Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Top 25 Valued College Football Programs

Started by hogsgolfpro, September 22, 2017, 02:40:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogsgolfpro

I think this in itself speaks to the potential of our football program. Look at the universities on this list and it basically replicates the programs that succeed year in and year out...no reason we should not be in the polls, etc, in the same regard. If we can somehow sneak a winning season of any sort out of this year, I think next year's schedule, Cole Kelly, and some older leadership could be a 9/10+ win season and get this thing rolling.

Sho Nuff

Surprised to see Clemson so far down the list.

WalHog2018

Not surprised. Hogs will never be more than an 8 win program.  However, we have so many dedicated fans. We will never drop lower. No matter our record!

code red

"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

IronHog

Look at Texas underachieving at 2.

They should be 1 in a landslide
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

WoooPig2018

I think when looking at "list" like this you have too consider the source. This is clearly and overvaluation of the Big 10.  And were the heck are they getting Oklahoma as number 2? Small state. Small population.  I think Oklahoma and Arkansas should be alot closer than this poll suggests.

HF#1

Just like recruiting, middle of the road, which yields middle of the road results. 6-6 7-5 forever.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

WalHog2018

LOL at Mizzou not being on this list though. They have never contributed anything to the SEC.

Steef

Quote from: HF#1 on September 22, 2017, 02:55:39 pm
Just like recruiting, middle of the road, which yields middle of the road results. 6-6 7-5 forever.

Current national champion is #24.

WoooPig2018

How about that Big 10 liberal arts school Mizzou at 56. Can some one please remind me again why we added them too the SEC?

WalHog2018

Quote from: WoooPig2018 on September 22, 2017, 02:58:40 pm
How about that Big 10 liberal arts school Mizzou at 56. Can some one please remind me again why we added them too the SEC?
People who say it's because of SEC Network TV revenue just don't know or understand college athletics.

WoooPig2018

Quote from: WalHog2018 on September 22, 2017, 02:57:57 pm
LOL at Mizzou not being on this list though. They have never contributed anything to the SEC.

Have they ever even one anything in the conference? Seem like a solid 4-8 or 5-7 embarressment every year.

WoooPig2018

Quote from: WalHog2018 on September 22, 2017, 02:59:55 pm
People who say it's because of SEC Network TV revenue just don't know or understand college athletics.

I just think the "brand" of the SEC is severally hurt by Mizzou.

WalHog2018

They have won as many SEC Championships as the Hogs. We won't move up till we fire Long. He has lost control of the program. Northern Liberal.

IronHog

Quote from: Steef on September 22, 2017, 02:58:23 pm
Current national champion is #24.

Any program in the top 25 has the resources to be a power program

WoooPig2018

Quote from: WalHog2018 on September 22, 2017, 03:01:39 pm
They have won as many SEC Championships as the Hogs. We won't move up till we fire Long. He has lost control of the program. Northern Liberal.

Probably squats when he pees to.

WalHog2018

Quote from: IronHog on September 22, 2017, 03:01:40 pm

Any program in the top 25 has the resources to be a power program

We will never be a power program until we get rid of Long.

WoooPig2018

How in the hell is South Carolina a head of us? They have two D1 programs in the state with Clemson so cuts the fan base in two right their and then they haven't even won a bowel game until Spurrier took over.  If someone could explain that too me I would like too here it.

WalHog2018

It's because South Caroline has a better coach then us.

Polecat

Actually, we're in about the same spot at South Carolina and Iowa in those rankings. All those programs are pretty similar in many ways the past 10-15 years. Often mediocre, occasional 10 or 11 win seasons.
Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

WalHog2018

Can you not do math? SCAR has a bigger number than us.  Also Iowa just made the Rose Bowl. When did the Hogs make the Rose Bowl?

Polecat

Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

IronHog

Quote from: WoooPig2018 on September 22, 2017, 03:06:59 pm
How in the hell is South Carolina a head of us? They have two D1 programs in the state with Clemson so cuts the fan base in two right their and then they haven't even won a bowel game until Spurrier took over.  If someone could explain that too me I would like too here it.

It's probably pretty subjective

Anyone 10-25 is second tier behind the big boys

WalHog2018

In 2011, Forbes had us at #9.  Were the the big boys then? We have regressed so much. Too much. We wil eventually become Mizzou.

Atlhogfan1

Right by Iowa in the list.  Good pairing. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

WalHog2018

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on September 22, 2017, 03:18:50 pm
Right by Iowa in the list.  Good pairing.

I like your quote in your signature. But do you not demand excellence in football? SAD.

Marshfieldhog

Quote from: WalHog2018 on September 22, 2017, 03:17:38 pm
In 2011, Forbes had us at #9.  Were the the big boys then? We have regressed so much. Too much. We wil eventually become Mizzou.

This, CBP had us rolling. Then he screwed up and Jeff Long poured gas on the fire.

WalHog2018

Quote from: Marshfieldhog on September 22, 2017, 03:21:19 pm
This, CBP had us rolling. Then he screwed up and Jeff Long poured gas on the fire.

We can be a top 10 program if we just FIRE LONG AND COACH B. Need a southern coach.

cal34

This just proves that Coach B and Jeff Long are here to stay.  The money is rolling in even though we haven't won anything

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: WalHog2018 on September 22, 2017, 03:19:58 pm
I like your quote in your signature. But do you not demand excellence in football? SAD.

Yes. As excellent as Ark football can be and we are not coming close.  That is sad and frustrating.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Tusks

Theres the baseline right there.  The hogs should finish #17 every season.  Maybe some years #5, maybe some years #29 but there's the average.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

WoooPig2018

Can someone please explain too me why the Hogs cannot be a 10 win program a year? Border Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi and Tennessee. Have a winning pedigree.  But ever since that smug Long just his feelings hurt by CBP we have been a dumpster fire. I was at the Arkansas/LSU game when CBP was hear and the place was crazy. Now we are an embarressment. Just a GD shame.

IronHog

Quote from: tusked on September 22, 2017, 03:29:19 pm
Theres the baseline right there.  The hogs should finish #17 every season.  Maybe some years #5, maybe some years #29 but there's the average.

More to it than just $$$.

Once you have enough cash you've got enough.  Then it's other factors.

IronHog

Quote from: WoooPig2018 on September 22, 2017, 03:29:49 pm
Can someone please explain too me why the Hogs cannot be a 10 win program a year? Border Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi and Tennessee. Have a winning pedigree.  But ever since that smug Long just his feelings hurt by CBP we have been a dumpster fire. I was at the Arkansas/LSU game when CBP was hear and the place was crazy. Now we are an embarressment. Just a GD shame.

They had to move that game to make more $$$

WalHog2018

Jeff Long is going to run us out of cash! I read the other day we couldnt sell all the north endzone seats.  Will default on bonds.  Credit rating drops!  VERY BAD.

WalHog2018

Quote from: IronHog on September 22, 2017, 03:31:30 pm

They had to move that game to make more $$$

No the didnt. They moved it because Yankee Long doesnt understand tradition.

IronHog

Quote from: WalHog2018 on September 22, 2017, 03:32:56 pm
No the didnt. They moved it because Yankee Long doesnt understand tradition.

No they moved it in the scheduled for the TV money......

WalHog2018

Quote from: IronHog on September 22, 2017, 03:34:10 pm

No they moved it in the scheduled for the TV money......

WRONG. Tradition was sold out for money! Yankee Jeff needs to go back to the Big 10.

King Kong

Quote from: WalHog2018 on September 22, 2017, 03:32:25 pm
Jeff Long is going to run us out of cash! I read the other day we couldnt sell all the north endzone seats.  Will default on bonds.  Credit rating drops!  VERY BAD.

Nope. Jeff Long is extremely fiscally responsible. He plans for the worst.

Not endzone seats won't break him

ricepig

Lot of feeding the troll going on in here......

DEVIL DOG HOG

Quote from: WalHog2018 on September 22, 2017, 03:23:01 pm
We can be a top 10 program if we just FIRE LONG AND COACH B. Need a southern coach.

So your saying that Saban is a bad coach?  He was at Michigan State before he was at LSU.
"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

Poker_hog

Hard to know what something's worth that can't be sold.
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

HogPharmer

Quote from: WalHog2018 on September 22, 2017, 03:11:44 pm
Can you not do math? SCAR has a bigger number than us.  Also Iowa just made the Rose Bowl. When did the Hogs make the Rose Bowl?

It's kinda difficult for us to make the Rose Bowl since they typically take teams from the Big10 & Pac12...
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

HogPharmer

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: DEVIL DOG HOG on September 22, 2017, 04:25:37 pm
So your saying that Saban is a bad coach?  He was at Michigan State before he was at LSU.

Do you know the history of Michigan state before Saban showed up?
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

ThisTeetsTaken

***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***