Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I've Often Wished for a Longer Football Season

Started by hoginla, September 20, 2015, 02:17:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hoginla

and as a LSU friend of mine told me this morning, "now you have it".  I'm not yet ready to return to the darkside as I believe CBB can make us a consistent winner but nagging at me is this - all during fall camp CBB repeated time and again just how good the dline was and that we had a consistent group of performers.  I'm no football expert but i've not see us pressure a QB yet and the plays behind the line have been few and far between.

The linebackers and secondary appear slow and out of position - often.

Lastly what's up with the penalties?  A hallmark of CBB teams is to play clean and i think this is one of his edges.  How could we have regressed so much in one season?
September 8, 2023 19 years w/Hogville!

Torqued pork

Quote from: hoginla on September 20, 2015, 02:17:40 pm
and as a LSU friend of mine told me this morning, "now you have it".  I'm not yet ready to return to the darkside as I believe CBB can make us a consistent winner but nagging at me is this - all during fall camp CBB repeated time and again just how good the dline was and that we had a consistent group of performers.  I'm no football expert but i've not see us pressure a QB yet and the plays behind the line have been few and far between.

The linebackers and secondary appear slow and out of position - often.

Lastly what's up with the penalties?  A hallmark of CBB teams is to play clean and i think this is one of his edges.  How could we have regressed so much in one season?
Bret will almost always talk up his team in public. Lots of coaches do that.