Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

With basketball in shambles...

Started by HF#1, July 23, 2015, 08:28:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HF#1

I'm really hoping for a kickass football season.  If we can live up to some of the hype, I can breeze through basketball season a happy man.  Until baseball anyway...
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

HotlantaHog

May be too early to assume we are in shambles... Don't know the outcome of the three players who were arrested yet ... We have at least one Top 50 player coming in the fall and a second who is in prep school COULD be playing by January, we just don't know. We have one transfer who will be playing as I recall...

It may well be a transition year, but despite it all, I truly believe the future is bright ....

WarPig88

Quote from: HF#1 on July 23, 2015, 08:28:55 pm
I'm really hoping for a kickass football season.  If we can live up to some of the hype, I can breeze through basketball season a happy man.  Until baseball anyway...

I am always hoping for a big football season. However, counting on team that had 2 one thousand yard rushers and a top 10 defense and only won 7 games to set the world on fire is the stuff of homers.

I like Homer fans though. Everyone should be one!

arkansasrazorback

Quote from: HotlantaHog on July 24, 2015, 04:38:07 pm
May be too early to assume we are in shambles... Don't know the outcome of the three players who were arrested yet ... We have at least one Top 50 player coming in the fall and a second who is in prep school COULD be playing by January, we just don't know. We have one transfer who will be playing as I recall...

It may well be a transition year, but despite it all, I truly believe the future is bright ....
Oh it's in shambles

HF#1

Quote from: WarPig88 on July 24, 2015, 07:21:28 pm
I am always hoping for a big football season. However, counting on team that had 2 one thousand yard rushers and a top 10 defense and only won 7 games to set the world on fire is the stuff of homers.

lol, sound logic.  I guess you are assuming we were a top 10 defense all year?  Or did we just end up being that?

As for those 1000 yard rushers, how many of those yards were gained in SEC play? And what about the lack of help on the outside?

We did good things and we will a lot better this year.  Possibly 3-4 wins better.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: WarPig88 on July 24, 2015, 07:21:28 pm

just to look at the W's and L's yeah I get your point...but dig a little deeper and see how we lost at least 4 of those games and you'll find we shot ourselves in the foot...I honestly believe that we were far and away the best 7-6 team in the country last season and I don't know of anyone who wanted to play the Hogs in last season's bowl game...thank the Good Lord above the football gods offered the Texas Longhorns up on a platter to us...that was as thorough of a beat-down as I've seen as far as one team dominating the line of scrimmage
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Kevin

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on July 25, 2015, 03:48:36 pm
just to look at the W's and L's yeah I get your point...but dig a little deeper and see how we lost at least 4 of those games and you'll find we shot ourselves in the foot...I honestly believe that we were far and away the best 7-6 team in the country last season and I don't know of anyone who wanted to play the Hogs in last season's bowl game...thank the Good Lord above the football gods offered the Texas Longhorns up on a platter to us...that was as thorough of a beat-down as I've seen as far as one team dominating the line of scrimmage
t

He does not like cbb
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Otis

It may well be a transition year
, but despite it all, I truly believe the future is bright ....

Looks like we've TRANSITIONED to the worst team in the league. That's quite a transition.

WarPig88

Quote from: Kevin on July 25, 2015, 03:56:59 pm
t

He does not like cbb

Not everyone has an agenda against a coach like you.

I have never put a lot of confidence in a team that hasn't done it yet to blow up when expectations are put on them.

As a matter of fact, nearly every time a Hog team has had big expectations going into a season, they fail to live up to them.

So I will just wait and see. Til then, keep hating on MA.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: HF#1 on July 25, 2015, 03:21:44 pm
lol, sound logic.  I guess you are assuming we were a top 10 defense all year?  Or did we just end up being that?

As for those 1000 yard rushers, how many of those yards were gained in SEC play? And what about the lack of help on the outside?

We did good things and we will a lot better this year.  Possibly 3-4 wins better.

Trey, Darius, and Martell! Guys are really undervaluing the quality of these players. Arkansas don't have much in the running game after Collins and Williams. Still has not signed a explosive running back.

HF#1

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on July 26, 2015, 08:37:34 pm
Trey, Darius, and Martell! Guys are really undervaluing the quality of these players. Arkansas don't have much in the running game after Collins and Williams. Still has not signed a explosive running back.

Guys really undervaluing the players behind Flowers, Philon, and Spaight.  Kody Walker looked pretty good in the spring game.  R. Williams is a pretty good player.  Good enough to get PT as a freshman?  We'll see, especially if there is an injury.

870hogfan

Quote from: WarPig88 on July 26, 2015, 08:32:52 pm
Not everyone has an agenda against a coach like you.

I have never put a lot of confidence in a team that hasn't done it yet to blow up when expectations are put on them.

As a matter of fact, nearly every time a Hog team has had big expectations going into a season, they fail to live up to them.

So I will just wait and see. Til then, keep hating on MA.

Yet, you hate on CBB...

HOGINTENNESSEE

July 27, 2015, 07:25:34 am #12 Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 07:51:38 am by HOGINTENNESSEE
Quote from: Otis on July 25, 2015, 04:36:43 pm

Looks like we've TRANSITIONED to the worst team in the league. That's quite a transition.

We were the worst team in the league back to back years under Pel at one point and MA transitioned us to a number 2 finish this year.

By the way we still have not played Next Year year to determine how bad we may or may not be.

PonderinHog

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on July 27, 2015, 07:25:34 am
We worst team in the league back to back years under Pel at one point and MA transitioned us to a number 2 finish this year.

By the way we still have not played Next Year year to determine how bad we may or may not be.
I think Otis is sleeping another one off...

Piggage

This thread is very confusing to me. How can we have a discussion about Razorback basketball and not mention War Memorial Stadium one single time?

RazorPiggie

I've never seen so much division between two coaches in my life. I've also never seen so much love for a coach that has been to 1 NCAA tourney in 4 years in my life either.

PonderinHog

Quote from: RazorPiggie on July 27, 2015, 09:51:10 am
I've never seen so much division between two coaches in my life. I've also never seen so much love for a coach that has been to 1 NCAA tourney in 4 years in my life either.
Pelphrey was fired.  Anderson has been to quite a few NCAA's.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: PonderinHog on July 27, 2015, 09:55:59 am
Pelphrey was fired.  Anderson has been to quite a few NCAA's.

While being the HC at Arkansas.  I'm not sure why Pelphrey was brought up?

MikePiazza

Quote from: RazorPiggie on July 27, 2015, 09:51:10 am

Should really be two NCAA tourneys because I honestly felt like the 2013-14 team was a tourney-worthy team. They beat the eventual national runner-up twice and played another Final Four team and the league champion to overtime. They were just as good as Tennessee, who was a few possessions away from going to Elite Eight.
Identity theft is not a joke, Jim. Millions of families suffer every year.

PonderinHog

Quote from: RazorPiggie on July 27, 2015, 09:57:42 am
While being the HC at Arkansas.  I'm not sure why Pelphrey was brought up?
You know, I forgot about his NCAA appearance(s ?) at USA.  So, he had a couple or three, can't remember, but he was trending the wrong way at Arkansas and in over his head.  Anderson has NEVER had a losing season as a head coach.  NEVER.

popcornhog

Kapita could be eligible in January? Are you sure?

I agree that the future isn't in shambles, but next year pretty much is. I just hope that Mike can reasonably hold it together and build a solid 2016-2017 class that includes Monk. If so, it'll just be a one year slide.
WPS

Mike Irwin

Quote from: popcornhog on July 27, 2015, 10:20:03 am
Kapita could be eligible in January? Are you sure?

I agree that the future isn't in shambles, but next year pretty much is. I just hope that Mike can reasonably hold it together and build a solid 2016-2017 class that includes Monk. If so, it'll just be a one year slide.
If Kapita has a Clearinghouse issue it could be could be resolved at any point including one day before enrollment begins for the fall semester. BY taking certain classes at a prep school Kapita could also clear up the issue himself in time to enroll for the spring semester which, for athletic purposes, begins after final exams in December.

PonderinHog

Quote from: Mike Irwin on July 27, 2015, 10:48:05 am
If Kapita has a Clearinghouse issue it could be could be resolved at any point including one day before enrollment begins for the fall semester. BY taking certain classes at a prep school Kapita could also clear up the issue himself in time to enroll for the spring semester which, for athletic purposes, begins after final exams in December.
Didn't Joe Johnson have a similar start at Arkansas?

RazorPiggie

Quote from: PonderinHog on July 27, 2015, 10:04:28 am
You know, I forgot about his NCAA appearance(s ?) at USA.  So, he had a couple or three, can't remember, but he was trending the wrong way at Arkansas and in over his head.  Anderson has NEVER had a losing season as a head coach.  NEVER.

When half of your schedule is against NE Oklahoma State at Tulsa it'd be extremely hard to have a losing season. Hogville could coach these guys and not have a losing season when you play as bad as a schedule as we do.

PonderinHog

Quote from: RazorPiggie on July 27, 2015, 12:21:26 pm
When half of your schedule is against NE Oklahoma State at Tulsa it'd be extremely hard to have a losing season. Hogville could coach these guys and not have a losing season when you play as bad as a schedule as we do.
Flame on, dude...

hogsanity

Quote from: RazorPiggie on July 27, 2015, 12:21:26 pm

IF only the bball schedule was that easy.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Kevin

On average there is 9 to 11 guaranteed ooc wins a year.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22