Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MiLB

Started by AirForceHog, April 07, 2015, 09:46:52 am

Previous topic - Next topic

AirForceHog

April 07, 2015, 09:46:52 am Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 02:37:27 pm by AirForceHog
i love this time of year. I enjoy going to a major league game once or twice a year however the minors are definitely way more fun and affordable. Any other minor league fans out there? Being stationed in NC there are several teams I'm able to go see. The closest being the Carolina Mudcats and of course then there is the Durham Bulls.
If it turns, burns, banks or rolls, crew chiefs made it happen.

McKdaddy

I really enjoy minor league ball, so long as I'm not the one ferrying the kids back-and-forth to the endless things that take them out of their seats, such as the splash pad, the bounce house, the bounce slide, the 2 water slides (don't ask, ugh), the face painting, etc.....all the crap that prevents their wandering minds from sitting there and actually watching the game.  I blame their mother.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

AirForceHog

I understand how the extras can distract. I just purchased tickets to the Carolina Mudcats game for Saturday. They are now a Braves affiliate this year. Woo Hoo. Go Braves.

McKdaddy

Quote from: AirForceHog on April 07, 2015, 05:26:04 pm
I understand how the extras can distract. I just purchased tickets to the Carolina Mudcats game for Saturday. They are now a Braves affiliate this year. Woo Hoo. Go Braves.

Excellent bang for the buck.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

gutshot

I've been to a few Mississippi Braves games over the past couple of years and I love it.  I follow the Braves minor league teams pretty closely anyway, but I have also gotten to see guys like Kris Bryant and Christian Yelich play against them which is cool.  Plus it's cheap.  $14 dollar tickets has me setting my beer on top of the dugout. 

gutshot

I just purchased tickets to the Carolina Mudcats game for Saturday. They are now a Braves affiliate this year. Woo Hoo. Go Braves.

Connor Lien, Dustin Peterson, Lucas Sims, Mauricio Cabrera...There are some potential major leaguers on that roster for you to watch. 

AirForceHog

15 dollar ticket for me. Can't beat that at all. I looked through the roster and I saw couple of the Mudcats players on the top prospects list.

gutshot

Lucas Sims really should be starting in AA instead of Carolina. I would go see him pitch first chance you get, because he will probably be promoted pretty quickly.

gutshot

Looks like you will get to see former Razorback commit, Teddy Stankiewicz, pitch against the Mudcats Saturday. 

AirForceHog

Where did you see the line up? I have been looking and had no luck.

AirForceHog

Never mind I just saw the matchup on the webpage.

AirForceHog

Now I'll have to wear my braves jersey and a hog hat.

popcornhog

Quote from: AirForceHog on April 07, 2015, 09:46:52 am
i love this time of year. I enjoy going to a major league game once or twice a year however the minors are definitely way more fun and affordable. Any other minor league fans out there? Being stationed in NC there are several teams I'm able to go see. The closest being the Carolina Mudcats and of course then there is the Durham Bulls.

I went to Travs games when I lived in LR. That Nats were just showing up in NWA when I was finishing college in Fayetteville so I didn't get to go to many games.

Now that I live in an MLB town I go to quite a few Royals games.
WPS