Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Let the Beatdown Commence...

Started by Ex-Trumpet, September 22, 2017, 10:18:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ex-Trumpet

I've relaxed with some fajita enchiladas this evening, consumed a couple mango margaritas in cardinal red glasses...life is awesome!

Time for the Hogs to show what a bye-week can do to a clusterfjord that aTm is.

[Think I'll skip the cayenne pepper on the rim of the cardinal colored glasses next time...]

Go Hogs!!
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Ex-Trumpet

Seriously.  This is prolly gonna be over by halftime.  Really.  Second half won't matter this time!
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Ex-Trumpet

Ok, I'm going to bed now, prolly need to sleep this off...

sickboy

Lol. Nothing beats a good enchilada and a margarita.

Here's to hoping we wallop these boys.

greasy_corner

Hear! Hear!  I agree. 

Now if someone would do something about all of these new razorback "fan" (aggie) accounts on here, we could get the board back. 

Ragnar Hogbrok

My work buddy is an aTm fan. We argued today over whose team and coach was worse.  We each are adamant that we will lose. But, we both hoped we're wrong. It was bizarre to say the least.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

RazorbackAlways

Quote from: The Chief on September 22, 2017, 10:55:06 pm
My work buddy is an aTm fan. We argued today over whose team and coach was worse.  We each are adamant that we will lose. But, we both hoped we're wrong. It was bizarre to say the least.

Amazing!

greasy_corner

Yep, I understand.  I've worked for a texas engineering company for over 20 years, and have hundred's of aggie friends and thousand's of aggie co-workers.  Nobody wants bragging rights for this one.     

panhandlepig

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on September 22, 2017, 10:29:09 pm
Ok, I'm going to bed now, prolly need to sleep this off...

Sleep well. Im trying something different tomorrow.  I couldn't justify taking the whole day off to make an 1100 kick off.   The Hogs will have to win or lose without my participation for at least the 1st half.  I'm thinking its a good thing. Go Hogs. Beat the ever living snot out of the Aggies.

Etowah

A and M will not win an sec game this year.

This is over early.

buldozer

Quote from: Etowah on September 22, 2017, 11:38:22 pm
A and M will not win an sec game this year.

This is over early.

Man I hope you are correct! That would be nice and would go along way to calming the waters over here for a while.

McKdaddy

My wife and I also had that debate yesterday.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

Hoggish1

I'm ready.  T minus 4 hours and 16 minutes till the TAMU pinata begins to be whacked...

Cambridge Hog

You guys are crazy. They lost a qb, not the entire roster. That RB is 5x what TCU brought. I would love to think we could whip them badly, but that roster is littered with top talent.

redneckfriend

Quote from: Cambridge Hog on September 23, 2017, 07:04:34 am
You guys are crazy. They lost a qb, not the entire roster. That RB is 5x what TCU brought. I would love to think we could whip them badly, but that roster is littered with top talent.

Yep

Bkhardicars

I Hope you guys are right. History seems to indicate that we are the cure for what ails a team. Wouldn't be shocked if the Aggies QB played like Cam Newton today.

TeufelHog

-Our total offense is out of sync.
-We haven't played in 2 weeks . . . which exacerbates above.
-We're still installing a new defense.
-We're starting an unknown FG kicker.
-We obviously have some locker-room problems.
-aTm's "Jimmy's & Joe's" outclass us talent-wise for multiple recruiting classes.

Love my Hogs and will be pulling for them to win, but aTm wins this one . . . AGAIN.  Love to be wrong.

TheRazorback500

What needs to happen:
We return the opening kickoff to at least the 30 (and no penalty, please) and drive for 7. Then we corral Kirk and force a three and out. Or better yet, get a turnover. Then, we roll from there to the win.

What probably will happen:
Block in the back on the kickoff, three and out for the still-sputtering offense, shanked punt by Johnson, who's worried sick about Kirk, A&M ball on the 50. An early deficit. You know the rest.

You just don't know. Go Hogs.
Do you wanna get Rocked?

#1Fan

Quote from: TeufelHog on September 23, 2017, 09:13:45 am
-Our total offense is out of sync.
-We haven't played in 2 weeks . . . which exacerbates above.
-We're still installing a new defense.
-We're starting an unknown FG kicker.
-We obviously have some locker-room problems.
-aTm's "Jimmy's & Joe's" outclass us talent-wise for multiple recruiting classes.

Love my Hogs and will be pulling for them to win, but aTm wins this one . . . AGAIN.  Love to be wrong.
But we have a HUGE advantage due to game start time and weather.  That's what I read on Hogville.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: #1Fan on September 23, 2017, 10:08:31 am
But we have a HUGE advantage due to game start time and weather.  That's what I read on Hogville.

And we should be better hydrated.  The aggie that had the recipe for ice water graduated.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Bkhardicars on September 23, 2017, 09:09:12 am
I Hope you guys are right. History seems to indicate that we are the cure for what ails a team. Wouldn't be shocked if the Aggies QB played like Cam Newton today.

Yep, this has been the history.

But after sleeping off the margaritas (and starting the day with about a pot of Irish coffee) I'm still seeing cardinal red...the Hogs are hungry now.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on September 23, 2017, 10:51:48 am
Yep, this has been the history.

But after sleeping off the margaritas (and starting the day with about a pot of Irish coffee) I'm still seeing cardinal red...the Hogs are hungry now.
Bert's been chugging Smirnoff for two days now. How does that alter your feelings?

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: theFlyingHog on September 23, 2017, 10:53:13 am
Bert's been chugging Smirnoff for two days now. How does that alter your feelings?

I've had a pot of Irish coffee...feelings are for girls.

Tejano Jawg

I like your style ExTrumpet. At first I glanced at your opening post menu and thought it was from this morning. I'm still at the coffee/breakfast taco stage. But almost ready for kickoff.

Go Hogs! Beat the Texas Aggies! Hard!
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on September 23, 2017, 10:56:17 am
I like your style ExTrumpet. At first I glanced at your opening post menu and thought it was from this morning. I'm still at the coffee/breakfast taco stage. But almost ready for kickoff.

Go Hogs! Beat the Texas Aggies! Hard!

Pot of Irish coffee and Paul Eels cheese dip for breakfast for me...just sent the wife to HEB for some more Tums and Advil.

Ex-Trumpet

Turns out my cardinal colored glasses were just my bloodshot eyes...

Fool me once, shame on you.  Fool me twice, shame on me.  Fool me again and again and again...