Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gerry Bohanon to announce his decision on 12/19...

Started by DuckTalesLOL, December 14, 2017, 09:22:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bphi11ips

Quote from: jkstock04 on December 15, 2017, 07:35:35 am
My thoughts on the matter are no matter if this kid turns out to be a success or not...if Morris flips him to Arkansas that's going to be a very big deal perception wise on the recruiting side of things. I say "flip" him because there was no chance in hell he was going to come here with Bielema the program wrecker as our coach.

Guy has only been our coach a few days...and if he is able to flip this kid to stay in state that's gonna be a real good look for now and things to come.

Agreed. If Bohannon signs during early period it will boost recruiting over next six weeks.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Hogarusa

Would be great if he chose Arkansas, pretty funny that some of you are dissecting his post for clues.

Not sure why others are insulting KJ Hill. Why not be happy that a kid from Arkansas can go to a national top 5 program and be a starting WR, leading in  Receptions?
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

Pigsknuckles

"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

lawhawg20

I'll buy the moral victory argument of getting him to flip, but the kid doesn't seem like a savior to me.  He's fast, but not Mike Vick (or even Matt Jones) fast, and nearly every ball on his HUDL highlight is under thrown.  Hope he signs with us, but I'm tempering my expectations.

greenie

Quote from: NotSoFastMyFriend on December 15, 2017, 08:00:53 am
100% out of state.

There are no absolutes in recruiting. He may not come to Arkansas, but you're setting yourself up to either eat crow or go into hiding.

babo1

LZH

Quote from: Hogarusa on December 15, 2017, 08:14:41 am
Why not be happy that a kid from Arkansas can go to a national top 5 program and be a starting WR, leading in  Receptions?

My take on these kids is...."if you be gone, you stay gone."

pigiron66

Quote from: NEA_HogFan on December 15, 2017, 07:30:08 am
Umm he led the teams in catches this year with 55.

Hill may have led Ohio in receptions but falls behind in EVERY other catagory there. Not to mention he is a middle of the pack WR in the NCAA. Not saying he sucks by any means, but he isn't a superstar either.

bphi11ips

Quote from: lawhawg20 on December 15, 2017, 08:25:32 am
I'll buy the moral victory argument of getting him to flip, but the kid doesn't seem like a savior to me.  He's fast, but not Mike Vick (or even Matt Jones) fast, and nearly every ball on his HUDL highlight is under thrown.  Hope he signs with us, but I'm tempering my expectations.

Moral victories are determined after the fact.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

#1 STUNNA

Glad you arent the coach

rmcchris

As I have said in other threads, this kid is the key on the recruiting trail for offense.  We really need him.  Gerry, come be a Hog!

hawgmasta

Pull the trigger Gerry, come to the hogs your home team.

arkirish

Quote from: Jimbob111 on December 15, 2017, 01:49:12 am
Remind me again why some kid is having a press conference at his school to pick which college he's going to?  Is he a Gatorade All-American? The number one QB in the country? Took his team to the state championship for 3 years running? Did he overcome a debilitating illness and can now play college athletics?  He's good but he's not that good. He's a product of Fitz Hill's propaganda campaign.  But hey, December 19th right? I guess we better all make plans to take off work and show up.

Someone get this snowflake an aspirin and his juicebox.

Pinto

LRHawg

Even if he leaves, he did seem to really connect with our new coach. I'm excited for the future regardless of Bohanon's choice.

PS - you guys need to get over KJ. Lots of stuff went down behind the scenes and is water under the bridge at this point. Let it go.

RME

Would be great if he chose Arkansas, pretty funny that some of you are dissecting his post for clues.

Not sure why others are insulting KJ Hill. Why not be happy that a kid from Arkansas can go to a national top 5 program and be a starting WR, leading in  Receptions?

It's pretty incredible that people take personal offense to a recruit's decision when that decision doesn't personally affect the offended party at all.

FutureMan

According to SEC Country, with the transfer of QB Zach Smith, Baylor is going all in on Gerry Bohannon:

"Arkansas and Baylor appear to be in a dead heat to land 4-star Earle (Ark.) quarterback Gerry Bohanon Jr., who expects to sign on Wednesday.

Recent news out of Baylor that quarterback Zach Smith is expected to transfer likely helps the Bears' chances with Bohanon. With Smith gone, they would have just one scholarship quarterback on the roster — freshman Charlie Brewer. Baylor also does not have a quarterback committed in its 2018 class as Bohanon clearly appears to be the top priority.

A source told SEC Country that Baylor had several members of its staff in Earle earlier this week in a final attempt to sway Bohanon. The visit from the Bears came shortly after Bohanon proclaimed his belief that Morris is the right coach to turn Arkansas' program around.

"I feel like that's the right man for the job," Bohanon said Monday. "I feel like he's going to really change the program around with the right guys."

Bohanon's decision should provide plenty of intrigue as the early signing period draws closer"

https://www.seccountry.com/arkansas/arkansas-huge-recruiting-weekend-ahead-dl-billy-ferrell-visiting
"Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit."
- E.E. Cummings

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on December 14, 2017, 09:53:06 pm
This kid would be kryptonite to Nick Saban's defense.... Gerry would bring down the Alabama dynasty and become the most famous Razorback of all time.
Might want to dampen some of your enthusiasm there, '69. While GB might end up being a very good SEC level player, first of all he obviously has to choose the Hogs. Secondly, he has to fit into the offense and develop into a the type player we all hope he can be. Lastly, to say he'd single handily bring down the Tide dynasty is REALLY a stretch. Even Manzel as good as he was couldn't do that by himself.

So lets step back and see where things lead before we start "punching our ticket" to the SECC game.

Snout team

The scout team (snout team) is an important part of the team although it gets little credit.

Ex-Trumpet

Remind me again why some kid is having a press conference at his school to pick which college he's going to?  Is he a Gatorade All-American? The number one QB in the country? Took his team to the state championship for 3 years running? Did he overcome a debilitating illness and can now play college athletics?  He's good but he's not that good. He's a product of Fitz Hill's propaganda campaign.  But hey, December 19th right? I guess we better all make plans to take off work and show up.

Sorry, message boards are for fans.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

ricepig

Flip?? I didn't realize he was committed elsewhere....

oldhog63

This might not be a big deal where you are from, but it will be a very big deal in Earle, Arkansas. That school and most of the town will shut down for this. I hope he decides to play for the Hogs, but where ever he goes, I hope he is successful. Earle is a pretty depressed area,  so any good news would be welcome there.

Smallie Bigs

I  ooked up his stats. I was surprised that he only had 546 yds &  3 tds with 55 recs.
Watchdog defending all things Razorback.

ricepig

Quote from: oldhog63 on December 15, 2017, 09:47:03 am
This might not be a big deal from where you are from, but it will be a very big deal in Earle, Arkansas. That school and most of the town will shut down for this. I hope he decides to play for the Hogs, but where ever he goes, I hope he is successful. Earle is a pretty depressed area,  so any good news would be welcome there.

An accident on Highway 64 shuts Earle down, but there's nothing wrong with kids having a PC announcing their choice.

RME

Don't keep up with recruiting much, do ya?

Lots of kids have announcement events, no matter how highly or lowly rated they are.

oldhog63

Quote from: ricepig on December 15, 2017, 09:49:27 am
An accident on Highway 64 shuts Earle down, but there's nothing wrong with kids having a PC announcing their choice.
Yep, especially with that stupid 3 lane stretch just outside of town where everyone thinks the 3rd lane belongs to whoever is in it first.

FraggleHog

FWIW, the only Crystal Ball prediction that GB has received on 247 since CCM was hired was Arkansas by Andrew Ellis who is an Ohio St recruiting analyst.
Calling the Hogs from DFW

Torqued pork

Just a wild guess, but I imagine it's because Hog fans are always told the instate recruiting base is pitifully weak and is the constant drumbeat from those who tell them mediocrity is about the best they can ever hope for. It just stings more when one of our few leaves.

RoyInSpringdale/MizzouFan

Looking at the photo with Gerry's announcement it shows Arkansas represented the most in all the schools shown. I would say that should bode well for Arkansas.

AHorseWithNoName

If it's Arkansas, why not just say?   Please don't tell me this is all about seeking attention.  sheesh!
"A man on a horse is spiritually, as well as physically, bigger than a man on foot." — John Steinbeck

bjeffersonhog

Nothing is ever 100% in recruiting, but I'll be shocked if he signs with Arkansas.  I'm still holding out hope, but I hope everyone on here doesn't flip out if he doesnt sign with us.  Morris made a great impression on the kid, but he is probably going to end up signing outside of the SEC at a school that doesn't have any QB depth at all.

FraggleHog

Quote from: bjeffersonhog on December 15, 2017, 10:13:13 am
Nothing is ever 100% in recruiting, but I'll be shocked if he signs with Arkansas.  I'm still holding out hope, but I hope everyone on here doesn't flip out if he doesnt sign with us.  Morris made a great impression on the kid, but he is probably going to end up signing outside of the SEC at a school that doesn't have any QB depth at all.

Although I do feel he will be a Hog, 100% Agreed. In the end, if he decides to go elsewhere, best of luck. We still have a more than adequate QB to run CCM's system in Noland. I also feel that Cole Kelley can be more than effective in his system. More so than Enos' pro-style system as I see him being much more comfortable in the gun.
Calling the Hogs from DFW

jkstock04

Quote from: ricepig on December 15, 2017, 09:45:10 am
Flip?? I didn't realize he was committed elsewhere....
Zero chance he was gonna come here with Bielema as coach...he was headed elsewhere all the way. I consider it a flip if Morris lands him.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Pig Power

woodhog14

I guess he can't be developed then right? Jesus...most kids don't hit their ceiling as a senior in high school. I'm willing to be that Gerry can get a bit faster and improve on accurracy with proper coaching and development. Don't you think.

Tony Perkis

Quote from: RoyInSpringdale/MizzouFan on December 15, 2017, 10:06:34 am
Looking at the photo with Gerry's announcement it shows Arkansas represented the most in all the schools shown. I would say that should bode well for Arkansas.
Unless he's trolling...which happens a lot with these kind of announcements.

redleg

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 14, 2017, 10:52:12 pm
Hill is a bum. what has he done?
I hate to say it, but.....he led the Buckeyes in receptions in 2017 with 55, was second on the team with 546 receiving yards, and had 3 receiving TDs. Hill also had 6 kickoffs returned for 150 yards, and led the Buckeyes with 26 punt returns for 143 yards.
So, I would say he is doing pretty damn well for a Top 10 team. It's too bad he won't be in Morris' offense for the next two seasons.
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

clutch

Quote from: AHorseWithNoName on December 15, 2017, 10:12:18 am
If it's Arkansas, why not just say?   Please don't tell me this is all about seeking attention.  sheesh!

You must not be from a small town. These announcements are big deals for the whole town, and surrounding areas. It's like a big celebration that one of their own has achieved a dream. It's not as much for him as it is for everyone else that wants to be apart of the process. It's a way for the kids to let everyone in the community share a part of it. 2A schools and communities don't get many D1 players, especially SEC level D1 players.

forrest city joe

Why don't you stop the BS. kids have been having PC for years at their school.he is not the first kid to have one.so give me a break!nothings says you have to be the best player in the country to have a PC at your school.and the shot you took at coach Hill is a joke! coach Hill is a good man and knows his football.he has forgot more about football than you will ever know.

NWAHog479

This guy is going to be good no matter where he goes, going to be very exciting if he picks Arkansas.

forrest city joe

Quote from: NWAHog479 on December 15, 2017, 11:04:29 am
This guy is going to be good no matter where he goes, going to be very exciting if he picks Arkansas.
Agreed. not saying he will be.but if he picks Arkansas,he could be our version of D.Watson,or RG3.he has the talent to be that good.

Johnny Bobo

Quote from: Jimbob111 on December 15, 2017, 05:05:56 am
Ok, so after rethinking this, I can see this is just a kid who wants everyone to see his accomplishments, which are not small. I mean, he has been offered multiple D-1 scholarships to play football. So, I was kind of hard on him.

The frustrating part is that this was probably coordinated by a grown adult and I feel like this rampant self-promotion is have a very detrimental effect on sports in general and is enabling some players to engage on conduct that they feel they can get away with because they are "more special" than their peers. It's normalizing the idea that some people are above others and then, their behavior get's normalized because they should be able to do it because they are "more special".

And it's adults that are feeding into this enabling behavior and the kids are just going along with it.  /rant over

kids signing tennis scholarships to Hendrix or softball scholarships to UA-Monticello do a public signing at their school and their friends are there to celebrate with them for a few special moments

in this kid's case, the media coverage is huge

how is that his fault, or "some adult's" fault? It's a happy time for him and for his people.

You've got issues.

elksnort

Quote from: oldhog63 on December 15, 2017, 09:54:25 am
Yep, especially with that stupid 3 lane stretch just outside of town where everyone thinks the 3rd lane belongs to whoever is in it first.
There will be some lane improvements in and by Earle soon if they already have not done it already.

Dark Helmet Hog

razorbackfaninar

Quote from: bjeffersonhog on December 15, 2017, 10:13:13 am

The timing of his signing is pretty telling. He is talented enough that he would be able to wait until the traditional signing day if he wasn't sure where he wanted to go. He would likely do so if he were going out of state in order to avoid the inevitable backlash.  That he is signing early at a ceremony at his HS and that we just hired a coach that runs an offense tailor made for someone with his skill set who also recruited Deshaun Watson who gave Coach Morris high praise and who Bohanon has indicated is one of his favorite players all adds up to the fact that he is more than likely signing with the Razorbacks.  You are right though nothing is ever 100% in recruiting, these are all just guesses. 

forrest city joe

Quote from: razorbackfaninar on December 15, 2017, 11:22:47 am
The timing of his signing is pretty telling. He is talented enough that he would be able to wait until the traditional signing day if he wasn't sure where he wanted to go. He would likely do so if he were going out of state in order to avoid the inevitable backlash.  That he is signing early at a ceremony at his HS and that we just hired a coach that runs an offense tailor made for someone with his skill set who also recruited Deshaun Watson who gave Coach Morris high praise and who Bohanon has indicated is one of his favorite players all adds up to the fact that he is more than likely signing with the Razorbacks.  You are right though nothing is ever 100% in recruiting, these are all just guesses. 
Remember WR Bret Smith of Warren Arkansas? he had a PC at his school and picked Tennessee.so i would not read to much into this.it could be Baylor.we just don't know.

NEA_HogFan

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on December 15, 2017, 09:50:07 am
Don't keep up with recruiting much, do ya?

Lots of kids have announcement events, no matter how highly or lowly rated they are.

Yes. Lots of times the school plans it. When me and my High school team mate signed to play baseball at the same school, the local news station covered it. I had no idea they were gonna do that and honestly didn't want the attention. And it was an NAIA school at that.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: forrest city joe on December 15, 2017, 11:40:10 am
Remember WR Bret Smith of Warren Arkansas? he had a PC at his school and picked Tennessee.so i would not read to much into this.it could be Baylor.we just don't know.
Brett didnt say "come hear what you've all been waiting to hear" either. That is a Hog lean.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

LRHawg

Quote from: razorbackfaninar on December 15, 2017, 11:22:47 am

Too late, you have officially jacked my hopes up!  ;D