Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Interesting story about us fans

Started by fakenews, September 20, 2017, 09:06:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

fakenews

NuttinItUp

porkrindjimmy

People will eventually figure out that the anger is coming from a place where with each mind boggling game, every lackadaisical effort, that we are getting farther and farther away from nice things...Higher GPA's are great, we still rank 10th in that department in the SEC. I am glad that we don't have thugs dotting our roster.....BUT....the psychological effect of wins....of nice things is what packs stadiums...and at the end of the day...they don't give out crystal trophies for nice guys and model students...it might be a sad commentary but they just don't.

If I try to sell you on a product that works half the time, shorts out half the time and leaves burns and bad tastes...How can I with a straight face, not once, not twice, but three or four times, keep coming back to you and asking you to not only invest, but invest more than what I was asking in the first place?

Eventually you discover that you are a rube and I am a con man...a rich con man but a con man nonetheless....

PRJ

theFlyingHog

I saw something about Bolin and I ain't clickin that ish

thebignasty

lahawg1

Thugs usually have a mean streak about a foot wide up their back, we need some of that right now. We need a linebacker that's not afraid of tackling a car.

fakenews

Reading what Ragnow said I think they are going to play mean Saturday. We need them to

buldozer

The players know this is really not about them personally.... all of the poor performances lay directly at the feet of the head football coach, not the players. The coach is trying to throw some of the players under the buss and has probably convinced some to go out and play the "mean ole fan" card, but it won't work. The coach is responsible for recruiting, signing, training and motivating the players to win games. Plain and simple, its not being done! Thats not the players fault

Razor1997

Quote from: fakenews on September 20, 2017, 10:32:05 pm
Reading what Ragnow said I think they are going to play mean Saturday. We need them to

Playing mean would be great as long as it doesn't involve momentum-killing 15 yard targeting or tripping penalties.

texas tush hog

HotlantaHog

I think the story is overstated.

I don't think Hog fans are that divided. They are upset about losing and looking pretty miserable while losing too. Yeah some would like to see CBB replaced this year or at the end of the season -- others think maybe he can get things turned around.

But it's nothing like the Nutt years. Everyone basically thinks CBB is an OK guy, means well, treats players fine, does things ``the right way.'' It's just about winning. People would like to win more. He is not nearly as divisive of a figure as Nutt or Petrino for that matter.

If I were writing that column, I would say the fanbase is not at all divided. Everyone basically thinks Bret is a good guy and everyone wants to win at a higher level. There may be different views on whether he will be able to accomplish that -- but there is not that much division.

If Hogs win the next 4 or 5 games, I guarantee the fanbase will not seem that divided.

Dark Helmet Hog

Bolin is a turd. I won't read his nonsense.

Polecat

Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: theFlyingHog on September 20, 2017, 09:33:12 pm
I saw something about Bolin and I ain't clickin that ish
Please share among you friends here.  Or PM me.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on February 08, 2018, 08:00:41 pm

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Quote from: PorkSoda on Today at 04:03:25 pm
Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

Hoggie17

Arkansas fans are made up of those that want to keep losing and those that want more wins. It's not rocket science.

HoggieStyle

Whining about the "slaps" just like Nutt did.

Here's the bottom line:

26-27 Overall - 49%

10-22 SEC - 31%

:puke:

gchamblee

Quote from: HotlantaHog on September 21, 2017, 11:13:42 am
I think the story is overstated.

I don't think Hog fans are that divided. They are upset about losing and looking pretty miserable while losing too. Yeah some would like to see CBB replaced this year or at the end of the season -- others think maybe he can get things turned around.

But it's nothing like the Nutt years. Everyone basically thinks CBB is an OK guy, means well, treats players fine, does things ``the right way.'' It's just about winning. People would like to win more. He is not nearly as divisive of a figure as Nutt or Petrino for that matter.

If I were writing that column, I would say the fanbase is not at all divided. Everyone basically thinks Bret is a good guy and everyone wants to win at a higher level. There may be different views on whether he will be able to accomplish that -- but there is not that much division.

If Hogs win the next 4 or 5 games, I guarantee the fanbase will not seem that divided.

Naa, I am most definitely divided with fans that get on twitter and call our coach a fat pos. You guys think you are just expressing your displeasure when you say that crap on social media, but you are really just hijacking the movement and bringing nothing but disrespect to it, much like the thugs that hijacked the black lives matter movement. Same mentality that vandalizes property, burns down players cars, throws a drunken profanity laced fit at the coach from the stands, gets on message boards fabricating reasons to be pissed. It's a darn show and the rest of us have no choice but to sit back and watch it as we shake our head.

PorkRinds

Quote from: buldozer on September 21, 2017, 04:15:52 am
The players know this is really not about them personally.... all of the poor performances lay directly at the feet of the head football coach, not the players. The coach is trying to throw some of the players under the buss and has probably convinced some to go out and play the "mean ole fan" card, but it won't work. The coach is responsible for recruiting, signing, training and motivating the players to win games. Plain and simple, its not being done! Thats not the players fault

Idiocracy.

GunnerHawg70

Quote from: Razor1997 on September 21, 2017, 08:33:58 am
Playing mean would be great as long as it doesn't involve momentum-killing 15 yard targeting or tripping penalties.

Hey now...WE all know who you're referring to...One thing ya gotta love and miss is his tenasty (I spelled it like that on purpose). He played with an attitude and that's what I know we all expect tomorrow.  Go Hogs!!!

Hoggie17

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 22, 2017, 11:01:13 am
Idiocracy.
Pork rind, that person behind you thinks you are #1.

"Idiocracy" Is that a new word? lol!

hobhog

Social media changed everything. Mostly bad.....

DeltaBoy

It a dang shame as bad as HDN was he won more games over his first 5 years.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.