Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bubble Watch: Clemson vs. Florida State

Started by Hogtropolis™, March 08, 2007, 11:45:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogtropolis™

March 08, 2007, 11:45:55 am Last Edit: March 08, 2007, 11:53:49 am by Hogtropolis™
Clemson is pretty much already in.  If FSU loses they are for sure out, but if they keep winning they keep getting closer just like us.  GO TIGERS!

Score right now is 33-30 FSU with 3:50 left in the first half.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/gamecast?gameId=270670228

Hogtropolis™

jhudson84

Clemson needs the win as well, they have struggled terribley down the stretch and the committee really looks at that.

TRUHOG718

Quote from: Hogtropolis™ on March 08, 2007, 11:45:55 am
Clemson is pretty much already in.  If FSU loses they are for sure out, but if they keep winning they keep getting closer just like us.  GO TIGERS!

Hogtropolis you are way off.  Clemson is in no way shape or form already in. Clemson played an "extra frosted CUPCAKE" non conference and have been Ape food in the ACC. They need this one and the next one to even be considered for a bid. I appreciate your bubble watch but check your facts first. BTW this is not a cheap shot at you so dont take it that way. WPS
http://www.sicollection.com/assets/images/nolan_richardson_300.jpg

One Day. We Will Be Back. I Promise You This.

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: TRUHOG718 on March 08, 2007, 12:35:12 pm

Hogtropolis you are way off.  Clemson is in no way shape or form already in. Clemson played an "extra frosted CUPCAKE" non conference and have been Ape food in the ACC. They need this one and the next one to even be considered for a bid. I appreciate your bubble watch but check your facts first. BTW this is not a cheap shot at you so dont take it that way. WPS

From Bomis' thread earlier:

Quote from: Bomis Hawg on March 08, 2007, 08:47:31 am
Click Here

The link above is to a site I regularly check.  Jay Coleman and Alan Lynch are the two guys who do the site.  They project who the committee will pick for the at-large teams.  They've done a good job.

QuoteThe Dance Card has never missed on more than three spots in any season.  Over the last 13 years, the Dance Card has correctly predicted 416 of the 444 available at-large Tournament slots (or 93.7%).  Over the 7-year period (2000 through 2006) for which the Dance Card has been used since its initial development in 1999 (based on 1994 through 1999 data), it has correctly predicted 224 out of the 239 available at-large Tournament slots (93.7%).
The formula's best years were in 2001 and in 2005, when it correctly predicting 33 of the 34 available at-large Tournament slots (or 97% accuracy). 

The Dance Card can only be as accurate as the Selection Committees are consistent; it is an estimate of the Selection Committees' (not the authors') decision criteria.  The high level of accuracy and consistency of the model is strong evidence that the

They have a "Bubble Bursts Here" spot, where everyone below would not make the NCAAT.  Games have been updated through yesterday.  The top 5 teams who have not clinched an auto bid and are below the burst point: Texas Tech; SDSU; Stanford; Appalachian State; and Arkansas.
On the Dance Card, Clemson is #32 which 16 spots away from being left out of the tourney.  I would say they are pretty much in.  So TRUHOG, I did check my facts and I would be very surprised if Clemson doesn't get it.  How about you try to check your facts next time.

Hogtropolis™

jhudson84

TRUHOG718

Quote from: Hogtropolis™ on March 08, 2007, 12:45:38 pm

Click Here

The link above is to a site I regularly check.  Jay Coleman and Alan Lynch are the two guys who do the site.  They project who the committee will pick for the at-large teams.  They've done a good job.

QuoteThe Dance Card has never missed on more than three spots in any season.  Over the last 13 years, the Dance Card has correctly predicted 416 of the 444 available at-large Tournament slots (or 93.7%).  Over the 7-year period (2000 through 2006) for which the Dance Card has been used since its initial development in 1999 (based on 1994 through 1999 data), it has correctly predicted 224 out of the 239 available at-large Tournament slots (93.7%).
The formula's best years were in 2001 and in 2005, when it correctly predicting 33 of the 34 available at-large Tournament slots (or 97% accuracy). 

The Dance Card can only be as accurate as the Selection Committees are consistent; it is an estimate of the Selection Committees' (not the authors') decision criteria.  The high level of accuracy and consistency of the model is strong evidence that the

They have a "Bubble Bursts Here" spot, where everyone below would not make the NCAAT.  Games have been updated through yesterday.  The top 5 teams who have not clinched an auto bid and are below the burst point: Texas Tech; SDSU; Stanford; Appalachian State; and Arkansas.
On the Dance Card, Clemson is #32 which 16 spots away from being left out of the tourney.  I would say they are pretty much in.  So TRUHOG, I did check my facts and I would be very surprised if Clemson doesn't get it.  How about you try to check your facts next time.

I checked my facts and I dont rely on Jay and Alan to be my guide. I watch and know enough about College BBall to be my own expert. But I will agree to disagree with you bro. Well lets see what happens if Clemson loses this game. WPS

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: jhudson84 on March 08, 2007, 12:52:34 pm
Clemson at least needs this win.
Maybe you are right.  Maybe FSU needs 2 more wins to get in and Clemson only needs one.  So maybe it would be better for FSU to win this game.  It's kind of hard to say.

polandhog

jhudson84

Fsu to win and lose next round would help the most.

TRUHOG718

Quote from: TRUHOG718 on March 08, 2007, 12:53:01 pm
Quote from: Hogtropolis™ on March 08, 2007, 12:45:38 pm

Click Here

I checked my facts and I dont rely on Jay and Alan to be my guide. I watch and know enough about College BBall to be my own expert. But I will agree to disagree with you bro. Well lets see what happens if Clemson loses this game. WPS

Thanks for smiting me for stating my fact based opinion. BTW I didnt smite back you because I respect everyones opinion on this board as crazy as some peoples opinions are. Well they lost so I will expect you to at least applaud me after selection Sunday when their name is not called. Im off to spread my love on another thread. WPS

Ouachihog

Florida State rose from 47 to 38 in the rpi.  Clemson dropped from 36 to 45 in the rpi.  Syracuse (47), Notre Dame (48), and Arkansas (49) are ranked right behind clemson. 

Syracuse and ND play today.  I expect Arkansas to win today.  So, 2 teams will probably move above Clemson with a win today.  Clemson is 3-7 in their last 10.  I think Clemson is in SERIOUS trouble. 

We really need Florida State to lose to UNC tomorrow.  Still think FSU is in though based on their win today, but the MIGHT not be in for sure. 
"If I lived back in the wild west days, instead of carrying a six-gun in my holster, I'd carry a soldering iron. That way, if some smart-aleck cowboy said something like "Hey, look. He's carrying a soldering iron!" and started laughing, and everybody else started laughing, I could just say, "That's right, it's a soldering iron. The soldering iron of justice." Then everybody would get real quiet and ashamed, because they had made fun of the soldering iron of justice, and I could probably hit them up for a free drink."

"I hope if dogs ever take over the world, and they chose a king, they don't just go by size, because I bet there are some Chihuahuas with some good ideas."

Bomis Hawg

Clemson and FSU was thought to be a winner-likely-will-be-in.  I think Clemson's final streak might've did them in. 

A little surprised he had Clemson that hight, but they might drop down significantly now.  FSU, with another win, could be in.  This might be a big pus for Arkansas.

LJHOG

Quote from: Ouachihog on March 08, 2007, 01:34:43 pm
Florida State rose from 47 to 38 in the rpi.  Clemson dropped from 36 to 45 in the rpi.  Syracuse (47), Notre Dame (48), and Arkansas (49) are ranked right behind clemson. 

Syracuse and ND play today.  I expect Arkansas to win today.  So, 2 teams will probably move above Clemson with a win today.  Clemson is 3-7 in their last 10.  I think Clemson is in SERIOUS trouble. 

We really need Florida State to lose to UNC tomorrow.  Still think FSU is in though based on their win today, but the MIGHT not be in for sure. 
All this happened based on today's games?  If so, we win two in the SECT and I think we are in.

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: TRUHOG718 on March 08, 2007, 01:17:40 pm
Thanks for smiting me for stating my fact based opinion. BTW I didnt smite back you because I respect everyones opinion on this board as crazy as some peoples opinions are. Well they lost so I will expect you to at least applaud me after selection Sunday when their name is not called. Im off to spread my love on another thread. WPS
Just to let you know there are no hard feelings, I just applauded you and will give you another if Clemson is out come Sunday.

Ouachihog

Quote from: LJHOG on March 08, 2007, 01:52:47 pm
Quote from: Ouachihog on March 08, 2007, 01:34:43 pm

All this happened based on today's games?  If so, we win two in the SECT and I think we are in.

Yes, however keep in mind that the rpi is changing by the hour since so many games are going on.  It will fluctuate some over the next 4 days. 

Arkansas has an outside chance if they win 2 games, and at least a 50/50 chance (maybe better depending on other teams) if they win 3 games. 
"If I lived back in the wild west days, instead of carrying a six-gun in my holster, I'd carry a soldering iron. That way, if some smart-aleck cowboy said something like "Hey, look. He's carrying a soldering iron!" and started laughing, and everybody else started laughing, I could just say, "That's right, it's a soldering iron. The soldering iron of justice." Then everybody would get real quiet and ashamed, because they had made fun of the soldering iron of justice, and I could probably hit them up for a free drink."

"I hope if dogs ever take over the world, and they chose a king, they don't just go by size, because I bet there are some Chihuahuas with some good ideas."