Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Why did we waste money on a search firm?

Started by Dannyluvssonic, December 06, 2017, 08:12:14 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Dannyluvssonic

We could have gotten Morris the day after Bielema was fired.  Makes no sense.

bighog2255

Cale

Jesus man. There's been countless threads about the service is for vetting purposes. You know. Back ground checks. RMPL
Quote from: jst01 on January 06, 2018, 06:00:42 pm<br />Maybe we are a baseball school <br />

hobhog

HoggyCat

Better yet, why did we offer $7M for Gus, and settle for this. Make a few people say no first.

Bit I gotta wonder how much of the buyout monies Jerra is fronting now.....
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

longtimeHogfan

The vetting process exposed some flaws in our picks for AD and coach.  In the long run it was money (and time) well spent.
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: hogz11 on December 06, 2017, 08:14:43 am
Without a firm, we probably end up with Mike Norvell.

And while I was high on him, that clearly would've been a mistake.
yeah, because our mountain folk would call him a wig***, and we cant have all that. Even wins cant cover that up!
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

007 License To Squeal

The search firm wasn't hired to target prospective coaches.  It was hired to vet prospective hires imo.
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

Dannyluvssonic

They may be garbage threads to the kool aid drinkers and Gus Huggers but they are legitimate questions.

HoggyCat

Quote from: hogz11 on December 06, 2017, 08:14:43 am
Without a firm, we probably end up with Mike Norvell.

And while I was high on him, that clearly would've been a mistake.

So Norvell would've been a mistake, but not the guy he beat 66-45 and 51-7 the past two seasons?

HoggyCat

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on December 06, 2017, 08:17:12 am
The search firm wasn't hired to target prospective coaches.  It was hired to vet prospective hires imo.

Then why was it called a "search" firm??? The AD firm was a vetting firm.

TebowHater

The hiring of the search firm directly resulted in us NOT hiring a coach we would have already. We could have hired Chad day 1, correct - the search firm was useful long before Chad came into the picture. In fact, you could say Chad owes his job to the fact we hired a search firm, for better or worse.

BorderPatrol

Quote from: Dannyluvssonic on December 06, 2017, 08:17:59 am
They may be garbage threads to the kool aid drinkers and Gus Huggers but they are legitimate questions.

No, they are garbage threads regardless. It has been explained ad nauseam around here about the "search firms".

bp

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on December 06, 2017, 08:17:12 am
cost us our new jfb. probably bama plants anyway those search firms, meant to trojan horse the west of the league.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang