Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DC

Started by Hognutts, January 01, 2018, 01:52:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

duckman

No idea, I'm fine with Chavis..  Just heard something tonight that makes me think it may not happen.

Hawg Life

Quote from: hawgdavis on January 01, 2018, 09:01:28 pm
I have read all this but why haven't they been announced, what seems to be the hold up?

They want to announce the coaching staff all @ once, and supposedly that won't be until Thursday.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Hawg Life on January 01, 2018, 09:53:18 pm
They want to announce the coaching staff all @ once, and supposedly that won't be until Thursday.

Heard any names on defense other than Cooper and Caldwell?

Hawg Life

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on January 01, 2018, 09:55:47 pm
Heard any names on defense other than Cooper and Caldwell?

Price & Cooper.

I've heard Early's name mentioned, but not sure where he'd fit. Some say Trooper Taylor, but I don't think that'll happen.

Terrell Buckley is who I think will be the 5th defensive coach.

TX HOG

Maybe Dabo will cuss Venables out after the game.

Jackson_64

Quote from: Hawg Life on January 01, 2018, 09:53:18 pm
Why Thursday? Was there an announcement it'd be then?
Lane Kiffin.

And it is way closer to happening then you think.

Way closer.

PRJ

HogFoo

Well, I will say i hadn't heard anything today, but as of a couple days it ago it was Chavis. And it was the biggest contract we ever gave a DC.So we'll see.  I'd be ok if we got Caldwell and Chavis and some of the others mentioned. Watch something crazy happen tho and Venables came.  Not gonna happen but would be cool.
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

jackflash

venables defense played well against Alabama only gave up 10 points offense agave up 14. he only DC worth 1.6 million in opinon

Freebrd

Quote from: jackflash on January 02, 2018, 09:00:15 am
venables defense played well against Alabama only gave up 10 points offense agave up 14. he only DC worth 1.6 million in opinon
ditto to what ^he said

jkstock04

Quote from: Jackson_64 on January 01, 2018, 10:09:01 pm
Why Thursday? Was there an announcement it'd be then?
Ya we will see...I don't really understand the hold up on formal word from the university after the early signing period and A&Ms Bowl game. I'm not going to say this isn't going to happen because there is a lot of smoke...but also starting to get that funny feeling where the know it alls who can see into the future may end up with more egg on their face.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Freebrd

Mr Razorfast is Mr Razors-l-o-w on announcing coaches.  I hope it it because the new coaches are coming from the 'final four' schools.

nwahogfan1

I guess for DC to happen someone has to fired.   I guess we will hear that first and will know who our DC will be.

texas tush hog

Quote from: Jphog on January 01, 2018, 02:31:12 pm
Not going to be Chavis.

What rock have you been under.

Tyro3

Is this some kind of contract game of chicken, and see who blinks?

onebadrubi

Quote from: TX HOG on January 01, 2018, 10:05:40 pm

Ha, well not much Brent could do.  Brent's responsibilities gave the ball to Clemson O inside the 25 and they only managed to get 3 points.  Brent didn't wasn't responsible for one of the touchdowns as it was on Clemson Offense, and that was all Bama needed to win.

onebadrubi

Quote from: duckman on January 01, 2018, 09:09:58 pm
Don't be surprised if it isn't Chavis...

Well, this about as much confirmation as you need.  It is, in fact, Chavis now.

TX HOG

Quote from: onebadrubi on January 02, 2018, 11:40:50 am
Ha, well not much Brent could do.  Brent's responsibilities gave the ball to Clemson O inside the 25 and they only managed to get 3 points.  Brent didn't wasn't responsible for one of the touchdowns as it was on Clemson Offense, and that was all Bama needed to win.

I agree 100%. Wishful thinking

colbs

Quote from: onebadrubi on January 02, 2018, 11:45:18 am
Haha +1

opineonswine

A tweet to John Chavis from Aggie LB:
Tyrel Dodson
@tdots25
I wouldn't be the player I am today without you. I wouldn't be here in College Station, Texas if it wasn't for you. What's understood doesn't need to be explained. Thank you for the tools to greatness.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: opineonswine on January 02, 2018, 11:56:25 am
A tweet to John Chavis from Aggie LB:
Tyrel Dodson
@tdots25
I wouldn't be the player I am today without you. I wouldn't be here in College Station, Texas if it wasn't for you. What's understood doesn't need to be explained. Thank you for the tools to greatness.

That is a most interesting tweet, especially the "What's understood doesn't need to be explained." portion.

Mjs84

Chavis and Caldwell, talk about some old farts!  Hope nobody croaks on the Hill.

TDHawgs

Any word on DC yet?

PonderinHog

duckman

Quote from: onebadrubi on January 02, 2018, 11:45:18 am

I hope it is...

Hugo Bezdek

When do players report back for Spring? I imagine Morris would like to introduce the new coaches when the team is around to meet them.

BOAR_N2BWILD

someone needs to track planes to Clemson
Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Him, who gives me strength."

HamboFirstBlood

Can we get a report on the color of Gruden's tie? That should clear up any confusion.

DuckTalesLOL

We can't hire Chavis until he is let go by A&M otherwise we are on the hook for his buyout. You guys won't hear anything until that happens.

duckman

Quote from: HamboFirstBlood on January 02, 2018, 12:42:20 pm
Can we get a report on the color of Gruden's tie? That should clear up any confusion.

Black with silver stripes.

bob slydell

Quote from: jackflash on January 02, 2018, 09:00:15 am

Aranda would be worth that amount.  Not that he's an option.  But neither is Venables probably.
*this is not a criticism of moderatin.

BloodRedHog

Quote from: Hawg Life on January 01, 2018, 09:59:06 pm
Price & Cooper.

I’ve heard Early’s name mentioned, but not sure where he’d fit. Some say Trooper Taylor, but I don’t think that’ll happen.

Terrell Buckley is who I think will be the 5th defensive coach.

I heard Price Cooper and Waterhouse
Handling all your mortgage and home financing needs...

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Mjs84 on January 02, 2018, 12:11:24 pm
Chavis and Caldwell, talk about some old farts!  Hope nobody croaks on the Hill.

They've seen 1,000 more X's and O's on a board and on film than days you have been alive. We'd be damn lucky to have them both and their experience.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

PorkSoda

Quote from: Tyro3 on January 02, 2018, 11:38:21 am
Is this some kind of contract game of chicken, and see who blinks?
yes, with 1.5 million or so on the line.  neither side is inclined to pick up the tab for a conf rival
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

opineonswine

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 02, 2018, 12:50:30 pm

They've seen 1,000 more X's and O's on a board and on film than days you have been alive. We'd be damn lucky to have them both.

HamboFirstBlood

Quote from: duckman on January 02, 2018, 12:46:47 pm
Black with silver stripes.

Folks in San Antonio are gonna be ecstatic.

NoogaHog

Quote from: HamboFirstBlood on January 01, 2018, 06:03:00 pm
Bad news guys. Ass recruiter position must have been filled because I don't see it posted anywhere on the listings website.

Yeah, I understand that that's how we got Bijhon Jackson.
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

onebadrubi

Quote from: NoogaHog on January 02, 2018, 12:53:54 pm
Yeah, I understand that that's how we got Bijhon Jackson.

Interesting, haven't heard this story before??

GoHogs1091

Quote from: TX HOG on January 01, 2018, 10:05:40 pm

Why???

Alabama got only 261 total yards last night, which is the lowest amount of offensive yards by Alabama in a game this season.

Take away the 2 Clemson turnovers, and the game might have ended up being just a 10-6 final score.

TX HOG

Quote from: TX HOG on January 02, 2018, 11:51:16 am
I agree 100%. Wishful thinking

Already said it wishful thinking.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

NoogaHog

Quote from: onebadrubi on January 02, 2018, 01:11:21 pm
Interesting, haven't heard this story before??

Sorry, just making a joke about Bielema saying on signing day that Bijhon had a great ass.
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

Rzback

Quote from: Hognutts on January 01, 2018, 01:52:18 pm
Living in Tampa can't get much bout Hogs. What's the latest on Chavis I hope we find someone else
Living in Melbourne, I generally tell my friends back in Arkansas the latest Razorback news before they've heard it.
Winning Percentages (how times have changed!) Frank Broyles 71%  Lou Holtz  74%  Ken Hatfield 76%  Jack Crowe 38%  Joe Kines 35%  Danny Ford 47% Houston Nutt 61%  Bobby Petrino 67%  John L Smith  33%  Bret Bielema 46%  Chad Morris 14%  Sam Pittman 52%

LZH

Quote from: Rzback on January 02, 2018, 02:55:38 pm
Living in Melbourne, I generally tell my friends back in Arkansas the latest Razorback news before they've heard it.

I'm gonna be in Melbourne tomorrow. Maybe I'll collect some info and straighten this D.C. situation out when I get back home.

Dirty

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on January 02, 2018, 02:49:12 pm
Will knot..!!  ;)

Good one.   When you go to Fayetteville, which root do you take?

hogcards

Quote from: Jphog on January 01, 2018, 02:31:12 pm
Not going to be Chavis.

I hope and pray this is true. 

...and it appears to be so, since we have nothing as of 1-1-18.

Thank God.
"You have enemies? Good. It means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."~Winston Churchill

"Racist -- a person who wins an argument with a liberal."~Rush Limbaugh

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

colbs

Quote from: hogcards on January 02, 2018, 03:27:30 pm
I hope and pray this is true. 

...and it appears to be so, since we have nothing as of 1-1-18.

Thank God.
I think he's coming.  I doubt the coaches would have been telling recruits and hired Caldwell if not true.

opineonswine

Responding to question about if Chavis has the job and why it hasn't been announced:
Replying to @derekray00
no idea. Pure guess is they want to announce them all at the same time. He's in & working for them.
4:08 PM · Jan 2, 2018

ghostzapper

Quote from: Hognutts on January 01, 2018, 01:52:18 pm
Living in Tampa can't get much bout Hogs. What's the latest on Chavis I hope we find someone else

Where in Tampa?  I'm in St Pete.  Is there a place where Hog fans gather for games?

opineonswine

Quote from: ghostzapper on January 02, 2018, 07:43:16 pm
Where in Tampa?  I'm in St Pete.  Is there a place where Hog fans gather for games?

DuVal Street, Key West.