Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New coach..who you got

Started by JackJohnson, October 12, 2019, 10:15:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Helmet Hog

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on October 28, 2019, 08:37:16 am

This would be the Arkansas thing to do...go hire a guy who has no drive to do what he was hired to do!!

No drive? Pitman? Please explain.

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: parallaxpig on October 28, 2019, 06:26:24 am
Maybe but never count out ambition, plus little tidbit of doubling his salary.
hes in my top 5 for sure... he is a demanding hard nosed offensive mind... exactly what Arkansas needs.

Hogatlaw

Quote from: TebowHater on October 12, 2019, 10:24:58 pm
Eliah Drinkwitz

Coached at Alma, graduated from Arkansas Tech, coached at Auburn, Arkansas State, Boise State, Springdale so he knows the state, what our expectations are and the entire recruiting base.

He, in half a season of his first year being an HC at App State, has more P5 wins than CCM does in his career. App State currently 6-0 including win over more talented North Carolina.

I'm sold. Hire him tomorrow.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Dark Helmet Hog on October 28, 2019, 08:39:21 am
No drive? Pitman? Please explain.

It was stated he didn't want the job...I was just going off of that!
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: Hogatlaw on October 28, 2019, 08:46:19 am
I'm sold. Hire him tomorrow.
Would rather have Dearmon from Kansas.. but some will complain about his HC experience.

Tim Harris

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on October 28, 2019, 07:14:40 am
Schiano's biggest problem will be recruiting down south.

Doesn't have to be him just someone who has experience taking over a down program and building them up to a respectable level.

Leadbelly

Quote from: icymcfadden on October 12, 2019, 10:26:21 pm
I don't care just somebody else
That's what I said a couple of years ago.
"I do mind, the Dude minds. This will not stand, ya know, this aggression will not stand, man."

dpetty121263

Elmer Fudd would make a dandy!

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: dpetty121263 on October 28, 2019, 08:15:16 pm
Elmer Fudd would make a dandy!

Instead of Hammer Down, it would be Kill da wabbit.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Dwight_K_Shrute

I'm just ready for his a$$ to be run so we can get ourselves a proper coach search forum.  Much better than all these willy nilly threads.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

ChicoHog

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on October 28, 2019, 07:14:40 am
Schiano's biggest problem will be recruiting down south.
Matt Rhule had no history in texas and he is doing a great job at Baylor.  If someone can recruit they can do it anywhere. 

jcul28

1. Norvell
2. Heupel
3. Kiffin

3 guys that are realistic and would probably come.

Hawginj

Quote from: jcul28 on October 28, 2019, 08:55:33 pm
1. Norvell
2. Heupel
3. Kiffin

3 guys that are realistic and would probably come.
fantastic list 👍

#1 STUNNA

With every story i read on Dearmon he is becoming more and more intriguing... he definitely lacks the experience... but that man knows how to score touchdowns and his attitude is infectious. Doubt we have the balls to make this kind of move or a move for many of the other talented upcoming coaches/coordinators out there.

31to6

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on October 28, 2019, 10:30:03 pm
With every story i read on Dearmon he is becoming more and more intriguing... he definitely lacks the experience... but that man knows how to score touchdowns and his attitude is infectious. Doubt we have the balls to make this kind of move or a move for many of the other talented upcoming coaches/coordinators out there.
Is the story that Dearmon has turned out to be a good OC or that Les Miles was able to identify and then can a non-performing OC just 6 weeks into his first season?

Head Coaches have to be willing and able to make hard decisions.

RiotHog5

Drop off the truck at Joe Brady house

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: 31to6 on October 28, 2019, 11:08:23 pm
Is the story that Dearmon has turned out to be a good OC or that Les Miles was able to identify and then can a non-performing OC just 6 weeks into his first season?

Head Coaches have to be willing and able to make hard decisions.
obviously it's a little of both. But the guys has put up points everywhere... high school... D2.. NAIA.... now D1...   https://247sports.com/college/kansas/LongFormArticle/Analysis-KU-football-has-found-a-star-in-offensive-coordinator-Brent-Dearmon-137594918/

EastTexasHog

Joe Brady and bring Aranda with him.

Hogcore

Aranda is looking better and better.

LRrazorback

Just saw a headline on ESPN where Paul Finebaum says Notre Dame should buy out Brian Kelley and hire Urban Meyer. If that happens, I'd be all in on Brian Kelly, if we could get him.

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: LRrazorback on October 29, 2019, 09:28:15 am
Just saw a headline on ESPN where Paul Finebaum says Notre Dame should buy out Brian Kelley and hire Urban Meyer. If that happens, I'd be all in on Brian Kelly, if we could get him.
lol.. he ain't coming to Arkansas

SeldomHere

All losing fan bases are the same. Insufferable to each other.
All winning fan bases are the same. Insufferable to everyone else.