Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

W--------------------HOO--------------What a big road win.Hogs are in the Dance

Started by forrest city joe, February 24, 2018, 07:31:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

McKdaddy

Excellent road win. Good for the team, program, and Mike. Looking forward to the tourney.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

liljo

Quote from: hawgball40 on February 24, 2018, 07:58:35 pm
I'm still not buying any stock in this team. We had the same lulls tonight as we did against kentucky, the difference was obviously in level of competition. But yeah, enjoy the win. I'm enjoying it. But i dont expect the hogs to do much in the tourney. We're a flawed basketball team with a bad system and several players who just aren't very good. Props to DT, Adrio, and Jones for stepping up tonight though.

Wonder what this guy says after a loss?

You hate children, don't you? And puppies; puppies are terrible, huh? :-\

Every player on that team is good. In fact, you won't find a kid in a p5 conference who isn't a hell of a basketball player. Obviously some are better than others, but they are ALL good. And compared to some people who call themselves fans, they are great.

I bet the night the Razorbacks beat Duke for the title, you bad mouthed the team all night until the final buzzer. Had Hogville been around then, you'd have posted something like:
'Well, that wasn't a vintage Duke team. Thurman bailed us out tonight.'
:puke:

Hogville: A place where Hog fans gather to discuss all things Razorbacks in peace.

razorback1829

Quote from: hawgball40 on February 24, 2018, 07:58:35 pm
I'm still not buying any stock in this team. We had the same lulls tonight as we did against kentucky, the difference was obviously in level of competition. But yeah, enjoy the win. I'm enjoying it. But i dont expect the hogs to do much in the tourney. We're a flawed basketball team with a bad system and several players who just aren't very good. Props to DT, Adrio, and Jones for stepping up tonight though.

Lol you are a clown 🤡

Pigsear

Quote from: SoIndianaHog on February 24, 2018, 07:38:01 pm
Biggest plus about tonight was Coach Anderson's game plan. Defense was great tonight and I believe it's because he went away from the press and played more zone. Tough for any coach to change to what needs to be done and not what he wants to play. Think he deserves a ton of credit for his plan tonight. Still confused about sub patterns sometimes, but  he believes in his bench and they delivered tonight. Love me some Hogs and love the way Coach Anderson led the way tonight!
Great job tonight by Mike, makes you wonder why he don't coach that way all the time.

golfinpig

Bittersweet victory. Probably put us in the tournament but also assures more years of mediocre mike.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: golfinpig on February 25, 2018, 03:25:24 pm
Bittersweet victory. Probably put us in the tournament but also assures more years of mediocre mike.

Do you seriously think Mike would have been fired if we lost last night?
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

hawgball40

Quote from: liljo on February 25, 2018, 09:49:50 am
Wonder what this guy says after a loss?

You hate children, don't you? And puppies; puppies are terrible, huh? :-\

Every player on that team is good. In fact, you won't find a kid in a p5 conference who isn't a hell of a basketball player. Obviously some are better than others, but they are ALL good. And compared to some people who call themselves fans, they are great.

I bet the night the Razorbacks beat Duke for the title, you bad mouthed the team all night until the final buzzer. Had Hogville been around then, you'd have posted something like:
'Well, that wasn't a vintage Duke team. Thurman bailed us out tonight.'
:puke:
You can put me down if you need to. I'm big enough to take it, despite being much younger than you apparently. you see i was 4 years old when we cut down the nets in charlotte. I do know for a fact we are at one of my dads friends house watching it. Other than that, i don't remember much. I remember growing up watching the hogs on Jefferson Pilot (I believe) sports on one of the local channels. Good memories. Dad used to take us to the games as boys. My brother and I attended the season opener, on my birthday last year (November 10th). we had a blast. I grew up in a family of rabid hog fans, and as much as it apparently hurts you that i have sharp criticism of our coach, it doesn't make me any less of a fan. I will be loving and cheering my hogs through thick and thin. I just want to be able to witness Arkansas at its peak again. There have been times where we've shown flashes this year. Last night in particular, early on we had a pretty swing around predicated on a high post swinger where the pass went over the sholder and right to beard on the elbow for a wideopen 3 that was all money. beautiful basketball. But that doesn't forgive the blowout losses and the failures to show up. Mike needs to get us over the hump, that simple for me. i feel like we're knocking on the door but not getting in right now. Also, i'm that rare arkansas fan who is more of a basketball fan than football. hence the username "hawgball40", a homage to the famed 40 minutes of hell

hawgball40

Quote from: golfinpig on February 25, 2018, 03:25:24 pm
I mean i could see that. Sometimes i wonder if he'll ever get us over that hump. whether it be winning the big game or signing the big recruit. He has been mediocre as far as our expectations, and i think its largely due to his style being dated and no longer being very effective. He needs to reinvent himself in terms of philosophy a bit in order to reach his potential with the level of talent he's currently getting. We just don't have the players to press for 40 minutes and run the motion offense. Those two things are normally counterproductive in tandem, IMO because both waste alot of energy of your players. Maybe keep the motion O with a few go to sets when we need a bucket(which is what it looks like we do now but i could be wrong), and then situationally press and drop to the matchup zone. but 1 thing is for sure, we need to continue getting bigger and better recruits, especially inside. and we need guards who can score and create their own shot.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: hawgball40 on February 25, 2018, 05:14:46 pm
I mean i could see that. Sometimes i wonder if he'll ever get us over that hump. whether it be winning the big game or signing the big recruit. He has been mediocre as far as our expectations, and i think its largely due to his style being dated and no longer being very effective. He needs to reinvent himself in terms of philosophy a bit in order to reach his potential with the level of talent he's currently getting. We just don't have the players to press for 40 minutes and run the motion offense. Those two things are normally counterproductive in tandem, IMO because both waste alot of energy of your players. Maybe keep the motion O with a few go to sets when we need a bucket(which is what it looks like we do now but i could be wrong), and then situationally press and drop to the matchup zone. but 1 thing is for sure, we need to continue getting bigger and better recruits, especially inside. and we need guards who can score and create their own shot.

Just Keep Watching!

WeHogs

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 24, 2018, 07:31:17 pm
No way in hell anyone can keep the Hogs out of the NCAAT.this game today took away any excuse.congrats to our players and coaches for getting a great road win.won the biggest game of the season.you better realize just how big a win this is.Mike Anderson did a hell of a job coaching this team tonight.Alabama was a big Fav in this game at home. and the hogs went in and beat them.C.J.Jones.Trey Tompson.Dustin Thomas and A.Bailey,all helped win this game.I LOVE IT!GO HOGS.

I agree it was a big win. Bama was only a 4 point favorite so saying they were a big favorite at home is a little crazy. Need to follow this up with two more regular season wins to make up for the LSU losses and get atleast a 7 seed so we have a chance to win more than one NCAA tournament game.