Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Are we close to selling out the Tenn Tech game?

Started by threeD, August 29, 2010, 10:45:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RAF

Quote from: bubbafromSECF on August 30, 2010, 08:14:37 am
It'd be sold out if it was @ WMS. Just sayin...
There will still be more people at RRS.

1highhog

Quote from: Earl on August 30, 2010, 05:43:18 pm

Just curious how you feel about this...How many would show this weekend if no one outside NWA showed up?

Your wanting to know how many people would show up to the game if no one came to the game but people from NWA???  I'm not sure why your asking this question but IMO and this is only a guess, I would say around 10,000 to 15,000.  I am not counting in that the number of students that also would be at the game.

Porkerpower

So does anybody know how many tickets are left?  From what I'm reading I would say sounds bad.  Hope not. 

1highhog

I still think we will have 70,000 there, if we do, that will be a good crowd for this game.

ballhog™

Does this mean we should talk about expanding Razorback Stadium?
Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

Porkerpower

I just went online and went thru the process of ordering tickets, just to see what sec./row it would take me to.

Fayetteville season tickets are selling in sec.507 row 19 as of right now.  Individual Tenn Tech tickets are selling in sec. 111, throw back tickets from the visitors.

Little Rock season tickets are sold out unless you want to sit by yourself.  Some single season tickets are still available.  La-Monroe tickets are being sold in sec. 14 row 50, and it looks close enough to call this one will sell out.

Porkerpower

Quote from: 1highhog on August 30, 2010, 09:08:48 pm
I still think we will have 70,000 there, if we do, that will be a good crowd for this game.

I agree. +1  I checked tickets for the first Bama game 2 days ago and they had some tickets left.  So........

1highhog

Quote from: Porkerpower on August 30, 2010, 09:20:07 pm
I agree. +1  I checked tickets for the first Bama game 2 days ago and they had some tickets left.  So........

Back at ya +1

Mr. Barnett (rbarnet424)

@nwarobbie from the arkansas news tweeted this yesterday

"Arkansas says it has roughly 4.500 tickets remaining for saturday's opener, 3500 of which were part of Tennessee Tech's allotment."
PanamaHOG
Representing the Razorbacks down in PTY

Simple Swineman

Quote from: rbarnett424 on August 31, 2010, 08:47:16 am

"Arkansas says it has roughly 4.500 tickets remaining for saturday's opener, 3500 of which were part of Tennessee Tech's allotment."

That's what most people never calculate in. When we play SEC teams at RRS those schools will sell 5-8K tickets, leaving about 64-67K for Hog fans. But when we play teams like Tennessee Tech they will only sell a few hundred tickets which requires an additional 5-8K Hog fans to fill the stadium.... for Tennessee Tech. Not likely based on our historical fan support.

This is also why there are still plenty of tickets available for ULM in Little Rock. Anytime we play one of those type teams in WMS in never sells out until just a day or two before kickoff, because there are so many turn back tickets.

EastexHawg

Quote from: rzrbkman on August 30, 2010, 07:29:27 pm
I was at both of those games and the New Mexico St attendance might have been accurate but I can't believe that there were 58000 in attendance for La-Lafayette. It was a bitter cold day the bleachers covered with ice and everyone in attendance could have fit in the lower decks with room left over.

I think you have the wrong La-Lafayette game.  I was at the snow and ice game you are describing and it was in 1995, not 2002.  That was before the stadium was expanded.  The school was still called Univ of SW Louisiana back then, and if I'm not mistaken Jake Delhomme was their QB.

My wife-to-be and I left Dallas that Friday afternoon in 75 degree weather.  By the time we got near Muskogee the rain changed to snow.  We drove the last couple of hours through one of the heaviest snows I've seen in that part of the country in a long time...with a defroster that didn't work and wiper blades that were nothing more than blocks of ice swiping across the windshield.

Good times!

GuvHog

I'm predicting around 67,000 to 68,000 attendance for the game Saturday in Fayetteville. For a non conference game that's a good crowd. The attendance for the Alabama game however, will exceed the official capacity of 72,000 by quite a bit IMO, especially if the Hogs beat Georgia in Athens.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Nutts and Bolts

There appears to be quite a few SINGLE GAME TICKETS available in section 111 (Visitor section) for the Tenn. Tech game online at www.arkansasrazorbacks.com
A new era has begun in Fayetteville

Oklahawg

I wonder if they are counting the 4K bleachers in the SEZ? Probably not. 72K-4500=67.5K right now.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

pigsooiec5

How much do you think I could pick up an individual ticket for on Saturday if I wait to buy one from someone selling outside the stadium?

kingoftherapids

Quote from: pigsooiec5 on August 31, 2010, 02:02:50 pm
How much do you think I could pick up an individual ticket for on Saturday if I wait to buy one from someone selling outside the stadium?
20 bucks

benswinesmoney

Quote from: Oklahawg on August 31, 2010, 01:53:25 pm
I wonder if they are counting the 4K bleachers in the SEZ? Probably not. 72K-4500=67.5K right now.

Actually, that's not correct.  The official capacity is 72,658 and it does NOT include the temp bleachers.  That's why when those are full like USC, Tenn, etc.., we have climbed over 76,000.  The bleachers will be there, but only for students if all of them show.  Therefore, we're at approximately 67,500 as of yesterday, and if the students show up in large numbers it goes up from there.

RAF

Quote from: benswinesmoney on August 31, 2010, 02:20:06 pm
Actually, that's not correct.  The official capacity is 72,658 and it does NOT include the temp bleachers.  That's why when those are full like USC, Tenn, etc.., we have climbed over 76,000.  The bleachers will be there, but only for students if all of them show.  Therefore, we're at approximately 67,500 as of yesterday, and if the students show up in large numbers it goes up from there.
Unsold student tickets can be purchased beginning Thursday up until game day for $25 at the Ticket Office on campus.

art1

What so funny is most college football teams will play nobody this week except a few teams. Alabama will play San Jose state and will sell out anyway and others as well and I bet some of there tickets prices are higher than ours. 

benswinesmoney

Quote from: art1 on August 31, 2010, 02:50:20 pm
What so funny is most college football teams will play nobody this week except a few teams. Alabama will play San Jose state and will sell out anyway and others as well and I bet some of there tickets prices are higher than ours. 

not being a smartass, but if we had just won the National Title instead of the Liberty Bowl on a last second field goal, I doubt we'd have any tickets left and an expansion would be underway.  The AJC here in Atlanta put up a story about Georgia just selling out for this weekend's game yesterday.  Their stadium is much bigger, yes, but Atlanta is one hour away from Athens too and has roughly double the population of the entire state of Arkansas in it's metro area alone.

art1

I understand that. You can say that about alot of teams out there especially in the top 25 but lot of them will play weak teams and will sell out.
Quote from: benswinesmoney on August 31, 2010, 03:04:34 pm
not being a smartass, but if we had just won the National Title instead of the Liberty Bowl on a last second field goal, I doubt we'd have any tickets left and an expansion would be underway.  The AJC here in Atlanta put up a story about Georgia just selling out for this weekend's game yesterday.  Their stadium is much bigger, yes, but Atlanta is one hour away from Athens too and has roughly double the population of the entire state of Arkansas in it's metro area alone.

Hog Fan...DOH!

A lot of those "big" names will have tickets available, too. 

Cave City Joe

Consider it a sellout even if all tickets are not sold.  The rest will be made up with PPV.
"When you're part of a team, you stand up for your teammates. Your loyalty is to them. You protect them through good and bad, because they'd do the same for you."  <br />Yogi Berra

Oklahawg

Quote from: benswinesmoney on August 31, 2010, 02:20:06 pm

If we are undefeated for Bama it'll set a new attendance record. You couldn't fit more folks in there if you wrung out a giant shamwow full of fans.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

benswinesmoney

Quote from: Oklahawg on August 31, 2010, 09:35:12 pm
If we are undefeated for Bama it'll set a new attendance record. You couldn't fit more folks in there if you wrung out a giant shamwow full of fans.

Incidently in the paper today, it shows that last year we had nearly 1600 tickets unsold on a season ticket basis, this year we've sold about 900 more.  Most of the single game tickets are visitors, and obviously Tenn Tech is not going to bring anyone.  Bama on the other hand will have 7000 or so on hand of their own fans, making it a very tough ticket.  There will likely be more Arkansas fans present for this game this weekend than at any other game this year.

b0sc0b

Quote from: Oklahawg on August 31, 2010, 09:35:12 pm
"A Shamwow full of fans" is poetry and should be in the academic forum.
Government is not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem.-Ronald Reagan

Hog Fan...DOH!

I think we'll be pushing 77K for the Bama game.  It should be pretty intense.  Too bad it's probably going to be a 2:30 kickoff. 

The Marmot

Quote from: Hog Fan...DOH! on September 01, 2010, 11:21:04 am
I think we'll be pushing 77K for the Bama game.  It should be pretty intense.  Too bad it's probably going to be a 2:30 kickoff. 

2:30 isn't bad.

Sufficient time for pre-game tailgating, and plenty of time for post-game after a win.
I was booooorn to love you... I was booooorn to lick your face... I was booooorn to rub you... but you were born to rub me first - Ty Webb

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 28, 2014, 06:59:50 pm
The fact that you can type the words doesn't stop the thought behind those words from being horseshit.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!