Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Losing Beard stinks but

Started by Hogsolo, July 25, 2015, 03:01:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawg Red

Quote from: texas tush hog on July 28, 2015, 10:49:06 am
How so? Read the whole thread.

I have. I see way more support and not really any throwing-under-the-bus. Don't understand the line about the Constitution (not that it would apply to regular people on a message board anyway - we don't have the right to enforce/take away Constitutional rights).

And the part about recruits reading is a major assumption. Same with opposing coaches loving it as they're likely dealing with issues of their own that could be viewed as negative.

texas tush hog

Quote from: Hawg Red on July 28, 2015, 11:00:57 am
I have. I see way more support and not really any throwing-under-the-bus. Don't understand the line about the Constitution (not that it would apply to regular people on a message board anyway - we don't have the right to enforce/take away Constitutional rights).

And the part about recruits reading is a major assumption. Same with opposing coaches loving it as they're likely dealing with issues of their own that could be viewed as negative.

Innocent until proven guilty.

hogsanity

Quote from: texas tush hog on July 28, 2015, 12:08:14 pm
Innocent until proven guilty.

Yes, and I have seen little to nothing to the contrary posted here. The fact remains, until the legal process moves forward, Anderson can't really do anything. IF they plead it down, which is likely, the Mike has to decide what he is going to do, assuming none go to prison as part of the plea ( which is unlikely ).

The problem Mike has is this could all take weeks or months. Lets ASSUME they take a plea deal, get probation, and that is all settled by November. At that point Mike has to decide if he is going to suspended them for any games. Still not nearly as bad as:

Now lets assume any or all won't take a deal, they go to trial. No way Mike can let them play while they await said trial. In this scenario, the ones facing trial would likely miss the entire season. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Hawg Red

Innocent until proven guilty applies only to the legal system, not public opinion. But even then, plenty of posters are stressing to let things play out.

Seems like you're trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill here.

ronmahony

I have been a bondsman until about a month ago the company went out of business. Any how, from past experiences I don't see these guys getting in to a lot of trouble. If this is their first offense. Not to sure about Beard. Thing that I have been thinking, this could go on for a long time before they get sentenced. If you were Mike, do you let these guys play, knowing this is hanging over their head? I mean they could all be playing, half way through the season, boom they all go to jail. Mike has some pretty tough choices to make, I believe.
"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.
     Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.

And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.

WorfHog

Quote from: ronmahony on August 04, 2015, 03:59:11 am
I have been a bondsman until about a month ago the company went out of business. Any how, from past experiences I don't see these guys getting in to a lot of trouble. If this is their first offense. Not to sure about Beard. Thing that I have been thinking, this could go on for a long time before they get sentenced. If you were Mike, do you let these guys play, knowing this is hanging over their head? I mean they could all be playing, half way through the season, boom they all go to jail. Mike has some pretty tough choices to make, I believe.

Mike probably won't lift the suspension until the legal proceedings are over.

psooie

are all 3 on scholarship for the upcoming season? should let them go to class  assuming they don't get into more trouble, which might be too late for one of them. Doubt they are allowed on the court for games until this is reduced to a misdemeanor or cleared.

mbgrulz

I don't know anything about precedence with this type of offense, but this seems like an obvious case of cooperate and we will lessen the charges or drop them all together. Could be wrong though...the govt does crazy things like jail people for marijuana.