Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Backup Hunter Mickelson could play another big role Saturday for KU

Started by bkjbearcat, March 06, 2015, 09:53:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bkjbearcat

B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

poloprince

Good for him, I'm glad to see him get an opportunity. I still wish he would have stayed and accepted his role like Ky did and been partly responsible for the resurgence of the program.
$PoLoPrInCe$

twistitup

Self said "he's not physically strong like Cliff" when speaking of Mick - sounds like he still needs to add more bulk. I hope he finds a way to get strong, it would be a difference maker in my opinion.
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Dwight_K_Shrute

His last season at Ark he averaged 16 min per game.  Averaging 6 mpg at KU.  Out of the last 5 games did not play in 3 of them.  Yes he had 13 minutes and 8 points in his last game but that's about it.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on March 06, 2015, 10:24:00 am
His last season at Ark he averaged 16 min per game.  Averaging 6 mpg at KU.  Out of the last 5 games did not play in 3 of them.  Yes he had 13 minutes and 8 points in his last game but that's about it.

8 points (2 layups, 4 free throws), 2 rebs, 3 stls, 2 blks.

Regardless, I don't miss him.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Sure he's a good kid but one of the most overrated prospects we've ever had in the state.

PonderinHog

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 06, 2015, 10:29:09 am
8 points (2 layups, 4 free throws), 2 rebs, 3 stls, 2 blks.

Regardless, I don't miss him.
I kinda wish things had worked out differently for us and him, but yeah.

FATHAWG08

I think he could have been helped this team coming off the bench. He could of made us a little deeper in the post area. He is a little more polished on offense than any of the big men we have  coming off the bench. But, it was his choice,
I love off season Football!!

opineonswine

OrvilleRedenporker

Sorry but get this crap thread somewhere else....I'm happy for the kid but the Hogs are doing things they haven't done in twenty years.  I don't give a hoot what this kid is doing.

jesterzzn

Did the real story ever come out about why he transfered.  Cause the last one I heard was development, and that would be rather sad if true.

twistitup

Quote from: jesterzzn on March 06, 2015, 11:32:19 am
Did the real story ever come out about why he transfered.  Cause the last one I heard was development, and that would be rather sad if true.

Sad because genetics not coaching are a huge part of development?

jesterzzn

twistitup

Quote from: jesterzzn on March 06, 2015, 11:36:55 am
Wut?

You said it's sad that he left due to lack of development.....but in Micks case I don't know if his lack of strength is any coaches fault but instead he may just be genetically thin with super fast metabolism.
He needs strength and can't seem to gain it at AR or KU

jesterzzn

I really don't think a few extra pounds on his bench press or weight on his frame would fix the problems that I see in his game.  My point is that Bill Self didn't suddenly make him a great big man, so maybe the grass wasn't greener.

ricepig

Quote from: twistitup on March 06, 2015, 11:48:56 am
You said it's sad that he left due to lack of development.....but in Micks case I don't know if his lack of strength is any coaches fault but instead he may just be genetically thin with super fast metabolism.
He needs strength and can't seem to gain it at AR or KU

He gained a lot of weight when he first got up to the Hill, didn't help him.

twistitup

ricepig

twistitup

ricepig

twistitup

Quote from: ricepig on March 06, 2015, 01:44:07 pm
You ever tried to move a 400lb guy of off the block?

No, but I've had enough of the 7 footers that lack muscle...I'll take a powerful 6' 10" guy any day of the damn week

Champs04

yraciv

Please name the  rail thin unathletic posts we've had in 40 minutes of hell or fastest 40 that worked out?  He didn't fit the system and it's simple as that!  Kansas brought in the #1 PF in the country, and their best player is a post, so he doesn't see the court a lot.  If Hunter was still here, I'd bet he'd still be seeing minutes, but there is no reason to dwell on it.

Good guy, it didn't work out, and I wish him well against everyone but the Hogs.  And to those who click on the thread to say don't care. SMDH! You clicked on the thread that clearly stated what it was about in the subject line.

Dr. Starcs

Mickelson pulled down 1 rebound last night against Michigan state in what appeared to be limited action.

yraciv

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on November 18, 2015, 07:24:08 am
Mickelson pulled down 1 rebound last night against Michigan state in what appeared to be limited action.

He pulled down 7 with 3 blocks in 13 minutes the game before. He is what we thought he is.  The guy is on a Top 5 team full of veterans and highly rated recruits.  He can hit a shot here and there, pull down the occasional board, and block shots, but he'll never be the athlete that some of his teammates are to get time.  Given a different circumstance I'm sure he could be getting 10 pts, 7 reb, and a couple blocks game, but he chose his route in being a role player at KU.

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: yraciv on November 18, 2015, 08:54:19 am
He pulled down 7 with 3 blocks in 13 minutes the game before. He is what we thought he is.  The guy is on a Top 5 team full of veterans and highly rated recruits.  He can hit a shot here and there, pull down the occasional board, and block shots, but he'll never be the athlete that some of his teammates are to get time.  Given a different circumstance I'm sure he could be getting 10 pts, 7 reb, and a couple blocks game, but he chose his route in being a role player at KU.

Wichita State, Butler or Gonzaga might have been better options or maybe just stay home and play for the hometown Red Wolves. Would have been a standout there I believe.
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.