Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Watching our kid's celebrate on the sidelines...

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, November 04, 2017, 06:36:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: porkurina on November 04, 2017, 07:02:39 pm
They know it wasn't their best game but they never gave up. Let them celebrate, reality will set in.

This x1000.

These kids will be reminded by everyone they come into contact with that this team isn't that good. For Pete sakes, a bunch of grown men saying that these kids shouldn't celebrate a win cuz the score should've been much different is the epitome of sad.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

RazorbacksFTW

The next coach is gonna have a hell of a job teaching these kids terrible play and whatever is below mediocrity is not acceptable.
Don't be surprised if the next coach has a completely different starting lineup because some of these players will not be able to be re trained into a winning mindset.

SouthFloridaHog

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on November 04, 2017, 07:03:22 pm
I'm sure not the one kicking my kids in the head and cracking their skulls because they're relieved they won. You really are a true jerk.
Whoa! Buckwheat.  I never said get violent with anyone. 
Is it duck season?

logic

Quote from: mhuff on November 04, 2017, 06:44:50 pm
Any win is better than a loss. It will be okay with me if we win the next three games by a point each
Of course.  However, somehow I suspect the talent level for the next three teams is higher than Mississippi and especially Coastal Carolina.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: ShadowHawg on November 04, 2017, 06:47:36 pm
Having been a coach I couldn't disagree more. The coaches should have lit them up and got them back to the locker room as fast as possible and lit them up again.

They won, but that's about it. They got their butts kicked everywhere but the scoreboard and it wasn't simply scheme it was effort.

They should be embarrassed.

Having been a Coach you should know that it is the responsibility of the Staff to get the players ready mentally and physically. This is on the staff all the way.
Go Hogs Go!

TheEnemy

Quote from: hogz11 on November 04, 2017, 07:03:19 pm
These "skin of their teeth" wins may keep this piss poor joke of a coach around. That's the problem.....

You don't beat on the players though.....Do you want them to just lay down or put forth effort?

The players jobs are to keep trying...not help the fanbase fire the coach!

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: SouthFloridaHog on November 04, 2017, 07:04:08 pm

You must want BB and the rest of the crew back again next year.   Be sure to pick up your happy face at the exit. (Or Sonic)

Being ok with these kids celebrating = wanting BB and everyone else back?

Tremendous thought process.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: SouthFloridaHog on November 04, 2017, 07:04:08 pm

You must want BB and the rest of the crew back again next year.   Be sure to pick up your happy face at the exit. (Or Sonic)

So your actually upset that they won because of the coach???

WHAT KIND OF FAN ARE YOU??
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Hogs49ers

Quote from: TheEnemy on November 04, 2017, 07:04:49 pm
You do that when you have a championship caliber team.....that played down.

You do that with a team that is struggling and you lose them.

You don't beat on players when the team is struggling and they show life...you try and build off it

Thats common sense....and Saban would know that.

You gotta start setting the expectations higher at some point bub...
SCREW Vandy!

RazorbacksFTW

Quote from: RazorbacksFTW on November 04, 2017, 07:05:02 pm
The next coach is gonna have a hell of a job teaching these kids terrible play and whatever is below mediocrity is not acceptable.
Don't be surprised if the next coach has a completely different starting lineup because some of these players will not be able to be re trained into a winning mindset.
Some of the fans are also showing the same mindset as some of these players and we all know how hard it is to convince these loser mentality fans that being terrible is not acceptable.

ShadowHawg

Celebrating this game is equal to a participation trophy.

cal34

I remember when we were making our National Championship run in basketball.  Players said they wouldn't celebrate until they won the championship. Now we celebrate after CC.

pigmania

Quote from: Hogs49ers on November 04, 2017, 06:38:07 pm
I was backing them up last week when they were dancing around in the locker room after the comeback win against Ole Piss, but I have to admit that this is kind of pissing me off and annoying me to see them dance after sneaking out this win.  I feel like it should not bother me and I should be happy for them, but I am having a really hard time being a good person right now...

It just feels like the bar has been lowered so much.  Saban would not allow that and has his players feeling bad if they do not win a game by 30 against us.  The expectations are just not where they need to be here.
I agree with you! Saban would never coach here because Razorback fans party over a come from behind 1 point victory over a horrible sun belt team. Saban would be pissed over this game and how the players performed. In turn Razorback fans would be mad at Saban for being too hard on the poor kiddies.

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: SouthFloridaHog on November 04, 2017, 07:06:27 pm
Whoa! Buckwheat.  I never said get violent with anyone.

Great, sweet cheeks, I'm glad you cleared that much up. You're still a real jerk for telling kids they can't be happy they pulled one out that they almost lost.  I'm furious that we have fans that pull that kind of butt-brained crap.
I expect to win the games we ought to win and be competitive in as many other games as possible. - M Barton

Farmer Hogget

The only thing I see as pathetic is grown men who claim to be Razorback fans are unhappy that their team won.  I don't care who the team is, I don't care where their from, I don't care what their record is, the team I support won!  Yes!  And if you wanted the team to lose just because you hate the coach, then you're not a Razorback fan.  Yes, I said it.  You do not meet the definition of a fan, you are merely a hater of a big fat white guy!

Mr Jade

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on November 04, 2017, 07:07:29 pm
So your actually upset that they won because of the coach???

WHAT KIND OF FAN ARE YOU??

The kind that can see a bigger picture.
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 27, 2017, 08:12:12 pmNORVELL, Baby.

*Please refrain from claimin "Pokey guaranteed Norvell!!!"*

Quote from: GuvHog on October 06, 2019, 07:52:47 pm
The game against SJS was an abnormality. Even though the players were cautioned not to, they got caught looking past SJS to A&M. They learned a valuable lesson and I don't see them repeating that mistake.

Grag T

Beating a scrub ass team by one point is nothing to celebrate.  Apparently we are even worse than anyone thought.
"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live;  it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.  Unselfishness is letting other people's lives alone, not interfering with them.  Selfishness always aims at creating around it an absolute uniformity of type."  - Oscar Wilde

pigmania

Quote from: Farmer Hogget on November 04, 2017, 07:11:20 pm
The only thing I see as pathetic is grown men who claim to be Razorback fans are unhappy that their team won.  I don't care who the team is, I don't care where their from, I don't care what their record is, the team I support won!  Yes!  And if you wanted the team to lose just because you hate the coach, then you're not a Razorback fan.  Yes, I said it.  You do not meet the definition of a fan, you are merely a hater of a big fat white guy!
Little racist there aren't ya?

Hogs49ers

Quote from: Farmer Hogget on November 04, 2017, 07:11:20 pm

Being upset for our team celebrating a 1 pt come from behind victory over a 1-7 Sunbelt team at home does not equal being upset that our team won.
SCREW Vandy!

TheEnemy

Quote from: Hogs49ers on November 04, 2017, 07:08:01 pm
You gotta start setting the expectations higher at some point bub...

News Flash bub....we are a poorly coached bad football team.

At this point its just make it to the end...and hope we can make a good hire.

Again.....WE STILL HAVE TO HAVE A PRODUCT GOOD ENOUGH TO ATTRACT A DECENT COACH.

Players quitting will not help that!

rzrbackramsfan

Yea, it irked me.  Bad culture in the locker room right now to be so happy with that. 

If I was AD, I would no doubt fire BB today to send a message that we at Arkansas have expectations and not once this year have those expectations been met. 

Quickdraw

These kids haven't had much to celebrate about this year. It's ok for them to smile even though it was an ugly win.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: Grag T on November 04, 2017, 07:12:36 pm
Beating a scrub ass team by one point is nothing to celebrate.  Apparently we are even worse than anyone thought.

The coaches should be irate. The AD should be really reconsidering this coaches future here. The fans have a right to be embarrassed/upset...

...but getting mad that the kids are happy they won is just pathetic. If you don't want to celebrate, then don't. But all the hate towards the kids is uncalled for.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on November 04, 2017, 06:36:01 pm
No matter how you feel about the coaching staff It good to see these youngsta's smile again.

Believe me they will get a ear full from media (and classmate's) the moment they step out of that locker room until next Saturday so let them enjoy the moment looking at the scoreboard.

Goodness.  No.

Please tell me this is a troll attempt.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Hogs49ers

Quote from: TheEnemy on November 04, 2017, 07:15:20 pm
News Flash bub....we are a poorly coached bad football team.

At this point its just make it to the end...and hope we can make a good hire.

Again.....WE STILL HAVE TO HAVE A PRODUCT GOOD ENOUGH TO ATTRACT A DECENT COACH.

Players quitting will not help that!

I think you may be confused, I do not want our players to quit and what makes you think that I do not agree that this is a poorly coached, bad football team??  I do care how bad they are, it is a mindset, we are more talented than what we are showing.  It is the same mindset that you have right now and that is the mindset that our players have and that is the problem.  This is unacceptable and that has to be drilled into their heads. 
SCREW Vandy!

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: hogz11 on November 04, 2017, 07:14:43 pm
Some of the fans are also showing the same mindset as some of these players and we all know how hard it is to convince these loser mentality fans that being terrible is not acceptable.

^^^^^^^BINGO

Totally stupid post. I want a better coach and better play. But I'm not stupid enough to pre-judge how players will accept a new coach even before we make a change. Dumb as dirt. Dumb.
I expect to win the games we ought to win and be competitive in as many other games as possible. - M Barton

SouthFloridaHog

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on November 04, 2017, 07:10:58 pm
Great, sweet cheeks, I'm glad you cleared that much up. You're still a real jerk for telling kids they can't be happy they pulled one out that they almost lost.  I'm furious that we have fans that pull that kind of butt-brained crap.
Ok cute britches...   Im sure we can all get along. 
When coaches expect more from young men (than a last drive.. 1 point VICTORY! over a team like this) then and only then,  will we be on the road to recovery!
Is it duck season?

hawgdavis

Quote from: TheEnemy on November 04, 2017, 06:42:44 pm
Have ya'll never played and experienced a come from behind  win?

Nothing wrong with the players getting excited about winning and celebrating that come from behind win.

Good Grief.....I'm mad at CBB too.....but let them enjoy their victory.

Yea they should get a participation trophy for playing this year. They should all be embarrassed at how they played today and not hooping around and celebrating like the came from behind to beat Bama or Auburn.

I played in a game in high school that we had to come back to beat a bad team that we should have beat easily and some of us were celebrating and our coaches got on our ass for it and told us we should be ashamed of how we played and should be looking at ourselves hard and thinking of how to not ever let this happen again. They told us point blank we didn't deserve to win that game and practice was hell the next week. Never forgot that lesson. This is how our players should have been dealt with today.

By the way our coaches did this to us on the field infront of everyone and did it loudly. We didn't win a championship but we did win out the rest of the regular season but lost to a better team in the playoffs 25-12 but played our ass off.
After that one they patted us on the back and told us we should be proud and to hold our heads up because we gave it our best against the best team in the state . That team went on to win it all that year by the way

TheEnemy

Quote from: hogz11 on November 04, 2017, 07:17:33 pm
The unicorn sunshine pumpers can't wrap their minds around this concept.

Its idiotic to expect players to not be excited about a come from behind win.

I want CBB gone too....but I also understand the emotions that go one with fighting come back and win.

They have had a rotten season....you can't expect them to be sullen over actually winning.

We aren't Bama right now...we are limping through the season with a lot of worse days ahead of us.....let them have their 15 minutes....they have alot more pain ahead of them.

Or beat on them for fighting back and lets just cancel the damn season

Lady Razorback

Quote from: BorderPatrol on November 04, 2017, 06:41:44 pm
Regardless of your feelings of the coaching staff, you can't take it away from the student athletes. Be mad at th coaches all you want, not at the SAs.

bp

Come on.  The players should know that the team they just beat by one point is 1-7, winless in the Sunbelt.  The players are old enough to know that they should be embarrassed and walking off the field with their heads hanging.  The fact that they escaped with a win did not deserve the celebration they gave it. 

hawgdavis

Quote from: TheEnemy on November 04, 2017, 07:23:45 pm

I want CBB gone too....but I also understand the emotions that go one with fighting come back and win.

They have had a rotten season....you can't expect them to be sullen over actually winning.

We aren't Bama right now...we are limping through the season with a lot of worse days ahead of us.....let them have their 15 minutes....they have alot more pain ahead of them.

BS they should be embarrassed and quietly head to the locker room and with a real HC be ready to get chewed out

WPS2k18

Quote from: TheEnemy on November 04, 2017, 06:50:02 pm
You still need the players to keep fighting and working.....we still have to be able to attract a coach.

So you let the players enjoy their comeback....and you keep grinding and salvage as much as you can until we can get a new coach.

This
Im calling it now... Hogs 2047 National Champs.

Lady Razorback

Quote from: TheEnemy on November 04, 2017, 07:23:45 pm

I don't think that bashing players is ever acceptable.  However, a come from behind win against Coastal Carolina that you should have beaten by 40?  That does not deserve that celebration.  They need to have some dang pride. 

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: hawgdavis on November 04, 2017, 07:23:08 pm
Yea they should get a participation trophy for playing this year. They should all be embarrassed at how they played today and not hooping around and celebrating like the came from behind to beat Bama or Auburn.

I played in a game in high school that we had to come back to beat a bad team that we should have beat easily and some of us were celebrating and our coaches got on our ass for it and told us we should be ashamed of how we played and should be looking at ourselves hard and thinking of how to not ever let this happen again. They told us point blank we didn't deserve to win that game and practice was hell the next week. Never forgot that lesson. This is how our players should have been dealt with today.

By the way our coaches did this to us on the field infront of everyone and did it loudly. We didn't win a championship but we did win out the rest of the regular season but lost to a better team in the playoffs 25-12 but played our ass off.
After that one they patted us on the back and told us we should be proud and to hold our heads up because we gave it our best against the best team in the state . That team went on to win it all that year by the way

Who yelled at ya'll for celebrating? The coaches. So, I'm guessing that it would've been the right and CORRECT thing to do for the FANS to start booing you and yelling at you for celebrating.

The FANS who think that they are in the right to ACTUALLY BE UPSET cuz the kids are glad they didn't lose is just sad.

DEVIL DOG HOG

Quote from: JackTNHogfan on November 04, 2017, 06:37:42 pm
No, it’s pathetic it even came to that and embarrassing they celebrated it.
It's NOT pathetic!!!!!  What is pathetic is YOU so called Hog Fans Putting down the Hog players! You all should be ashamed of the way you act toward the players. 

Now the coaches need to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

RazorbacksFTW

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on November 04, 2017, 07:20:29 pm
Totally stupid post. I want a better coach and better play. But I'm not stupid enough to pre-judge how players will accept a new coach even before we make a change. Dumb as dirt. Dumb.

Notice how it says some players the keyword=some.
If you think all of them or none of them will accept a winning philosophy after it being so easy to have a losing philosophy then you are as dumb as dirt.
Pull your head out of your arse and look around the real world every once in a while you might learn something.

hawgdavis

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on November 04, 2017, 07:29:08 pm
Who yelled at ya'll for celebrating? The coaches. So, I'm guessing that it would've been the right and CORRECT thing to do for the FANS to start booing you and yelling at you for celebrating.

The FANS who think that they are in the right to ACTUALLY BE UPSET cuz the kids are glad they didn't lose is just sad.

No not the fans but the coaches chewed our ass publicly and privately and I'm glad they did.

But you can also be damn sure we heard it from our classmates all the next week as well.

What your saying is that we as fans should be happy we won today and with how we did it and if were not we should just keep our mouths shut cause the players are happy .

What happened today Was a piss poor performance by the entire program and if your ok with that then be happy cause it will be the last win this season.

Lady Razorback

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on November 04, 2017, 07:17:13 pm
The coaches should be irate. The AD should be really reconsidering this coaches future here. The fans have a right to be embarrassed/upset...

...but getting mad that the kids are happy they won is just pathetic. If you don't want to celebrate, then don't. But all the hate towards the kids is uncalled for.

I don't think anyone is "mad" that the kids are happy.  There is a distinction between happy, relieved and celebrating.  And to point that out is not "hating"

hawgdavis

I guess I'm just of a different time or cut cause there was nothing to celebrating today by anyone fans or team period. If some of y'all don't get that then I feel bad for you. I don't bash players never have never will but I will point out stuff that I think is wrong and I would have been embarrassed if I was playing on that field today and would have quietly shaken hands with the other team and walked my butt to the locker room where I would fully expect to get my ass chewed but obviously our HC doesn't see it like that either so here we are. Pathetic

Cubbie08

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on November 04, 2017, 07:03:01 pm
These are not kids? So, these "men" didn't just finish high school?

I don't disagree that the effort wasn't there, but that was kind of a strange statement to back your claim.

Nope they are not kids, they are adults. Some more mature than others, some 18 some 22 or 23. Some of the players on the team actually have kids. I don't consider college students kids, no matter if they are on the football team or at the frat house.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: hawgdavis on November 04, 2017, 07:38:52 pm
No not the fans but the coaches chewed our ass publicly and privately and I'm glad they did. Yep. This needs to be done by the coach. I agree. I've already made a comment that I wish CBB would just lay into this team sometimes.

But you can also be damn sure we heard it from our classmates all the next week as well. As will this entire team. as well from media, and most likely their coaches.

What your saying is that we as fans should be happy we won today and with how we did it and if were not we should just keep our mouths shut cause the players are happy . I've not said this at all. My comments come from people who are upset with the players for enjoying the win. I'm not happy with how this game turned out, but I'm sure as heck not going to be upset that some of the kids enjoyed the win.

What happened today Was a piss poor performance by the entire program and if your ok with that then be happy cause it will be the last win this season. Sure was. I'm not happy with it. I was pretty upset all throughout the game...but again...this thread is about the kids enjoying the game and my comments were about fans not being ok with that.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: Cubbie08 on November 04, 2017, 09:09:35 pm
Nope they are not kids, they are adults. Some more mature than others, some 18 some 22 or 23. Some of the players on the team actually have kids. I don't consider college students kids, no matter if they are on the football team or at the frat house.

Ha ha...ok. We'll have to agree to disagree.