Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tevin Brewer

Started by Grizzlyfan, March 07, 2018, 02:04:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Grizzlyfan

Just an update an Tevin's first season at Eastern Oklahoma Junior College.  2nd in the D1 NJCAA in scoring at 27.0 points / game.  #31 in assists per game, 5.9. 

Pinto

He was very fun to watch in HS

AlmaHog2011

Kid has a 7ft heart. He's a winner.

nwahogfan1

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on March 07, 2018, 02:04:20 pm
Just an update an Tevin's first season at Eastern Oklahoma Junior College.  2nd in the D1 NJCAA in scoring at 27.0 points / game.  #31 in assists per game, 5.9. 

I wonder if he would have been the PG that our team really needed this year since we had nothing but CGs this year I bet he would have made a huge difference.   Add a PG and a true scoring SF to our team and I bet we would have won 3-5 more games and been a seeded much higher in the NCAAT.  Maybe as high as 5-6.  I always thought he was too short but Tevin keeps fooling me and all his critics at every level.. 

Hawg Red

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on March 07, 2018, 07:17:27 pm
I wonder if he would have been the PG that our team really needed this year since we had nothing but CGs this year I bet he would have made a huge difference.   Add a PG and a true scoring SF to our team and I bet we would have won 3-5 more games and been a seeded much higher in the NCAAT.  Maybe as high as 5-6.  I always thought he was too short but Tevin keeps fooling me and all his critics at every level..

He sounds like a SG, to be honest. 27 points to 6 assists is a ball dominator looking for mostly his own shot.

nwahogfan1

Quote from: Hawg Red on March 08, 2018, 05:20:34 am
He sounds like a SG, to be honest. 27 points to 6 assists is a ball dominator looking for mostly his own shot.

That might be his one weakness to me for a super PG.  He looks to score a little too much for me but if he put his heart into it he would be an excellent PG.  Great quickness, very strong and tough as nails going inside but instead of always looking to shoot if he would kick it out then he would make his team much better.  But the kid can create his shot plus shoot the 3 ball so you can not back off him which would open him up for the drive.    He is only 5'8ish but he does not use that as an excuse.  Just a ball player.

I think the kid could be a very good PG at a D1 school and get 6+ apg plus get his 13+ ppg.

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: Hawg Red on March 08, 2018, 05:20:34 am

OH he's going to shoot the rock. Still has a tremendous heart and is fun to watch in HS anyway.