Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stan just answered the McCurdy question on the sports....

Started by Boarcephus, February 05, 2006, 05:29:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Kilgor

Quote from: mikeirwin on February 05, 2006, 11:15:45 pm
It took a lot more guts for Scott to go toe to toe with Heath sitting three feet in front of his face that it does to complain about him on a message board.

Amen.
Northwest Arkansas gardening and critter raising:

http://www.backyardfreshfoods.com/

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: Boarcephus on February 05, 2006, 05:29:46 pm
hats off to whoever that reporter was.  Good questions and he kept after Heath.
The reporter was Scott Cain of the Dem-Gaz. The issue was not whether Heath should have played McCurdy more. The issue was that Heath said he WAS GOING to play him more earlier last week but ended up playing him less.
Scott is a good reporter. To those of you who complain here that the media is afraid to ask tough questions here's an example of how you are wrong. It took a lot more guts for Scott to go toe to toe with Heath sitting three feet in front of his face that it does to complain about him on a message board.

Thanks Mike.  GREAT information.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

Ugly Uncle

The reporter was Scott Cain of the Dem-Gaz. The issue was not whether Heath should have played McCurdy more. The issue was that Heath said he WAS GOING to play him more earlier last week but ended up playing him less.
Scott is a good reporter. To those of you who complain here that the media is afraid to ask tough questions here's an example of how you are wrong. It took a lot more guts for Scott to go toe to toe with Heath sitting three feet in front of his face that it does to complain about him on a message board.

Whoa Mike.  I want you to know that I admire the reporters that have the courage to do that.  I agree that it takes some guts to ask those questions.  It takes no guts whatsoever to complain on this board...if it did...I wouldn't do it. (insert smiley face here.)
Retired Radio Host

mikeirwin

I got a little carried away. Actually Scott was about 8 feet away from Heath at the time.

Quote from: mikeirwin on February 05, 2006, 11:46:45 pm
I got a little carried away. Actually Scott was about 8 feet away from Heath at the time.

Get it right, dammit!  ;D

Seriously, I have been in locker rooms and at those press conferences.  If you never have experienced this, you have no idea how intimidating it can be.  These guys have pressure from their bosses and fans to get the story, but if they push too hard they may not get anything from the coaches/players.  It is a tough balancing act.

Nice job by Scott.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

Temprees

Quote from: ridgeback on February 05, 2006, 06:49:43 pm
The only problem with his experience and being thrown into the fire is that Stan didn't play him earlier in the year when they needed a good shooter in the game, not someone who will pass up wide open shots.  Being up by 18 is a good time let him have a shot at running the team, giving Jefferson time to rest and not be out of gas late in games.
We were up by 18 on Kentucky also, and lost.  McCurdy has not been able to play adequate defense in any of the games that we played against the better teams.  This goes back to the Hawaii tournament at the beginning of the season.  

I would suspect that our guards, Jefferson, Ferguson and Ervin are giving McCurdy fits in practice every day.  

If I were Heath, and it was perceived that my job was on the line this season, I would go with who "I" have confidence in.  I wouldn't play some one just because a segment of the fans "just like him" without regard to his performance. :puke:

chiefsfan

Quote from: dukefan on February 05, 2006, 06:58:11 pm
HE GUARDS NOBODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah  but you can't foul nobody on a three point attempt...;)
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

Lando Calrissian

Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

Michael Porkleone

One of the reporters asked him point blank about McCurdy's playing time, especially when he stated he was going to play him more.  Stan says he did play him, the reporter said yeah, a minute.  Stan came back with the "who do you take out, Modica, Brewer?" retort. The reporter said how about Jefferson or Ferguson and Stan came back with you need Ferguson and Jefferson in for their defense.   Stan had a rather defiant sneer to him during the interview.  IMHO, Sean is out of luck with this coach.   

One more thing, hats off to whoever that reporter was.  Good questions and he kept after Heath.

DJ is great at defense...it would be silly to take him out when he is playing so good...yes, i know he fouled the 3 ptr...yes, I know sometimes he doesn't find the open look...but, SM is not a better option at this point in the game...

Why the heck don't you all realize this? 
Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

Quote from: Yindao on February 06, 2006, 12:41:17 am
One of the reporters asked him point blank about McCurdy's playing time, especially when he stated he was going to play him more.  Stan says he did play him, the reporter said yeah, a minute.  Stan came back with the "who do you take out, Modica, Brewer?" retort. The reporter said how about Jefferson or Ferguson and Stan came back with you need Ferguson and Jefferson in for their defense.   Stan had a rather defiant sneer to him during the interview.  IMHO, Sean is out of luck with this coach.  

One more thing, hats off to whoever that reporter was.  Good questions and he kept after Heath.

DJ is great at defense...it would be silly to take him out when he is playing so good...yes, i know he fouled the 3 ptr...yes, I know sometimes he doesn't find the open look...but, SM is not a better option at this point in the game...

Because some of us actually WATCH the games.  DJ is NOT A POINT GUARD.

Michael Porkleone

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on February 06, 2006, 12:44:47 am
One of the reporters asked him point blank about McCurdy's playing time, especially when he stated he was going to play him more.  Stan says he did play him, the reporter said yeah, a minute.  Stan came back with the "who do you take out, Modica, Brewer?" retort. The reporter said how about Jefferson or Ferguson and Stan came back with you need Ferguson and Jefferson in for their defense.   Stan had a rather defiant sneer to him during the interview.  IMHO, Sean is out of luck with this coach.   

How long is that beard again?  Your name just proves that you are a jackass.  And yes, Jefferson is TOO a point guard.
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

Quote from: Yindao on February 06, 2006, 12:57:11 am
One of the reporters asked him point blank about McCurdy's playing time, especially when he stated he was going to play him more.  Stan says he did play him, the reporter said yeah, a minute.  Stan came back with the "who do you take out, Modica, Brewer?" retort. The reporter said how about Jefferson or Ferguson and Stan came back with you need Ferguson and Jefferson in for their defense.   Stan had a rather defiant sneer to him during the interview.  IMHO, Sean is out of luck with this coach.  

How long is that beard again?  Your name just proves that you are a jackass.  And yes, Jefferson is TOO a point guard.
How does it prove that I am a jackass? LOL.
You need to relax, dude.
He does not have PG skills.  As someone else said, this is not And 1.

Ugly Uncle

Wow...just had a flash back to third grade.  If I said, "are not" that would be as valid of an argument as you just made.
Retired Radio Host

Michael Porkleone

Quote from: uglyuncle on February 06, 2006, 01:03:42 am

Wow...just had a flash back to third grade.  If I said, "are not" that would be as valid of an argument as you just made.

from yindao = "ARE NOT!!!" ?

I just wish sometimes you people would have a little better attitude about what's happening on the hill rather than just bringing everyone down with your b#$ching and moaning....just MHO...

And i'm sorry.  Do you realize that NSTNG quotes Che Guevara?  That alone should discredit anything he says...

(by saying "he" I am assuming that NSTNG is a male...but then again, you never know)

GO HOGS!!!

Quote from: Yindao on February 06, 2006, 01:11:06 am

I just wish sometimes you people would have a little better attitude about what's happening on the hill rather than just bringing everyone down with your b#$ching and moaning....just MHO...

And i'm sorry.  Do you realize that NSTNG quotes Che Guevara?  That alone should discredit anything he says...

(by saying "he" I am assuming that NSTNG is a male...but then again, you never know)

GO HOGS!!!

Now YOUR POST proves who the jackass is.

Michael Porkleone

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on February 06, 2006, 01:17:51 am

GO HOGS!!!

"Now" Maybe if you LOL and use a few more exclamation points in your posts JFB may hear you...

Quote from: Yindao on February 06, 2006, 01:29:38 am

GO HOGS!!!

"Now" Maybe if you LOL and use a few more exclamation points in your posts JFB may hear you...

You aren't making any sense.  Lay off the opium when you post.

Lando Calrissian

We'll find out really quickly how good McCurdy is next season when he's the only guard on the team.

(I'm pulling for the guy, don't get me wrong.)

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

Michael Porkleone

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on February 06, 2006, 01:31:02 am
Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo link=topic=47200.msg5195nquote author=notshavintilnuttgo link=topic=47200.msg519541#msg519541 date=1139211062]

GO HOGS!!!

34#msg519534 date=1139210271]

GO HOGS!!!

[/quote]

no...I think the opium is helping me...

It's about time that someone called out a cliche wielding poser such as yourself......All you do is post your grievances with the U of A athletic dept...Show some support for once. 

Ugly Uncle

Hey...could we possibly not hit the "quote" button anymore?  Just a suggestion. 

By the way Yindao...you aren't the first to call out Notshav.  You won't be the last.  You got nothing new. 

Try to come with it next time (that is my favorite cliche)
Retired Radio Host

Quote from: Yindao on February 06, 2006, 01:37:08 am
Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on February 06, 2006, 01:31:02 am
Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo link=topic=47200.msg5195nquote author=notshavintilnuttgo link=topic=47200.msg519541#msg519541 date=1139211062]

GO HOGS!!!

34#msg519534 date=1139210271]

GO HOGS!!!

no...I think the opium is helping me...

It's about time that someone called out a cliche wielding poser such as yourself......All you do is post your grievances with the U of A athletic dept...Show some support for once. 
[/quote]

Umm..this is a message board.  The U of A makes no money off of this.  So we are allowed to ACTUALLY THINK FOR OURSELVES and BE OBJECTIVE.  You should try it sometime, it is very liberating.

Welcome to the board by the way.  Starting off with personal attacks is not a good way to begin.  But I'll ignore it and chalk it up to the Opium.

GO HOGS

Lando Calrissian

Michael Porkleone

Chalk it up...and REMEMBER just because SOMEONE has a FEW posts DOESN'T mean that HE hasn't BEEN viewing the BOARD FOR a LONG time.

I'm sorry...I think my cpu has caught the annoying caps virus from your machine. 

DJ4 4 EVA!

Kilgor

Quote from: Lando Calrissian on February 06, 2006, 01:34:58 am
We'll find out really quickly how good McCurdy is next season when he's the only guard on the team.

(I'm pulling for the guy, don't get me wrong.)

Gary Ervin is a Jr PG Transfer from MSU.  He was a Parade All American out of high school and freshman all SEC.  He has been practicing with the team all year while he sits out the NCAA mandated time.
Northwest Arkansas gardening and critter raising:

http://www.backyardfreshfoods.com/

jkstock04

Of the games I've been to this year...and I've been to quite a few....Jefferson has sucked.  I saw no reason to have him on the court...when we're on offense the other team doesn't have to worry about Jefferson as a shooting/scoring threat.  Why have a PG out there who cant shoot the damn ball??  He's absolutley a zero scoring threat!!  I thought that was what they were supposed to do.  That just blows my mind....people ask about what the infatuation with McCurdy is....I want to know what the infatuation with Jefferson is!!  Does he really play good defense like people say??  From what I've seen, none of the team really plays good defense...especially in the second half.  He gets a lot of assists....ok, well when you never shoot the ball and all you do is pass what do you think is gonna happen??   
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Lando Calrissian

Quote from: KilgorGary Ervin is a Jr PG Transfer from MSU.  He was a Parade All American out of high school and freshman all SEC.  He has been practicing with the team all year while he sits out the NCAA mandated time.

So you're saying we'll have TWO guards next year?

(I'm quite aware of Gary Ervin.  I haven't [obviously] seen him play recently, though if memory serves he's a bit like another Eric Ferguson - Little, fast, and erratic.)

Watch out SEC!

hoggystyle78

IMO McCurdy should've been redshirted this year if he wasn't gonna play anymore than he has, it has just been a wasted year for the young man so far. I, like most of you, am unable to attend practice, so I don't see what Stan sees. All I'm saying is, with the pressure that Stan must be feeling to win, it wouldn't make sense to not play Sean if indeed he is the better option of the 2. I have to think that Stan is putting the best players on the floor and maybe McCurdy just isn't quite ready. I just hope this isn't another situation like the one with Olu.

hogsanity

Rarely do players RS in BB unless they are hurt. 

As for last Sat, we were stomping SC most of the game, and we had to weather a little late run when SC cut it too 10.  Why would Stan put in SM, or anyone else for that matter, when the game was being handles by those who will be the ones that will or will not get this team to the NCAA tourney? 

All I know is what I see in the games, as I dont see practice either.  And what I see in Sean is a Fr who can not play D to a level that warrants many minutes.  He might core 10 but he might give up 14+. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

WILL CLINTON

In this whole argument, I can't believe that no one threw out the race card.  My how times have changed.  6-8 years ago, that would have been the first thing out of a lot of hog fans mouths.
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

clew

anyone see how DJ performed in the first few minutes of the second half against UK?  talk about a meltdown.  His stat line for the game: 2pts, 1 assist, 5 turnovers, and 4 fouls (2 offensive) in 18 minutes of play.  Geez, I could have done that.
Pure as the dawn

whatsshakinbacon

That's hitting the nail on the head.  I like McCurdy, but after watching him closely when he's in it has become painfully obvious that he is terrible at defense.  I would love to see him in more, but I think Stan is extremely worried about him getting beat to the basket. 

Now I would argue that his poor defense is no more dangerous than Jefferson's inabilities but that's just my observation.

Bacon out...

hogsanity

Quote from: whatsshakinbacon on February 06, 2006, 08:59:23 am

That's hitting the nail on the head.  I like McCurdy, but after watching him closely when he's in it has become painfully obvious that he is terrible at defense.  I would love to see him in more, but I think Stan is extremely worried about him getting beat to the basket. 

Now I would argue that his poor defense is no more dangerous than Jefferson's inabilities but that's just my observation.

Bacon out...

Sean is not terrible on defense he is a FRESHMAN on defense.  The speed of the game makes him look horrible right now. 

I will say this.  If Sean ever HAS to be the Pg for the US, we have problems.  He is not a major college PG.  He looks like he will be an excellent 2 who can spell the main PG.  Sean can spot up and shoot, which we need, but he has to at least play decent D. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

nobballconcept

stan is f........... idiot.  he got caught in that interview and he responded with the modica and brewer.  mccurdy did not play b/c he pissed stan off with his comments in the paper the day before.  stan,  wake up and play the freshman so he is ready when the time comes.  you've had your chances to do it and you blew it.  we lose by 15 at LSU!

hogsanity

Quote from: nobballconcept on February 06, 2006, 09:12:42 am
stan is f........... idiot.  he got caught in that interview and he responded with the modica and brewer.  mccurdy did not play b/c he pissed stan off with his comments in the paper the day before.  stan,  wake up and play the freshman so he is ready when the time comes.  you've had your chances to do it and you blew it.  we lose by 15 at LSU!

And McCurdy would prevent us losing by 15 at LSu ( which I dont think we do anyway )?  How would he prevent that, by letting them score more points?  Do you really watch him when he is in the game?  He cant play defense.

Kevin

finally, someone else is starting to see the light. SM cannot play in the SEC.  His lack of athletism is a major factor into why he doesn't play and will not play. i would rather Stan step up and tell the kid, i made a mistake in bring you here, let me help you transfer.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

hogsanity

Quote from: Kevin on February 06, 2006, 09:26:59 am
finally, someone else is starting to see the light. SM cannot play in the SEC.  His lack of athletism is a major factor into why he doesn't play and will not play. i would rather Stan step up and tell the kid, i made a mistake in bring you here, let me help you transfer.

WHoa, I did not say he could not play in the SEC.  He is a FR who missed most of his HS SR season and right now he has not caught up to the speed of the game.  I think he will be a fine 2 guard for us and might bring that shooting we really need, but right now he might score 10 and give up 15.

Kevin

did you see the green kid from uf? he will torch anybody we put on him.  i guess mccurdy could become our lee humphreys.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

whatsshakinbacon

Quote from: hogsanity on February 06, 2006, 09:04:05 am
Quote from: whatsshakinbacon on February 06, 2006, 08:59:23 am

Bacon out...

Sean is not terrible on defense he is a FRESHMAN on defense.  The speed of the game makes him look horrible right now. 

I will say this.  If Sean ever HAS to be the Pg for the US, we have problems.  He is not a major college PG.  He looks like he will be an excellent 2 who can spell the main PG.  Sean can spot up and shoot, which we need, but he has to at least play decent D. 

With all due respect, I don't think reaction speed can be coached.  Sean will have most SEC quality players blow past him, regardless of whether he's a freshman or senior.  I do think, however, he will become better at positioning/blocking and it will happen less as he matures.

My point is that I think his mistakes are no more detrimental to our team than Jeffersons, and as such I'd rather be making an equal number of mistakes with a freshman than with a senior. 

Heath is playing not to lose (sound familiar) and is very worried about making the tournament.  McCurdy is probably a risk he's not willing to take.

Bacon out...

RAZORBART

hopefully the media will see he survived and follow the pattern.

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: RAZORBART on February 06, 2006, 10:06:35 am

hopefully the media will see he survived and follow the pattern.

I just wonder why the media is afraid to ask the tough questions of Nutt??
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

twistitup

the only reason sm looks slow is he has not seen enough pt. how can you adjust from hs to college if you never see the floor. it does take time to adjust, no it can't be taught, but it does take time. sm is a true pg and a freshman- give the kid a break.

Why is it being said that he won't be able to compete in the sec, will never be a good pg, he can't play d- sm is a freshman. Just like any sport- when playing college sports the level of comp and speed of the game increase.

Remember, Mustain will be a freshman- he will need to adjust- are we going to tell him he will never make it? In the All-American game it sure seemed the level of comp/speed of the game got to MM- he wont be taught to adjust to the game- he just will- in time. GIVE SM A BREAK AND PUT HIM ON THE DAMN COURT! LET HIM PROVE HIS WORTH.
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....