Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas State player ejected from GoDaddy Bowl for 'threatening an official'

Started by jbcarol, January 05, 2015, 07:13:52 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

AL.com sports @aldotcomSports  ·  5 hours ago

Arkansas State player ejected from GoDaddy Bowl for 'threatening an official' | http://AL.com  http://ow.ly/GMX4b

QuoteEarly in the fourth quarter, with Arkansas State trailing 42-31 and Toledo driving, Red Wolves linebacker Xavier Woodson said something to a referee after a play and was immediately ejected.

"I'm not commenting on it," Anderson said. "It was the heat of the battle, and if he deserved to be kicked out, he deserved to be kicked out.

"It was chippy at that point. I think at that point, they decided to draw a line. The official made a call. It's a judgment call on his part. If we've got a guy who steps out of line, he deserves to be sent off. There's nothing on video, I don't have any proof of it, but they're the guys out there calling the game. If they felt like he was out of line, he was out of line."
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

NEastArkie

That has got to be one of the dumbest things ever.  Any player ought to know better than that.

PorkRinds

GolfNut57

Coach Anderson said he won't repeat what the ref claims Woodson said to him. Only that IF the ref thought it worth the ejection then he was ejected. My feeling is Anderson didn't agree with it but he realized that arguing it was pointless. However, I doubt the threat was physical in nature in any way. Nobody can be that stupid. That would likely get you kicked out of NCAA football for life.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

clutch

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 06, 2015, 03:16:22 pm
Anyone know what he supposedly said?

He told him to "call it both ways or I'm going to beat your a**". This came from another player on the ASU defense.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: clutch on January 16, 2015, 10:52:34 am
He told him to "call it both ways or I'm going to beat your a**". This came from another player on the ASU defense.

If that is what he said he deserved ejection.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

GolfNut57

I'm not going to say you are wrong on the above because I wasn't there. But I do find it interesting that if another ASU defensive player is claiming such, that it has never been mentioned on the ASU board. Surely such a thing would have been revealed over there first considering the number of "insiders" on that board.

Fwiw, the player has been suspended from the first half of next years season opener vs Southern Cal by Coach Anderson.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

Justifiable Hogicide

He should have been kicked off the team and banned from College football.
I've never seen any other player flagged for "Threatening an Official". Class A Thug.

clutch

Quote from: GolfNut57 on January 16, 2015, 09:11:05 pm
I'm not going to say you are wrong on the above because I wasn't there. But I do find it interesting that if another ASU defensive player is claiming such, that it has never been mentioned on the ASU board. Surely such a thing would have been revealed over there first considering the number of "insiders" on that board.

Fwiw, the player has been suspended from the first half of next years season opener vs Southern Cal by Coach Anderson.

I'm really good friends with this player that told me this. He wouldn't have made it up. If he says that's what happened then that's what happened to me.

PorkRinds

Which is really stupid, because the ref and the player both KNOW he isn't going to do that.  Why even say it?

GolfNut57

Quote from: clutch on January 20, 2015, 01:21:04 pm
I'm really good friends with this player that told me this. He wouldn't have made it up. If he says that's what happened then that's what happened to me.

Which is why I said I wasn't going to say you are wrong. Just that it is interesting that it wasn't revealed on the ASU board first because we have several posters supposedly with "insider" knowledge there.

GolfNut57

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 20, 2015, 01:24:28 pm
Which is really stupid, because the ref and the player both KNOW he isn't going to do that.  Why even say it?

because a lot of dumb things get said by kids in the "heat of the moment" situations.

Dropkick

Quote from: GolfNut57 on January 20, 2015, 08:06:39 pm
because a lot of dumb things get said by kids in the "heat of the moment" situations.
as well as us "adults" on Hogville, lol. GO SOX!