not the other way around. Don't whine about us being a bad fanbase when your here on hogville and not on the myeyesareburning forum.

Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

RAF

The link you posted indicated that the rumor started on TigerBoard, by Mizzou fans.  Care to prove your assertion that it was actually started by KU fans?  If you can't, what you're doing by claiming over and over than this is "KU is subjecting one of their own to this" is just as bad (and probably worse) that what you're claiming they're doing... and outs your feigned disgust as false (not that many of us believe that you're sincere about it, anyways).

I suppose that in the unacceptable event that there are NMT shirts in the crowd, you're going to claim that they're KU fans in disguise?

swinetologist1

January 27, 2012, 03:45:07 pm #26 Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 03:47:46 pm by swinetologist1
Quote from: dxf04 on January 27, 2012, 02:05:18 pm
Your premise is based on the assertion that "KU fans started this rumor".  I'm certainly not convinced that's the case.  Far more likely that some Mizzou fans joked about doing something along those lines on a message board.

Yeah, his name is probably mizzou_kev or something similar? Although he's probably not opposed to posing as a KU fan. @callindemhawgz comes to mind
"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

AcePigtura

Quote from: mizzouman on January 27, 2012, 01:52:44 pm
Remind me.

Richardson's daughter had recently died of leukemia, it was '86 or '87. Hogs were playing at Mizzou and the students started chanting something horrible about the daughter. I don't know what it was or what exactly unfolded. But Norm Stewart eventually stopped the game and took the pa and told those responsible that if they didn't stop he would end the game or take other action.

Trash. Worst display by fans I have ever seen.

mizzouman

Quote from: Amityvillehogger on January 27, 2012, 03:10:53 pm
Dude, you chose to be here.  Not the other way around. Don't whine about us being a bad fanbase when your here on hogville and not on the myeyesareburning forum.

Not whining.  I understand.

HiggiePiggy

DUIs are just fun and games?   Really man.  I can forgive a person for that but I wouldn't go around saying it's all ok it was just fun and games. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Woopig744

Quote from: Amityvillehogger on January 27, 2012, 12:50:22 pm
You think your the only school with this issue? Same thing happen this year with Garrett Uekman on our football team when we played LSU.  Only thing is, their players were saying crap on the field. THE WHOLE GAME.

For anyone that questioned what Coach Petrino was shown saying on TV during the game, that is a great justification for it.  No way the players said that on the field without their coach knowing about it.  Completely classless. 

RockChalkJayhawk

Against my better judgement I shall respond to the garbage you dumped here, Mizzouman.  First off, this is a Razorback message board, not a landfill for your MU-KU pissing-match coverage.  Why you posted this crap here is beyond me.  Perhaps you feel you are an SEC guy now... well, I am sure that Hog-Nation is delighted to have you and the rest of your lovely fans. 

Right off the bat, I'm disappointed in myself as a poster, that I even feel the need to respond to you.

Now, for the t-shirt fiasco, from your very own unreadable Tigerboard:
http://www.tigerboard.com/boards/missouri-tigers.php?message=9333324
"The t-shirt rumor was posted on the 26th from a first time poster who registered about half an hour before the post was made. That poster was using an IP address reserved for an apparel company in California. Seems strange that such a person would be privy to rumors going around in Columbia, MO, but I guess it's possible."

And let's trace the "no-mom-tom" reference to Tigerboard on November 22nd.
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:MkBicNeZUSIJ:www.tigerboard.com/boards/missouri-tigers.php%3Fmessage%3D9150286+&cd=5&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a

And, January 16th.
http://theshiver.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12890

All this crap was a product of your own fans on Tigerboard.  I'd link some tweets and other responses, but I've already littered this forum with enough junk on this topic in which Hog fans care nothing of.  Nor should they.

Gameday video feature on Thomas Robinson - get to know his story.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MJrfDEwwEE

And finally, why don't we just get brutally honest, Mizzouman, about where your hatred for KU originates:

There are obviously many poor fans from fanbases all over this country, KU and MU are no exceptions.  There are also some great fans, fans who can discuss, debate, and cheer for their teams, yet remain respectful while doing so.  Your starting this thread here, for no reason other than to condescendingly seek approval from fellow SEC fans, reeks of "wannabe" status.

DoubleJ

Quote from: RockChalkJayhawk on January 28, 2012, 04:20:19 am
Against my better judgement I shall respond to the garbage you dumped here, Mizzouman.  First off, this is a Razorback message board, not a landfill for your MU-KU pissing-match coverage.  Why you posted this crap here is beyond me.  Perhaps you feel you are an SEC guy now... well, I am sure that Hog-Nation is delighted to have you and the rest of your lovely fans. 

Right off the bat, I'm disappointed in myself as a poster, that I even feel the need to respond to you.

"The t-shirt rumor was posted on the 26th from a first time poster who registered about half an hour before the post was made. That poster was using an IP address reserved for an apparel company in California. Seems strange that such a person would be privy to rumors going around in Columbia, MO, but I guess it's possible."

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:MkBicNeZUSIJ:www.tigerboard.com/boards/missouri-tigers.php%3Fmessage%3D9150286+&cd=5&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a

And, January 16th.

All this crap was a product of your own fans on Tigerboard.  I'd link some tweets and other responses, but I've already littered this forum with enough junk on this topic in which Hog fans care nothing of.  Nor should they.

And finally, why don't we just get brutally honest, Mizzouman, about where your hatred for KU originates:

There are obviously many poor fans from fanbases all over this country, KU and MU are no exceptions.  There are also some great fans, fans who can discuss, debate, and cheer for their teams, yet remain respectful while doing so.  Your starting this thread here, for no reason other than to condescendingly seek approval from fellow SEC fans, reeks of "wannabe" status.

Oh snap!!!1!!!  (grabs popcorn)

The_Iceman

I may be wrong, but every time someone in the SEC loses a family member, it seems like we always start a thread and offer up prayers for their loss.

If Les Miles lost a child or relative, id be the first on here to offer up prayers for him and his family.

Just about everyone on this board recognizes the line between heckling and cruel abuse.

WBOBO

Dang RockChalk, if your basketball team plays half as good as your pencil whippin you put on that young lad, I think I might bet KU.
The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.

Corkscrew Johnson

I thought people at MU hated Kansas because they beat you all the time.

McKdaddy

Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

McKdaddy

And, January 16th.

I've always enjoyed RCJ's posts
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

TRUHOG718

January 28, 2012, 09:13:56 am #38 Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 09:29:42 am by TRUHOG718

Don't be dissappointed Rockchalk I for one am not happy about this move. I understand the tv market revenue stuff and all. But from a casual fan standpoint I am disappointed in the SEC with his move because now the Mizzou fans are our problem. This does not seem below Mizzou's fans to pull some crap like this. In all my time as a sports fan I have never come across a fan base as obnoxious, arrogant or who suffer from small persons complex as much as Mizzou and Kansas state. It seems most of those fans were seriously neglected as children or have a serious glue sniffing problem. They just have a serious problem separating fake from reality. They have a borderline scary Ghey man-crush on KU and somehow have convinced themselves that they are a better program than KU and that coach MA did nothing for their program, when in reality they couldn't shine KU's shoes and they are butthurt with coach MA for coming home.

As much as I dislike Kentucky I enjoy walking into a Bar a the SEC tournament and talking hoops with their fans because most are knowledgeable as is most SEC fans. Try having an adult sports conversation from Tigeroard and it usually goes something like this.

Hog Fan 1a -Bartender Ill have a vodka and get this man whatever he's drinking. So I see you've got on a Mizzou shirt on is that your team?

Mizzou guy 1b--yup, and we own Kansas, and well own you too!

1a--ok I didn't ask about Kansas. So how did you start rooting for Mizzou?

1b--the hogs suck, so does Kansas. We own them!

1a--Sir. stats say Kansas has indeed owned you for many many years.

1b--Screw stats. Mzzou is far superior to all other schools in he land, and Mike Anderson can't coach, Im so glad he's gone.

1a--didnt Mike Anderson take you to he elite 8 and revive your program?

1b--Look Arky guy Your a cross eyed poo poo face, don't you be coming over here with all those stats and rational talk.  Didn't i tell you we own kansas.

1a--sooooo you've been accepted into the SEC.

1b--yeah, were going to own the SEC. Kentucky will be our rival, We will own Kentucky just like Kansas!

1a--dude your really hyper you should really learn to relax

1b--relax this? your moms a whore, and so is all the girls who go to Kansas!

1b--bartender, Thanks for the Vodka, Ill be going now.

**YEAH I CANT WAIT FOR THIS WHEN MIZZOU GETS TO THE SEC  :puke:
http://www.sicollection.com/assets/images/nolan_richardson_300.jpg

One Day. We Will Be Back. I Promise You This.

pfrg999

And, January 16th.

Normally I would smite you for your name alone... As I have done to EVERYONE on the Board who has Mizz, or Kansas or Texas or anyone but the Hogs... Nothing Personal... This is just a Hog Board... Have no CARE IF MU HATES KU AND IF MIZZ WANTS TO PLAY WHITE TRASH .....Let 'em if they want...If KU wants a Gnome with a Cub foot as a mascot or power forward... I dont care... because they are all the same... some hated more but
  KU=MU=UT=OU=OL MISS=LSU=GA=BAMA= etc = etc =etc... ALL ARE NOT THE HOGS...

HOWEVER +1 ...That was awesome!!!! I wish modern Journalists had your ability to do research... you do do some good work though!!
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

intoxhog

Politicians and diapers should be changed frequently and all for the same reason. ~José Maria de Eça de Queiroz

New Pig In Town

No sympathy for Mizzou fans.  This is the same fan base that threw batteries at the KU players and coaches during a boarder war game in KC.

SquidBilly

Mizzouman,
If it makes you feel better I will start the rumor right now that I'll be printing shirts that say .08 for fans to wear when Mizzou comes into RRS the first time for a SEC football game.  That is if Pinkel is still you're coach by then.