Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Missouri is bad...probably worse than Arkansas overall - who wins on Friday?

Started by HognotinMemphis, November 22, 2017, 01:05:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HognotinMemphis

Let's take a look beyond the fact that Mizzou has won 5 games in a row.

First of all, they lost their returning RB from last season half way through this season, who had over 1,000 yards rushing on a team that was primarily a throwing offense. But before they lost this RB, Mizzou lost to South Carolina by 18, to mighty Purdue by 32, to Auburn by 37, and lost to KY and GA. In those games, they scored 13 and 3 vs SC and Purdue, scored 34 vs Ky, and 14 vs Auburn.

After the GA game, Mizzou was 1 and 5 and on a 5 game losing streak with only win over rent a win Mizzou State in first game of the season.

Their schedule went from SC, Auburn, KY and GA  in first half to Idaho, UConn, Fla, TN and Vandy in 2nd half. Those last 3 are arguably the 3 worst teams in the SEC. So Mizzou is on a 5 game win streak now with wins over 2 rent a wins and the 3 worst teams in the SEC. They are favored by 11 at Arkansas, a team down on its luck to say the least.

So Mizzou got smoked by SC and Auburn just like Arkansas did as well as suffering beatdowns by Purdue and GA. They have not had to play LSU or Alabama or Texas AM or Miss State. Mizzou would have been smoked by all 4 of those teams. Arkansas played all 4. Mizzou will feel like a practice squad for Arkansas compared to those 4 SEC West programs.

Fact is, the East is terrible. Auburn exposed GA. The West is dominate this year and that should continue with this match up. Even tho Mizzou is favored by double digits, I predict an Arkansas win by double digits over Mizzou. Arkansas players and coaches will let it all hang out. Mizzou feels pressure to have a winning regular season and if they lose this, they'll be a .500 team at 6-6.

Final Score:

Mizzou: 27

Arkansas: 38

Assuming this prediction comes to fruition, I will miss only 1 game in my preseason prediction...the Miss St game. Predicted a W over them and Hogs going 6-6.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Hugo Bezdek

We need to beat these guys. I'm sick of losing to Mizzou and A&M both.

TDHawgs

Uh huh.. almost convinced yourself didn't ya?  :-\ Just get back to me after the game.. k

The Hogfather

Quote from: HoginMemphis on November 22, 2017, 01:05:47 pm
Fact is, the East is terrible. Auburn exposed GA. The West is dominate this year and that should continue with this match up. Even tho Mizzou is favored by double digits, I predict an Arkansas win by double digits over Mizzou.

I agree.  The West is totally dominate this year and we're going to dominant Missouri!

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Rock City Razorback on November 22, 2017, 01:07:58 pm
We have no offense, how are you predicting we score 38 lol?
Same way the Hogs scored 43 vs Texas A&M. And most importantly, Mizzou has no defense. Do not let their last 5 games fool you either by what they scored or by points they allowed. Even the 3 SEC teams were rent-a-win quality programs.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

PorkSoda

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

hogsanity

Their receivers will be open all day on any route they want. Unless their qb has some really bad throws that result in to's that Hogs turn into points, Mizzu wins by 17 or more.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

PorkSoda

Quote from: hogsanity on November 22, 2017, 01:19:20 pm
Their receivers will be open all day on any route they want. Unless their qb has some really bad throws that result in to's that Hogs turn into points, Mizzu wins by 17 or more.
lol, unfortunately I agree.  every single TD we had last week was off and disastrous mistake by Mistake.  we really didn't have any drives that resulted in points.

Though I do think that at least our Defense plays hard, even if our offense is completely inept.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Science Fiction Greg

Quote from: The Hogfather on November 22, 2017, 01:10:13 pm
I agree.  The West is totally dominate this year and we're going to dominant Missouri!

Glad you did it so I didn't have to.

I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.
Twitter sucks now. I deleted my account. I mostly just use TikTok now.

Ex-Trumpet

This is as far as I got.  You can't look beyond the fact that Mizzou has won 5 games in a row.

Hopefully their streak ends!
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Dark Helmet Hog

Would love to see the seniors get a win in their final game as a Hog. We will have to outscore them more than likely.

jst01

I look for AR to come out and start the game like their hair is on fire. They will be flying and jacked up for this game; however, that adrenaline and emotion wears thin by halftime and you don't get the same team in the 2nd half. Mizzu will score 21+ in the 2nd half to win this one by 10. Hogs cover the spread. Yay

longpig

Don't be scared, be smart.

The Hogfather

Quote from: Rock City Razorback on November 22, 2017, 01:47:41 pm
Allen is not 100%, despite what he says.

Yeah, he's playing hurt and I feel bad for him.  He hasn't really gotten a fair shake.  I think he had as much going for him as his brother did, but last year and this year might've ruined him.

phadedhawg

Missouri will win a close, frustrating game.  Arkansas will have a chance but Bert will do something stupid and hand the game to them. 

HognotinMemphis

Exit Pursued by a Boar

007 License To Squeal

I just don't see a win for the Hogs.

I don't think Allen is 100%.  He has a weak shoulder and a weak ankle, but I think BB will play him every down regardless.
I'm sure Missouri has developed a solid plan to shred our D backs.

I would like to see our players send BB out on a positive note,but, honestly, I just don't see it.
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

Potosihog

The OP makes sense until you remember Coastal Carolina.  It is tough to call Missouri's schedule weak when you see what we have done against any one with a pulse.

I would give a $100 to see us win this game. I just don't see it happening.

Missouri is a team on the rise.  They are improving every week.  Ish will run for well over 100 yrds and Lock will throw for 300+

We might score 17 if we get a defensive score.

The funny thing is when Missouri almost lost to Missouri State I thought "At least we will finally beat them this year".

Oh well.  I'm sure plenty of people on here will continue to talk about how Missouri is such a poor program they don't deserve to be considered a rival.

EastexHawg

Quote from: Rock City Razorback on November 22, 2017, 01:07:58 pm
We have no offense, how are you predicting we score 38 lol?

We're going to punt on second down on every possession.  When the ball bounces off one of their players and we recover it will be like completing a 45 yard pass.  Well, except for the ones that are downed near their goal line.  On those we will just wait for them to fumble into the end zone and recover for a TD.

If, on the other hand, we commit a turnover we are going to let them kick the ball 30-40 yards downfield and recover it after one of their numbskulls tries to pick it up and run it back for a TD instead of falling on it.  In the first year I played organized football I was taught that when the ball is on the ground you fall on it...unless my team blocked a punt of a kick, in which case we tried to scoop it up and run...but apparently players today realize how silly and old school that is so they go for the ESPN highlight instead.

In other words, it will be a piece of cake.

code red

Mizzou will out score us badly.  I see us playing a lot of cover zero.  I see them getting over the top of us easily.  We can't match scores with Mizzou.  Anyone who has watched their defense can see they are much improved.  Their rush is getting to the Q and our oline couldn't block for Pea Ridge hs.  55-17 Tigers.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Dwight_K_Shrute

While their schedule no doubt has improved, some of the teams they have beaten this year are teams they lost to last year.  Their is no arguing they are a better team than LY and we are not as good as we were last year.

So clearly last year when we were the markedly better team we lost.  Now OP states that Vandy, FL, TN are arguable the 3 worst teams in the SEC.  At the juncture the argument could be made that there is not much separation between those 3 and Arkansas.  Basically Ark is arguably one of the 4 worst teams in the league.

Missouri's scoring margin which takes into account all games they have played even the bad one's at the start of the season, ranks #40.  Arkansas margin is 103.

Now consider although they are beating the dregs of the East they aren't just squeaking by, they are hammering them.  They beat FL, TN, and Vandy by an average of 30 pts.  In our last two victories we eeked out 1pt wins against Coastal and OM.

Lock is a better QB than Nick Fitz or almost anyone else we have played this year.

Now our guys may come out and win one for the gipper, but I think that would have been more likely if the announcement had already been made.  Fans would at least be a bit more positive and likely to show up.  Give BB a nice golf clap and then all they have to worry about is beating Mizzou.  Since it's not official some will worry or be pissed until it is.

I think last week was the last gasp and if they could have found a way to win then finishing at least at 6-6 with a bowl game would have been within reach.  Much easier to motivate the team when there is still something to play for.   

Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

code red

Quote from: HoginMemphis on November 22, 2017, 01:11:01 pm
Same way the Hogs scored 43 vs Texas A&M. And most importantly, Mizzou has no defense. Do not let their last 5 games fool you either by what they scored or by points they allowed. Even the 3 SEC teams were rent-a-win quality programs.
Mizzou defense is good enough to keep it lame offense from scoring 21.  Mizzou s defense has drastically improved.  I wouldn't dismiss their defensive effort against Florida to just a bad Florida team. Florida look pretty good the next week.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

MJ2

Frank's 1st job - 54
Frank's last job- 14   (Hogs in case you didn't understand)

longpig

Odham has Bert's number. As Sumlin does.  As Gus does.  As Farmer Fran does.  As Mullen does.  Friday will suck.
Don't be scared, be smart.

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

HognotinMemphis

After reading all the sheep like replies, I am more convinced that ever that the Hogs will win this on Friday.

HogPharmer

Quote from: HoginMemphis on November 22, 2017, 02:01:57 pm
You obviously do not know me on here.

If he doesn't then he's a lucky SOB.

Didn't you predict CBB would be fired either Sunday or Monday?
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

HF#1

I wouldn't be surprised if we won on Friday. We will probably play a little more inspired football than normal given the circumstances surrounding Bielema's impending ouster.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

26.2Hog

EastexHawg

Quote from: HF#1 on November 22, 2017, 03:59:47 pm
I wouldn't be surprised if we won on Friday. We will probably play a little more inspired football than normal given the circumstances surrounding Bielema's impending ouster.

I think the opposite.  Everyone knows it is over and somewhere deep inside they are ready for it to just end.

HF#1

Quote from: EastexHawg on November 22, 2017, 04:03:23 pm
I think the opposite.  Everyone knows it is over and somewhere deep inside they are ready for it to just end.

Also a possibility.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

26.2Hog

Quote from: HoginMemphis on November 22, 2017, 03:56:40 pm
After reading all the sheep like replies, I am more convinced that ever that the Hogs will win this on Friday.

You going to clean up by taking the Hogs +9.5?

RockyMtnHog

We will see just how bad Mizzou is on Friday.  I think that Arkansas is worse.  It is not that we have bad talent, we have a scheme that does not match our talent.

If we win it will be because the players will win it for the seniors and the outgoing coaching staff.  This is their bowl.
"On the Eighth Day, God created the Razorbacks!"

maggiesue

First of all, they lost their returning RB from last season half way through this season, who had over 1,000 yards rushing on a team that was primarily a throwing offense. But before they lost this RB, Mizzou lost to South Carolina by 18, to mighty Purdue by 32, to Auburn by 37, and lost to KY and GA. In those games, they scored 13 and 3 vs SC and Purdue, scored 34 vs Ky, and 14 vs Auburn.

After the GA game, Mizzou was 1 and 5 and on a 5 game losing streak with only win over rent a win Mizzou State in first game of the season.

Their schedule went from SC, Auburn, KY and GA  in first half to Idaho, UConn, Fla, TN and Vandy in 2nd half. Those last 3 are arguably the 3 worst teams in the SEC. So Mizzou is on a 5 game win streak now with wins over 2 rent a wins and the 3 worst teams in the SEC. They are favored by 11 at Arkansas, a team down on its luck to say the least.

So Mizzou got smoked by SC and Auburn just like Arkansas did as well as suffering beatdowns by Purdue and GA. They have not had to play LSU or Alabama or Texas AM or Miss State. Mizzou would have been smoked by all 4 of those teams. Arkansas played all 4. Mizzou will feel like a practice squad for Arkansas compared to those 4 SEC West programs.

Fact is, the East is terrible. Auburn exposed GA. The West is dominate this year and that should continue with this match up. Even tho Mizzou is favored by double digits, I predict an Arkansas win by double digits over Mizzou. Arkansas players and coaches will let it all hang out. Mizzou feels pressure to have a winning regular season and if they lose this, they'll be a .500 team at 6-6.

Final Score:

Assuming this prediction comes to fruition, I will miss only 1 game in my preseason prediction...the Miss St game. Predicted a W over them and Hogs going 6-6.

For those dreamers out there who are looking for a happy ending to a very sad story, I refer you to Coastal Carolina at home....it ain't happening!

HogPharmer

Quote from: 26.2Hog on November 22, 2017, 04:07:46 pm
You going to clean up by taking the Hogs +9.5?

HiM always puts his money where his mouth is. That's why he's a millionaire after his pickem's on the hogs this year.
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

TNhawgfan

I didn't see ANY way in the world we lose this game last year, and bret found a way. I won't make the same mistake twice. Mizzou will send bret out 1-7 this year
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

jgphillips3

If we play CK, we have a chance, especially if Mizzou gifts us some points.  If AA plays the whole game, we are going to get killed.  I don't care what BS they are spreading...AA isn't 100%.

HawgWyld

... Do not let their last 5 games fool you either by what they scored or by points they allowed. Even the 3 SEC teams were rent-a-win quality programs.

Rent-a-win quality programs? That's reason enough to worry -- the Hogs are absolutely terrible this year.

hawganatic

Quote from: Dark Helmet Hog on November 22, 2017, 01:33:05 pm
Would love to see the seniors get a win in their final game as a Hog. We will have to outscore them more than likely.

Pretty sure no game has ever been won by NOT outscoring the opponent..

Jim Harris

HiM, that Austin Allen who led Arkansas to 43 points vs. A&M is long gone.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

Grumpypenguin

Absolutely delusional to think Mizzou is worse than Arkansas right now

HogPharmer

Quote from: Jim Harris on November 22, 2017, 05:06:14 pm
HiM, that Austin Allen who led Arkansas to 43 points vs. A&M is long gone.

So are about half of our "quality" players that we DID have earlier in the season.

longtimeHogfan

SIAP....but do we know if CK going to start or not?  He might be the one thing that gives us an edge. 
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

zuko

Sounds like the same synopsis I heard last year, until they played the game. Good Luck.

IronHog

Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

mizzouman

Pigsrus

Final Score:

Pass over whatever you are drinking or smoking!  Missouri is a completely different team than the one playing their first 6 games.  Once they fired D Cross (D Coordinator) who was universally hated by their players it is a completely new team. 

Lock is the best QB in the conference and now as a Junior is rolling.  If they had not had the drops from their receivers (mainly Franklin) he would have another 500+ yards and several more TD's for the season. 

HawgWyld

And, let's not forget that Missouri is bowl eligible and are well aware another win could mean a better bowl.

Arkansas is fighting to finish out the year 5-7 overall, 2-6 in the conference.

Missouri, then, is far more motivated.

26.2Hog

Even the 3 SEC teams were rent-a-win quality programs.

Do you not understand that we are a rent-a-win program?