Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Other sport players who could play B-ball

Started by hogfan7, July 23, 2015, 11:14:21 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hogfan7

Due to recent events the basketball team may have many open spots and since it's to late to recruit players, what players from other sports teams on campus could play basketball? I think Skipper would be a force down low.

Big Nasty 34

Jamario Bell broke a backboard in high school...

NLRHog92

Quote from: Big Nasty 34 on July 23, 2015, 11:14:56 am
Jamario Bell broke a backboard in high school...

I wish they'd let him play, but most likely not gonna happen...

Big Nasty 34

Oh I know. The likelihood of having a football guy help out is slim to none. Nice to wish for a moment lol.

hogman99

I doudt CBB will let his players venture over into the basketball facility. CMA may have to watch some pickup games in the HYPR building to find some practice bodies.

pigture perfect

Long jumpers and high jumpers from the track team might could help out. They usually have a little experience in basketball.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

-Blu

Getting a football player wouldn't be the best course of action if your looking for bodies at this point, best case scenario he's available in mid January after everything is done with football.

If the staff feels like these guys really wont' have a chance to make it back to campus, which they should have a pretty good idea after their court appearance on Friday, best bet would be to at least grab an unsigned JUCO or see if they can't get someone to reclassify and sign with them.  It may not be the quality of player we want, but all we would really need is 1 more guy that could fit in rotation or provide a body for practice.

Whitt/Durham
Bell/Hannahs
Watkins/(walk-on or late signee)
Miles/Thompson
Kingsley/Kouassi

Svrdhd

I saw in another thread that a returning football player was basically penalized/demoted due to being distracted with track and joining a fraternity.
I'll burn that bridge when I come to it.

hawginbigd1

Well we know big Sprinkle wants to play basketball, if CBB will quit blocking ;D